Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) (83947 Views)

Wike: Why Peter Obi left PDP for Labour Party / Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo / Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Omoshalewa04(f): 7:18pm On May 10, 2020
I rarely comment on this forum, but i cant just see this and pass. This is pure wickedness, someone's means of livelihood. What is his gain for demolishing it now, what happened to fining them.
This is beyond not obeying order.
So disheartening.....
Kilode....
I dey vex olohun...

4 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Thuglife2020: 7:19pm On May 10, 2020
ndcide:

It happens everywhere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8291341/amp/Texas-judge-JAILS-defiant-hair-salon-owner-opened-business-despite-stay-home-orders.html

Stop displaying your ignorance dude.. the hair salon owner has been ordered to be released by Supreme Court and one senator even visited to cut his hair. Learn Dude!

3 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Alwaysachick: 7:19pm On May 10, 2020
afecgivers:
They are cheap hotels, he will rebuild them. Can he demolish 5star hotel just like that...he is just doing this just to demonstrate how serious he is fighting the pandemic.
Wike, I understand you die..go ahead!

The 5star hotels are abiding by the rules I guess they know what's at stake.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Clothingonline9(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2020
Pure wickedness this can’t happen in West the Governor will build another one and be disgraced out of power
So he can’t seal the property why waste the resources

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Acidosis(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2020
Wike messed up.

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by DonBenny77(m): 7:20pm On May 10, 2020
festacman:
It is primitive, unchristian, unnecessary and indefensible to demolish a going concern that employs people and pays tax in a struggling economy. Wike had the option to seal these hotels and fine the operators' heavily but chosek to walk this path of malevolence. Sad.
It is more primitive not to adhere to simple instructions infact it is nauseating
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Alwaysachick: 7:20pm On May 10, 2020
afecgivers:
They are cheap hotels, he will rebuild them. Can he demolish 5star hotel just like that...he is just doing this just to demonstrate how serious he is fighting the pandemic.

I don't like when ppl get sentimental over things that if was done right won't have attracted consequences.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by mankan2k7(m): 7:21pm On May 10, 2020
I lost my respect for wike today

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by VEE2010(m): 7:21pm On May 10, 2020
I have read so many comments here that people are busy cursing the governor. Tomorrow, the same people will compare our country to Dubai and China, then accuse the country of not competing favorably with other countries, they were almost at the same level of development a few decades ago. The answer is simple! These countries with which we usually compare Nigeria are places where the law works. Covid-19 is real and if a constituted authority orders people to stay at home, I wonder why some violate this order and yet you blame the government for sending a clear message to deter others. I know that if we allow the death penalty to prevail in this country, the same sentimental comments will fill the air. The same death penalty is what has helped these countries that we usually jump to compare Nigeria with the habit of developing their countries. Well done Wike for that!
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by friday2011(m): 7:21pm On May 10, 2020
afecgivers:

Bro, wike wey me i no go demolish 10star seff,

10star management too no go violate such orders without connection in high places...

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by karashita: 7:22pm On May 10, 2020
[quote author=festacman post=89400314]It is primitive, unchristian, unnecessary and indefensible to demolish a going concern that employs people and pays tax in a struggling economy. Wike had the option to seal these hotels and fine the operators' heavily but chose to walk this path of malevolence. Sad.[/quote

I agree.

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by SocialJustice: 7:22pm On May 10, 2020
All government had to do was enforce social distancing rules or shut down the hotel. How does he expect the workers and business owner to survive.

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Alwaysachick: 7:22pm On May 10, 2020
afecgivers:

I don't like when ppl get sentimental over things that if was done right won't have attracted consequences.

This is his job allow him do it how he knows best. Most ppl get sacked for disobeying rules why are we all sanctimonious now.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by blessedchild234(m): 7:23pm On May 10, 2020
Why them no obey the lockdown rules na only them like money ?
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by MrSquint: 7:23pm On May 10, 2020
Power is meant to be a SHIELD and not a WEAPON for destruction.

Demolishing someone's property is extreme and uncivilized, it shows wickedness, pride and foolishness. So because you warned your child not to pick meat from pots at home, you had to cut off his hand ?

This is how you'll end up trading the love your people have for you, for hatred. Elections will soon come, shebi you'll go back to the same place and people to campaign for their votes ? You're gradually losing the love the people have for you. So you don't know APC will capitalize on this ugly incident.
Sir, you're becoming too egocentric and too loud for a Governor.

