Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? (77075 Views)

Is Anything Wrong In Dating A Taller Lady Or A Shorter Guy / What's Going On Between My Oga's Daughter And I? / Dating Going Wrong, Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by DenreleDave(m): 6:33am On Jun 23, 2020
FuckTheWorld:

Illiteracy!
Your English language teacher needs serious beating...
When you type faster than you think, you start throwing shots everywhere grin

F**l.. You shud no some were skipped.....

Lack of manners
Your f*there and ur m*ther needs serious beating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by DenreleDave(m): 6:34am On Jun 23, 2020
Hndrrxxx:
You no Dy hear word chai na how many times these ladies go report you to me If them ban you now you will start cussing out

Who report mi?
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 23, 2020
SmartPolician:

It can only happen in a shameless family.

You see, when one of my elder sisters got married, she gave us guys her husband's phone number to call him once in a while to keep up with him.

However, he specifically warned that no one should ask him for a favour. If you need a favour from him, it must pass through her.

That way, she will weigh it to know if she will do it for you without getting him involved, pass it on to her husband herself or drop it at once.

That's common sense

Again, the story you read, if it ever happened, can only happen in a shameless family.

Your sister has done well.

Why do you think the story isn’t true? If you were the dude, how would you have handled it? Would you have accepted your share in peace?

1 Like

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by jericco1(m): 6:35am On Jun 23, 2020
Marriage is an outdated form of bondage undecided

9 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Ibrahim8kay(m): 6:37am On Jun 23, 2020
GODPUNISHUNA:
I am scared of marriage. With what I see everyday. Even in the office there is a married woman that's being disturbing my life, I warned her to stay off or I report to HR. Married couples don't hide it anymore.

It's like the western system of open marriages is now accepted here, where each partner sleeps around with whomever they want to. No trust anymore.

Nah I'm not even thinking of marriage anytime soon
So Bros if the woman use hand touch you grin
You no go think am twice
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Rilwayne001: 6:40am On Jun 23, 2020
Tozic:
when the ladies were saying they don't do broke guys, and that you must have six digit in ur account before they put u into consideration you'd think silent guys ain't taking note of these. No one talks about Love. Only money.

op, that's awareness, and it feels good not risking your destiny to a liability.

Spoke with a babe yesterday, and she was like, she's ready to manage with a man that has a net worth of N1billion shocked grin cheesy I laughed so tey I shook my head for her.

grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by SmartPolician: 6:43am On Jun 23, 2020
0KNM:

Your sister has done well.

Why do you think the story isn’t true?

That's because it doesn't make any sense to me. That's why I kept saying that the family is shameless

If you were the dude, how would you have handled it? Would you have accepted your share in peace?

I would simply tell them that I do not have money. Funnily enough, the guy does not earn so much.

Given how the father-in-law taxed the guy when he wanted to marry his daughter (the poster), I would never give them a kobo.

Financial support to fathers-in-law should never be imposed on a guy. Else, the guy would lose the respect he has for his wife and her family. (Here's why my sister did that)

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by witworth(m): 6:45am On Jun 23, 2020
profilemessages:
To me its seems people don't want to end up in divorce or on any other problems and issues related with marriage any longer.
All that is usually seen are single guys still remaining single for along time.

Or am I dreaming or something

What do you think?
global warming is the reason.
Ask another question.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by mrkings84(m): 6:46am On Jun 23, 2020
SmartPolician:

Kindly share the link with me

I want to see it

What link man?
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by ejimatic: 6:47am On Jun 23, 2020
profilemessages:
To me its seems people don't want to end up in divorce or on any other problems and issues related with marriage any longer.

What do you think?
. A lot of factors contribute to the rate of singleness in Africa and Nigerian to be precise. 1.Poor economy. Many men are jobless. They hardly feed themselves let alone feeding another mouths. 2 The educated Nigerians want a better life for . their families .How will this be possible without any job? The still remain single as a result. 3 Divorce and separation rates even discourage many men from marriage. 4 Many who live together today are not married legally so that if there is a problem either of the party can go away.5.Some men have life goals and they want to achieve them before marriages. Results: 1. 3 out of 100 of cases of men and ladies living together are in cohabitation for they want to be free to get out of condition if there is a problem. Remember no legal marriage between them 2 Many children are born without marriages.3 Many men are carrying different ladies to satisfy their sexual urges. . Conclusion : In Africa America and Europe, single parents are increasing daily , divorce rates are alarming , ladies who are still single are in their thousands and it seems this trend will continue as it is.Only God can redeem the situation.

