Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! (10451 Views)

If Peter Obi Win A Single State Outside Southeast I Will Deactivate My Acco / Igbo Investment Outside Southeast Worth $2trillion / We Are Worried About Movement Of Almajiris Into Our Region - SouthEast Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by horsepower102: 3:37pm On May 06, 2020
sreamsense:

Erecting building is not a significant contributing index factor for poverty rating. There is no village or region in Nigeria today that is not erecting building or other structure. It is only noticeable in the east because of tiny land mass.

People prefer to build storey buildings in the east because of scarcity or cost of land. Land is expensive because of scarcity and small land mass. Imagine total land mass of entire 5-states in the south east is just slightly above Oyo state. How won't you notice development in such tiny land?

Please, stop chest beating, accept reality, you will never see elders and wise people in biafra land arguing this out. When you over rate yourself and reality later hit on you in term of statistics from NBS, world bank and Oxford University, you begin to shout "afonja" up and down.

Humble yourself, accept realities on ground and you will be good for it. Is only God that lifts up and cast down. Humility is important, we will not all be cast down!

lies!!! If you mean accepting reality by accepting those NBS statistics Yemi pull out of his arse, then to hell with you and him.

Erecting building is for those who have money and can afford to. Dont force me to open a thread posting aerial views of your so called cities.

There is no scarcity land in the east. Lagos state is the smallest state but contains over 20million Nigerians and still has more space to build.
Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by Eastlink(m): 3:39pm On May 06, 2020
pazienza:

This one is trying to play cheap divide and conquer tactics.
Soon he will log him with his multiple monikers claiming to represent all SE states and attack each other to create the impression of Igbos from different states fighting each other.
Lol! You know their pattern. Julius Malema other handle
Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by superlightning: 3:47pm On May 06, 2020
Eastlink:
Lol! You know their pattern. Julius Malema other handle

please I beg you in Jesus name, stop this nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by pazienza(m): 4:12pm On May 06, 2020
sreamsense:

Erecting building is not a significant contributing index factor for poverty rating. There is no village or region in Nigeria today that is not erecting building or other structure. It is only noticeable in the east because of tiny land mass.

People prefer to build storey buildings in the east because of scarcity or cost of land. Land is expensive because of scarcity and small land mass. Imagine total land mass of entire 5-states in the south east is just slightly above Oyo state. How won't you notice development in such tiny land?

Please, stop chest beating, accept reality, you will never see elders and wise people in biafra land arguing this out. When you over rate yourself and reality later hit on you in term of statistics from NBS, world bank and Oxford University, you begin to shout "afonja" up and down.

Humble yourself, accept realities on ground and you will be good for it. Is only God that lifts up and cast down. Humility is important, we will not all be cast down!

The type of stuff they type from their brown roof apartment built from mud in Oshogbo.
What reality? Scarcity of land is not why there are brown roof and old dilapidated buildings all over Yoruba cities, it's poverty and lack of money for renovation work.
All over Igboland, old ground floor buildings are continously being torn down and replaced with modern storey buildings. Because there is capital and capacity to do that.
You don't just acquire money to build and afford four storey buildings because there is scarcity of land, you have to to have the money to embark on it first and foremost to be able to afford it.

Take your humility sermon to your fellow Yorubas.
We were here when we were all told how Osun GDP was bigger than that of the whole SE combined and we saw how it ended.
This stat is not reality, it's an insult to our sensibility, a distortion and falsehood, it's only rational that we rejected it. This is not 1960s when your Lagos Ibadan express way media have monopoly to packaging and propagating falsehoods as facts.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by emmaodet: 4:18pm On May 06, 2020
horsepower102:
With all due respect I will like to use this opportunity to invite Spyder880 to this thread.

Oga spyder880, I have the highest respect for your opinions on this nairaland forum because of your honesty and transparency.

You are also privileged to travel around the south east both in rural and urban areas because of the nature of your Job.

Please your opinion is highly valued at this time.

Please look at the above statistics and tell us if this reflects your reality.

Thank you.

