Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? (77076 Views)

Is Anything Wrong In Dating A Taller Lady Or A Shorter Guy / What's Going On Between My Oga's Daughter And I? / Dating Going Wrong, Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by guychidile: 7:40am On Jun 23, 2020
look,as long as married women continue to mess up ,giving their husband unneccessary wahalas,killing their hubbys,cheating to their hubbys,doing all sorts of evil.,young men will clung to babe-mama ,simple.
Atleast ,it will afford them time to be safe
what am I saying,our young men still remaining single is in the hands of our married women simple.

5 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Youngpo413: 7:48am On Jun 23, 2020
michaelpop50:

In today's Nigeria, marrying a female graduate is not advisable. Girls dey fucck anyhow for university. Once a man marry a graduate, there is a high probability that the girl will cheat in marriage with her exes from her uni days.

If you are a guy and you are seeing this message, abeg nor marry graduate oh. Them done damage their body for uni
All of them are the same joor...graduate or not,they all fuçk like dogs...show me a faithful lady and I will show you a dual sim iphone.

7 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by henryhemon(m): 7:48am On Jun 23, 2020
profilemessages:
To me its seems people don't want to end up in divorce or on any other problems and issues related with marriage any longer.
All that is usually seen are single guys still remaining single for along time.

Or am I dreaming or something

What do you think?

You marry and come n father another's man kids? Abegi or your husband has another family he's hiding or they are knacking other people, plus the whole bullshit n shitty attitude you have to take.

2 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by seancombs617: 7:51am On Jun 23, 2020
GODPUNISHUNA:
I am scared of marriage. With what I see everyday. Even in the office there is a married woman that's being disturbing my life, I warned her to stay off or I report to HR. Married couples don't hide it anymore.

It's like the western system of open marriages is now accepted here, where each partner sleeps around with whomever they want to. No trust anymore.

Nah I'm not even thinking of marriage anytime soon

Bro u no lie o..I'm single .the rate at which Married people flirt with me in my area dey fear me..these hoes ain't loyal grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Youngpo413: 7:51am On Jun 23, 2020
xklusivej:
hmmm am just passing tru....
yeah,keep passing 'tru' their pùssy, then walk away...nothing good will come out of it!
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:52am On Jun 23, 2020
Pls, why are females not commenting or contributing to this topic?

I'm not seeing female's comments. wetin happen naaah? abi all of dem dey do menstruation today ni?

later now, una go say 'women run the world'.

abeg, I want to read from females too. abi una dey fear? grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Kingnelson9: 7:52am On Jun 23, 2020
Xeeex:

Why buy the cow when the milk is free?
Why marry the girl when sex before marriage is available?
So u wil for ever remain single? Kos sex free.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by tydi(m): 7:52am On Jun 23, 2020
DamZik:

You are right bro. My wife to be cheated on me with a married man for about a year. She confessed and apologized and I forgave her because I was blinded by love but the picture never leave my head. I am disturbed since 2017 that the cheating took place. The picture keeps coming into my mind.

Lol. Firstly I wouldn't even condone nor forgive such wife if we're married already and she cheats on me, whatever I feel for her dies instantly and I'm kicking her out back to her Father's house or to the streets where she belongs. In your case she's still your fiancee to be but it still all shades of wrongs and same applies to me if I happen to find out. Kick her out.

Secondly, we are all sinners and no one is a saint, mine would have been a different ball game if the fvckeer ain't related to me in any form i won't care cus emotionally I'm strong to had even suppress the fact she had been gangbanged and we moved on, but that one of a brother or cousin or blood relation issa no no situation.

2 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nemesis08(m): 7:53am On Jun 23, 2020
Economy is too bad, no money
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Gerrard59(m): 7:54am On Jun 23, 2020
michaelpop50:

Catch 100 level girl, then stop her education. She nor need graduate. Of what use is the graduation for women when they graduate and still depend on men? Na university nai babes for dey fuucck pass. Them dey damage their lives there.

She go gain admission as a slim girl, from 200 level, she go come dey thick due to numerous pricks and waka waka. Boy dey lash madness comot for babes head for uni nor be small.

In today's Nigeria, it is not wise to marry graduate. Na why Davido stop chioma from schooling

This is a horrible take, honestly it is. Are you saying there are no females you know who graduated, are working using the skills and certificates they acquire to advance in life?

1 Like

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 23, 2020
I believe that the decline is because of the failing Nigerian economy. Marital rites and ritual is very expensive especially if you are from the south and many young people are now living together without formal wedding and having kids out of wedlock.

The respective state Govt should prop the economy and legislate appropriate laws to remedy the situation or else, rape cases will continue to soar
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by alexsoftwork(m): 7:54am On Jun 23, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
You are telling pipu that are hustling to get married. Now that coro don spoil show, where you hear I am employed but on unpaid leave, do you think marriage is the solution.
Besides will getting married give able, educated but broke and unemployed singles automatic employment and money.

