Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,471 members, 7,954,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother (92955 Views)

Man Asks Girlfriend And Daughter To Leave His House After A DNA Test (video) / What Happened Between Me And A Girl Few Minutes Ago (PICTURES) / Man Confused As His Girlfriend And His Friend Fight Over Food. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by RemKen: 10:42pm On May 17, 2020
A broken courtship is a far better option compared to a broken marriage. Irrespective of what you might have spent, plz let this evil passover you, run as much as your feet's can carry you. Few years ago, someone closed to me was told to let her then fiancee go and avoid heart break but he told me he couldn't and got married in November same year. By January following year, this my friend started regretting marrying a lady he said he will die if he didn't marry her. So my brother, you have opportunity to avoid future disaster now, run as much as you can, may God help you to take the right decision

4 Likes

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Casper21: 10:42pm On May 17, 2020
This op is a stupid person with no common sense

3 Likes

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 17, 2020
I see a well packaged time bomb in the name of marriage coming soon.

Biko invite me to chop rice during the wedding but when the bomb goes off, abeg I no dey exist oo. grin

3 Likes

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Oyiboman69: 10:42pm On May 17, 2020
funkmrflexx:
We Have Been Dating For 1 Year and 6 months now. I’ve met her parents, we wanted to get married last year but her dad told me to wait till she finishes school which is supposed to be next year. I’m 25 years old and she’s 22 .

I live alone in the city while my mom lives in the village. My younger sister who I’m sponsoring through school sometimes comes to my place during holidays and weekends. My girlfriend practically lives with me because she comes from a type of an Abusive family. So she lives with me and I even assist her with school fees and house rents sometimes. I’ve spent even more than her father for her school.

Everyone In my family knows her and she’s a very wonderful girl. Typical wife material. She supports me every time even when I’m broke. I’m not the type of guy that dates a lot of girls . I don’t even cheat on her. Since I met her I’ve done away with a lot of ladies. I’m 100% committed to the relationship

But the problem is that she Has very bad anger issues. I mean she can destroy your property when she’s angry and I’m the quiet type. I don’t like hitting a lady execpt once in a while a general brain resetting slap. When she starts she doesn’t listen to anyone. Not me, not even her parents. So anytime she’s angry like this I will just find a way to make her laugh. Both of you can just be eating and she will get angry if you ate the fleshy part of the meat and left oily part for her (we have quarreled because of that I mean serious quarrel) . Sometimes I get tired of the whole situation. At the end even when she’s wrong I’ll let her for peace to reign. So I try to manage the anger at home so it shouldn’t go out

So we went to visit my mom in the yesterday. Because of curfew we slept over. So my mom bought us mangos this morning and told us to carry.

My girlfriend then said she doesn’t like mango that if I want to eat my mango I should carry it myself. Then my mom (she is the type that always shouts at every body. The real wahala woman) told her that if she can’t carry the mango then she should just put it on my head for me to carry na (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na).

That was the only thing my mom said. Then she sparked. Started shouting at my mom. That she should stop talking to her like that, that she doesn’t like it. In fact she’s going home. So she carried her bag and started going home. Every one in the compound started saying it’s ok (Na dat thing why dem tell u Dey make u Dey vex so) she was still shouting. I was even try to calm her down but no way. She was still shouting. Even my sister who had never seen her angry before became angry (na so you b? She said). I was really disappointed In her

The issue is what even made me angry is how she reacted. If she didn’t like what my mom said made her angry. At least she should have waited till we got home (this was the first time we were both sleeping over) then she would tell me. Or she could have called my sister and told her what my mom said. After all the fracas, she went inside the room till we left. I just told everybody to just leave her.

So when we got home I told her what she did was wrong that she shouldn’t have reacted like that. Na there war start. She started yelling and shouting at me that if my mom talks to everyone like that she won’t take it (my plan was to tell her that she should apologize to her. Because my mom already apologized that she won’t talk to her again like that. Which I know she will o . So we can just forget about the issue. But she never accepts she’s wrong ) She said I took her to my village to intimidate her in front of my family people, I was really angry and called her uncle and told him what happened. He said there was nothing wrong with what my mom told her (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na) and that he would talk to her .

