Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? (77045 Views)

Is Anything Wrong In Dating A Taller Lady Or A Shorter Guy / What's Going On Between My Oga's Daughter And I? / Dating Going Wrong, Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by tega2luv(m): 3:57am On Jun 23, 2020
My maybe in your area, that's where u noticed that. Where me for come marriage na every saturday so tey as I never marry e come be like say I no de in vogue grin grin grin
profilemessages:
To me its seems people don't want to end up in divorce or on any other problems and issues related with marriage any longer.
All that is usually seen are single guys still remaining single for along time.

Or am I dreaming or something

What do you think?
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by ekevwe(m): 3:59am On Jun 23, 2020
Marriage is overrated in Africa. Marriage is frustrating if there is money or no money. It has to do with pretence which people assume to be being responsible.

The truth is marriage is good but devil is still ruling the world.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by RedPhoenix: 4:01am On Jun 23, 2020
Churchgeh:
@Otiv, I respect your viewpoint.

This generation lacks the capacity to wait on God for who and when to marry.

God instituted marriage, he owns the manual.

If you are a devoted and dedicated person, God will honour you and give you a devoted mate.

There might be challenges (Finance, family influence, delayed childbirth etc)

but with time, patience and endurance, you will surely enjoy your union with the person.

It's a pity this generation have been disillusioned(no thanks to social media), but if you know you have a destiny, you will see marriage as a mean to
fulfil that destiny, rather than seeing marriage only for procreation and companionship alone.

Did I say I never had a day of regret? NO or "what kind of man is this" kind of days, Yes, there were days I feel like going back to the single life,

but in our difference, we become stronger, and we value each other more.

NB: Married @25 for 9years now, it gets better by the day.

My Counsel: Discover yourself, know your purpose, find a mate who will support your dream and build an empire together.

In gold..... This generation lacks the capacity to wait on God for who and when to marry.

1 Like

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by faithyguy: 4:02am On Jun 23, 2020
booscy:
Democratic system of governance came with our women being given cars and houses or monies bigger than the gratuity of our parents just for opening legs.

Jobs and contracts for men went easily to them hence they opened legs.

Men lost jobs, means of livelihood, respect and value in their eyes.

They turned feminists

They were in charge but it wasn't sustainable because money that would have been used to create and empower their future husbands and breadwinners were squandered on them in Abuja and Dubai.

Now somehow they will still need us and most of us who have struggled against all odds to find our footing will think more than twice before marrying these disrespectful, self entitled and greedy fellas.

We now know that it's suicidal to suffer to pay for an overused pussy that comes into your home with a container load of self entitlement and greed driven unrealistic demands.
Same pussy makes you develop high blood pressure and hastens your death to inherit the fruits of your labor.

Marriage died the day our ladies got arrogant, disrespectful and promiscuous.

You have said my mind. God Bless You

8 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Billygee2u: 4:04am On Jun 23, 2020
Baloranking:

You're right everybody is mad, but you go risk am?

Risking what you already know that can cost you of your joy and life?
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Chicastle: 4:20am On Jun 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Most niggarrrs are now real niggarrrz
Them don realize say marriage na scam

Make God give us the kind money way we dey find
Na baby Mama sure pass anyday anytime twice on Monday
Marriage na overrated dog shiitt
We don realize say Couples are enduring and pretending. The sexual excitement after marriage is gone! They don't love themselves anymore.
Na when i tell one girl make she spend one week with me i take know. After three days my dickk nor dey get excited again and i was no longer comfortable with her being around
Unionism and marriage na scam

You and this your nigger
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Chicastle: 4:24am On Jun 23, 2020
DenreleDave:
We should be happy that men are realizing that marriage is a scam especially with a broke and self entitled woman..

The moment you get married to a lady that is broke, self entitled, has only pussy to offer, that moment you are finished on earth...

U r dead man... Bcox not only her will be dependent on you, even her family will suck you dry.... Her family will ur responsibility... She may even try to let u ignore your own family..