3 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by SmartPolician: 6:49am On Jun 23, 2020
mrkings84:

What link man?

The goddess story you mentioned
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Passionate1(m): 6:51am On Jun 23, 2020
Una dey complain say life too hard but una no want join sowore and do the needful. .
Complaining adds no value to this world. Instead of complaining about the challenges you are facing, Your time is better spent finding a solution and putting that solution into action.

1 Like

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by jrusky(m): 6:53am On Jun 23, 2020
Sorry 85% of ladies out there are worst than delilah + Jesebel put together they will hook you up and ruin your destiny.

8 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Dasgoro: 6:56am On Jun 23, 2020
When your singlehood expire, you will marry
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by DaRuud(m): 6:58am On Jun 23, 2020
Back in those days , it's hard to see the bra strap or pant colour of a lady let alone have sex with them but today so many girls are so cheap

profilemessages:

What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by mrkings84(m): 6:58am On Jun 23, 2020
SmartPolician:

The goddess story you mentioned
Ok, don't think I still remember the platform where I read that... But will check
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by LoveJesus87(m): 7:00am On Jun 23, 2020
okoroemeka:
honestly I can say companionship but could also be achieved by not getting married,social media has given women the freedom they needed for thousands of years to advertise themselves and meet various exotic men,i am now married for 20 years now but this days of social media has made me not to look too deeply into most things ,you just have to develop an open mind when staying with women of nowadays.
20 years married now? How did you do it? Na was o

1 Like

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by emmaodet: 7:01am On Jun 23, 2020
bigpicture001:
The cost of getting a wife is too much to bear on a dieing economy

1. You move away from one self con to a 2bedroom or rm ND palour self con

2. U start to furnish it
3.you get a car
4.you continue saving for bride prize and wedding and honey moon all at once...
While doing this you will renew your rent twice.
5.b4 life of man and wife begins with daily expenses on your head......

Guy! Load is too heavy

Is this not what have been saying on NL since?
Las las, reality go hit a lot of people.

2 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Coldie(m): 7:01am On Jun 23, 2020
The high level of unemployment is killing us.

I know people that poverty has made them begin to look like 17years old boys, u would be seeing them around teenagers and they would be greeting u Sir anything for the boys, but u won't know that they are 35and above.

They don't roll with their mates in females because maybe to them they have nothing to offer yet. They still live in their parents house

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by LoveJesus87(m): 7:03am On Jun 23, 2020
Edyice:

Stay single and flirt with any one you like..

Best advice ever !!!
yes but no heaven for you
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by SmartPolician: 7:09am On Jun 23, 2020
edunaragold:
i had a good job working with FG and for 4 good yes I kept on loving one useless lady planing and saving to get married, but she told me she don't want to suffer oo, and marriage is not a bed of roses, she told me she don't want to settle for less, am like wait so even with FG work am still less.

No be FG job be the koko

The key question is, "How much is your salary?"

Let's face it, there are thousands of hustlers on the street making money you guys can only wish you could get. What mostly give federal workers too much money is tips from fraud. You will know this if you live in Abuja.

You see, those hustlers keep calling you 'sir' and your head go dey swell up. grin You don't know that they are only interested in your money.

However, the best part of your job is pension and gratuity - something that happens when a man cannot hustle anymore. It's awesome!

Again, I must not rule out that people in oil and gas sector of government ministries, antigraft agencies (like the EFCC), finance (like CBN) and health sector are well paid.

If a lady has dated one contractor or small-scale seller, her orientation about guys may not be the same. The fact is, one supply or contract those guys do can fetch what a federal worker earns in 6 months (I know people like that). It even gets more interesting if he is a big-time spender. A government employee is NEVER extravagant.

