Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,743 members, 7,955,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? (52019 Views)

Should I Allow My Womanizing Friend Date My Sister / My Ex Girlfriends Friend Is Stranded And Wants To Stay With Me For A While / Native Doctor Takes His Girlfriend To Swimming Pool, Says He Double Dates (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Mdmelijah: 12:59pm On May 28, 2020
No
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by apexx3973: 1:00pm On May 28, 2020
[color=#] 2804170[/color]
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by apexx3973: 1:00pm On May 28, 2020
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by LordShiva97(m): 1:00pm On May 28, 2020
Toluwashe778:
Candid advice

Pls pray well about it especially if u are a Christian because there is more to living together than pregnancy (anyway the probability of that happening is high). What if she fall sick?
What if anything happens her.

Dude wants his girlfriend to co-habit with him under the same roof, in the same room and likely on the same bed and you're telling him to pray about it. He wants to be committing perpetual fornication and you're telling him to pray well about it!
What exactly is there to pray for? undecided

I'm no Christian, but your advice sounds very funny to me.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by rosy02(f): 1:00pm On May 28, 2020
Cohabitation is being for married couples not boyfriend and girlfriend.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Tremple8v: 1:00pm On May 28, 2020
Don't make such mistake. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Amalekki: 1:01pm On May 28, 2020
No!
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by olumide4christ: 1:10pm On May 28, 2020
Toluwashe778:

bros, to the ops, he is trying to render assistance (i hope u get that)
the reasons why i suggested he should pray is that if his faith did not condemn it and if he is sure there will not be problem afterward then it is fine. or did ur bible not tell u about helping others?

He has a good intention towards her but the risk is also high

Go and read the same Bible...it says flee all appearances of evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22...it also says flee fornication 1 Corinthians 6:18. To top it up, read Proverbs 6:26-29.

No normal man can camp a woman who is not his wife or sister for a period of time without having sexual relations with her. God through The Bible asks us to desist from such situations so as to avoid sin and "had I knowns".

When I was on Youth service, a fellow corper in my lodge was visited by his girlfriend from outside the state. That same night she came, we heard them having sex at around 12 midnight through the lady's moans. I couldn't believe what my ears were hearing at first. It was the first time that I actually heard people having sex in real time.

My advice to the OP is to desist from this intention of his.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by 1deca: 1:10pm On May 28, 2020
All will be well..

There's no other way to God than to call upon Him your self through Jusus Christ. Pls don't make any mistake.

No one is perfect but please accept Jesus Christ as your personally Lord and Savior now because tomorrow maybe too late.

Tell him to have mercy upon you and save your soul and He should please write your name in the book of life, Amen

GOD LOVES US
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by afecgivers: 1:12pm On May 28, 2020
I beg wetin you dey smoke! You are the one working her NYSC to Lagos at the same time you are the same person complaining where she will stay. This same girl has helped you before, that means she can always survive by herself. Guy! With your current mindset, you might loose that girl very fast than you can imagine. Let her go where she wished to serve. At 29 you are not ready to settle down anytime soon... I pity you. If she truly loves you, she can marry you in one room. Not everybody will be a millionaire before marriage. Don't be deceived by social media lifestyles. Be realistic to yourself.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 28, 2020
Bola146:
Explain to her, she should understand living together with a man that has not married you is very bad and risky.

I honestly was thinking like you, commending the poster for his conciseness and honesty. So was also gonna advise him to ask her over and spell out his terms. But the arguments above to the contrary are superior and more logical so I have to tell the poster to take @Kobikove and the others’ advice instead. Frankly they make more sense.
The poster knows he is not ready to get married now. He wants to get a better life for himself. He acknowledged the girl’s kindness and is thinking about her well being and success. He is also thinking about his sister. He is concerned about others. I like him a lot.

Dear poster, it is okay to face your own life and make it as successful as you wish. You can’t help others much if you haven’t helped yourself.
(For emphasis, I agree with the people who said you should face your hustle. Having the girl around now may just complicate issues. Let her serve anywhere else, or in Lagos (where they send her to and not your house). Soon you will be in a good place, money, career and living space -wise, and thus be in a better position to harbour/help another person.
Good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Ladycewhy(f): 1:12pm On May 28, 2020
Toluwashe778:
Candid advice

Pls pray well about it especially if u are a Christian because there is more to living together than pregnancy (anyway the probability of that happening is high). What if she fall sick?
why will a Christian even be considering cohabitation in the first place undecided

6 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by pocohantas(f): 1:12pm On May 28, 2020
Did you ask if she even wants to stay with you?

Mtcheeeew grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Righteousness89(m): 1:12pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:
Hello guys, so I'm skeptical about this decision I'm about to take, my girlfriend will be joining the next batch of NYSC and I have been thinking of telling her to work it to Lagos.

Truth is, she learned fashion design sometime and she likes modelling for clothing brands and she teaches too, I believe with all of this she stands a chance of getting something tangible in Lagos than going to serve in one village.

My fear is this, (I recently got an accommodation, a single room self contain on the island, haven't even told her yet)
So I need time to plan my future, I'm not fit financially to start fending for someone, if I am then my younger sister should be the one to come over ( though her service year is next year)

But if my gf is to come here, the agreement will be clear and concise, you fend for yourself while I fend for myself, don't worry, the relationship is that defined and she understands.

My reason of wanting to do this for her is cause she has been very nice to me and she has helped me out financially and otherwise in the past though I repaid her.

But guys, my major fear is living with a girl in the same house, won't attachment get serious, what if she gets pregnant? I don't want anything to hinder my plans, I'm 29 actually and I'm not planning to settle down anytime soon.