Guys, you can marry but if you must marry, avoid broke ladies, avoid ladies with fish brain, ladies with no offer than pussy..ladies that sit at home doing notin and only expect herself to cook and open pussy for man. Avoid them.

But if u get a lady that is different from this, u can consider her as a baby mama first.. If she doesn't misbehave, Wife her sharpally

Ladies to avoid: Onyi millenniumlad and Amata. rasha (My sweet singu momma gringringringrin) etc

E clear bro that onyi though
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:37am On Jun 23, 2020
You no Dy hear word chai na how many times these ladies go report you to me If them ban you now you will start cussing out
DenreleDave:
We should be happy that men are realizing that marriage is a scam especially with a broke and self entitled woman..

The moment you get married to a lady that is broke, self entitled, has only pussy to offer, that moment you are finished on earth...

U r dead man... Bcox not only her will be dependent on you, even her family will suck you dry.... Her family will ur responsibility... She may even try to let u ignore your own family..

Guys, you can marry but if you must marry, avoid broke ladies, avoid ladies with fish brain, ladies with no offer than pussy..ladies that sit at home doing notin and only expect herself to cook and open pussy for man. Avoid them.

But if u get a lady that is different from this, u can consider her as a baby mama first.. If she doesn't misbehave, Wife her sharpally

Ladies to avoid: Onyi millenniumlad and Amata. rasha (My sweet singu momma gringringringrin) etc
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 4:38am On Jun 23, 2020
UdyOgwoUde:
Na like this bride price suppose be, but most father-inlaws wan use suitors buy land
U no well!
Na wetin Ur papa go collect for your sisters and wetin u go collect for you daughters be that in future.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by ashiwaju11(m): 4:40am On Jun 23, 2020
Pure assumptions. No facts here
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by purplecoco(f): 4:41am On Jun 23, 2020
daewoorazer:

Your highness,We do the marrying...this doesn’t fit your mouth. When you can buy a ring and propose to a man, then you maybe have an opinion

Who gives a rat ass if y'all buy a ring? Shit i can buy me my own ring and propose to myself undecided. Stop all these deluding bullcrap to keep me shut over my own opinion. If he don't match my grind, there's no reason to bring him to yankee. Lets keep that same energy over here

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 4:44am On Jun 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Most niggarrrs are now real niggarrrz
Them don realize say marriage na scam

Make God give us the kind money way we dey find
Na baby Mama sure pass anyday anytime twice on Monday
Marriage na overrated dog shiitt
We don realize say Couples are enduring and pretending. The sexual excitement after marriage is gone! They don't love themselves anymore.
Na when i tell one girl make she spend one week with me i take know. After three days my dickk nor dey get excited again and i was no longer comfortable with her being around
Unionism and marriage na scam
The term "nigga" should not be used by a civil and sensible person. But of course, we have plenty retàrds roaming about on the internet.
Keep your stupîdity to yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 23, 2020
DenreleDave:

Guys, you can marry but if you must marry, avoid broke ladies, avoid ladies with fish brain, ladies with no offer than pussy.. ladies that sit at home doing notin and only expect herself to cook and open pussy for man. Avoid them.

Illiteracy!
Your English language teacher needs serious beating...
When you type faster than you think, you start throwing shots everywhere grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Raydos: 4:56am On Jun 23, 2020
My take is that, If you ever want to get Married, Please guys don't marry a Social Media freak, A girl who is always online chatting, Who always follow the latest trends and challenges online

This kind of girls don't stay in relationship for long, They always believe their Partner should do everything they see their friend's husband doing for her online, they'll want you to do it for them too!!

Infact, If impossible, Date a girl who doesn't like social media at all, I learnt That Adele left social media recently, I was very proud of that lady!!

18 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by CodeTemplar: 5:02am On Jun 23, 2020
God who authored marriage says let wives be submissive to husband's but ladies out there want to love their husband in return out of whatever the devil has blinded them with. No more obedience to the instructions of the creator of marriage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by favour32(m): 5:11am On Jun 23, 2020
Na wife nai scarce pass money.