Ebonyi 79.8% poverty
Enugu 58.1% poverty
Abia 30% poverty
Imo 28.9% poverty
Anambra 14.8% poverty

Well, i don't believe in these figures or statistics.
I believe south west is worse than south east.
I only pass through south east though so can't really say much about them but from what have seen about south west, it's heartbreaking.
I'm not impressed or happy with the way south west is and don't believe in all these figures.
I think i will have to accept that nigeria is backward afterall.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 06, 2020
Golan007:

And you say Buhari isn't trying?

grin

U mean buhari gave money to individuals in the SE to build those houses?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by horsepower102: 4:20pm On May 06, 2020
emmaodet:

Well, i don't believe in these figures or statistics.
I believe south west is worse than south east.
I only pass through south east though so can't really say much about them but from what have seen about south west, it's heartbreaking.
I'm not impressed or happy with the way south west is and don't believe in all these figures.
I think i will have to accept that nigeria is backward afterall.

thank you to another eyewitness on the ground
Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 06, 2020
sreamsense:

Is lagos bigger than the east?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by sreamsense: 4:23pm On May 06, 2020
horsepower102:

lies!!! If you mean accepting reality by accepting those NBS statistics Yemi pull out of his arse, then to hell with you and him.

Erecting building is for those who have money and can afford to. Dont force me to open a thread posting aerial views of your so called cities.

There is no scarcity land in the east. Lagos state is the smallest state but contains over 20million Nigerians and still has more space to build.

You are whallowing in ignorance! If NBS Yemi pulled out his own statistics, what of other previous ones that had rated south west above you? Are they also from Yemi? Is it Yemi that headed that of Oxford university and world bank? Keep fooling yourself around " Upper-Eweka"!

You kept on struggling with south west while south-south has shown that they are superior to you. South-south is ahead of you in poverty index and even in IGR and you are here struggling with your senior big brother South West while you should be competing with South-south.

There is no area in Nigeria where erecting structures are not going ON. Even core villages are experiencing massive development in term of building structures. It is only glaring in South east because the entire region is too small and land are scarce and expensive.

Shame on you, you are comparing yourself with Lagos! Majority of people in Lagos are living outside Lagos State. Some are living in Ogun state while some are comming from Ibadan to work in Lagos.

Many companies that supposed to build structures in Lagos ended up establishing in Ogun state because of its closeness to Lagos, land scarcity and cost. Today, Ogun state housed highest numbers of manufacturing companies in Nigeria. So, small land mass affected Lagos, how wouldn't it be noticeable in the tiny south east that is equivalent to Oyo state?

Stop beating your empty chest! Even world bank, Oxford University and other international organizations understood that "riches and wealth" dwells in brown-roof regions, that is why people leave your zones to search for wealth in " brown-roof" region to build structures in the south east that owners only come to leave at every Christmas holiday.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by Marine54(m): 4:28pm On May 06, 2020
spyder880:
This is a new settlement in Nike, Enugu, very far from the main Enugu city centre. There's no more undecidedlands to buy in Enugu city centre. All has been bought up and are being held tightly.
100% truth ! I am from akwa ibom, i live in enugu...

1 Like

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by manuelreports: 4:32pm On May 06, 2020
spyder880:

In my honest opinion, the statistics are very wrong. I wouldn't know if the peope that collated the figures ever came down to the south east to see how things are going. I have lived in the south east for over 40 years, worked in every state in the south east and has been in every local government area. I was in 3 states of the south east only yesterday and will be to the remaining 2 states within this week.

Its not yet uhuru in the south east yet, but we are going in the right direction. I see hope and promise in the south east. I see families getting richer, I see communities eradicating poverty in unison. We have shared palliative materials to many communities and some people are not even coming out to take them. Many people see the bags of rice and spaghetti as too small for them to bother coming out to the school field.

The type of property boom happening in the south east amazed me daily, we have demand for new buildings and we have contracts for over 6 new buildings going on concurrently. People are still buying lands in the south east in this Corona lockdown! I have appointment with some people today to show them lands to buy in Enugu today, and they plan to start building houses. Most artisans are busy, most markets are experiencing huge sales, intact, I don't have too much reason to complain about the future of the south east.

