Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend (88981 Views)

Bitter South African Politician Removes Transformer After Election Loss / Japan: Man Spends Over $20,000 To Transform Into 'human Dog', Takes First Walk. / Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by phranklyn92(m): 12:04pm On Jun 30, 2020
TMKsouth:

This is a rare case in South Africa.

MODIFIED: A lot of u are mentioning me incensed by this statement above. Well, it's the truth so live with it. Not my fault you tarnished your own reputation through global fraud.

P. S. This statement is directed at the haters and not ALL my Nigerian peeps.
slowpoke

2 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by lucasalves: 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Black South Africans are the ones with the power to approve or tear your toilet paper passport apart,and you go beg for their VISA daily under the skin-peeling temperatures of Makoko.So you live at our mercy grin and basically you are our slaves.

Nigerians only live in the skid row parts of cities where no South Africans of any colour are found.We are not devided in our disdain for Nigerians.Why do you think the Apartheid government sealed the borders tight so that you kwerekweres don't come in? grin

hahahha the irony of black south African praising the apartheid government.. you can't make this shit up

1 Like

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by JaceBlaze: 12:05pm On Jun 30, 2020
lucasalves:

I think you don Bleep up... plus pls when you bring up stats pls make sure to provide a source for this baseless claims... like I could say 95% of south African men are rapist, is it true?? who knows I guess we will never figure that one out. You would know the importance of citation if you ever passed through my Makoko school or better still you will learn the meaning of the word proof...

Is this a cop-out?
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by lucasalves: 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Is this a cop-out?
in your dreams bottom feeder

1 Like

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by James4bright(m): 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Black South Africans are the ones with the power to approve or tear your toilet paper passport apart,and you go beg for their VISA daily under the skin-peeling temperatures of Makoko.So you live at our mercy grin and basically you are our slaves.

Nigerians only live in the skid row parts of cities where no South Africans of any colour are found.We are not devided in our disdain for Nigerians.Why do you think the Apartheid government sealed the borders tight so that you kwerekweres don't come in? grin

The last time I checked, a good number of Black South Africans live in slums.

You don't have a say of what goes on in the cities. No Nigerian would want to live in a slum. White South Africans don't even like Black South Africans. Y'all live separately. Lmao.

No one likes black South Africans even other Africans too. Like I said, I won't be living with the blacks in SA, rather just the whites. So I've got no business with you.

2 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by lucasalves: 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Is this a cop-out?
plus remember it's proof (these are the smart South Africans?)
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Dexter23401: 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2020
Crime has no nationality or tribe, I hope people will understand now.
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by majamajic(m): 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:

The guy you quoted is from South Africa.

I know , that's why I went straight to point
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by biggy26: 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2020
tillaman:
Funny thing is if he was a Nigerian you will find them South Africans masturbatingg Over this on SM, Twitter no go rest that day, always looking for the slightest opportunity to talk down on Nigerians, we won’t see them now!!
Eres una Marica
You can create a hashtag on twitter let's follow
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by JaceBlaze: 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2020
Elvis778:

I bet the number is not upto 2% (or even 1%) of the entire Nigerians in South Africa, is it??
I also know that Nigerians in South Africa does not represent the entire well meaning Nigerians all around the world,
I'm also aware that a very good number of the so called Nigerians in South African prison were wrongly accused and forcefully detained, also, some claim to be Nigerians whereas they aren't.....
I am also aware that more South Africans are in your prison more than the whole foreigners combined,which means you ain't a saint either...

Oh how you figured they were wrongly accused?
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2020
TMKsouth:

The Nigerians in SA are the ones contributing to the fraud levels. That's why SA is sick of them.

lies. South Africans are Kings when it comes to fraud.

Nigerians love washing their dirty linen in public that is why you guys tag us with fraud when you are worst on the average
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Minxie(f): 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
lucasalves:

actually it's simple when you have a population of lazy men in a country they sit on their hands all day and wait for manna from heaven and your women are no better than prostitute... Nigerians can't live like that.. the only reason that country still remain like that is because of the white population... you will see all the black men running around harassing foreigners when all their wealth is controlled by the white population who until a few years ago are still actively chasing them off their own landed property... they are slaves in their country and the best part of it is they don't know

Hi there,

I had to come and correct you on this.

Firstly, let go of the mentally that convinced you that demanding accountability from govern means the person is lazy. The covid19 crisis is hitting everyone hard and across the world governments are providing for their citizens.