1 Like

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by darediamond(m): 5:12am On Jun 23, 2020
profilemessages:
To me its seems people don't want to end up in divorce or on any other problems and issues related with marriage any longer.

What do you think?
On a similar topic, I once reply another Nairalander with "Of all you rightly said, you get it wrong @ the emboldened
Relationship must be mutual so also Marriage and Matrimonial Life of the the Couple.
That the Man is the Head of the Family does not now mean the Wife Should not work to at least provides 40% of what the Family needs.

Never should you as an Husband to be marry a woman whom can not comfortably feeds herself.

Never should you as a Guy/Man/Hussy to be marry a woman who has Husband-Duty or Liability/Entitlement Mentality

The Manness in a woMan gender name calls for SERIOUS Resposibilities before and after Marrige towards her Man/Guy/Husband and Children to be.
So before you marry Her, you MUST make sure she is a well trained Lady that knows and understand what Matrimony really calls for on her part.

That you have become his wife do not now mean He Should be the Sole Provider of all your needs and Children.

NEVER!

She Herself must WORK TO MAKE MONEY TO BE SPENT BY HERSELF AND HER HUSBAND TOO!!!!

IT IS A MUST FOR ANY LADY/WIFE THAT WOULD REFER TO HERSELF AS RESPONSIBLE. "

From that reply, you would notice I mention Liability/Husban-Duty/Entitlement Mentality.

Those 3 kills the idea of getting Married in most Men now as Majority of present day Nigerian Mothers themselves are DESTRUCTIVE PARASITES themselves so what would you expect there girl children to be?

7 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Hezmatosky: 5:13am On Jun 23, 2020
All these guys roaming upandan in nairaland, like don't go and marry, when night comes you'll know what you did to yourselves tchwwwwww undecided
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 5:14am On Jun 23, 2020
Nigerian girls are making marriage unattractive for men of today. Nigerian girls are mainly to be blamed for the failure of marriages and the lack of desire by men to marry. Marriage is now viewed as a risky adventure by men who are successful in life. To avoid stress, the baby mama option is now the preferred option. Nigerian girls should change their ways and have a good orientation about life.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by peacettw: 5:14am On Jun 23, 2020
profilemessages:

What do you think?

Any concrete data to support this. That it happens in your area doesn't conclusively mean that it is the same trend overall.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by peacettw: 5:14am On Jun 23, 2020
profilemessages:

What do you think?

Any concrete data to support this? That it happens in your area doesn't conclusively mean that it is the same trend overall.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by frowland(m): 5:16am On Jun 23, 2020
Baloranking:
grin grin grin

Eye don tear, nobody wants to be committed to anything as they feel it's slavery.

Pride this is the major reason for failed marriages this days undecided people can't just put their pride oneside and work on their relationship.

Entitlement for Nigerian girls,they want the whole world but can't bring anything to the table.

Not to even talk about the amount of brideprice these days, plus the girl demanding an expensive wedding after giving her all that she start nagging 2years into the marriage grin

The rate of cheating this days is too much, someone knows someone that knows someone,that has bleeped your girlfriend or boyfriend.grin

[s]Omo to marry for naija na suffer as a man it should be in your top 5 prayer points to leave this shit hole,get a life and a better wife so you can enjoy your future[/s].

Your last statement if full of ignorance.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 23, 2020
tydi:

You are truly a king. Don't marry anybody that you know you know someone who has bleeped her, I'm not saying we haven't been used and dumped by another person but its not advisable.

In my case, my distant cousin has slept with my ex wife which I saw the evidence but was blinded for what I had for her then and proceeded, but anytime I want to really push forward and show her that I loved her for real that picture keeps playing in my head and everything i had to prove my love for her will just go flat like a flaccid d!ck. But she keeps thinking I hated her but I don't, but we men does a lot of thinking and the pic must always come to our mind. So its not encouraging at all.

