Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. (61452 Views)

Another Reason I Will Leave Religion / Bishop Kukah: Nigeria not worth dying for / If You Depend On Religion, It Will Fail You. (see How) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by whitebeard(m): 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
[quote author=stealmatic post=90840036][/quote]u answer it..!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
This is the beginning of our problems. I sorry for una

Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

JESUS CHRIST is all you need in this life and in eternity!

6 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Numero9: 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
Embrace religion and loose your common sense.
I believe God exists and I believe in God.
I do not believe in religion because every religion claims to be the right one.

I disbelieve in religious books because they are man made!

We all came into this world with a manual (or holy book), it is called "conscience".

No one can deny his/her conscience, at all.

I see religion as stupidity!

Let's Spread love and common sense as we live each day.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HitSong: 1:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
HappyPagan:

Are you happy? If Jesus was all you needed in this life, you won't be here daily, pouring your repetitive bile on every front page thread.

All your head is full of memory verse and Jesus Christ. I'm just curious - do you have a life outside the Bible? Without speaking about the Bible, can you hold a three minute conversation on any topic?

You see, you have become like the Pharisees and Saduccees who wore their religion for all to see - so they could be counted, so men could praise them. They screamed loudest that they knew God, yet when God stood in human form before them, they failed to recognize him.

Hope the Christ mind in you doesn't see this as an attack, rather just a piece of advice - admittedly maybe unwanted.

That fool does not even know anything about the bible
HE IS A COMPLETE ZOMBIE

Have you seen him quote a bible verse before?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by CAPSLOCKED: 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
THESOUCERER YOUR HOMEBOYS SEU, MAD44, AND SNAKELALA ARE PRETENDING TO HAVE REPENTED.
AFTER YOUR MINI-CRISIS SLIGHT CHANGES HAVE BEEN HAPPENING SINCE LAST WEEK BUT I EXPECT THEM TO CONTINUE WHAT THEY'RE KNOWN FOR WHEN THEY SEE YOU'RE NOT LOOKING. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by reubenobi(m): 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
Missyajoke:

The bible is consistent, Pray to God for understanding of his word. There are hidden secret in the Bible that only God can make you understand. With human Knowledge you'll be confused.. kiss kiss kiss
can you check your mail, please!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by nanizle(m): 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
rosy1992:
Being religious and fanatic is contrast to being a devoted believer. I'm not religious but I strongly believe in Jesus Christ

Why? Why not Mohammad? Why not Sango?

Why don't you strongly believe in yourself? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
What if it's a SHE?

MyVILLAGEpeople:
I left religion in 2018. I don't believe in all these religious dogmas and beliefs anymore.

But I know there is a supernatural being behind this world and I believe in him.

9 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

That's a personal thing for me. There is a way I relate with the creator.
Lies!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
Rubbish

Missyajoke:
Your relationship with Christ matters forget about religion and focus on Christ. The Bible says'' Look unto God the author and the Finisher of our Faith.
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by CODEIN: 1:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
Leave Religion bro but embrace a relationship with JESUS CHRIST! That's what matters!

same Jesus who said to hate father hate mother hate brother hate sister before you can follow him or who asked people not marry out of wedlock but was born out of wedlock you nigerians both Muslims and xtians are all maaaad

buliwyf need to reset your brain

8 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by whitebeard(m): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by pocohantas(f): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
I guess you left organized religion, if that is the case, you are most welcome.

The last time I VOLUNTARILY stepped my foot into a church, I was 19 and in my final year. grin

They thought I was possessed and my church members gathered in my room to pray. I told them I was fine, a sister wants to focus on her finals. I don’t wanna spill mehn.

I have strong ethics guiding my dealings with people and I think they are well in place. I don’t need any religious leader or body to teach me right from wrong.