I personally quit from my salaried job to enter the street when I realized this. And I consider that my best career decision. While most of us weren't taught entrepreneurship in school, nothing compares to working for oneself.

14 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Youngzedd(m): 7:13am On Jun 23, 2020
profilemessages:

What do you think?

Because marriage of this century is a setup. Majority of it a full time scam setup to milk men dry.

There's nothing new in marriage now a single guy don't enjoy, so why the need.

Whisper: Marriage favours women.

When you get married, you will become official maga (ATM).

No body have been able to sell marriage to me. They just keep running away.

Getting married in this century is a luxury.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Blackbishop(m): 7:16am On Jun 23, 2020
Abeg no come for me oooo na my mind I pour out.... Marrying a a Yoruba gal should be part of 1000 ways to die. Marrying an Igbo woman should be added to one way to go broke.

I have had my share of dating mostly girls that see themselves as feminist, do you even want to comprehend how they demand without bringing anything or how they feel they deserve the whole world without showing signs of remorse for any wrong doing.

Imagine I dated one who says I shouldn't say sorry again if we had issues just bcuz she herself can't say it. It crazy world out there with them...
Team baby mama now if I must consider sef
Money must be made

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Roon9(m): 7:17am On Jun 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Most niggarrrs are now real niggarrrz
Them don realize say marriage na scam

Make God give us the kind money way we dey find
Na baby Mama sure pass anyday anytime twice on Monday
Marriage na overrated dog shiitt
We don realize say Couples are enduring and pretending. The sexual excitement after marriage is gone! They don't love themselves anymore.
Na when i tell one girl make she spend one week with me i take know. After three days my dickk nor dey get excited again and i was no longer comfortable with her being around
Unionism and marriage na scam

I'm sure you don't have sisters. If you do you must really hate them
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by NairalandSARS: 7:24am On Jun 23, 2020
Nothing great about it.
Na scam.

5 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Urchmahn(m): 7:26am On Jun 23, 2020
heyy guys y'all getting it all wrong...the bible says he who finds a wife finds a good thing. its another stage of life. and God has to be the sole foundation of every marriage. I see a lot of comments in as much as some wants to flirt,also remember there are lots of diseases.. we all need to check ourselves are we really keeping God's commandment?. if you find a wayward girl you mite/can as well change her life..most of the world problems is sin! may God help us

3 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by emmaodet: 7:26am On Jun 23, 2020
COOL10:
Lol. We're still in the early stages and you're complaining. cheesy.

grin

Just wait for the next 20years, it will really be very very obvious.

4 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by tydi(m): 7:30am On Jun 23, 2020
Yankee101:
Oyinbo divorce rate is 50%

You watch too much TV

You and your likes who quoted me concerning the whites divorce rate need to stop seeing foreign movies the most ASAP and grasp reality, to had believed their divorce rate is higher than that of blacks most commonly with Nigeria couples is risible. FYI. I base abroad.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Youngzedd(m): 7:32am On Jun 23, 2020
GODPUNISHUNA:
I am scared of marriage. With what I see everyday. Even in the office there is a married woman that's being disturbing my life, I warned her to stay off or I report to HR. Married couples don't hide it anymore.

It's like the western system of open marriages is now accepted here, where each partner sleeps around with whomever they want to. No trust anymore.

Nah I'm not even thinking of marriage anytime soon

Take a look at this post >> https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2670478166503596&id=100006243157247
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by tydi(m): 7:39am On Jun 23, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

Nonsense. Whites are worse. Divorce rates among white Americans for 1st marriage is more than 50%

You and your likes who quoted me concerning the whites divorce rate need to stop seeing foreign movies the most ASAP and grasp reality, to had believed their divorce rate is higher than that of blacks most commonly with Nigeria couples is risible. FYI. I base abroad.
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 23, 2020
Cheating is now the order of the day. Better to stay single for your own peace of mind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Plans To Get Arrested Over These Pretty South African Police Officers. PICS / "I Go To Hotel Rooms To Read Bible And Sleep With Guys Inside Church"- Slay Mama / Why Are South African Women Crazy About Naija Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.