Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,244 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta (26432 Views)

Why Are We Disrespecting The Presidents Office? / Show Of Shame.you Cannot Justify Disrespecting The President – Ayogu Eze To PDP / Stop Disrespecting Buhari, Nigerian Government Warns Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by omonnakoda: 8:09pm On May 05, 2020
pazienza:

"With the war ended, and as a Commissioner in Rivers State, I soon found that the Rivers State for which I had fought did not end my nightmare. In the first place, oil money from Ogoni country (as well as Ijaw country) was being carted away to Lagos, leaving the Ogoni illiterate and backward. This is anti-federalism.

Worse still, the Ijaws were taking their frustrations out on the non-Ijaws of the State. For the Ijaws alone number more than the eight other ethnic groups in Rivers State put together. Though historically disunited, the Ijaws find unity when it comes to lording if over the non-Ijaws. The Ijaws will want to perpetuate this. Today, there is not even a Commissioner from my Local Government Area in the Rivers State Cabinet. My dilemma as an Ogoni is not about to end.

“Lost in this dreadful nightmare, I went in 1971 to see Chief Awolowo at the Federal Ministry of Finance. There was nothing I told the sage that he was not aware of. He showed me his writings on the issue and bade me seek the mid-Southern State he had proposed in 1966. Thus, was the quest for a Port Harcourt State begun. In 1974, when we started, there was no shortage of opponents. To the Ijaws, I became a traitor. The creation of this State would alleviate my nightmare”.

~ Saro Wiwa 1971.

https://riversijawvoice.com.ng/2018/08/22/obi-wali-and-ken-saro-wiwa-created-the-upland-riverine-dichotomy/

Let's not pretend like there was not a total Ijaw domination and blatant disregard of ethnic heterogeneity of old Rivers state that left Saro wiwa and Ogoni in pains.
Ikwerre lernt the current blatant disrespect of ethnic diversity of Rivers state and arrogance from the Ijaws.
Let's not pretend like Niger Delta Republic will be any different for smaller ethnic nationalities.

Any one from Rivers state would know the story of Melford Okilo declaring that MONKEY NO FIT WEAR COAT in Rivers State,presumably the Ogoni were the monkeys that should not dream of becoming governor referencing Kemte Giadom

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by SaintBishop: 8:15pm On May 05, 2020
MichaelDuf:
The people disrespecting so called south south are Yorubas and hausa fulanis.

They are the ones stealing their resources and jobs.

Some of us are actually from the south south tho.
Forming a country with Igbos is no no for me.

Igbo people are not trust worthy at all.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Ikinternational: 8:19pm On May 05, 2020
mrvitalis:

You yorubas are the ones making kanu popular ....we don't give a fivk about him

Shhhhh. Not so loud. Don't tell them

1 Like

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by mrvitalis(m): 8:23pm On May 05, 2020
Ikinternational:

Shhhhh. Not so loud. Don't tell them

Ok bro ..I no go talk am again

1 Like

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Dedetwo(m): 8:24pm On May 05, 2020
SaintBishop:

Some of us are actually from the south south tho.
Forming a country with Igbos is no no for me.

Igbo people are not trust worthy at all.

What is your ethnicity? Please do not be ashamed of your father and forbearers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Dikebuka: 8:39pm On May 05, 2020
To the OP
Their is nothing like Niger-Delta..
Niger-Delta includes Abia, Imo, Anambra and Ondo.

Niger-Delta are just oil producing region in the country..

Its either you say you are ijaw, Efik, Annang, benin, urhobo, itsekiri, kalabari, Esan, or Igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by iFukLivingSage: 8:45pm On May 05, 2020
cheesy
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by iFukLivingSage: 8:46pm On May 05, 2020
[s]
Afospecialk:

Fear done they catch you bcs SS dont want your wahala attachment by force grin

Potopoto Igbos beafraud republic have nothing to offer the SS apart from the SE to benefit from SS

grin
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 9:30pm On May 05, 2020
Balogunodua:

So blackking98 an afonja, smh osu no dey disappoint grin
The guy is really dull
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by SaintBishop: 9:35pm On May 05, 2020

2 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 9:35pm On May 05, 2020
MichaelDuf:
There is nothing like Niger Delta. I am from cross River and a Biafran
where in Cross river? We will gladly donate you to abia state, rubbish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 9:40pm On May 05, 2020
pazienza:

Dede. I beg to disagree. The Niger delta reserve the right to choose what is right for themselves, even if we think it's not right for them, it should be none of our business.
It's actually a display of lack of intellect to try and force your opinion on others or try to forcefully keep them in a union they want no part of.
Ndiigbo would have no moral high ground to demand for Separate Biafra, if we keep insisting that there is no Niger Delta, because Nigerians can as well claim there is no Biafra and that we are stupid for wanting Biafra.

