Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? (77088 Views)

Is Anything Wrong In Dating A Taller Lady Or A Shorter Guy / What's Going On Between My Oga's Daughter And I? / Dating Going Wrong, Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by knowhowk: 5:32am On Jun 23, 2020
Raydos:
My take is that, If you ever want to get Married, Please guys don't marry a Social Media freak, A girl who is always online chatting, Who always follow the latest trends and challenges online

This kind of girls don't stay in relationship for long, They always believe their Partner should do everything they see their friend's husband doing for her online, they'll want you to do it for them too!!

Infact, If impossible, Date a girl who doesn't like social media at all, I learnt That Adele left social media recently, I was very proud of that lady!!
. A Diamond Medal for U .

10 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by DoubleEngine007: 5:32am On Jun 23, 2020
Prestonvic:

unfortunately, single men are not allowed to adopt kids.
There must be a way out.. When d time cone,we'll cross the bridge brother..
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Geesaintagape: 5:34am On Jun 23, 2020
I don find wife for 4 yes n I never see all I keep seeing are gf

2 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by humilitypays(m): 5:34am On Jun 23, 2020
profilemessages:
To me its seems people don't want to end up in divorce or on any other problems and issues related with marriage any longer.
All that is usually seen are single guys still remaining single for along time.

Or am I dreaming or something

What do you think?
The reasons most single guys are still single and not even thinking of getting married at 35yrs above are:

Mass unemployment, underemployment, poverty - how many single guys can afford a comfortable marriage & family life Very few cry

Cost of getting married has become high today

Married women infidelity of today is discouraging

Fear of losing their single man freedom

Fear of commitment to one lady; definitely the sex drive must die when u guys start living together, this is scary! When a guy starts to live with one lady for years, no matter how sexy or pretty she is, she won't be sexually attractive to him again like before, social media and other life of today have made this situation worst cos the guy will be seeing hotter, younger girls daily making him lose interest in the one time hottest chick he died to get!

Single ladies attitude towards guys; to even find or get your kind of girl that will inspire u to marry is like Gulder Ultimate Search!

Hiphop Music Life & Social Media Influence

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Oldoinyolengai(m): 5:38am On Jun 23, 2020
Gbogbowa:
marriage started by God and can be sustain by God,the world is becoming godless each day so marriage is becoming difficult to sustain,have been married for 8 years now and I thank God I married it is wonderful experience
If it's working for you we should be glad, just know marriage is not for everyone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by SmartPolician: 5:39am On Jun 23, 2020
michaelpop50:

Catch 100 level girl, then stop her education. She nor need graduate. Of what use is the graduation for women when they graduate and still depend on men? Na university nai babes for dey fuucck pass. Them dey damage their lives there.

She go gain admission as a slim girl, from 200 level, she go come dey thick due to numerous pricks and waka waka. Boy dey lash madness comot for babes head for uni nor be small.

In today's Nigeria, it is not wise to marry graduate. Na why Davido stop chioma from schooling

I will not forget this moniker

grin grin
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 23, 2020
:
simplepee:
Irresponsible men everywhere. Tueh!

Fact is, after spilling rubbish on Nl, they still get married every sayurday abi all the suitors we are getting falls from heaven. undecided undecided

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I just dey read funny comments since

Please dont take them too seriously.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by humilitypays(m): 5:42am On Jun 23, 2020
michaelpop50:

Catch 100 level girl, then stop her education. She nor need graduate. Of what use is the graduation for women when they graduate and still depend on men? Na university nai babes for dey fuucck pass. Them dey damage their lives there.

She go gain admission as a slim girl, from 200 level, she go come dey thick due to numerous pricks and waka waka. Boy dey lash madness comot for babes head for uni nor be small.

In today's Nigeria, it is not wise to marry graduate. Na why Davido stop chioma from schooling
lafamoooo cheesy
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Billygee2u: 5:46am On Jun 23, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:
What women have turned to be since 1960s is quite frustrating.

It makes marriage look like a battle ground for gender war in which each one is fighting for power and control, no respect at all.

Even those who are married most of them are not happy with their marriage, they cling their endurance to the outcomes of marriage like children and properties if they are lucky.

Lots of men already in graves much earlier due to direct or indirect issues of marriage and it scares those who are still alive
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by encryptjay(m): 5:47am On Jun 23, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

how does your redeployment service work?
You have to be careful. That account was created on 18th June 2020.