God gave us a brain and conscience to guide us, but humans are so stubborn they do otherwise and start disturbing Him with prayers, shouting “die by fire”.

grin grin grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by gnykelly(m): 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
ednut1:
Realized this in 2006. My life still dey progress

explain in less than 250 words
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by bigname23: 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
nanizle:

Bros na u go tell her who she won believe? which one be ur own?
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by saajus: 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
Our Pastors acts are chasing people away from Christianity. Religion does not suspend your brain. America is a good example of a country that finds the balance. The country is littered with Churches too but they didn't suspend their brains. Although, their Pentecostal Churches misbehave too.
I will advise you to still embrace spirituality even if you are leaving organized religion. This world is truly beyond 3-dimensional space and there are many forces around that we can't see. Trust me, I have experienced a lot.
Embracing Jesus (Yehusua) is a form of spirituality. We've seen the name work several times and when we quote some of His words, they have worked wonders. The IFA people too have their own form of quotations (incantations) working for them. Muslims have their own too working for them. Find a form of spirituality you are comfortable with. I believe Christianity is an easy one with less stress to deal with. You don't need a goat or chicken for sacrifice. You only need to be sacrificing those animals into your mouth. You don't have to be rushing to kneel down 5x a day, you can pray while driving and reserve the kneeling for work out time. You don't need to pay any priest to cast a lot, just give that money to your needy neighbour. The religion is very easy, but the greediness in some of our Pastors make it looks like rocket science.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by dollarnaira: 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
stealmatic:

oga give me answer

The Bible’s answer
Cain, the eldest child of the first human couple, married one of his sisters or another close female relative. This conclusion may be drawn by considering what the Bible says about Cain and his family.

Facts about Cain and his family
All humans descended from Adam and Eve. God “made out of one man [Adam] every nation of men to dwell on the entire surface of the earth.” (Acts 17:26) Adam’s wife, Eve, became “the mother of everyone living.” (Genesis 3:​20) Therefore, Cain must have married a fellow descendant of Adam and Eve.
Cain and his brother Abel were the first of a number of children born to Eve. (Genesis 4:​1, 2) When Cain was banished for killing his brother, he complained: “Anyone who finds me will certainly kill me.” (Genesis 4:​14) Of whom was Cain afraid? The Bible says that Adam “became father to sons and daughters.” (Genesis 5:4) Evidently, these other descendants of Adam and Eve could have posed a threat to Cain.
Early in human history, marrying one’s relative was not uncommon. The faithful man Abraham, for example, married his half sister. (Genesis 20:12) The first prohibitions against such marriage appeared in the Mosaic Law, which was codified centuries after Cain’s day. (Leviticus 18:​9, 12, 13) It seems that children born to close relatives back then were not as prone to birth defects as they are today.
The Bible presents the account of Adam, Eve, and their family as accurate history. Detailed genealogies going back to Adam can be found not only in the book of Genesis, written by Moses, but also in the writings of the historians Ezra and Luke. (Genesis 5:​3-5; 1 Chronicles 1:​1-4; Luke 3:​38) Bible writers cite the story of Cain as a historical event.​—Hebrews 11:4; 1 John 3:​12; Jude 11.

Read more here

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/who-was-cains-wife/

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

so who preach abt Jesus, is it not same religion?

4 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by HitSong: 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Please sir , I would like If you stop repeating same words,
And start explaining what it means

How do you accept Jesus ?

Is it by mouth and confession?

Did Jesus not come to preach about loving the Father who sent him?

And doing his commandments?

Leave that zombie bastard

He does not have anything else in his head apart from the useless line of u need jesus.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by CODEIN: 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
nanizle:

Hey don’t place supernatural Sango deity among demon mohmd d mass murderer child molester pedophil and bet9ja prophet Jesus who wages 5 odds to gain 1000 loaves, even his juwish pipe don’t even know him but baztad Naijas insert the two psycos in their life

5 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by nanizle(m): 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
bigname23:
Bros na u go tell u she won believe? which one be ur own?