Thank you my Brother
I am a Realtor equally, shuttle between Lagos and the South East. The demand for Land in the South East right now is very high more than that of Lagos. A lot of Igbos are heavily investing at home. This emergence of Nnamdi Kanu has really opened the eyes of Igbos and they are not relenting in correcting their mistake. As for the NBS statistics let us see it as a blessing in disguise, let us now work harder to make sure that poverty is wiped out in Igbos Land entirely.

Op Sorry for Callling you a Yoruba guy earlier
Aku rue Ulo policy or campaign must go on.

Ka Olisa bi na Igwe gozie Igbo

9 Likes

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by Golan007: 4:34pm On May 06, 2020
PrecisionFx:

U mean buhari gave money to individuals in the SE to build those houses?

I mean the houses were built in the last six years implies he boosted their economy.

You can't win that argument.

Either he did badly such that no development came to the east or he did so well that easterners are building houses in such numbers as never witnessed before since 2015.
Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by joeisreal(m): 4:34pm On May 06, 2020
Let me douse your fears a little but also point out the truth. I am a statistician. In reality more money exchanges hands in the west, including among Igbos living in the west. The research doesn't take into cognizance who is an indigene or not. Between the west and the east from a simple statistical analysis by any expert, they are better off. If you know the wealth generated through mechanised agriculture in the west, it is astonishing. From cocoa to cashew, palm oil, timbre(wood), Cassava,maize even vegetables. The service industry there is more pronounced with the likes of Apapa, Tincan wharf also MMIA Ikeja situated in the south west. Journalism is a multibillion naira industry ( Time Warner Inc is a good example). Entertainment industry has shifted to the west even our best talents like Nkem owoh, Mr Ibu are now part of film productions in the west. Mr Ibu used to be resident in the east now living in Lagos. By film industry I mean films shot with 35mm cameras suitable for cinemas, screened and appraised internationally. Or should I start with I.T sector, start ups springing up/headquartered in the west eg andela and google... The west has the largest cement deposit in Ewekoro Ogun state. The largest bitumen deposit is in Ondo. Osun has gold. So many mining activities exist in the south west and corresponding number of service industries attend to them. Companies in the west service a larger population and therefore are willing to pay more salary. And they are near to their target market consequently their logistics cost is greatly reduced.

On the flip side, we should be grateful for our God given qualities of ingenuity, tenacity and spirit of competition that distinguishes us. Our people migrate to the west, break even, gather wealth and return to the east to develop our villages. Housing is the easiest way to spin the GDP of any community or enclave. The USA housing bubble of 2008 sent the GDP of the whole world tumbling down. When you build more than 70% of every human economic activity is impacted and money circulates. Save for the housing boom happening in the east occasioned by the Aku ruo Uno mantra, Kwashiorkor will resurface in some areas. The federal government have long neglected the south easterners, so we learnt to survive and developed good managerial traits. So peripherally, we live in good houses in the east, potable water is easily dug, we manage little money well with our high IQ and present a good front. Satisfaction/contentment is great gain. So despite all odds we hold our head high and they accuse us of chest beating. I am a proud chest beater.
horsepower102:
With all due respect I will like to use this opportunity to invite Spyder880 to this thread.

Oga spyder880, I have the highest respect for your opinions on this nairaland forum because of your honesty and transparency.

You are also privileged to travel around the south east both in rural and urban areas because of the nature of your Job.

Please your opinion is highly valued at this time.

Please look at the above statistics and tell us if this reflects your reality.

Thank you.

Ebonyi 79.8% poverty
Enugu 58.1% poverty
Abia 30% poverty
Imo 28.9% poverty
Anambra 14.8% poverty

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by Beautifulminde3: 4:38pm On May 06, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Thanks OP.

Ife Ikwuru amaka. Oya mere anyi bu ndi Igbo ji di iche.

Ifele adi eme anyi oge obula anyi choputara no mmiri aba opi ugboguru.

Odiro mma na anyi ga arukisiba ulo na be ndi ozo rapu be anyi ka ona emebi.