Please I need advice and contributions.

Can A Man put His Hands on Fire and His Hands not Be Burnt??

Don't spoil your Glorious Destiny with your own Hands...

Fleee from doing such!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by paulolee(m): 1:12pm On May 28, 2020
shogsman:
Spoke you mean grin
na result of fast typing on a high mode..ma bad
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by apexx2309: 1:13pm On May 28, 2020
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Sagay212: 1:14pm On May 28, 2020
Which kain yarns be this? Why not just allow your girl to be posted to wherever and do her service there. You better talk true...either you are scared of losing her or na towtow dey hungry you.

You better stay focused

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Onyi22(f): 1:15pm On May 28, 2020
Toluwashe778:
Candid advice

Nigerians and prayer, what will he pray about here?
The girl is not his wife yet, or do u want him to pray before committing the sin he wants to?

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Royalfurnitures: 1:15pm On May 28, 2020
You don marry be that ooh

Beautify your homes with our quality and durable furniture collections today
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by mkoabiola: 1:16pm On May 28, 2020
All these jamb and juvenile question jus too much.

After pregnancy....

naira land will b ur nx point of solution.

Nxt

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Oyiboman69: 1:18pm On May 28, 2020
Toluwashe778:

bros, to the ops, he is trying to render assistance (i hope u get that)
the reasons why i suggested he should pray is that if his faith did not condemn it and if he is sure there will not be problem afterward then it is fine. or did ur bible not tell u about helping others?

He has a good intention towards her but the risk is also high
He is not trying to help her...

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 28, 2020
afecgivers:
I beg wetin you dey smoke! You are the one working her NYSC to Lagos at the same time you are the same person complaining where she will stay. This same girl has helped you before, that means she can always survive by herself. Guy! With your current mindset, you might loose that girl very fast than you can imagine. Let her go where she wished to serve. [s]At 29 you are not ready to settle down anytime soon... I pity you. If she truly loves you, she can marry you in one room. Not everybody will be a millionaire before marriage. Don't be deceived by social media lifestyles. Be realistic to yourself[/s].

He is being realistic to himself. You are the one trying to project your own reality/fears/whatever to him! Why are you blackmailing him emotionally? How are you sure he is living for social media? What’s wrong with being a millionaire before marriage? 29 is very young, best believe this. Young enough for him to chase his dreams and desires of money, travel, better life, more education, etc before getting married. That you can’t picture this for yourself is not the poster’s fault darling.
Behave yourself oo.
angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Shedrack12: 1:19pm On May 28, 2020
Dont try it oh I'm presently in same situation and looking for a way out

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by jimcaddy(m): 1:19pm On May 28, 2020
The thing is if you have plans for her, sit her down and talk to her. Don't cage her in your house because she will still misbehave if she wants to. Girls are never certain on who they'll end up with until the most serious guy proposes to her. So let her be. She will most likely meet plenty guys during her service year. So you have to define the relationship. If it's just friends with benefits u wanna do, let her know..
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:20pm On May 28, 2020
She should not come to stay with you since you two are not yet married. Build your life first and let her build hers as well. Unless you want to get into family ways in an unprepared manner. Free her.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by ramatintin(m): 1:20pm On May 28, 2020
Oga do what's best for you but don't come to disturb us with another thread on how your girlfriend cheated on you while doing her nysc.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by gbami(m): 1:21pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:
Hello guys, so I'm skeptical about this decision I'm about to take, my girlfriend will be joining the next batch of NYSC and I have been thinking of telling her to work it to Lagos.

Truth is, she learned fashion design sometime and she likes modelling for clothing brands and she teaches too, I believe with all of this she stands a chance of getting something tangible in Lagos than going to serve in one village.

My fear is this, (I recently got an accommodation, a single room self contain on the island, haven't even told her yet)
So I need time to plan my future, I'm not fit financially to start fending for someone, if I am then my younger sister should be the one to come over ( though her service year is next year)

But if my gf is to come here, the agreement will be clear and concise, you fend for yourself while I fend for myself, don't worry, the relationship is that defined and she understands.

My reason of wanting to do this for her is cause she has been very nice to me and she has helped me out financially and otherwise in the past though I repaid her.

But guys, my major fear is living with a girl in the same house, won't attachment get serious, what if she gets pregnant? I don't want anything to hinder my plans, I'm 29 actually and I'm not planning to settle down anytime soon.

Avoid it like a plaque....I am talking from experience...And that's my biggest regret right now...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Jaqenhghar: 1:21pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:

You are not ready for that relationship then. Leave the girl to do her thing
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 28, 2020
[s]
Hightser:

[/s]

Where on the island did you find a self contained?

Please I hope you aren't one of those people who refer to Ajah axis as the island?

Was it in onitu estate you got the room?

What was the rate ? I am looking to help someone secure one

Now to the less important thing , well if at 29 you don't know what's good for you or your future then don't waste space by typing things like this
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by 1stola: 1:21pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:

You don't need any advice.
You already know the reality and EVERYTHING that will happen.

The choice is yours.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by apexx5558: 1:21pm On May 28, 2020
[color=#] 2688986[/color]
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by simple250: 1:22pm On May 28, 2020
Life and relationship is not mathematics,its a two way thing . She coming to stay with you can open doors for you since she is smart ..My woman today moved in with me after her NYSC the job I'm doing today is from her idea ,but be careful of lagos big boys cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 Things To Avoid When Toasting A Girl / Nigerian Guy Intentionally Breaks Traffic Law So He Can Meet Hot FRSC Officer / Man Looking For A Virgin Graduate To Occupy His Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.