Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,037 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? (77043 Views)

Is Anything Wrong In Dating A Taller Lady Or A Shorter Guy / What's Going On Between My Oga's Daughter And I? / Dating Going Wrong, Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
Malik1338:

Late night on max FM
shocked shocked shocked Oga Malik, do I know you? How you take know say I dey listen to Apata? Lol

I actually saw the thread here on NL though

2 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by petitejolie(f): 11:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
MaziIgwe007:
To me, everyone is crazy.
no money, too much demands, seeing how the whites are living there's happily without being married but a lot of kids. All this makes one think marriage isn't necessary again...

I was even expecting to see a lot of low key marriages due covid-19, but I haven't seen a lot actually
but its different case from my end here. I see guys taking the bull by the horn . small boys o that are under 35

5 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by SamOgasco(m): 12:01am On Jun 23, 2020
Money things most time. Nobody never want to marry. But money is now lacking nko?
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by offset67(m): 12:02am On Jun 23, 2020
Chase a cheque never Chase a b!tch

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 23, 2020
0KNM:
After you don marry finish, you brother inlaw wants to marry, they’ll now be giving you your own share of the marriage expenses. And if you ignore, your wife calls you ‘irresponsible’ man. Chai! This life no just balance
lolz

4 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by qtx(m): 12:04am On Jun 23, 2020
For lockdown security reason, It is understandable
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 23, 2020
petitejolie:
but its different case from my end here. I see guys taking the bull by the horn . small boys o that are under 35
Under 35 are small boys??
Ladies are rude, no be small shocked

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by DonDraper66: 12:04am On Jun 23, 2020
Too many people have joined their ancestors because of marriage. Some people prefer to be addressed as single mum or dad to avoid too many obstacles in marriage

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 23, 2020
Seun should marry first. Abeg undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:05am On Jun 23, 2020
Someone have to remind OP that churches, reception, event centre have been shut down due to covid 29 pandemic.
It's been long OP attend wedding that's why he is venting his frustration embarassed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by freesoul12: 12:06am On Jun 23, 2020
Na today reality be that. Na who wan marry wahala. Guys now value and cherish their peace than anything. Marriage is not an achievement.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Yankee101: 12:08am On Jun 23, 2020
Ladies no gree enter this thread. Pele. Doh. Kedu. Sannu. Anya

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by tesseract: 12:08am On Jun 23, 2020
Due to financial constraints, some men cannot risk it. Also, the rate of infidelity is daily on a steady rise, although not all men/women are promiscuous, but it's also a cause for concern. Even to marry a girl with rich parents is a major risk... Alas, you'll see how her family will treat their not so wealthy brother in-laws. The men stand a great risk of being turned to errand boys for everyone in the family.
I know they say have faith that everything will turn out well, but seriously, sometime in matters like this, you must face reality. Even Adam had the means to survive before God sent Eve to him. May God help us. undecided

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Depressedkidd: 12:08am On Jun 23, 2020
Wetin who marry gain? If you ask who don marry Wetin him gain wey e for nor gain outside marriage, something special, he go tell you nothing. Say even peace of mind nor come dey again. Marriage na scam.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 23, 2020
Kaolaniyi:
I think for many are not financially buoyant while guess want to finish their education before they marry

In today's Nigeria, marrying a female graduate is not advisable. Girls dey fucck anyhow for university. Once a man marry a graduate, there is a high probability that the girl will cheat in marriage with her exes from her uni days.

If you are a guy and you are seeing this message, abeg nor marry graduate oh. Them done damage their body for uni

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by xklusivej(m): 12:09am On Jun 23, 2020
hmmm am just passing tru....
Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by FreeSpirited: 12:10am On Jun 23, 2020
If no woman will prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that she's worth a longtime investment and that she will really make marriage worth it for me, forget it, I may not marry cos I can't see what's in it for me that I can't get without it

If I desperately need a child, I will impregnate a stable working class lady. If I needed food badly, I would employ a cook. If pvssy is my issue, I will get on short fvckmate dates..or FWB.

But for the stress of a nagging, fickle wife and the overwhelming responsibility of marriage, a woman has to convinced me it's worth it, that she will give me rest. otherwise, I will live my life as detailed above, and pursue my own personal ambition. I know what makes me happy at my present age. And I can't see marriage in the picture of my happiness until I'm proven wrong by a woman which I know itst gonno be hard...cos I can't even trust my wife.

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Ilekokonit: 12:10am On Jun 23, 2020
profilemessages:
To me its seems people don't want to end up in divorce or on any other problems and issues related with marriage any longer.
All that is usually seen are single guys still remaining single for along time.

Or am I dreaming or something

What do you think?

Men have realised that Marriage is a zero sum game where they lose out any way they play it because women are no longer soft hearted. No man wants to live in the same house with a woman who acts like a man. Today's women have no iota of femininity.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by tydi(m): 12:12am On Jun 23, 2020
Baloranking:
grin grin grin

Eye don tear, nobody wants to be committed to anything as they feel it's slavery.