Secondly, UIF is a fund that both employer and employee contribute to. The amount you get out depends on the amount you put it. If you have a job, you contribute to this fund. It's an insurance that insures that you have an income should you somehow lose your job while looking for another. So if someone receives R5000 from that fund, it means that they contributed that much to the fund over the years. to be able to contribute, one needs to have a job. To have a job means that one is not lazy. So please, instead of bashing South Africans for having UIF, you should be asking your government why you don't have it.

Lastly, if South Africa decides to give its citizens certain benefits, it's their problem. I'll have you know that there's a fund that also gives money to refugees and asylum seekers in SA. South Africans all contribute to their economy. Even those who work abroad pay tax at home. So if they get support from their governments, commend them on that instead of calling them lazy.

We all work hard here but it is a norm and not something to brag about. Which is why you don't hear us talk about our contributions to society. Just because we don't brag doesn't mean we do nothing.

Please refrain from your hate speech especially when you don't know everything.

I hope you see reason in my words.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by tillaman(m): 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
biggy26:

You can create a hashtag on twitter let's follow
as I no come dey twitter nko grin

1 Like

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 30, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Really?
South Africa, Nigeria, India and Pakistan are in the top 10 countries when it comes to internet fraud. South Africa is actually the country with the least population in the top 10

1 Like

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Elvis778(m): 12:29pm On Jun 30, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Oh how you figured they were wrongly accused?
in a xenophobic ridden country like yours, I don't expect a level playing ground,
if your police officers could shoot and kill some Nigerians in cold blood, infront of their family, no justification (other than he resisted arrest, an unofficial arrest, he had the right to resist an illegal arrest)
I wonder what else they cannot do to these foreigners...

2 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by JaceBlaze: 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2020
lucasalves:

ok just so you know that everything you have said above is nothing but the ranting of an illiterate fool
here goes the dictionary meaning of "proof" idiot
evidence or argument establishing a fact or the truth of a statement.

"you will be asked to give proof of your identity"

synonyms: evidence, verification, corroboration, authentication, confirmation, certification, validation, attestation, demonstration, substantiation, witness, testament, documentation, facts, data, testimony, ammunition

Hwahahaha grin grin

The half-wit,brain-dead illiterate proves once more that his pea-sized brain can't grasp the concept of grammar and how context determines how certain words are used.

Hey!

Look up the word "prove" & "proof" in the dictionary and read that gibberish you wrote earlier and tell me which one best fit your write up.

According to your dead brain,"defense" & "defence" are the same?

poor makoko rat!
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by TMKsouth: 12:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
Lostz:

lies. South Africans are Kings when it comes to fraud.
Nigerians love washing their dirty linen in public that is why you guys tag us with fraud when you are worst on the average

Just admit this is the first time you hear of a South African committing fraud. Your own fraud stories are in global news by the hour. grin

1 Like

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by DexterousOne(m): 12:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
TMKsouth:

It's a fact. Go to "Kenya is Ahead of Nigeria" thread and see how Nigerians are slaughtered there. The Kenyans are witty.

Kenya is ahead of Nigeria indeed
So your judgement of who is smarter is based on what deluded black souls are saying on a particular thread?

Negros never cease to amaze me.

You see, one thing that black folks fail to realise on this continent.....
Is that the entire continent is a disgrace to humanity

The South African (black community) is a disgrace

Kenya is a disgrace

Nigeria is even a disgrace too

Ghana same

Instead of us to reflect on our sorry state (poverty, ignorance and backwardness)
We often come to the net to be arguing about a false sense of superiority undecided

And the world laughs at us in our folly

South Africa has one of the worst unemployment rates in the world (it's even worse when you look at the black youth unemployment figures)

Nigeria has one of the highest out of school children in the world

And Kenya has the biggest urban slums with terrible poverty rates on the continent
(Kibera and co, if I am not mistaken)

Instead of us to be ashamed of ourselves

We will be disturbing the cyber space with noise

2 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Dextre(m): 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
TMKsouth:
In South Africa, a fraudulent Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) payment has resulted in a packer at a paint warehouse becoming an instant millionaire.

Tshepang Phohole received a 5.7 million rands (128 million naira) payout from the UIF which was supposed to go to 1,400 workers for lockdown relief. Instead, he and his family allegedly defrauded the state and went on a massive spending spree. The UIF payment was originally meant to go to CSG Resources, a labour brokerage company, but instead, the funds landed up in Phohole's account.

