Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives (51052 Views)

This Is Why Women Tie Their Husbands With Juju - Chinenye Azubuike / Sallah: How Arewa Women Pampered Their Husbands With Money And Love / Unemployed Man Wins $273m Lotto Months After Divorce In US, Ex-Wife Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Millenniumlady(f): 2:09pm On May 22, 2020
Me feed a man? not in this life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 22, 2020
What is all these?
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by flokii: 2:09pm On May 22, 2020
Nawa o.. all because the woman is the breadwinner.

What of guys that work and do everything for their women and still treat them with respect.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by jaxxy(m): 2:10pm On May 22, 2020
Very pathetic. Op I’m ashamed on ur behalf angry

U shud have said how to become ur wife’s house boy. Well it’s for people married to funny and unpredictable women.

Dumb ass post undecided

3 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by ibkayee(f): 2:11pm On May 22, 2020
eni4real:
Where is your unconditional love?? undecided
I'm joking tongue grin
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by BlissB(f): 2:11pm On May 22, 2020
No 21 is so funny cheesy cheesy
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Zico5(m): 2:14pm On May 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Exc2000: 2:14pm On May 22, 2020
Nairaland just dey sweet me this days, so much wisdom, Oga Seun Mr Lalasticlala , uncle Mynd44 , Madam Dominique una well done for all this nkan be stories

Essenza01:
Jobless husband diaries!!

Here are some guidelines for unemployed husbands with working wives.
, when you read through with an open mind, you would see it's not she looking down on you, it's just you being smart to be able to have your sanity and getting some advantages while praying for a change.. Hang in there guys, you are not alone, tables turn... you would be fine.

1 - Never discuss your predicament beyond the normal and never show weakness in front of your wife.. "she dont want to see hopelessness".. grin

2 - buy a lot of noodles, you would be needing it a lot, especially during your strong head periods, you dont win most fights, most fights end with "Oya buy it naa" that's usually when you add the convo to your lost battles .. grin

3 - your meals majorly come in two options if any
Rice or noodles?
Beans or noodles?
Eba or noodles?

Semo or pounds is too stressful, dont opt to make shocked... stress was only the surface reason given to you.. cool

4 - sex is usually delayed, when ever you see one just accept and be ready for maybe max two position change, some styles may be banned.. grin

5 - dont come home drunk, I repeat.. dont come home drunk..you remember the pictures of samloco playing "jobless old drunk" in movie scenes... you look exactly like them to her.. grin

6 - some eatable and chewy chewy groceries stops being in the fridge because you are home most-times and eats to chase boredom.. there is always a secret stash in her room for groundnuts, sharp biscuits, cashew nuts, sweets, etc.. she knows you know, take reasonably grin

7 - you are at your lowest, dont bring friends doing well too close home, otherwise you might get depressed from comparison grin

8 - in your many many ideas, you know broke guys reason business ideas like Warren buffet grin , always sieve out the good ones, because telling her some kind stupid stupid ideas would make you look jobless and stupid also. grin

9 - the best way to dodge Bill's is to watch your words, avoid some topics, you need to be one step or two ahead everytime.. e.g TV shows, movies, food, clubs etc...
- TV shows - dstv bill comes up
- Movies - cinema bill comes up
- Food - restaurant and taking out comes up.. grin

10 - Do house chores, pick mopping... it's easier, you only start when she is done sweeping and dusting, she goes to bath, you zig-zag and get back to watching (how do they do it) grin... use water, avoid bubbles on tiles.. you would redo that work even if its next week.. grin

11 - dont leave the sink messy, especially on work days when you are home job hunting and she is out hustling, bro it's an important rule from a man to a man..

12 - with your many insecurities and the devil trying to use you to bring out your alpha Male, pick your fights... yes they would come, but there is an extent to which a broke man fights and argues.. embarassed

13 - you would owe her cash a lot, she knows deep down that money is not coming back, but be ready to be dragged about it to pay for essentials you cant do without.. she would pay eventually when you have curled away asking God why.. allow her have it, it's one of her high moments. cry

14 - in your midnight cries, yes "midnight cries" is most times once a week or twice sha, depending on the days activities... dont disturb her sleep... embarassed

15 - be transparent, remove password from your phone, laptops etc... if she is being faithful, infidelity is not something you want attached to "cheating jobless old man"... you cant be broke and cheating, they dont work together..

16 - read, read, read... you have to pass her in something, current affairs, global happenings, worlds economy etc... it is an edge when you throw small small insults inside conversations "so you dont know kyari is dead" those are one of your few high moments.. wink

17 - early morning gisting with her while she baths and makes up, makes her happy.. you can lend some money during those hours.. those are your bankable hours, if you want some extra cash, offer to drop her at work, that's if it's not your duty already oo.. kiss

18 - at all, at all, try to provide for fuel for generator, darkness and a man being in the house dont usually go together.. you might start having complex..