In all we do, we must think of repercussions and extrapolations our actions could result to.
What is good for the goose should also be good for the gander.
Niger delta exists, whether Biafrans like it or not, just as Biafra exists, whether Nigerians like it or not.
You will never make a Niger deltan Biafran, just as you can never make a Biafran Nigerian. Such arrangements of forceful union will only breed resentment, hate and pepertual failure of such anomalous geographical expression as typified by Nigeria's comatose state today.
you are quite different from so many igbos on nairaland, I like you. Kudos bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 9:45pm On May 05, 2020
Dedetwo:

Bro Pazi, who the hell are Niger Delta? I really do not want a repeated lie to become defector truth. All of the goons who shout Niger Delta on this forum are even ashamed of their ancestral heritage. Please be mindful there are large percentage of Igbo people in the so-called Niger Delta. I am strictly for Republic of Igbo land not even Biafra. However there are very close allies who fought the war of attrition with Ndigbo in Biafra. It is a good manner of respect to give these worthy allies a chance to choose. There is a factor called cultural proximity in the make of a nation state. There is no doubt in my mind that there are groups of people in the so-called Niger Delta who would want to join Oduduwa Republic even though they remain in their shell of treachery. Bro Pazi, I shall repeat nothing defines Nigeria to me more than Nigeria/Biafra war.
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE BIAFRA.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 9:47pm On May 05, 2020
Dikebuka:
To the OP

Its either you say you are ijaw, Efik, Annang, benin, urhobo, itsekiri, kalabari, Esan, or Igbo
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE BIAFRA, IT'S EITHER YOU'RE ENUGU,IMO,EBONYI,ABIA OR ANAMBRA

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by YungMillionaire: 10:15pm On May 05, 2020
AdaoraNK:
Please you should end this topic. The people from the west know best how to use the media to get your opinions and then put asunder.

Listen, any reasonable Niger Deltan if asked to choose between Igbo and yoruba the answer is as good as mine.

Lets end it please and focus on our development human and economical.

The west will always align with the north to subdue se/ss at anytime.

BEWARE!

Please stop using SE/SS - I am not interested in joining Biafra. Kaptiche?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by YungMillionaire: 10:18pm On May 05, 2020
horsepower102:

Thanks you for saying this. It took me a long time to arrive at this point. Niger deltans will choose the devil if the alternative was igbo. Let’s not kill ourselves. The biggest damage I see is igbo parenting. We were never raised with hatred for these people but they were raised with hatred for us.
I think that’s why a lot of igbo naturally assume the Niger deltans are their brothers. Igbo parenting needs to change. Our children are very naive on the reality of Nigeria and it takes them years to come to the point I finally came to in my adulthood. Even Nnamdi Kanu of all people still has that outdated mentality.

Is it true that Igbo parents raised their offspring to hate Yorubas and Northerner?

1 Like

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by valirex: 10:27pm On May 05, 2020
madmohamed:
Edo man shut up. U don't belong here face west that is where u belong.

Igbo man shut the hell up what makes you think he's Edo. You think Edos care about this damn nation? For all we care this nation can burn and everyone goes their ways. Marginalizing us with Oduduwa is totally wrong. Singapore is 721.5 km² and Edo is 17,802 km², never determine the right of a people with how big or small their land is.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by YungMillionaire: 10:35pm On May 05, 2020
Some people make me laugh. You tell me as an Itshekiri I will prefer to be in a country with Igbos rather than Yorubas? Listen to yourself. Its like telling a Delta Igbo to form a country with Yorubas rather than Igbos. People should use their brain once in a while. grin

3 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by valirex: 11:43pm On May 05, 2020
dukeprince50:
u are 10000000% right, actually our best opinion is to make Nigeria wotk

So because about 25 countries will come out from this one therefore this Nigeria should go on? You are one of those suppressing the right of the people. If you are good and just as you claim then you should allow everyone make their individual choices
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by valirex: 11:48pm On May 05, 2020
obowo69:

I agree with your sentiments 100% but I want to tell you something I have observed over the years.

Niger delta republic is a scam ideology.

Hear me out:

If you pay close attention, you will notice that if you leave those who claim niger delta republic alone, they will never organize and fight for it. They have no single active movement. They don’t even trust or like each other. And if you leave them alone for the next 200 years nothing will change.

BUT

The moment you mention Biafra, all of a sudden, they won’t stop disturbing you with Niger delta republic as if it’s something real.

It’s like how the “all lives matter” protesters come out when “black lives matter” protesters gather in the USA.

True they don't have any active movement still doesn't mean you should force them to into your Biafra

3 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by valirex: 11:50pm On May 05, 2020
Arrewa:
then tell Nnamdi kanu to remove them from his map!!

Why will he add them on Biafra map at the first place??

Those guys don reject una tire yet una no wan let go!!

If they open thread to counter your lies you'll start wailing and calling them Afonjas!

We all know you're after their oil...

