Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? (50915 Views)

Should I Allow My Womanizing Friend Date My Sister / My Ex Girlfriends Friend Is Stranded And Wants To Stay With Me For A While / Native Doctor Takes His Girlfriend To Swimming Pool, Says He Double Dates (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Hightser: 4:23pm On May 28, 2020
Fredoallan:

See what our leaders did to us. At 29, guyman stil single. All d people dah fought for Nigeria independence are below 29.

@op, take ur time sha. Nor be competition dou. If you knw dah you not ready to settle down now, don’t accommodate her.

Baba I no dey reason am, I fit no marry last last, my guy of same age dey Yankee now, no thought of marriage anywhere, who want marry make he go ahead, I will be reading their story of breakup on NL.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Expresswriter: 4:25pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:
Hello guys, so I'm skeptical about this decision I'm about to take, my girlfriend will be joining the next batch of NYSC and I have been thinking of telling her to work it to Lagos.

Truth is, she learned fashion design sometime and she likes modelling for clothing brands and she teaches too, I believe with all of this she stands a chance of getting something tangible in Lagos than going to serve in one village.

My fear is this, (I recently got an accommodation, a single room self contain on the island, haven't even told her yet)
So I need time to plan my future, I'm not fit financially to start fending for someone, if I am then my younger sister should be the one to come over ( though her service year is next year)

But if my gf is to come here, the agreement will be clear and concise, you fend for yourself while I fend for myself, don't worry, the relationship is that defined and she understands.

My reason of wanting to do this for her is cause she has been very nice to me and she has helped me out financially and otherwise in the past though I repaid her.

But guys, my major fear is living with a girl in the same house, won't attachment get serious, what if she gets pregnant? I don't want anything to hinder my plans, I'm 29 actually and I'm not planning to settle down anytime soon.

Please I need advice and contributions.

Focus on your future.

Forget cohabiting for now.
You're not financially strong at the moment.

You think she understands in theory, abi? Wait until she starts living under the same roof with you that's when you'll discover things about her you wish you never knew. This isn't the time to discover that.

You can discover something about your fiance even without living under the same roof with them. Just allow her go for her service, wherever.

Cohabiting blurs objectivity for purposes of marriage. It makes you to tolerate red flags because you get blinded by love & sex. You may think this isn't going to happen to you. I won't argue. Do what you feel is right. However, principles never lie. There is day & night. Sowing & reaping. Summer & winter. Etc.

Do the right thing. Don't get emotionally carried away.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by safarigirl(f): 4:37pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:

Lol, laugh wan kee me here, Bros I finished school 2018 after obtaining OND and Bsc, masters on my mind, now I have an apartment and a car, recently registered a business name to launch one of my ideas into a company before the year runs out, I don't know what you mean by useless but Bros, I won't even marry in the next 5years.

So, why are you in a 'relationship'? What exactly is the point of this relationship? One pussy to smash until you are ready to be married, then you can jump on another girl?

You sound like a conceited narcissist. The person you are in a relationship with, I hope she knows you are not ready to settle down in the next 5 years. She will be 27 by then, Lord knows how many of her friends will be married while she is still dating an unserious senior citizen.

You are useless to your girlfriend, she just doesn't know it yet. As old as you are, you are bragging about things younger people achieved and have married
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Nsarug80: 4:37pm On May 28, 2020
Toluwashe778:
Candid advice

Pls pray well about it especially if u are a Christian because there is more to living together than pregnancy (anyway the probability of that happening is high). What if she fall sick?
What if anything happens her.
I agree with you that beyond pregnancy there are other things to be taken into consideration.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by logon599: 4:44pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:

Baba everything is not marriage, she is just 22 and going for NYSC, no career yet and that's why I want to help her find her feet, I'm not interested in marrying someone without a job or career, except my money becomes long.

Bros, think. If she moves in with you now and you guys finish doing everything a married couple is supposed to b doing, where will be the enthusiasm to marry her again? Want to help her? Contribute money and get her accommodation even if cheaper, or allow her go to anywhere NYSC posts her and serve there, it's just for one year so I don't see the great damage. The only great damage I see are the ones that will certainly occur when you guys cohabit for that long without getting married. Think
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by SHEAU(m): 4:46pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:
Hello guys, so I'm skeptical about this decision I'm about to take, my girlfriend will be joining the next batch of NYSC and I have been thinking of telling her to work it to Lagos.

Truth is, she learned fashion design sometime and she likes modelling for clothing brands and she teaches too, I believe with all of this she stands a chance of getting something tangible in Lagos than going to serve in one village.