19 - always use your car weekends, thats if you have not sold hers and she is using yours. When you use your car weekends for functions not personal waka, she chips or outrightly buys fuel that you can manage during the week for your job hunting activities.. grin

20 - look good, work out and have your CV handy. you need to look the role she currently tells people you are doing.." Frank is okay, he is inbetween jobs, but trying out some ideas with friends".. if the friends ask for your CV, always have it handy, delay is dangerous...

21 - dont be gluttonous, eat moderately like a normal human being, if you finish your meals for the week by wednesday, be ready to fall back to your noodles (refer to rule 2) grin and yes you would come up with different flavours of home made seasonings only you can eat.. grin

22 - try to curtail your mood swings, she is the only one entitled to it, you need to be happy with smiles when she is making conversations..

23 - make business calls or pretend to make business call.. it's important, it gives her hope you are connecting.. "my brother me and you know say na 10k you dey shout like that for" grin

24 - go grocery shopping with her, you get to use the opportunity to throw drinks into the cart and remove face immediately, if your eyes jam.. you would return that drink ooo.. grin

25 - if she sends you a link from work, read, watch or chat her to discuss with her, otherwise "what are you doing, that you didn't reply my message follows" grin grin, what you were doing must have financial gains ooo grin never use "I was sleeping" as excuse... dont even try it..

26 - dont call her family, send text message if you can.. dont let them remember you ooo.. lipsrsealed

27 - during your few chances of sex, dont shoot in, "I repeat", dont shoot in... you may find yourself outside by 1am looking for postinol 2
. grin grin the stress in looking for the drug would surpass whatever you managed to enjoy. undecided

28 - be ready for "mistakes" of giving you cash in front of people undecided, it's not everytime she remembers to call you to the corner or give you her card.. it's one of those moments you want the ground to swallow you up.. but my brother "dem no dey use shame swallow spit".. it wont last forever.

Let's me rest here first and continue later... but in all, I love my wife... she is that woman that has your back 100%..

The table has turned for me and am back to my responsibilities, it was a tough period, I learnt a lot, from Anger management to laws of power, it's not a fun place to reside in for a long time....

Most especially:
Marry your friend,
marry your partner in crime,
Marry your day1 niga,
your Gee... when you do, no matter the circumstance, you have some level of peace, some room to pickup and some encouragement to guide you through.

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Munzy14(m): 2:16pm On May 22, 2020
Klinee:
The worst condition a man can fall in is when you're being fed by a woman
Its suicidal

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by BlissB(f): 2:16pm On May 22, 2020
Klinee:
The worst condition a man can fall in is when you're being fed by a woman
and that woman should be your friend....more reason you shouldn't marry because she is very pretty you con forget the friendship part...... Perilous times will definitely come and that love and friendship will guide the both of you in those times.

7 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 22, 2020
This post is only going to make it harder for women to be married.

But why is it that when women 'head' the home things get this messy?

6 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 22, 2020
ibkayee:

I'm joking tongue grin
Lolz grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Ladycewhy(f): 2:16pm On May 22, 2020
In conclusion, penis nor dey pay bills ,if you ain't got the means to pay the bills ,drop your ego, nobody is dragging your manship with you and being broke is the least time you should be reminding your wife how much of a man you are.

I hate it when men start saying "na because I nor get money again make you dey talk to me anyhow". That is where these men start having issues and run to nairaland to be creating threads,na you nor get shit for yansh na you still dey raise shoulder,mteeeeeeeew.

A broke egotistic man is worse than a rattle snake. Most men don't want to embrace their house husband roles,that's where issues start.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Ugwueme1(m): 2:17pm On May 22, 2020
Noted
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by doctor306(m): 2:17pm On May 22, 2020
naija4life247:

It is better to die of hunger and to be fed by a woman.

Hunger has grades

If level 3 hold you your neighbor foul go resemble barbecue

once you go broke body go tell you You dont need any lectures

19 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Zeinymira(f): 2:17pm On May 22, 2020
An underrated thread.
Op, you really tried with those points. Those guidelines will help to keep an healthy home. You know men and their ego, when they are not in charge they become easily frustrated and they see their wives as a competitor instead of a partner.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 22, 2020
BlissB:
and that woman should be your friend....more reason you shouldn't marry because she is very pretty you con forget the friendship part...... Perilous times will definitely come and that love and friendship will guide the both of you in those times.
What is your philosophy about being a wife??
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by oluwasegun007(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2020
NLPsychologist:
This post is only going to make it harder for women to be married.

But why is it that when women 'head' the home things get this messy?

Because they were not programmed or prepared for that role growing up.