I tire ooo. Help me ask am.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Eileene(f): 7:56am On Jun 23, 2020
It is only on Nairaland that people seem not to want to get married. The people I know around me are all getting married.

1 Like

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Karlifate: 7:56am On Jun 23, 2020
jaxxy:
Marriage is not compulsory. Neither is it a competition. It should only be considered when u find the right one and in the right situation and circumstances.

What is compulsory is being successful. That is non negotiable.
Yeah...
Success is NOT an option, it's the only choice.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by kvngmaxy(m): 7:56am On Jun 23, 2020
profilemessages:
To me its seems people don't want to end up in divorce or on any other problems and issues related with marriage any longer.
All that is usually seen are single guys still remaining single for along time.

Or am I dreaming or something

What do you think?
oga na wa for you o you no see say coro dey town
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Yankee101: 7:56am On Jun 23, 2020
I don't base abroad

I live in these United fvcking States baby!

tydi:

You and your likes who quoted me concerning the whites divorce rate need to stop seeing foreign movies the most ASAP and grasp reality, to had believed their divorce rate is higher than that of blacks most commonly with Nigeria couples is risible. FYI. I base abroad.

1 Like

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by alexsoftwork(m): 7:59am On Jun 23, 2020
michaelpop50:

In today's Nigeria, marrying a female graduate is not advisable. Girls dey fucck anyhow for university. Once a man marry a graduate, there is a high probability that the girl will cheat in marriage with her exes from her uni days.

If you are a guy and you are seeing this message, abeg nor marry graduate oh. Them done damage their body for uni

But no be all them be like DAT na.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 23, 2020
DenreleDave:

F**l.. You shud no some were skipped.....

Lack of manners
MY fathere and ur mother needs serious beating.
Ọmọ herlay
Oh low ree bu ru ku
Ọmọ hofo jarty jarty
Oh nee kure

I'm sure very that's how you've been beating them.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 23, 2020
stevups:
I have a lady that wanted to marry me but each time I went to her house I met different types of guys. They are all her friends. Sometimes they sleep in her house, so I just gave up

Lolz..... LocalMan rancheesycheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Gerrard59(m): 8:05am On Jun 23, 2020
As usual, the notion of people not getting married are mainly propagated by folks in their early 20s and early 30s. Yet again, in reality, I do see wedding photos of friends and acquaintances on Facebook and even people I don't know on Twitter. Although, the pandemic has slowed down everything (same thing everywhere), people will still and do get married. The notion of "get a babymama" sounds good (I had similar thoughts then) but upon research that the vast majority of well groomed children come from TWO PARENT HOUSEHOLDS than single parenthood coupled with the increasing costs of taking care of children, getting a partner is necessary. Also, in a conservative society like Nigeria, no responsible father or mother will betrothe their daughter in the name of baby mama. None! You people on social media tend to think you live in a liberal country (in actual liberal countries, the majority of truant kids come from single parent homes) where you can wake up one morning and impregnate a responsible lady and allow to be a baby mama. Before you mention Chioma and Co, those are exceptions not the norm. The vast majority of Nigerians will get married, yes; feminism is on the rise (my major issue regarding marriage in this age) but don't consider so-called Nigerian feminists as they too desire to get married (the majority of so-called feminists in Nigeria are at best fraudulent in their beliefs), the economy has declined (which will continue considering the stoopid politicians' policies) but last I checked, humans are social beings and will need a steady not one-off companion at a stage in their lives.

11 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by HitSong: 8:06am On Jun 23, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Illiteracy!
Your English language teacher needs serious beating...
When you type faster than you think, you start throwing shots everywhere grin
Lol
This guy don finish Denreledave grin

You're very wicked grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by emmaodet: 8:08am On Jun 23, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Well, if a poor guy like u marries Linda Ikeji, how won’t it benefit u??

But will she?
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by luminouz(m): 8:09am On Jun 23, 2020
purplecoco:
Who gives a rat ass if y'all buy a ring? Shit i can buy me my own ring and propose to myself undecided. Stop all these deluding bullcrap to keep me shut over my own opinion. If he don't match my grind, there's no reason to bring him to yankee. Lets keep that same energy over here

Who are you really?

Been seeing your comments a lot lately!
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by DenreleDave(m): 8:14am On Jun 23, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Ọmọ herlay
Oh low ree bu ru ku
Ọmọ hofo jarty jarty
Oh nee kure

I'm sure very that's how you've been beating them.

I be Yoruba boy.. We no dey wake our parents with kicks and jabs.. That is popular in ur own tribe na
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Gerrard59(m): 8:15am On Jun 23, 2020
Eileene:
It is only on Nairaland that people seem not to want to get married.
The people I know around me are all getting married.