Na question I ask na. Me sef dey learn
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by GreenSignet: 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

Show me where God promised anyone success through religion and without application of one's use of sense. Why not blame yourself for your personal issues and leave God put of your messed up issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Starbound(m): 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
The summary of Everything is "The kingdom of God is within you". That's it, that's everything. If you know you know.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by sinola(m): 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
Wow! Daddy freeze will say while is vindicated...my brother, I'd seen this even before you. Our problem is religion but people benefitting from its proceeds will never want people to open their eyes.

5 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by doggedfighter(f): 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
TheSourcerer:
convictions or not When the trumpet blows , you will know , Nonsense with ingredients Jesus is the only way
Jesus or Allah the only way
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
[s]
charleff512:

Your observations are very right and valid.You don't need religion to succeed but just believe there is God and ask to have a relationship with him.I go to church but I have never played church nor let the whims and caprices of man's philosophy to guide my decisions in life.But I know and believe there is God that is all that matters.
[/s]

God is a nonentity

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by gnykelly(m): 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
rosy1992:
Being religious and fanatic is contrast to being a devoted believer. I'm not religious but I strongly believe in Jesus Christ.

you can't be religious and not be fanatic... can you logical explain how a donkey can speak human language and understand it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by lereinter(m): 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
When you have a president like buhari running the affairs of nigeria, you want to forsake God

And you aren't in China, Europe, Canada or USA

The only consolation to survive is Jesus Christ

Note not pastors O

Except your father or family is part of the ruling class

2 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by kgb101: 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

You need JESUS for Everything here on Earth and on the other side in Eternity!

When you refuse HIM now, when you Cross over, you will beg for HIM but it will be Late.

There is no crossover anywhere. This life is all there is. Imagine since 1400 no single human being has died you will have no place to stand on this planet. Death is nature's way of keeping the balance and it's common to all living things.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by demmymoney(m): 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kenplay:
With my personal Experience, Observation and inner conviction, I think I dont want to be part of any religion again. This thing is truely an opium of illusion meant for people who cant take their destiny in their hands and for a sheeple masses.

Despite withdrawing from religion I found myself even having a better moral compass which I cant explain. We are throwing away common sense, hardwork and universal principles to leave in illusion. At the end of my observation I have come to the conclusion that its what you do for yourself that counts more.

When I see poor people dying of hungry in a country which have the capacity to be the global industrial hub I know we have throw away common sense, Nigeria biggest investment to South Africa is Religious buildings (Church) while here in Nigeria the South Africans brought us MTN, DSTV, SHOP RITE e.t.c which employs thousands of people and gives profit to our Investors inventing in the stocks and shares of those companies I realise religion is lack of common sense.

No amount of religion can make you succesful without application of common sense.
No amount of religion can make your marriage succesful without application of common sense and consideration for your partner.
No amount of religion can a nation grow and prosper without application of common sense, productivity and good policies.

At the end of it I think am leaving religion, its not worth it. Even uprightness and moral comes from a person inner conviction and not because of religion.

Wow brother u have really hit the nail on the head, COMMON SENSE OVER EVERYTHING!!!!

3 Likes

Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by charleff512(m): 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
Isinweke:
[s][/s]

God is a nonentity
your God is a nonentity!
Re: I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
GBAS GBOS! RADARADA

You get mouth bro

HappyPagan:

Are you happy? If Jesus was all you needed in this life, you won't be here daily, pouring your repetitive bile on every front page thread.

All your head is full of memory verse and Jesus Christ. I'm just curious - do you have a life outside the Bible? Without speaking about the Bible, can you hold a three minute conversation on any topic?

You see, you have become like the Pharisees and Saduccees who wore their religion for all to see - so they could be counted, so men could praise them. They screamed loudest that they knew God, yet when God stood in human form before them, they failed to recognize him.

Hope the Christ mind in you doesn't see this as an attack, rather just a piece of advice - admittedly maybe unwanted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye's Photos By TY Bello. Looks Dapper In These Pictures / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Deeper Life Suspends Kumuyi’s Son, Daughter-in-law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.