Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? (50898 Views)

Should I Allow My Womanizing Friend Date My Sister / My Ex Girlfriends Friend Is Stranded And Wants To Stay With Me For A While / Native Doctor Takes His Girlfriend To Swimming Pool, Says He Double Dates (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Blackmoran(m): 1:22pm On May 28, 2020
Been in your shoes before... I don't know what advice I can Give you cause life is vice verse... In my own case she was to do are master in one of this university in Benin republic since I stay at badagry which is close to benin, from osun I let her come stay With me...... She spent ten month with me which later if i reminisce was the most unproductive part of my life, everything I did during that time was around her, I can't remember buying anything for myself.... The worst part she got pregnant... At this juncture let me stop.... I can bet 1 of this would be your predicament if you let dick do the thinking... Guy use your brain...

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 28, 2020
You want advice. Well here is advice . You lack coordination, discipline, focus etc and every other good thing. Should I allow my girlfriend to come and stay with me. As though you cannot make decision on your own . What kind of to dense question is that. Are you not the owner of your life to do what pleases you. Who gives a fuk. Should I allow my girlfriend to come and stay with me. Make a fuking decision and move on .
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by perdollar(m): 1:22pm On May 28, 2020
let her come n stay wt me
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by taibat61(m): 1:23pm On May 28, 2020
This topic is trash to v make frontpage
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by gungab(m): 1:23pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:
Hello guys, so I'm skeptical about this decision I'm about to take, my girlfriend will be joining the next batch of NYSC and I have been thinking of telling her to work it to Lagos.

Truth is, she learned fashion design sometime and she likes modelling for clothing brands and she teaches too, I believe with all of this she stands a chance of getting something tangible in Lagos than going to serve in one village.

My fear is this, (I recently got an accommodation, a single room self contain on the island, haven't even told her yet)
So I need time to plan my future, I'm not fit financially to start fending for someone, if I am then my younger sister should be the one to come over ( though her service year is next year)

But if my gf is to come here, the agreement will be clear and concise, you fend for yourself while I fend for myself, don't worry, the relationship is that defined and she understands.

My reason of wanting to do this for her is cause she has been very nice to me and she has helped me out financially and otherwise in the past though I repaid her.

But guys, my major fear is living with a girl in the same house, won't attachment get serious, what if she gets pregnant? I don't want anything to hinder my plans, I'm 29 actually and I'm not planning to settle down anytime soon.

Please I need advice and contributions.

You mean , you will tell your supposed gf that she will fend for herself.
Someone that you might get married to later on.
Why not work something out on partnership
Modified: Have been in your shoes before, I accommodate this lady for over 6 month, initially I did not discuss feeding with her, agreement was to sleep over and go to work. But then, if I cook or sometimes gives her money to cook we eat together and happy b4 I know it she started bringing foodstuffs from home when she visit her parents on weekends.
What am saying in essence is that, if your gf is the under type. She will support in feeding
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:24pm On May 28, 2020
donbachi:
To live with pregnant woman don dey hungry u.

I'm 29 and not thinking of marriage

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Firstnebo: 1:25pm On May 28, 2020
cruxgemmata:

At 29, u wanna escape all these.

Even immortal angels cant escape these if they stay with a woman in same house

Angels are not immortal please. Stop misrepresenting the Bible
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by apexx3518: 1:26pm On May 28, 2020
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by 1stola: 1:26pm On May 28, 2020
Toluwashe778:

bros, to the ops, he is trying to render assistance (i hope u get that)
the reasons why i suggested he should pray is that if his faith did not condemn it and if he is sure there will not be problem afterward then it is fine. or did ur bible not tell u about helping others?

He has a good intention towards her but the risk is also high
Keep fooling yourself.
Can you allow your sister to live with her boyfriend in the name of helping her?

The level of HYPOCRISY is what I detest most in people like you.

REPENT!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Glink2018(m): 1:27pm On May 28, 2020
The lady might be one of the stupid leech girl who can only contribute yansh for the betterment of the family. Because why would a lady you have not paid her brideprice is insisting she wants to live with you. A responsible person will not say so, I'm giving you my one kobo advice don't allow her. I know with time you definitely know the kind of person she is..
She knows that you can't stay with her without having sex with her. So, she is prepared to be a mother asap.
I can't type anymore. Seek for elderly counsel
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by omonnakoda: 1:28pm On May 28, 2020
OK,

Let me go and solve my own problems first

I will get back to you
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by KosiGee(m): 1:29pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:
Hello guys, so I'm skeptical about this decision I'm about to take, my girlfriend will be joining the next batch of NYSC and I have been thinking of telling her to work it to Lagos.

Truth is, she learned fashion design sometime and she likes modelling for clothing brands and she teaches too, I believe with all of this she stands a chance of getting something tangible in Lagos than going to serve in one village.

My fear is this, (I recently got an accommodation, a single room self contain on the island, haven't even told her yet)
So I need time to plan my future, I'm not fit financially to start fending for someone, if I am then my younger sister should be the one to come over ( though her service year is next year)

But if my gf is to come here, the agreement will be clear and concise, you fend for yourself while I fend for myself, don't worry, the relationship is that defined and she understands.

My reason of wanting to do this for her is cause she has been very nice to me and she has helped me out financially and otherwise in the past though I repaid her.

But guys, my major fear is living with a girl in the same house, won't attachment get serious, what if she gets pregnant? I don't want anything to hinder my plans, I'm 29 actually and I'm not planning to settle down anytime soon.