Pray you call the shots as the man

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by sisisioge: 2:18pm On May 22, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Money is very important in relationships! When they pray for you to never lack the requirements of being a husband you should say serious amen!

7 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by FlordFlorez(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2020
Insightful.
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by boyjo: 2:19pm On May 22, 2020
crackland:

Cosigned... cool

In addition to all this, please make yourself as scarce as possible in the house and around her.
If possible, just tell her that you're travelling and spend a week or two away...then return back and continue being very scarce around her.

This fit cause more quarel o.
Na "insensitive" she fit label you that time.

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by vickydankal(f): 2:21pm On May 22, 2020
You described my husband’s few years ago. Men become angry unnecessarily when they are not doing what they are supposed to do especially when the wife is the one doing the needful. Every little thing will be channeled to “is it because I don’t have money “ cool those times was trying for us. Patient, hardwork, prayer and God got us through.

21 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by sonnie10: 2:21pm On May 22, 2020
He that has ears let him hear.
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by MuchAdo: 2:21pm On May 22, 2020
Wow... kiss
Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by dominique(f): 2:21pm On May 22, 2020
Finally an epistle of rules and regulations for men in marriage grin

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by datjohn(m): 2:21pm On May 22, 2020
Who else is waiting for ybaby to enter the thread? grin

Some mentions of the word 'infidels' is lacking in this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Exc2000: 2:22pm On May 22, 2020
Millenniumlady:
Me feed a man? not in this life

so what would you do if your husband becomes jobless and you aint attractive anymore cos you are abit worn out due to stress of chid birth

7 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Omoluabi16(m): 2:23pm On May 22, 2020
As funny as this may look, none of these points are out of place. Being a house husband is a low point.. and these rules will enable him keep his head up while waiting on a change in fortune. Good one O.p

18 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Doyenro23(m): 2:23pm On May 22, 2020
I've been using the REACH app to master my finances. I think you'll also find it really helpful. Use my referral code - UYFTN9 - to sign up. See you in the app! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.findreach.android&hl=en_US

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by IFNOTGOD(m): 2:23pm On May 22, 2020
mrblessed:
Why not just tell an unemployed man to commit suicide instead of making an unrealistic list about things he should memorise and practice. But no one ever remembers to make such ridiculous list for stay-at-home moms. The best thing an unemployed husband should is to find a means to be employed, he should be able to any job that brings money to his pocket, including what we called menial job. That way, his dignity and self-esteem are protected, and he can get to have his say in the family, even if his wife earns more than he does.

forget dis u saying.

do u think suicide is easy?

my guy when u reason say u don suffer for earth n u reach heaven u go still suffer na double tragedy o, Ur sense go tell u say na bad idea to commit suicide.

what d OP said is mainly true, I can relate, u just have to pray to have very good friends n family dat will pick u up when u fall, if not u have to practice all those points OP listed above.

forget Ur suicide o

10 Likes

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by segun18(m): 2:24pm On May 22, 2020
Essenza01:
Jobless husband diaries!!

Here are some guidelines for unemployed husbands with working wives.
, when you read through with an open mind, you would see it's not she looking down on you, it's just you being smart to be able to have your sanity and getting some advantages while praying for a change.. Hang in there guys, you are not alone, tables turn... you would be fine.

1 - Never discuss your predicament beyond the normal and never show weakness in front of your wife.. "she dont want to see hopelessness".. grin

2 - buy a lot of noodles, you would be needing it a lot, especially during your strong head periods, you dont win most fights, most fights end with "Oya buy it naa" that's usually when you add the convo to your lost battles .. grin

3 - your meals majorly come in two options if any
Rice or noodles?
Beans or noodles?
Eba or noodles?

Semo or pounds is too stressful, dont opt to make shocked... stress was only the surface reason given to you.. cool

4 - sex is usually delayed, when ever you see one just accept and be ready for maybe max two position change, some styles may be banned.. grin

5 - dont come home drunk, I repeat.. dont come home drunk..you remember the pictures of samloco playing "jobless old drunk" in movie scenes... you look exactly like them to her.. grin

6 - some eatable and chewy chewy groceries stops being in the fridge because you are home most-times and eats to chase boredom.. there is always a secret stash in her room for groundnuts, sharp biscuits, cashew nuts, sweets, etc.. she knows you know, take reasonably grin

7 - you are at your lowest, dont bring friends doing well too close home, otherwise you might get depressed from comparison grin

8 - in your many many ideas, you know broke guys reason business ideas like Warren buffet grin , always sieve out the good ones, because telling her some kind stupid stupid ideas would make you look jobless and stupid also. grin

9 - the best way to dodge Bill's is to watch your words, avoid some topics, you need to be one step or two ahead everytime.. e.g TV shows, movies, food, clubs etc...
- TV shows - dstv bill comes up
- Movies - cinema bill comes up
- Food - restaurant and taking out comes up.. grin

10 - Do house chores, pick mopping... it's easier, you only start when she is done sweeping and dusting, she goes to bath, you zig-zag and get back to watching (how do they do it) grin... use water, avoid bubbles on tiles.. you would redo that work even if its next week.. grin

11 - dont leave the sink messy, especially on work days when you are home job hunting and she is out hustling, bro it's an important rule from a man to a man..