So for the lack of basic amenities that you promised to deliver on, during your campaign, are you saying the people of Rivers State should come after you, demolish your properties and kick you out of brick house ?

Calm down

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by omoadeleye(m): 7:23pm On May 10, 2020
Assuming they too have obeyed the executive order, this menace won't be happening now
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by orisa37: 7:23pm On May 10, 2020
THE OWNER OF THE HOTEL AND EVERYONE FOUND THERE WHEN THE GOVERNOR CAME VISITING SHOULD HAVE BEEN ARRESTED, LOCKED UP AND THE HOTEL CLOSED INDEFINITELY. DEMOLISHING THE HOTEL AS SEEN IS HIGH HANDED. PLEASE TELL US IT'S NOT TRUE.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Awesomefred32(m): 7:23pm On May 10, 2020
:| why not use it as isolation center. This my Governor self:>
Check my signature
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Ryocaj(m): 7:24pm On May 10, 2020
This man is power drunk n making irrational decisions.. does he av no advisers..

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by yesloaded: 7:24pm On May 10, 2020
Demmtek:
Something he should have convert to isolation Center.
Stupidity at it's peak, imagine what the wiked man is tryna prove to the federal government.

Its unfortunate that most of Nigerian politician are power drunk n sees themselves as demigod

Wike messed up big time n his explanation don't holds water

Its unfortunate that we have people like Wike controlling affairs of state, Nigerian needs to stop voting based on sentiment & people of high intellect, integrity should please join politics

A responsible governor always think twice & I don't think governor of my state could make such silly moves

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by CasNova: 7:24pm On May 10, 2020
It is imperative that the executive order must be obeyed, but any violation must be prosecuted based on existing laws and by competent court of law.

Is this the case here?
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by gowonmaharajah(m): 7:25pm On May 10, 2020
power intoxicates.

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by bcashy: 7:25pm On May 10, 2020
Some just told me that we should leave wike alone oooo that they so.much love him in rivers grin grin
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Mynightmare: 7:25pm On May 10, 2020
This is pure stupidity on wikes side, he should rebuild and compesate tge owners.

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Ochason(m): 7:25pm On May 10, 2020
I think BUHARI is better than some people ooh if they are to be made the president.

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by jrusky(m): 7:26pm On May 10, 2020
GreenKalada:

You're a bastard

Pls ignore him many of them here don't know what it takes in life to hussle, work your a s s to build a structure and build a business and somebody just destroyed it within minutes.

Don't blame them majority of them are here on borrowed Data so they can talk silly. Pls ignore him.

3 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:26pm On May 10, 2020
So what happens if a case is recorded at the state Secretariat or Governor's office.
What a useless law that says hotels should be banned. Where do visitors reside? What if one is stranded in Rivers state? Why do people always associate hotels with prostitution?

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by atilla(m): 7:26pm On May 10, 2020
GamalNasser:
what stop you from converting said building into COVID isolation centre or hospital and then fining the owner when he wants to recover it post COVID
This is exactly what I thought he would do.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Chevronstaff: 7:27pm On May 10, 2020
Wike got it wrong on this one....Abuse of power...!!!!

1 Like

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by ntyce(m): 7:28pm On May 10, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
and the hotel operators had the option of obeying the executive order signed by the governor same way every other law abiding citizen have been obeying

The executive order won't have talked about demolition of properties.. it only enforced the lockdown..

He can't be enforcer and judge in the same case.

Even an accused caught red-handed during a crime will still face the court before being sentenced.
Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by omogin(f): 7:28pm On May 10, 2020
Wike is a fool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Why I Demolished Two Hotels In Rivers State (Video) by Beautyaddy: 7:28pm On May 10, 2020
ndcide:

It happens everywhere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8291341/amp/Texas-judge-JAILS-defiant-hair-salon-owner-opened-business-despite-stay-home-orders.html

Not True! It does not happen just anywhere.

What Judge ordered Dictator Wike to demolish those Hotel buildings

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"God Forbid" – Aisha Yesufu Disagrees With Peter Obi Over Governorship Candidate / 3 In 1 Flyover Built In Kano By Governor Ganduje (Photos) / Ajimobi's Burial: No Social Distancing As People Struggle To Get Food (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.