10 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 5:49am On Jun 23, 2020
stevups:
I have a lady that wanted to marry me but each time I went to her house I met different types of guys. They are all her friends. Sometimes they sleep in her house, so I just gave up
Thank God for your life...
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by SmartPolician: 5:50am On Jun 23, 2020
vic17:
If I want marry, I go dey fear okafor's law and if I say make I marry virgin she go fit later tell me say she want explore... which kind life be this, ino blame them.na we guys dey at fault

What's Okafor's law?

I don too hear am

angry grin
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by humilitypays(m): 5:50am On Jun 23, 2020
simplepee:
Irresponsible men everywhere. Tueh!

Fact is, after spilling rubbish on Nl, they still get married every sayurday abi all the suitors we are getting falls from heaven. undecided undecided
People are sure getting married but the rate is very low compared to what it ought to be.

If things were normal as it ought to be, with the population of Nigeria and youths being the greater number of Nigeria's population, the number of marriages we ought to be seeing weekly ought to be so high and we shouldn't have been seeing lots of mature single guys and ladies above 32yrs not even planning to marry any time sooner.

Some things are wrong accept it. Our today unemployment & underemployment rates are just too high, are u aware that majority of Nigerian youth graduates work a whole month and earn NGN50,000 despite increased living cost of today; how can a man take good care of marriage and family with such meagre income without stealing or compronising

Also our culture, lifestyle and social media influence, and sudden increase in the number of married women cheating today are really affecting marriages negatively. Yes ladies would say men cheat too, but married women used to be epitome of pious and virtuous life in the past, they held the key to happy marriages and homes, and that is how nature made it but today, it has gone crazy, married ladies want to test more dicks than single ladies cry

Even the people getting married, how blissful is their marriage Is it as it ought to be

Many guys meet a pretty girl, they feel she is an angel they ought not to miss, they hurry and marry her, and along the line they discover it was a mistake, they start to complain to their close male friends and also complain codedly on faceless forums like this based on their predicament, don't take such things for granted, all is not well with today marriage institution.

What you should do is to make a decision to make a difference in your own marriage if you are married or to be a wonderful wife to your future husband if you are single, not arguing that are people not getting married. Even during war, during world war, during Nigeria Biafra civil war people were getting married, Gowon married during the war and so many other Nigerians but does that mean all was well with Nigeria then

Think it sis

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Billygee2u: 5:52am On Jun 23, 2020
humilitypays:
The reasons most single guys are still single and not even thinking of getting married at 35yrs above are:

Mass unemployment, underemployment, poverty

Cost of getting married has become high today

Married women infidelity of today is discouraging

Fear of losing their single man freedom

Fear of commitment to one lady; definitely the sex drive must die when u guys start living together, this is scary! When a guy starts to live with one lady for years, no matter how sexy or pretty she is, she won't be sexually attractive to him again like before, social media and other life of today have made this situation worst cos the guy will be seeing hotter, younger girls daily making him lose interest in the one time hottest chick he died to get!

Single ladies attitude towards guys; to even find or get your kind of girl that will inspire u to marry is like Gulder Ultimate Search!

Hiphop Music Life & Social Media Influence
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by redroom: 5:54am On Jun 23, 2020
profilemessages:
To me its seems people don't want to end up in divorce or on any other problems and issues related with marriage any longer.

What do you think?

females too dont want to get married anymore

Marriage is over rated and stressful and ages a woman
So no point , if they get older they will just adopt or get a surrogate

2 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Ola2plenty: 5:55am On Jun 23, 2020
God that instituted marriage knows what he is doing ,although I know many people here do not believe in God but tell them to go and touch a diabolic material that can have serious spiritual implications they will shiver yet they will claim there is nothing spiritual in this world let us leave that for another day.
When you get old and you can't do certain things by yourself again especially guys you will know whether a good marriage is good for you or not. So if you're believer please work hard and you know and that you are man enough to marry , pray to God for a good Wife that have a destiny she want to accomplish in life and vise-versa. Shalom

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Obidiugwu: 5:59am On Jun 23, 2020
Too much expectations from both man and woman also contribute a lot.
Dm us for your different types of high quality male/female Fabrics ,Curtains and beddings at affordable prices. Zero Seven Zero Five Two One One Three Four Zero Five
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by SmartPolician: 6:00am On Jun 23, 2020
mrkings84:

My dear the hindrances are just too much this time around. If care is not taken, it's gonna get worsened in near future.