Modified ;

The best union is interracial union. Marry a white lady and enjoy a true genuine love. Haven't you asked your self why the whites marry at a very young age cus they love for real.

Here where I base you will see a young white lady of prolly 19 to 21 already married putting on her wedding ring and with her very young husband too and prolly a kid of theirs. Cus their love is genuine and when dey fall out of love which is very rare at atmost 0.001per dey divorce than pretending for their selfish gain.

You are right bro. My wife to be cheated on me with a married man for about a year. She confessed and apologized and I forgave her because I was blinded by love but the picture never leave my head. I am disturbed since 2017 that the cheating took place. The picture keeps coming into my mind.

8 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Prestonvic(m): 5:19am On Jun 23, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
Girls are no longer ready to be committed, so why will I waste millions marrying a public property when I can adopt kids if I want? Since kids are to be my only gain. Make marriage dey one side abeg.. Let me make my money and enjoy my life without one person that wasn't there when I was hustling, telling what to do and what not to do,because I married her..

unfortunately, single men are not allowed to adopt kids.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by knowhowk: 5:23am On Jun 23, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Illiteracy!
Your English language teacher needs serious beating...
When you type faster than you think, you start throwing shots everywhere grin
. Wetin Concern English with this. Abeg leave Oyinbo Grammar apart ,The man talk sense .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by RapistOnBail: 5:24am On Jun 23, 2020
I had this female friend way back college. She had a fiancé and I could boldly fvck her when her fiancé goes asleep.

Ladies are whores you should never wife. I’m sorry to my sister and mother, this is reality.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by darediamond(m): 5:24am On Jun 23, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Well, if a poor guy like u marries Linda Ikeji, how won’t it benefit u??
And does He says he is after a Rich woman like Linda??

Your Prasitic/Entitlement Mentality no be here!!I

Nooonsense!

9 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by SmartPolician: 5:24am On Jun 23, 2020
0KNM:
After you don marry finish, your brother inlaw wants to marry, they’ll now be giving you your own share of the marriage expenses. And if you ignore, your wife calls you ‘irresponsible’ man. Chai! This life no just balance

Na lie

U are saying this based on that yeye online story
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by knowhowk: 5:27am On Jun 23, 2020
Prestonvic:

unfortunately, single men are not allowed to adopt kids.
. He can Easily get a lady that would get pregnant and have a baby for him .Baby mama .No be every body go Marry .This Marriage ,Marriage issue self ,Wetin be the gain inside .If gain dey the people wey like am make Dem marry ,The people that have noticed the danger in it should stay clear .

2 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by fineboynl(m): 5:28am On Jun 23, 2020
you could perhaps get the benefit package for free

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 5:30am On Jun 23, 2020
Personally I've nothing against the institution of marriage. Nothing worth having in this life of ours comes easy - and like every fulfilling relationship, it takes a lot of work/sacrifices.

It only takes knowing that one girl, that one girl who's always got your back. You feel it in your guts that that's the one girl for you; your ride-or-die, but you can't be too naïve enough to think she would wait on you forever. So you man-up, put on your big-boy pants and make a decent woman out of her, else you risk loosing her to someone else. If you think marriage sucks, try living with yourself knowing the LOYL is married to someone else; the mere thought of her answering his last name, carrying his seed and him getting to enjoy everything that comes with being with her - mahn, that shìt would wreck you in ways you could never imagine.

In the eventuality that someday you both wake up and fall out of love with each other after giving it your all; then there can be no regrets, nothing lasts forever anyway. . .but at least you tried. Nothing gets to me like regrets, especially pertaining to things I failed to do because of my big ego.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Ghanaian Couple Stuck In Each Other While Having Sex / Why Are South African Women Crazy About Naija Guys? / "Any Man Who Sleeps With Me Dies, 7 Gone Already, But I Need Sex"– Ghanaian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.