My fear is this, (I recently got an accommodation, a single room self contain on the island, haven't even told her yet)
So I need time to plan my future, I'm not fit financially to start fending for someone, if I am then my younger sister should be the one to come over ( though her service year is next year)

But if my gf is to come here, the agreement will be clear and concise, you fend for yourself while I fend for myself, don't worry, the relationship is that defined and she understands.

My reason of wanting to do this for her is cause she has been very nice to me and she has helped me out financially and otherwise in the past though I repaid her.

But guys, my major fear is living with a girl in the same house, won't attachment get serious, what if she gets pregnant? I don't want anything to hinder my plans, I'm 29 actually and I'm not planning to settle down anytime soon.

Ebuka!!! How many time did I call you? Don’t start what you can not finish
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by WudBMother: 4:57pm On May 28, 2020
Simple advice: The meat wey person no wan chop, e no dey use teeth divide am.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Elxandre(m): 5:03pm On May 28, 2020
shogsman:
If she lives with you agreement or not you'll end up Fending for her ,I see you becoming a father in less than 2 years.
But condoms are a thing now? Lol
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Ryocaj(m): 5:07pm On May 28, 2020
It will end in tears
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Solatium(m): 5:07pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:

There is always a price to pay for free and unlimited subscription.
You already know the price but you don't want to admit and accept it.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Hightser: 5:08pm On May 28, 2020
safarigirl:

So, why are you in a 'relationship'? What exactly is the point of this relationship? One pussy to smash until you are ready to be married, then you can jump on another girl?

You sound like a conceited narcissist. The person you are in a relationship with, I hope she knows you are not ready to settle down in the next 5 years. She will be 27 by then, Lord knows how many of her friends will be married while she is still dating an unserious senior citizen.

You are useless to your girlfriend, she just doesn't know it yet. As old as you are, you are bragging about things younger people achieved and have married

This one is just following me like village people, please I have given up the idea, if only you understand my intention was to help, nothing else, atleast if she achieves her dreams or get a better guy in lagos, I would know I did something for her since you think I'm not serious, even at that, there are 27 and 30 years old ladies without husband, hope you get one for them. I like seeing people around me succeed, I don't brag about anything, if only you know where I'm coming from, will you allow my mentions rest now?
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by safarigirl(f): 5:16pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:

This one is just following me like village people, please I have given up the idea, if only you understand my intention was to help, nothing else, atleast if she achieves her dreams or get a better guy in lagos, I would know I did something for her since you think I'm not serious, even at that, there are 27 and 30 years old ladies without husband, hope you get one for them. I like seeing people around me succeed, I don't brag about anything, if only you know where I'm coming from, will you allow my mentions rest now?

Someone who wants to help, does not give conditions that are mostly favorable to them. Your intentions were to help yourself

You have done enough bragging on this page for someone who claims to not brag.

I hope your girlfriend knows the kind of relationship she has sha entered, that is all. A lot of those 27-30 year old ladies would have had husbands, if they did not meet selfish people like you along the way, that wasted their time.

The poor girl probably thinks you will marry her in 2-3 years. Lay your truth down, or you're just another wicked soul.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Segzy19: 5:18pm On May 28, 2020
That's it, man. A word is enough for the wise. I believe you are wise.
Kobicove:

If you do not have plans of marrying her then don't cage her in your house.

Let her use the opportunity of NYSC to meet other guys so she can weigh her options objectively.

As for you, at this stage in your life you don't need any encumbrance to tie you down...you need to sort out your finances first! undecided
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by BENEAMATA: 5:20pm On May 28, 2020
go tune in to the hannah montana show . i'm sure you'll get your answers there . and you can ask if you two can hold hands .evening all .
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Swizbank: 5:21pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:

Let her stay in corpers lodge oga. Nice people die early.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Sammmypoko(m): 5:22pm On May 28, 2020
This is common sense, can't you reason beyond religious Sentiments? They have really Brain washed you o

Toluwashe778:
Candid advice

Pls pray well about it especially if u are a Christian because there is more to living together than pregnancy (anyway the probability of that happening is high). What if she fall sick?
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by VanillaIyce(f): 5:25pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:

let NYSC send her wherever it wants to then she can take it up from there.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by okewumi: 5:26pm On May 28, 2020
angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are funny Walahi.

Cohabiting in 2020.

If it is the same sex. It is better

Opposite set .

Pls answer this question.