12 - with your many insecurities and the devil trying to use you to bring out your alpha Male, pick your fights... yes they would come, but there is an extent to which a broke man fights and argues.. embarassed

13 - you would owe her cash a lot, she knows deep down that money is not coming back, but be ready to be dragged about it to pay for essentials you cant do without.. she would pay eventually when you have curled away asking God why.. allow her have it, it's one of her high moments. cry

14 - in your midnight cries, yes "midnight cries" is most times once a week or twice sha, depending on the days activities... dont disturb her sleep... embarassed

15 - be transparent, remove password from your phone, laptops etc... if she is being faithful, infidelity is not something you want attached to "cheating jobless old man"... you cant be broke and cheating, they dont work together..

16 - read, read, read... you have to pass her in something, current affairs, global happenings, worlds economy etc... it is an edge when you throw small small insults inside conversations "so you dont know kyari is dead" those are one of your few high moments.. wink

17 - early morning gisting with her while she baths and makes up, makes her happy.. you can lend some money during those hours.. those are your bankable hours, if you want some extra cash, offer to drop her at work, that's if it's not your duty already oo.. kiss

18 - at all, at all, try to provide for fuel for generator, darkness and a man being in the house dont usually go together.. you might start having complex..

19 - always use your car weekends, thats if you have not sold hers and she is using yours. When you use your car weekends for functions not personal waka, she chips or outrightly buys fuel that you can manage during the week for your job hunting activities.. grin

20 - look good, work out and have your CV handy. you need to look the role she currently tells people you are doing.." Frank is okay, he is inbetween jobs, but trying out some ideas with friends".. if the friends ask for your CV, always have it handy, delay is dangerous...

21 - dont be gluttonous, eat moderately like a normal human being, if you finish your meals for the week by wednesday, be ready to fall back to your noodles (refer to rule 2) grin and yes you would come up with different flavours of home made seasonings only you can eat.. grin

22 - try to curtail your mood swings, she is the only one entitled to it, you need to be happy with smiles when she is making conversations..

23 - make business calls or pretend to make business call.. it's important, it gives her hope you are connecting.. "my brother me and you know say na 10k you dey shout like that for" grin

24 - go grocery shopping with her, you get to use the opportunity to throw drinks into the cart and remove face immediately, if your eyes jam.. you would return that drink ooo.. grin

25 - if she sends you a link from work, read, watch or chat her to discuss with her, otherwise "what are you doing, that you didn't reply my message follows" grin grin, what you were doing must have financial gains ooo grin never use "I was sleeping" as excuse... dont even try it..

26 - dont call her family, send text message if you can.. dont let them remember you ooo.. lipsrsealed

27 - during your few chances of sex, dont shoot in, "I repeat", dont shoot in... you may find yourself outside by 1am looking for postinol 2
. grin grin the stress in looking for the drug would surpass whatever you managed to enjoy. undecided

28 - be ready for "mistakes" of giving you cash in front of people undecided, it's not everytime she remembers to call you to the corner or give you her card.. it's one of those moments you want the ground to swallow you up.. but my brother "dem no dey use shame swallow spit".. it wont last forever.

Let's me rest here first and continue later... but in all, I love my wife... she is that woman that has your back 100%..

The table has turned for me and am back to my responsibilities, it was a tough period, I learnt a lot, from Anger management to laws of power, it's not a fun place to reside in for a long time....

Most especially:
Marry your friend,
marry your partner in crime,
Marry your day1 niga,
your Gee... when you do, no matter the circumstance, you have some level of peace, some room to pickup and some encouragement to guide you through.

Omo 3 Gbosa for you.Very humourous but vital.

1 Like

Re: Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 22, 2020
Funny but interesting.

Another tip: NEVER be idle and help out with chores. I lost my job and for 3 months I was searching. I never let myself get idle though. I insisted on driving my wife to her office everyday, then spent the rest of the day trying to make contacts to get a job and taking care of house errands before picking her up after work.
My wife respected me for this, and even though those days weren't easy it was a little bearable and I got through.

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis / 37-Year-Old Ugandan Woman Gives Birth To 38 Children Since Age 13 (Photos) / Man Catches His Wife Cheating With Another Man In Their Bedroom - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.