You’ve considered the pros and cons, you’ve done the risk assesment. If anyone is to live with you as you said, it’s gotta be your younger sister, you are not financially ok for anyone to depend on you....What else do you want people to tell you??

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Dewisedick: 1:29pm On May 28, 2020

Let me be the one to sign th agreement and I will write under my signature "it will not work."

It is just like saying what this man say...

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by omonnakoda: 1:29pm On May 28, 2020
Firstnebo:

Did he mention bible?
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by donbachi(m): 1:29pm On May 28, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

I'm 29 and not thinking of marriage
living lovers..but u wan do wetin married people dey do.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by lexy2014: 1:32pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:

Pls direct her to me. There's enough room for her in my house
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by INCREDIBLE007(m): 1:33pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:

simply put if she comes and stay with you, and you guys maintain your status quo( you fend for yourself, she fends for herself) there's a strong probability that a guy somewhere might take advantage, give her Kudi and affection and voila, you might loose her. let her stick to the village, since she had been faithful to you all this years, she might not ditch you for another guy now, you could also let her come to you but the chances that pregnancy might happen is very high. be that as it may, follow your heart. goodluck
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:

You can't eat your cake and have it.

If you want an unlimited supply of puxxy, you have to be ready to pay for it and its baggage.

My advice for you is to ignore her, focus on yourself, at every stage in a man’s life there's always a girl comfortably waiting for you. Don't hang onto a liability that would slow you down and eventually jump to the next guy.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Blessnelly(f): 1:35pm On May 28, 2020
Pls don't start what you can't finish
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by emmabest207(m): 1:35pm On May 28, 2020
how do you want to be called DADDY if you don't do that.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by safarigirl(f): 1:36pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:
so going to serve in one village in katsina is where she will find her husband? Don't you think she will find a suitable person in Lagos than a village? And who told you I don't have plans to marry her? After NYSC the next thing you are suggesting for her is marriage, after you all will be clamouring for independent girls for marriage, what do you all really want sef.

LOL.

Please, assist her in coming to Lagos,so, she can meet her real husand, because it clearly isn't you.

You want her to come, so that someone can be curing your konji inside house, but she will be feeding herself and paying for all she needs. Which dirty help are you rendering her?

Please, let her serve in Lagos, three weeks in camp sef, she will meet one correct IJGB that el offer her a better deal than your self-contain house. She won't even need your 'help' anymore. Enjoy your modest abode alone.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Firstnebo: 1:36pm On May 28, 2020
omonnakoda:

Did he mention bible?

Is this arguable?
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:
so going to serve in one village in katsina is where she will find her husband? Don't you think she will find a suitable person in Lagos than a village? And who told you I don't have plans to marry her? After NYSC the next thing you are suggesting for her is marriage, after you all will be clamouring for independent girls for marriage, what do you all really want sef.

Since you know it all, why did you bring your shit here for advice? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by safarigirl(f): 1:40pm On May 28, 2020
gungab:

You mean , you will tell your supposed gf that she will fend for herself.
Someone that you might get married to later on.
Why not work something out on partnership
Modified: Have been in your shoes before, I accommodate this lady for over 6 month, initially I did not discuss feeding with her, agreement was to sleep over and go to work. But then, if I cook or sometimes gives her money to cook we eat together and happy b4 I know it she started bringing foodstuffs from home when she visit her parents on weekends.
What am saying in essence is that, if your gf is the under type. She will support in feeding
He does not want to get married, at least not to her and not now. He wants to fornicate without responsibilities. He is looking for a flatmate he can have casual sex with.

A 29-year old boy. I hope the girlfriend finds someone worth her time, because this one is clearly not it

6 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by safarigirl(f): 1:41pm On May 28, 2020
TripleOh7:

Since you know it all, why did you bring your shit here for advice? undecided

He knows nothing. He was looking for people to support his nefarious plans, and is arguing for it.

People like him disgust me.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by oluwasegun007(m): 1:42pm On May 28, 2020
Caramelskin:
There is no point since the disadvantages of accommodating her outweighs the advantages. Do not make decisions that will lead to had I known. Just do what you think it’s best for you.

You don try your lordship
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:

Bro you already know what to do, let me just highlight it for you

There is no way your girlfriend will be with you without you getting to take care of 101% of the bills.

You said something like, instead of you allowing your girlfriend to come you will rather bring your sister to stay with you, which is wise enough.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 28, 2020
Firstnebo:

I didnt see where i mentioned Bible here.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by tunary(m): 1:42pm On May 28, 2020
Free fork
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by spiralwedge(m): 1:43pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser, Most people commenting lack comprehension as it is mostly with our people these days.

The girl is not posted to Lagos yet, he is the one who wants her posting worked to Lagos because of bigger opportunities.

And since there's no way she'll be in Lagos without him accommodating her, he's seeking advice after stating his conditions.

My advice:
Leave her to serve wherever she is posted to. It's only for a year. In the meantime, you can start preparing to settle down 1-2 years max. Let her come to visit you in Lagos once in a while. After service, and when she eventually move with you to Lagos, she can explore those opportunities

3 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by sholly28(m): 1:43pm On May 28, 2020
let her come and I think she has been nice to u b4. don't miss this opportunity she is an asset to u
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 28, 2020
safarigirl:

He knows nothing. He was looking for people to support his nefarious plans, and is arguing for it.

People like him disgust me.

He has already made his mind up on what to do. Just looking for people to back him up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bride Carries Fiance On Her Back In Prewedding Photos / Why You Shouldn't Toy With Your Sex Organs / Isoko Man Leaves A Beautiful Young Lady Heartbroken And In Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.