I even scolded my mom before I left that I didn’t like what she said what she did that’s she was just causing issue. My girlfriend said when my mom said the word (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na) that I should have immediately rebuked my mom. But me sef no see anything wrong with what my mom said( If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na)

I just Dey follow her uncle advise and leave her be until she calms down and I talk to her

So my people what’s offensive in this word? If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na)

But this her attitude don tire me. Break up is not on the card for me at least not yet. She always thinks that they are other guys out there because she has a lot of toasters but I know they can’t do quarter of what I’m doing for her. In this modern time it’s difficult to see a guy who will allow his girlfriend stay with him thereby losing his freedom to do certain things. A guy who doesn’t cheat, a guy who takes care of her does everything for her .

I just think the things she went through in her family is affecting her physiological. And sometimes when I think about leaving her I feel pity because she can’t go back to her parents house.
One thing I'm sure of...you will not marry this girl,your mother will make sure of that and that is a promise

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by athorello(m): 10:42pm On May 17, 2020
If she yells at me, it's over talk more of my mom.
She destroys her own property out of anger, it's over talk more of destroying mine.

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Emaprince: 10:43pm On May 17, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Stop putting your mother on a pedestal. Thank you.
If I don't put her on a pedestal, who will I put there?

May your sons never put you on a pedestal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by sisisioge: 10:43pm On May 17, 2020
Chai! This one too is about to buy market! And I'm sure she's not a Yoruba girl! Nonsense and ingredient!
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by zagorakis(m): 10:43pm On May 17, 2020
I dont even see that girl marrying you, just wait till you pay the last school fees She finish school, then she will tell you whatsup. Guys will never learn.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Timmzycul11: 10:43pm On May 17, 2020
This Guy needs Drew Mcintyre's claymore kick to reset his brain to factory setting....!

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 17, 2020
I would dissociate myself from that angry bird if I were you dear OP. But I know you won’t, because you opened this thread lipsrsealed.

You really really need to be the kind of man a woman would want to submit to. From your story you are not. If I could I would stone that girl with most of your mangoes! angry. And of course some at you for being like you are! Your sister and relatives should have swept you and your girl like, immediately “your girl” started her horror show.

In a relationship you are a partner and not a shrink/ mind doctor. You need to remember that you cannot fix someone else. And also that you need to fix yourself, long before getting married.
Good luck
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by ozueozue(m): 10:43pm On May 17, 2020
U scolded your own mother for a girlfriend u know has anger issues

U must be a biacth, Bleep outta here.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by OsuIgboIpob: 10:43pm On May 17, 2020
funkmrflexx:
We Have Been Dating For 1 Year and 6 months now. I’ve met her parents, we wanted to get married last year but her dad told me to wait till she finishes school which is supposed to be next year. I’m 25 years old and she’s 22 .

I live alone in the city while my mom lives in the village. My younger sister who I’m sponsoring through school sometimes comes to my place during holidays and weekends. My girlfriend practically lives with me because she comes from a type of an Abusive family. So she lives with me and I even assist her with school fees and house rents sometimes. I’ve spent even more than her father for her school.

Everyone In my family knows her and she’s a very wonderful girl. Typical wife material. She supports me every time even when I’m broke. I’m not the type of guy that dates a lot of girls . I don’t even cheat on her. Since I met her I’ve done away with a lot of ladies. I’m 100% committed to the relationship

But the problem is that she Has very bad anger issues. I mean she can destroy your property when she’s angry and I’m the quiet type. I don’t like hitting a lady execpt once in a while a general brain resetting slap. When she starts she doesn’t listen to anyone. Not me, not even her parents. So anytime she’s angry like this I will just find a way to make her laugh. Both of you can just be eating and she will get angry if you ate the fleshy part of the meat and left oily part for her (we have quarreled because of that I mean serious quarrel) . Sometimes I get tired of the whole situation. At the end even when she’s wrong I’ll let her for peace to reign. So I try to manage the anger at home so it shouldn’t go out

So we went to visit my mom in the yesterday. Because of curfew we slept over. So my mom bought us mangos this morning and told us to carry.

My girlfriend then said she doesn’t like mango that if I want to eat my mango I should carry it myself. Then my mom (she is the type that always shouts at every body. The real wahala woman) told her that if she can’t carry the mango then she should just put it on my head for me to carry na (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na).