Some of these hindrances include:
1, Lack of finance. Like we know, the economy is nothing to write home about today, many persons are out of jobs, imagine at 40, u are still searching for job or still don't have a biz. To make matters worse, parents now see it as an opportunity to achieve so much financially from their daughters by making the bride price so high. Sometimes u hear of millions of naira just to clear what's on the lists. How many can afford such?

2.Faithful to marital vows. We live in an era where married People mess around as if they were never married. There is no day u don't hear that a court had to dissolve a union due to some marital waywardness.

3. Spiritual problems. Few days ago a young lady was trending on social media. She claimed she is goddess from the Marine world. Bro, when guys read things like this they get scared cos they never know who is who.

4. Purpose of marriage. Do u still remember that back then in school, we were usually taught the basic reasons why we should marry? Some which includes companionship, procreation etc...
The question is, with all that technology has brought to us, do u think these purposes are still enough for one to take such a risky adventure called marriage?

Kindly share the link with me

I want to see it
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by SmartPolician: 6:02am On Jun 23, 2020
faithyguy:

You are right. There are only 1 in 10 young lady that have sense now. How can a man that is planning in growing wealth marry all this women now that are after money or riches. Man are wiser now that marriage is a deal and its favors only the women. Women are forming they have more right than men now. We don't mind to remain single till we get the one whose have a little more sense and brain.

Apt!
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Mcreloaded(m): 6:05am On Jun 23, 2020
Even pastors are tired of forcing guys to get married because the complaints about how women missbehave and how easily the marriage crashes with divorce on the increase have tired pastors.

Churches before the covid issue was over flooded with lots of single women looking up to the pastor to deceive some unsuspecting guys to get married.

Guys don wise.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by ubcandid(m): 6:07am On Jun 23, 2020
MaziIgwe007:
To me, everyone is crazy.
no money, too much demands, seeing how the whites are living there's happily without being married but a lot of kids. All this makes one think marriage isn't necessary again...

I was even expecting to see a lot of low key marriages due covid-19, but I haven't seen a lot actually

There are thousands of low key marriages going on across the country.

2 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 23, 2020
SmartPolician:

Na lie

U are saying this based on that yeye online story
Is that not enough reason? Abi na until e happen to me? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 23, 2020
Blackmoran:
The institution marriage in our generation is not realistic.. The main purpose of people getting married is to stay and live a monogamy life with your partner which is hard to practice, because both sexes now a polygamous in nature, with the invent of social media and technology both sexes have the ability to meet with a lot of people and are been distracted.... So what is the purpose of marriage when the vow you make deep down you know its likely you break it. And secondly how does marriage benefit a guy.... Pls give me 3 reason and don't tell children and cooking I can achieve that without getting married..
GBAMIST and SUPPORTED, Na your Father born you
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by knowhowk: 6:17am On Jun 23, 2020
Almighty God Instituted Marriage according to the Bible .If you look Naturally at Marriage ,Man living together with a Woman ,Doing things together as one ,Helping , supporting each other is quite Amazing and great No Doubt .However what we Notice in this Present Generation of Marriage are not encouraging or Pleasing anymore ,Yes I quite agree that there are other good side of Marriage but we must realise that the bad side which were not Obvious before are becoming more obvious and Alarming . Gender Equality Claim ,Lack of Respect between Couple ,Pride,Social Media Influence ,In-contentments ,Finances ,Lack of God's Fear ,Pretence ,Immorality ,Bad Friends Influence , Immaturity ,Lack of Forgiveness etc are contributing immensely to travails of Marriage .Marriage I learnt is two Forgivers living together .To me I think Marriage is not by force ,It's a Personal thing ,People should just stop the bullshit of trying to Condemn anyone that says No To Marriage .Some may call a man who is not interested in Marriage as Irresponsible ,If been Irresponsible is what would give one peace of Mind so be it ,What the sense in Responsibility that create Hell of Shit ,Trouble , Anxiety , Hypertension,Stress and Untimely Death .Name all the Things to do to achieve a good marriage and long lasting relationship , Remember some would keep it ,Some may not be able to .Some couple must have Attended the whole Marriage counseling in the Nation ,Yet the Marriage hit the rock ,I know of a couple that does not miss Late Bimbo Odukoya Marriage counseling Teachings ,Bought lots of her books ,Men the day they Fought and separate was like a WAR ." Sad News of " Husband mudered Wife in cold blood then killed Himself " Husband Stabbed wife to Death and ran away ,Husband discovers Child is not His Own ,Suspect Wife of Sleeping arround then Kills wife ,the Child and drank Sniper .You also hear "Wife caught husband with side chick ,Stabbed Husband to Death ,Etc ,You go to Court ,There is no single day you don't hear cases of Divorce not even early Marriage ,You hear 20 Years ,30 Years of Marriage Dissolved ,Those are Lucky ones anyway that does not result to Death .Those are couple that once said Sweetheart,Honey ,My Love,My life ,My Everything bla bla bla before fire started to burn on the Mountain.Many are still in Relationship not because the Love is still there but for the sake of there Children ,For the sake of OH! I have suffered with this man ,I won't let another woman come and Enjoy all my labour ,Yes am fedup of the Marriage but I will stay put ,That is just the truth .Off course there are no Perfect Being anywhere .Only God is .The Present Generation , Especially the Youth take it or U leave it ,Most are not finding Marriage interesting anymore ,Talk about Household work they are not lazy ,Cooking ,there are restaurant , Some guys cook very well ,Talk about clothes washing ,it's some boys hobby ,Dry cleaner are everywhere also ,Talk about been lonely while staying alone there are numerous activities to catch fun .Talk about Kids ,The option of Baby mama is available .Some ladies even want to be baby mama so guys that wants that can easily have baby mama ,So what else are we talking about .In My own final Opinion Keep all the Preaching of Marriage aside joor ,Go for it if U want it ,Run for your life if U don't want it .Marriage or No Marriage Life goes on .If U highlight reason why One must Marry , Remember there are so many reasons why one too must run away from Marriage .