This is the best thing you have ever said grin

1 Like

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Deebwebb: 11:52pm On May 05, 2020
Afonjas on the beat always dragging people to there fights,stupid cowards,ask any the south-south commenting where they from,because ss is not a tribe, many people with different language an akwa ibom and a deltan will see an igbo man as a close ally,same way Benin we see Yoruba as a close ally too,so thinking ss is one group is wrong, a deltan or akwa ibom relate well with an igbo man than to an Edo man,I don't even understand or speak Edo at all, but we are all ss..so we Will always have different views...better go back north so they keep raping you guys to death as usual...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by valirex: 12:05am On May 06, 2020
Blackking98:
20 independent countries? What a wawu. Niger Delta republic is bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Edo, cross river, non Igbo speaking parts of Delta and rivers. Those ethnicities you speak of, if you understand the terrain and Niger Delta politics you'll know that ibibio , ijaw or urhobo even in Alliance as large as they are can't dominate the Niger Delta like Igbo hausa and Yoruba are doing to Nigeria now. So plan your biafra and we plan our Niger Delta republic, thanks.

Count Edo out of Niger Delta Republic. Let everyone make their choices. Edo is up to the task of being fully independent. Ijaw might also wanna be on their own.

4 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Blackking98(m): 12:07am On May 06, 2020
valirex:

Count Edo out of Niger Delta Republic. Let everyone make their choices. Edo is up to the task of being fully independent. Ijaw might also wanna be on their own.
are you from Edo or ijaw? If no don't quote me.

1 Like

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by valirex: 12:10am On May 06, 2020
pazienza:

It's happening.
Imagine ropping the likes of Igala in Kogi into Biafra.
One wonder what they are smoking there.
What Igbo man would want such a Frankenstein monster country after enduring the tower of Babel called Nigeria?

How about us having our Independent Igbo only beautiful country, where Igbo language would be the lingua franca for education and all governmental proceedings.
Imagine how cool it would be for Biafra law makers to be debating issues in Biafra senate using Igbo language, national Anthem in Igbo language, teaching core science subjects in schools up to University level in Igbo language.
No more shouts of Igbo domination.

How cool will that be? Wonderful right? Why would any right thinking person sacrifice all that for a hopeless ethnic heterogeneous country where Pidgin English will be the lingua franca?

Ana afucha ebe ana echi ozo jebe ebe ana aru agwu?

Bro you are wise, am not Igbo but you speak truth, absolute one

3 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by valirex: 1:19am On May 06, 2020
Blackking98:
are you from Edo or ijaw? If no don't quote me.

I am, so I can quote you as long as you mention where I am from

3 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Parisian: 3:16am On May 06, 2020
You have no right to tell us when or how to mention our ND republic. It is not your business. Focus on your biafra.

Saro Wiwa brought up secession years
before biafra was ever dreamt of and he is very much niger deltan. Focus on your own agitation and let us be.
obowo69:

I think you need to know that I agree with you 100% and actually hate IPOB led by Nnamdi Kanu for doing this.

I was just pointing out that hypocrisy. Everyone should stay on their own lane. Don’t bring up Niger delta republic only when biafra is discussed but never ever bring it up any other time or even have a movement for it.

3 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Parisian: 3:34am On May 06, 2020
And you think you have human intellect? Lmao grin
Dedetwo:

Until the so-called Niger Delta shows some form of human intellect, the imagined disrespect according the above poster will continue to flourish from the SE.
Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by Parisian: 3:35am On May 06, 2020
This one is pained at the mention of Niger delta. Take heart you'll be fine.
Dedetwo:

Bro Pazi, who the hell are Niger Delta? I really do not want a repeated lie to become defector truth. All of the goons who shout Niger Delta on this forum are even ashamed of their ancestral heritage. Please be mindful there are large percentage of Igbo people in the so-called Niger Delta. I am strictly for Republic of Igbo land not even Biafra. However there are very close allies who fought the war of attrition with Ndigbo in Biafra. It is a good manner of respect to give these worthy allies a chance to choose. There is a factor called cultural proximity in the make of a nation state. There is no doubt in my mind that there are groups of people in the so-called Niger Delta who would want to join Oduduwa Republic even though they remain in their shell of treachery. Bro Pazi, I shall repeat nothing defines Nigeria to me more than Nigeria/Biafra war.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by valirex: 8:09am On May 06, 2020
Dikebuka:
To the OP

You don't have the right to suppress people's right. Some in the Niger Delta has said it b4 they want an independent nation. If you are fighting a true course and against this Nigeria's way then you should respect their right to self rule. If Igbos do not recognize the individual minorities now when they aren't independent of Nigeria what will they do if they become independent of Nigeria. If you don't recognize Niger Delta Republic then no one recognizes biafra for respect is reciprocal. No one has the monopoly of self autonomy

4 Likes

Re: South East Should Stop Disrespecting The Niger Delta by valirex: 8:13am On May 06, 2020
Blackking98:
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE BIAFRA.

Exactly if they don't recognize the minorities now I wonder what the will do if Biafra comes. Respect is reciprocal, if they don't recognize the individual nations in southern Nigeria then we can't recognize biafra

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Portrait Disappears In Kano Offices / Caption This Photo Of Saraki And Abba Kyari Chief Of Staff To Buhari / Hausa People Attack Reason Onya At Slaughter House In Port-Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.