That was the only thing my mom said. Then she sparked. Started shouting at my mom. That she should stop talking to her like that, that she doesn’t like it. In fact she’s going home. So she carried her bag and started going home. Every one in the compound started saying it’s ok (Na dat thing why dem tell u Dey make u Dey vex so) she was still shouting. I was even try to calm her down but no way. She was still shouting. Even my sister who had never seen her angry before became angry (na so you b? She said). I was really disappointed In her

The issue is what even made me angry is how she reacted. If she didn’t like what my mom said made her angry. At least she should have waited till we got home (this was the first time we were both sleeping over) then she would tell me. Or she could have called my sister and told her what my mom said. After all the fracas, she went inside the room till we left. I just told everybody to just leave her.

So when we got home I told her what she did was wrong that she shouldn’t have reacted like that. Na there war start. She started yelling and shouting at me that if my mom talks to everyone like that she won’t take it (my plan was to tell her that she should apologize to her. Because my mom already apologized that she won’t talk to her again like that. Which I know she will o . So we can just forget about the issue. But she never accepts she’s wrong ) She said I took her to my village to intimidate her in front of my family people, I was really angry and called her uncle and told him what happened. He said there was nothing wrong with what my mom told her (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na) and that he would talk to her .

I even scolded my mom before I left that I didn’t like what she said what she did that’s she was just causing issue. My girlfriend said when my mom said the word (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na) that I should have immediately rebuked my mom. But me sef no see anything wrong with what my mom said( If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na)

I just Dey follow her uncle advise and leave her be until she calms down and I talk to her

So my people what’s offensive in this word? If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na)

But this her attitude don tire me. Break up is not on the card for me at least not yet. She always thinks that they are other guys out there because she has a lot of toasters but I know they can’t do quarter of what I’m doing for her. In this modern time it’s difficult to see a guy who will allow his girlfriend stay with him thereby losing his freedom to do certain things. A guy who doesn’t cheat, a guy who takes care of her does everything for her .

I just think the things she went through in her family is affecting her physiological. And sometimes when I think about leaving her I feel pity because she can’t go back to her parents house.
When menstrual fluids don infect person brain... Na like this dem dey reason...
I no blame you.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by drmikeadams(m): 10:43pm On May 17, 2020
PEREZPERECTUS:
Who finally carried the mango home ,u or her. E get why I dey ask
grin grin grin

From d above. Narrative,,na the op or him mama carry am Las las
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by frank41(m): 10:43pm On May 17, 2020
Odion2016:
You make it sound like not cheating on her is a trophy for you..Nop ,you are not supposed to cheat on her..
In between,, your gf is very rude. Even though I could not finish the epistle..
No lady can try such with my mum and still follow me down the aisle until she apologizes, my mum accepts and lets me carry on with the relationship,,if not, it is over.

Bro. Even if she apologizes. I won't walk down with her!First impression matters.....Her impression at the first instance wasn't encouraging.

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by OsuIgboIpob: 10:44pm On May 17, 2020
funkmrflexx:

IT WILL DEFINITELY END TEARS.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Aliii(m): 10:45pm On May 17, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Ehya,
That statement is very painful. It can make someone even commit suicide.

Now that you can't break up with the girl, kuku break up with your mama
ahahaahahahah mad ooo

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 17, 2020
sisisioge:
Chai! This one too is about to buy market! And I'm sure she's not a Yoruba girl! Nonsense and ingredient!
Even the mother and sister are about to buy market too. If they cannot advise him duly.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by angelfallz(m): 10:45pm On May 17, 2020
funkmrflexx:

1. Why would you want to marry a woman from an abusive family?
2. Why would want to marry a woman with anger issues?
3. Never marry out of pity.
God has been trying to show you that, that girl is not for you, but instead you're allowing the devil to use your future to do suya.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Casper21: 10:45pm On May 17, 2020
If this story was a made up one, then op deserve two hot slaps but if its a real one, he deserves more than a billion hot slaps. I wish i was there to slap the hell out of u. Nonsense boy
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Amebaba01(m): 10:45pm On May 17, 2020
Am sorry for you man,the way you explain it sound as if your girl nah IGbo,if that is not a problem that is their culture.
For your mom try to ask her if she as done the same to her mother-inlaw because I suspect law of karma.

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by alaira(m): 10:45pm On May 17, 2020
funkmrflexx:

YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO YOUR FAMILY..... A WIFE TO BE.... SHOWING ANNOYANCE IN YOUR MOTHER'S PRESENCE AND YOU ARE TELLING YOUR MOTHER TO EVEN APOLOGIZE? GET AWAY FOOOOL!!!
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by sisisioge: 10:45pm On May 17, 2020
AllforJesus7:

Even the mother and sister are about to buy market too. If they cannot advise him duly.