4 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by edunaragold(f): 6:18am On Jun 23, 2020
i had a good job working with FG and for 4 good yes I kept on loving one useless lady planing and saving to get married, but she told me she don't want to suffer oo, and marriage is not a bed of roses, she told me she don't want to settle for less, am like wait so even with FG work am still less.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by SmartPolician: 6:18am On Jun 23, 2020
0KNM:
Is that not enough reason? Abi na until e happen to me? grin grin

It can only happen in a shameless family.

You see, when one of my elder sisters got married, she gave us guys her husband's phone number to call him once in a while to keep up with him.

However, he specifically warned that no one should ask him for a favour. If you need a favour from him, it must pass through her.

That way, she will weigh it to know if she will do it for you without getting him involved, pass it on to her husband herself or drop it at once.

That's common sense

Again, the story you read, if it ever happened, can only happen in a shameless family.

6 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Cj4charles(m): 6:23am On Jun 23, 2020
a friend of mine with 4 children who just died last 2week Friday due to some illness, his wife drove to my office yesterday why we where discussing she saw my caretaker going out and she was asking me to help link her up with him, i was shocked

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Fastlinkpro: 6:23am On Jun 23, 2020
just yesterday a girl still surprised i turned her down financially, she has been asking and getting . of what benefit smh

2 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 23, 2020
profilemessages:

What do you think?
Because there's free sex, immorality on the rise.
Parents want their children to have a job paying 2 milli per month before he/she settles down.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Yankee101: 6:24am On Jun 23, 2020
Oyinbo divorce rate is 50%

You watch too much TV

tydi:

Modified ;

The best union is interracial union. Cus their love is genuine and when dey fall out of love which is very rare at atmost 0.001per dey divorce than pretending for their selfish gain.

1 Like

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Facidio: 6:31am On Jun 23, 2020
UdyOgwoUde:
Na like this bride price suppose be, but most father-inlaws wan use suitors buy land

Urhobo man. I sight you
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by knowhowk: 6:33am On Jun 23, 2020
Cj4charles:
a friend of mine with 4 children who just died last 2week Friday due to some illness, his wife drove to my office yesterday why we where discussing she saw my caretaker going out and she was asking me to help link her up with him, i was shocked
. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Plans To Get Arrested Over These Pretty South African Police Officers. PICS / "I Go To Hotel Rooms To Read Bible And Sleep With Guys Inside Church"- Slay Mama / Why Are South African Women Crazy About Naija Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.