Ejim naka na ihe mere poverty index ji di obere nala ndi South West bu maka na ndi Igbo emego invest na be ha nke ukwu.

Oka mma na anyi bidoro mebe invest na be anyi ka ndi be anyi we nwe indostri fa gana aru oru.
Yana ndi ochichi kwesiri igba mbo fu na securiti di nke ukwu ka mmadu we nwe obi ime invest nala IGBO.

Ejikwam oherea ario ndi ajo mmadu, ndi nto, ndi nsi, ndi na achusa onye obula biara ime ihe nala Igbo.
Ha nwe obi ncheghari maka na ejiko onu nyuo amiri, ogbo ufufu.

Ekelem unu.

I don't know why most of you are so dull so you believe this rubbish they concocted, that's is why they keep fooling you guys
Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by horsepower102: 4:42pm On May 06, 2020
joeisreal:
Let me douse your fears a little but also point out the truth. I am a statistician. In reality more money exchanges hands in the west, including among Igbos living in the west. The research doesn't take into cognizance who is an indigene or not. Between the west and the east from a simple statistical analysis by any expert, they are better off. If you know the wealth generated through mechanised agriculture in the west, it is astonishing. From cocoa to cashew, palm oil, timbre(wood), Cassava,maize even vegetables. The service industry there is more pronounced with the likes of Apapa, Tincan wharf also MMIA Ikeja situated in the south west. Journalism is a multibillion naira industry ( Time Warner Inc is a good example). Entertainment industry has shifted to the west even our best talents like Nkem owoh, Mr Ibu are now part of film productions in the west. Mr Ibu used to be resident in the east now living in Lagos. By film industry I mean films shot with 35mm cameras suitable for cinemas, screened and appraised internationally. Or should I start with I.T sector, start ups springing up/headquartered in the west eg andela and google... The west has the largest cement deposit in Ewekoro Ogun state. The largest bitumen deposit is in Ondo. Osun has gold. So many mining activities exist in the south west and corresponding number of service industries attend to them. Companies in the west service a larger population and therefore are willing to pay more salary. And they are near to their target market consequently their logistics cost is greatly reduced.

On the flip side, we should be grateful for our God given qualities of ingenuity, tenacity and spirit of competition that distinguishes us. Our people migrate to the west, break even, gather wealth and return to the east to develop our villages. Housing is the easiest way to spin the GDP of any community or enclave. The USA housing bubble of 2008 sent the GDP of the whole world tumbling down. When you build more than 70% of every human economic activity is impacted and money circulates. Save for the housing boom happening in the east occasioned by the Aku ruo Uno mantra, Kwashiorkor will resurface in some areas. The federal government have long neglected the south easterners, so we learnt to survive and developed good managerial traits. So peripherally, we live in good houses in the east, potable water is easily dug, we manage little money well with our high IQ and present a good front. Satisfaction/contentment is great gain. So despite all odds we hold our head high and they accuse us of chest beating. I am a proud chest beater.

So to summarize are you saying based on your experience and knowledge of statistics, that those numbers are correct?

Just tell me your bitter truth. Would you feel comfortable betting your whole money on those numbers if an independent outside agency was to conduct their own studies.
Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by LLobiorah: 4:43pm On May 06, 2020
manuelreports:

Thank you my Brother
I am a Realtor equally, shuttle between Lagos and the South East. The demand for Land in the South East right now is very high more than that of Lagos. A lot of Igbos are heavily investing at home. This emergence of Nnamdi Kanu has really opened the eyes of Igbos and they are not relenting in correcting their mistake. As for the NBS statistics let us see it as a blessing in disguise, let us now work harder to make sure that poverty is wiped out in Igbos Land entirely.

Op Sorry for Callling you a Yoruba guy earlier
Aku rue Ulo policy or campaign must go on.