If she dies in your apartment after two weeks of staying, what will you tell her parent (you have not pay her dowry), police and a Judge?
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by KoolBigk(m): 5:28pm On May 28, 2020
Your answer is there in your statement, young man.
You aren't ready for marriage, then let her be. There's no point harboring her at your place.

Making her come stay with you would probably affects both of you negatively.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 5:30pm On May 28, 2020
It's okay
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Hightser: 5:31pm On May 28, 2020
safarigirl:

Someone who wants to help, does not give conditions that are mostly favorable to them. Your intentions were to help yourself

You have done enough bragging on this page for someone who claims to not brag.

I hope your girlfriend knows the kind of relationship she has sha entered, that is all. A lot of those 27-30 year old ladies would have had husbands, if they did not meet selfish people like you along the way, that wasted their time.

The poor girl probably thinks you will marry her in 2-3 years. Lay your truth down, or you're just another wicked soul.

She knows I won't be marrying her in 2 to 3 years time, the condition was just about feeding, isn't it? If she is serving in another state as she will, won't she feed? So I should start taking up the responsibility of a family man while in a relationship.

Don't even tell me I want to help myself cause if she serves in Lagos or not, we would still find a way to see and have sex cause she is my gf, so get that straight.

If I wasn't dating her I would be dating someone else and I will still have sex. See, what ever you think I am, selfish or whatever, there is still someone out there for me, maybe not you but certainly there is someone for me so don't sweat it.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:35pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:

bro...
A) you should 1st decide what you want... do you want her to be there or not?!
B) if the answer is positive, then you should put down on paper exactly what you want (aka the rules/regulation of the house)
C) contact the babe and see if she even wants to move in with you sef...
D) if the answer is positive, sit her down and explain to her THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE HOUSE
E) if she accepts the rules/regulations then move her in and enjoy the 24hs unrestricted access to her toto.
F) if after a few months or years it doesnt work between you guys, then use the experience as a LIFE LESSON
FINALLY dont get it twisted, living with a woman IS settling down
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Legendguru: 5:35pm On May 28, 2020
U have no Business in a relationship when you are not ready to settle down
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by seanjy4konji: 5:42pm On May 28, 2020
You are about nto go down a rad that willruin you..Lagos does jot forgive if you mess up..

One room self contain and you are already thinking like you made it.

At 29..you need to find money and let her be where she is..she is not even your girlfriend its just your turn..
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Bimpe29: 5:43pm On May 28, 2020
Do not co habit with her unless you are legally married with her.
Otherwise, you will come here for solution to irredeemable issue.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Duru009(m): 5:49pm On May 28, 2020
Don't start what you can't finish !!

The wise thing to do is to invite her once in a while since she is your gf but telling her to come and live without immediate an plan of marrying her is dangerous, you will certainly regret it .......

You are just starting life, why making things unnecessarily difficult for yourself....

Please advise yourself!!
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by kriss27(m): 5:49pm On May 28, 2020
Hightser:

How much is the total package of self contain and the subsequent ones, at the island ?
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Hightser: 5:52pm On May 28, 2020
kriss27:
How much is the total package of self contain and the subsequent ones, at the island ?

Baba it depends on the location, from aja to lakowe to awoyaya to ibeju lekki, you can get for 200 to 350 total package.
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Okoroawusa: 5:55pm On May 28, 2020
You have said it all
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by VULCAN(m): 5:56pm On May 28, 2020
After telling him advice is not necessary you went ahead to advise him. grin

Elimon:
My brother...all these advice is not necessary, ull still follow ur mind..to me,ur mind is to bring the girl to ur house...ur 29...get a child nigga even if u no wan marry...no wait till u be 50 and ur child is just 5...it is always shameful to see
But las las do ur thing. Keeping the girl with you might be the best thing u will ever do...or most regretful thing..ur choice not ours
Re: Should I Allow My Girlfriend To Come Stay With Me? by Godwin616: 5:58pm On May 28, 2020
Toluwashe778:
Candid advice

Why must we spiritualize everything. There is nothing to pray about here. It is common sense. It is a wrong move,. How can you be living with a woman you are not married to? How can you ask your girlfriend to fend for herself while staying with you,does that make sense? The disadvantafws of such move is multiple times outweighs the advantage. Don't try it o. Let her go for her service elsewhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Will U Prefer Dating A Pretty Angel Ahead Of An Urgly Lady? / What Is The Best Thing A Girl Can Give To His Bf To Prove Her Love For Him ? / Why You Shouldn't Toy With Your Sex Organs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.