Entitlement for Nigerian girls,they want the whole world but can't bring anything to the table.

Not to even talk about the amount of brideprice these days, plus the girl demanding an expensive wedding after giving her all that she start nagging 2years into the marriage grin

The rate of cheating this days is too much, someone knows someone that knows someone,that has bleeped your girlfriend or boyfriend.grin

Omo to marry for naija na suffer as a man it should be in your top 5 prayer points to leave this shit hole,get a life and a better wife so you can enjoy your future.

You are truly a king. Don't marry anybody that you know you know someone who has bleeped her, I'm not saying we haven't been used and dumped by another person but its not advisable.

In my case, my distant cousin has slept with my ex wife which I saw the evidence but was blinded for what I had for her then and proceeded, but anytime I want to really push forward and show her that I loved her for real that picture keeps playing in my head and everything i had to prove my love for her will just go flat like a flaccid d!ck. But she keeps thinking I hated her but I don't, but we men does a lot of thinking and the pic must always come to our mind. So its not encouraging at all.

Modified ;

The best union is interracial union. Marry a white lady and enjoy a true genuine love. Haven't you asked your self why the whites marry at a very young age cus they love for real.

Here where I base you will see a young white lady of prolly 19 to 21 already married putting on her wedding ring and with her very young husband too and prolly a kid of theirs. Cus their love is genuine and when dey fall out of love which is very rare at atmost 0.001per dey divorce than pretending for their selfish gain.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by nedekid: 12:13am On Jun 23, 2020
Carchoice:
married for 20 years? shocked You na ancestors o. Elder gods
me sef. Close to that.

7 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by nedekid: 12:14am On Jun 23, 2020
tydi:

You are truly a king. Don't marry anybody that know you know someone has bleeped, I'm not saying we haven't been used and dumped by another person but its not advisable.

In my case, my distant cousin has slept with my ex wife which I saw the evidence but was blinded for what I had for her then and proceeded, but anytime I want to really push forward and show her that I loved her for real that picture keeps playing in my head and everything i had to prove my love for her will just go flat like a flaccid d!ck. But she keeps thinking I hated her but I don't, but we men does a lot of thinking and the pic must always come to our mind. So its not encouraging at all.
You are 100% right.

4 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 23, 2020
michaelpop50:

In today's Nigeria, marrying a female graduate is not advisable. Girls dey fucck anyhow for university. Once a man marry a graduate, there is a high probability that the girl will cheat in marrige with her exes from her uni days.

If you are a guy and you are seeing this message, abeg nor marry graduate oh. Them done damage their body for uni
Rubbish. Absolute nonsense.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by stevups(m): 12:20am On Jun 23, 2020
aristocrazzy:
Madam no vex na condition make crayfish bend. I swear I go don marry by now
Your answer is my answer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 23, 2020
Ilekokonit:

Men have realised that Marriage is a zero sum game where they lose out any way they play it because women are no longer soft hearted. No man wants to live in the same house with a woman who acts like a man. Today's women have no iota of femininity.
Go to the sensible places you will find them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by COOL10(m): 12:21am On Jun 23, 2020
Lol. We're still in the early stages and you're complaining. cheesy.

10 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by stevups(m): 12:24am On Jun 23, 2020
Marriage is a scam

6 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by Liposure: 12:26am On Jun 23, 2020
The world has changed from what it used 2 be. This days, babymama craze, high cost of bride price, high cost of relationships, low level of commitment, harsh economy has affected the urge 2 get married. Nobody is ready 2 take the risk. It takes a bold man 2 walk down the aisle eventually

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by purplecoco(f): 12:27am On Jun 23, 2020
This is real life sad. grin Nobody is all into marriage no more, things are really happening.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by medolab90(m): 12:27am On Jun 23, 2020
michaelpop50:

In today's Nigeria, marrying a female graduate is not advisable. Girls dey fucck anyhow for university. Once a man marry a graduate, there is a high probability that the girl will cheat in marriage with her exes from her uni days.

cheesy cheesy
This your own advise be one kind o cheesy make we no marry Graduate who we wan kan marry.... village girl abi??

Bro Las Las nothing sure for this life na to risk am just be sure of what you are risking.

13 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by medolab90(m): 12:28am On Jun 23, 2020
SegFault:

Rubbish. Absolute nonsense.

You sef see am cheesy Las Las everybody get him own opinion

5 Likes

Re: Don't People Want To Marry Again? What's Going Wrong In Our Society? by stevups(m): 12:28am On Jun 23, 2020
I have a lady that wanted to marry me but each time I went to her house I met different types of guys. They are all her friends. Sometimes they sleep in her house, so I just gave up

36 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lady Exposes Cheating Husband, Shares Photo Of Him Romancing Married Colleague / Ghanaian Couple Stuck In Each Other While Having Sex / Why Are South African Women Crazy About Naija Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.