Ka Olisa bi na Igwe gozie Igbo

Nice submission.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by Beautifulminde3: 4:46pm On May 06, 2020
Take your time and study Acute malnutrition among region 2018 report conducted by USAID, UKAID and UNICEF, Southeast 3.7, Southsouth 4.6, North central 4.8 Southwest 5.0

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by Beautifulminde3: 4:49pm On May 06, 2020
Skilled birth attendance

Southeast top the table

1 Like

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:49pm On May 06, 2020
Beautifulminde3:

I don't know why most of you are so dull so you believe this rubbish they concocted, that's is why they keep fooling you guys

Whether you believe or not is not the issue here. The issue here is that there should be a revolutionized thinking from us. Nwanne, before you build your or industry anywhere, first think of Igboland. Aku ruo ulo ka anacho. There is no denial in the fact that Igbos have invested their wealth in locations outside Igboland.

Hardly do we see others do the same. How long shall we continue to invest outside Igbo land. Igbos own almost 50% of houses in Abuja, yet are seen as settlers. Those houses can be a big turn around in Igbo land. At least whoever want to build will pay some stipends to the state government.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by LLobiorah: 4:50pm On May 06, 2020
joeisreal:

Well said! However SE is not really doing well in terms of agriculture. Aside Anambra, Ebonyi and some parts of Enugu; IMO and Abia are lagging. We are largely dependent on the middle belt and some parts of north, for our staple food. This should be a major concern also, to the SE.
Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by Beautifulminde3: 4:59pm On May 06, 2020
I don't know why our people are so dull, they concocted figures nobody is asking questions , they didn't involve any international body, they told us they took samples of 22,110 households who and who is involve? He placed his tribe on top with samples of 22,110 household, they place Osun 4th what is in Osun that richer the state richer than states that are viable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by Beautifulminde3: 5:02pm On May 06, 2020
LLobiorah:

Well said! However SE is not really doing well in terms of agriculture. Aside Anambra, Ebonyi and some parts of Enugu; IMO and Abia are lagging. We are largely dependent on the middle belt and some parts of north, for our staple food. This should be a major concern also, to the SE.
Agriculture isn't only sector that contribute to economy, services contribute more to Nigeria economy than Agriculture and industry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by Omar09(m): 5:02pm On May 06, 2020
Cyberterror:
Enugu is a poor state. Their rural areas are poverty-stricken but some mistakenly believe that Enugu city is representative of Enugu state. Economically, Abians are doing much better than Enuguites though it looks like Abia has been cursed with wicked leaders. Ebonyi is a backward state. Their ruthless governor is busy stealing for himself and his family while poverty and disease kills his people. Anambra state is not where it ought to be but that can change if their people can stop investing in Lagos. Imo is the only state with promise as our IGR and job creation is set to take a leap with the coming on stream of Shell gas and Waltersmith refinery which will create economic boom across the state. Owerri is currently the best city in southern Nigeria.

Owerri the best city in Southern Nigeria? Oga goan sit down joorh! I live in Owerri and I am born n brought up in Owerri and I can tell you Owerri is a piece of expensive, low class shit!

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by manuelreports: 5:03pm On May 06, 2020
sreamsense:

You are whallowing in ignorance! If NBS Yemi pulled out his own statistics, what of other previous ones that had rated south west above you? Are they also from Yemi? Is it Yemi that headed that of Oxford university and world bank? Keep fooling yourself around " Upper-Eweka"!

You kept on struggling with south west while south-south has shown that they are superior to you. South-south is ahead of you in poverty index and even in IGR and you are here struggling with your senior big brother South West while you should be competing with South-south.

There is no area in Nigeria where erecting structures are not going ON. Even core villages are experiencing massive development in term of building structures. It is only glaring in South east because the entire region is too small and land are scarce and expensive.

Shame on you, you are comparing yourself with Lagos! Majority of people in Lagos are living outside Lagos State. Some are living in Ogun state while some are comming from Ibadan to work in Lagos.

Many companies that supposed to build structures in Lagos ended up establishing in Ogun state because of its closeness to Lagos, land scarcity and cost. Today, Ogun state housed highest numbers of manufacturing companies in Nigeria. So, small land mass affected Lagos, how wouldn't it be noticeable in the tiny south east that is equivalent to Oyo state?