It is well fa...what an uncultured girl! Chai!
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by thinkmoney(m): 10:46pm On May 17, 2020
funkmrflexx:

you your girlfriend, una no well.
from your idea that you can give a girl-your partner 'resetting slap' I had seen you are one of the many idiots.
If you add your miserable self to your girlfriends ridiculous temperament, one can scientifically deduce that you both will have a hellish marriage if una mumuly marry
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by MrSly(m): 10:46pm On May 17, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Ehya,
That statement is very painful. It can make someone even commit suicide.

Now that you can't break up with the girl, kuku break up with your mama
I think this is all he needs. You have said it all. Woman wrapper everywhere. His type will allow his wife to beat his mother.

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by AskProf: 10:46pm On May 17, 2020
gproy:
Dude
The girl is in her primes, the anger issue is just a means to create rifts so she can talk to her many toasters and have the freedom she is craving
I've been in a similar situation years back
I was even engaged to the said lady
Please heed my advice
You're still young
You're not even in your primes yet
Focus on getting your sister through school and helping your family.. it's a sure investment
It will be hard but when you let her go you'll do better in life

Here comes "A TWIST IN THE TALE".
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Chukspaul78: 10:46pm On May 17, 2020
U see the problem u guys do put urself, knowing fully well the kind of family she came from yet u still pushing to get married to her. We will be here to pray u when request comes quote author=funkmrflexx post=89653044]We Have Been Dating For 1 Year and 6 months now. I’ve met her parents, we wanted to get married last year but her dad told me to wait till she finishes school which is supposed to be next year. I’m 25 years old and she’s 22 .

I just think the things she went through in her family is affecting her physiological. And sometimes when I think about leaving her I feel pity because she can’t go back to her parents house.[/quote]
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Angelacruz: 10:46pm On May 17, 2020
D guy is not normal from d look of things
EricBloodAxe:
Your girlfriend screams at your mum and you don't shut her up immediately with a hot slap and apologize to your mum? What is wrong with some guys? Are you sure you're normal? Something must be seriously wrong with you.

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Sheyilola(f): 10:46pm On May 17, 2020
You are foolish for scolding your mom.
See let me tell you I’m a student
I think you are her maga.
And also, you are still young for marriage.
You never mature at all
Abi you don chop love portion j**z?

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by afroniger: 10:46pm On May 17, 2020
Op you are a mumu man. That lady you are befriending no be am. A word is enough for the wise..
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by okewumi: 10:46pm On May 17, 2020
hmm

l can see reasons why some men can not live long. Just continue, your eyes will clear.

to rebuke your mum abi, continue.

This issue of allowing girlfriend to stay with you, l don't understand. if the lady die, her parent will not take it easy with you.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by adexpa(m): 10:47pm On May 17, 2020
God will not come down from heaven to tell you what is at stake guy, he is practically showing you the real deal. Maybe God purposefully allowed what happened between her and your mother cus she has been doing it to you privately and you never reacted. There are many things you don't act calm about cus it is likely to ruin you forever. Your mum did not react on the matter probably because you are taking care of your sister and also sending her money too, but I expected her to call you later n talk to you. You don't pity to marry cus the person will not pity you later on, she will never admit you pitied her. The good women are giving men headache talk of toxic one. Use your brain not to fall prey. Sex that covers up your Brain now will flee when the time comes.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by seankay(m): 10:47pm On May 17, 2020
I had to login into my Nairaland to drop this comment.

OP, you’re damn too soft! Nobody and I mean no damn body should disrespect your mum in your presence except she was never in your life. Anger issue is nothing to joke with and you should run for your life. You haven’t even see anything yet, just put the ring on it and you will even try to run from this world after frustration strangle you. From the look of things, you can’t control you girl and that’s not a good sign. You sound like a good guy and you deserve better. There are better girls out there.

I’m fairness to your woman, her toxic upbringing might be responsible for her actions but tbh, you don’t wanna be in that kinda marriage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (40) (Reply)

Man Throws Lady Out Of Hotel Room At Night For Refusing Sex After Eating Money / Canadian Lady Excited As She Arrives Nigeria To Meet Her Nigerian Lover / 10 Characteristics That Make You Attractive To A Woman- You Need Just One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.