Which is why social media is not a reflection of actual reality anywhere in the world. The folks I know plan to get married, most postponed due to COVID-19 (which is a global phenomenon) and people still organise wedding ceremonies no matter how small. The vast majority of Nigerians are not on social media neither do they tell their actual lives' activities on social media. Nigeria is conservative country, so when people come on social media and parrot false claims that people aren't getting married, it is pure bunkum. The vast majority of Nigerians will get married at some point in their lives, whether they have happy marriages depend on their definition of happiness.

It is like people don't know the country they live in and think it is one liberal and woke paradise.

2 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Tozic: 8:15am On Jun 23, 2020
Rilwayne001:

Spoke with a babe yesterday, and she was like, she's ready to manage with a man that has a net worth of N1billion shocked grin cheesy I laughed so tey I shook my head for her.

grin

does she have such money to even mandate you on the amount of money she'd manage? these gold diggers shouldn't see men as a catalyst and as a stepping stone to their poverty alleviation scheme.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by purplecoco(f): 8:15am On Jun 23, 2020
luminouz:

Who are you really?

Been seeing your comments a lot lately!
who is me? Is there a problem as to who I am? undecided That's a lie! I'm not even an active member
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 23, 2020
DenreleDave:

I be Yoruba boy.. We no dey wake our parents with kicks and jabs.. That is popular in ur own tribe na
Lol
My tribe indeed grin
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Eileene(f): 8:17am On Jun 23, 2020
Gerrard59:
As usual, the notion of people not getting married are mainly propagated by folks in their early 20s and early 30s. Yet again, in reality, I do see wedding photos of friends and acquaintances on Facebook and even people I don't know on Twitter. Although, the pandemic has slowed down everything (same thing everywhere), people will still and do get married. The notion of "get a babymama" sounds good (I had similar thoughts then) but upon research that the vast majority of well groomed children come from TWO PARENT HOUSEHOLDS than single parenthood coupled with the increasing costs of taking care of children, getting a partner is necessary. Also, in a conservative society like Nigeria, no responsible father or mother will betrothe their daughter in the name of baby mama. None! You people on social media tend to think you live in a liberal country (in actual liberal countries, the majority of truant kids come from single parent homes) where you can wake up one morning and impregnate a responsible lady and allow to be a baby mama. Before you mention Chioma and Co, those are exceptions not the norm. The vast majority of Nigerians will get married, yes; feminism is on the rise (my major issue regarding marriage in this age) but don't consider so-called Nigerian feminists as they too desire to get married (the majority of so-called feminists in Nigeria are at best fraudulent in their beliefs), the economy has declined (which will continue considering the stoopid politicians' policies) but last I checked, humans are social beings and will need a steady not one-off companion at a stage in their lives.
You've said it all, i attended a wedding last Saturday and I have another one to attend next month,so who are these getting married spirits or aliens.
Don't believe everything u hear on net cos majority of us are hypocrites
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by McBrooklyn(m): 8:18am On Jun 23, 2020
FreeSpirited:
If no woman will prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that she's worth a longtime investment and that she will really make marriage worth it for me, forget it, I may not marry cos I can't see what's in it for me that I can't get without it

If I desperately need a child, I will impregnate a stable working class lady. If I needed food badly, I would employ a cook. If pvssy is my issue, I will get on short fvckmate dates..or FWB.

But for the stress of a nagging, fickle wife and the overwhelming responsibility of marriage, a woman has to convinced me it's worth it, that she will give me rest. otherwise, I will live my life as detailed above, and pursue my own personal ambition. I know what makes me happy at my present age. And I can't see marriage in the picture of my happiness until I'm proven wrong by a woman.

Ditto! cool
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Gerrard59(m): 8:20am On Jun 23, 2020
MostIncredibleDFirst:
Nigerian girls are making marriage unattractive for men of today. Nigerian girls are mainly to be blamed for the failure of marriages and the lack of desire by men to marry. Marriage is now viewed as a risky adventure by men who are successful in life. To avoid stress, the baby mama option is now the preferred option. Nigerian girls should change their ways and have a good orientation about life.

You write as if these men are any better considering that most social ills are committed by Nigerian men. Both genders are at fault if there are errors.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by stacyadams: 8:20am On Jun 23, 2020
MrNipplesLover:
Pls, why are females not commenting or contributing to this topic.

I'm not seeing female's comments. wetin happen naaah? abi all of dem dey do menstruation today ni?

later now, una go say 'women run the world'.

abeg, I want to read from females too. abi una dey fear? grin
grin grin

U won't see them,,they think they are doing men they don't know they RE doing themselves
grin..let them continue

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Plans To Get Arrested Over These Pretty South African Police Officers. PICS / "I Go To Hotel Rooms To Read Bible And Sleep With Guys Inside Church"- Slay Mama / Why Are South African Women Crazy About Naija Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.