Stop beating your empty chest! Even world bank, Oxford University and other international organizations understood that "riches and wealth" dwells in brown-roof regions, that is why people leave your zones to search for wealth in " brown-roof" region to build structures in the south east that owners only come to leave at every Christmas holiday.
You don't know anything about Lagos
Land is costlier in the East than in Lagos
If you are ready I will take you to Ibeju-Lekki, Epe, Ikorodu, Badagry where you can buy a plot of Land for 600,000 k you can never see such cheap land in South East not even in the most remote Village.
You are not even exposed even in your own Land. Lagos has vast un developed Lands

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by LLobiorah: 5:03pm On May 06, 2020
Beautifulminde3:

Agriculture isn't only sector that contribute to economy, services contribute more to Nigeria economy than Agriculture and industry

You don't get me right, do you?
Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by LLobiorah: 5:04pm On May 06, 2020
manuelreports:

You don't know anything about Lagos
Land is costlier in the East than in Lagos
If you are ready I will take you to Ibeju-Lekki, Epe, Ikorodu, Badagry where you can buy a plot of Land for 600,000 k you can never see such cheap land in South East not even in the most remote Village.

Bros just stop this lie abeg
Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by afube: 5:05pm On May 06, 2020
spyder880:

In my honest opinion, the statistics are very wrong. I wouldn't know if the peope that collated the figures ever came down to the south east to see how things are going. I have lived in the south east for over 40 years, worked in every state in the south east and has been in every local government area. I was in 3 states of the south east only yesterday and will be to the remaining 2 states within this week.

Its not yet uhuru in the south east yet, but we are going in the right direction. I see hope and promise in the south east. I see families getting richer, I see communities eradicating poverty in unison. We have shared palliative materials to many communities and some people are not even coming out to take them. Many people see the bags of rice and spaghetti as too small for them to bother coming out to the school field.

The type of property boom happening in the south east amazed me daily, we have demand for new buildings and we have contracts for over 6 new buildings going on concurrently. People are still buying lands in the south east in this Corona lockdown! I have appointment with some people t

od

no be Yoruba man concoct the report.............

ay to show them lands to buy in Enugu today, and they plan to start building houses. Most artisans are busy, most markets are experiencing huge sales, intact, I don't have too much reason to complain about the future of the south east.
Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by pazienza(m): 5:07pm On May 06, 2020
Omar09:

Owerri the best city in Southern Nigeria? Oga goan sit down joorh! I live in Owerri and I am born n brought up in Owerri and I can tell you Owerri is a piece of expensive, low class shit!

Don't be stupid. Unless you are one of the alternative monikers. I would have you know that the post you were replying was writen by an Igbo impostor and the aim was to clash SE states against each other.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by LLobiorah: 5:08pm On May 06, 2020
Omar09:

That dude no be igbo. No stress yourself to reply him.
Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by joeisreal(m): 5:13pm On May 06, 2020
Poverty is a state of mind. Many beggars are better off than the people they solicit arms from. So many Nigerians living within are better off than the ones living outside Nigeria, but will still be begging them for help. Going by Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs; food, water and shelter being the basic. Igbos are better off than the west. We prioritize needs to wants better than the rest of the country. We learnt it from our parents. Our parents learnt the bitter way from Biafra war. We save the best for the last. I have other strong points, but I rather not spill some street secrets here. Knowledge is Power.
horsepower102:

So to summarize are you saying based on your experience and knowledge of statistics, that those numbers are correct?

Just tell me your bitter truth. Would you feel comfortable betting your whole money on those numbers if an independent outside agency was to conduct their own studies.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by Omar09(m): 5:15pm On May 06, 2020
pazienza:

Don't be stupid. Unless you are one of the alternative monikers. I would have you know that the post you were replying was writen by an Igbo impostor and the aim was to clash SE states against each other.

I'm definitely not. But Owerri is very expensive and still has nothing to show for how expensive it is. No good roads no nothing.
Re: Igbos Outside Southeast, Our Region's Poverty Index Is Rising! by Omar09(m): 5:15pm On May 06, 2020
LLobiorah:

That dude no be igbo. No stress yourself to reply him.

I wouldn't. Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Orubebe’s Home Bombed, Looted / National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) / International Women's Day 2019 - Women In The Buhari Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.