Thobile Lamati, the director-general of the labour department informed parliament's standing committee on public accounts on Friday that Phohole created a new profile as an employer using CSG's UIF number and entered his own banking details into the system. "When the company tried to access the system, they were blocked. They then requested a new password and were given access. They uploaded their employees, but overlooked the changed banking details," he said.

On the day that the money was paid into Phohole's account, he transferred the money into a number of different ones according to court documents. R1-million to his father Godfrey Mojela, R980 000 to his sister Itumeleng Masoko, R2.3-million to his brother-in-law Tebogo Masoko and R1.25-million to Taetso Zulu. The following 2 days saw the money being exchanged between the accounts. This was an attempt to obfuscate the source of the funds and confuse investigators.

Court papers reveal that the family used the funds to buy new tombstones for late family members and to renovate a cafe.

His mother, Meisie Mojela, described him as a "good boy" who was caring and compassionate - and who had never before found himself on the wrong side of the law.

https://briefly.co.za/69647-tshwane-family-spending-spree-r57m-uif-payment.html

I have been laughing endlessly here reading comments ...I knew it will only take a few seconds before it turn to south africa vs nigeria. Naija,my people..make una face una own problem leave south africa to theirs. Una like amebo fa

1 Like

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by JaceBlaze: 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
Elvis778:

in a xenophobic ridden country like yours, I don't expect a level playing ground,
if your police officers could shoot and kill some Nigerians in cold blood, infront of their family, no justification (other than he resisted arrest, an unofficial arrest, he had the right to resist an illegal arrest)
I wonder what else they cannot do to these foreigners...

So you don't have proof.All that was just you wondering?
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by lucasalves: 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2020
Minxie:

Hi there,

I had to come and correct you on this.

Firstly, let go of the mentally that convinced you that demanding accountability from govern means the person is lazy. The covid19 crisis is hitting everyone hard and across the world governments are providing for their citizens.

Secondly, UIF is a fund that both employer and employee contribute to. The amount you get out depends on the amount you put it. If you have a job, you contribute to this fund. It's an insurance that insures that you have an income should you somehow lose your job while looking for another. So if someone receives R5000 from that fund, it means that they contributed that much to the fund over the years. to be able to contribute, one needs to have a job. To have a job means that one is not lazy. So please, instead of bashing South Africans for having UIF, you should be asking your government why you don't have it.

Lastly, if South Africa decides to give its citizens certain benefits, it's their problem. I'll have you know that there's a fund that also gives money to refugees and asylum seekers in SA. South Africans all contribute to their economy. Even those who work abroad pay tax at home. So if they get support from their governments, commend them on that instead of calling them lazy.

We all work hard here but it is a norm and not something to brag about. Which is why you don't hear us talk about our contributions to society. Just because we don't brag doesn't mean we do nothing.

Please refrain from your hate speech especially when you don't know everything.

I hope you see reason in my words.
smiley

I do see reason in your words. But hate begets hate. We all watched videos of South African men beating up Nigerians and burning Shops belonging to Nigerians, I don't think that's how a civilized country should treat foreigners regardless of what crimes they think they might have committed. Why not go through the proper channel and let the Justice system do its work? If you are telling me to refrain from my hate speech you probably should tell your brothers here the same thing. Long before the Covid pandemic unemployment has been an issue your government has failed to address (same goes for the Nigerian government), at least that was said to be one of the reasons why young south African men were roaming the streets beating up Nigerians and destroying their property. Are there criminals within the Nigerian community there? of course!!! why don't you push for immigration reforms restricting the entry of these individuals?
no Nigerian is asking you to worship them because they work hard but I do hope you know when your country men get on a Nigerian platform branding all Nigerians as criminals, that can be insulting to the millions of hardworking ones who are like you disgusted about the actions of the criminal elements... so how about call out hate speech on both sides.

2 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by lucasalves: 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Hwahahaha grin grin

The half-wit,brain-dead illiterate proves once more that his pea-sized brain can't grasp the concept of grammar and how context determines how certain words are used.

Hey!

Look up the word "prove" & "proof" in the dictionary and read that gibberish you wrote earlier and tell me which one best fit your write up.

According to your dead brain,"defense" & "defence" are the same?

poor makoko rat!

like I said you are showing your ass... and who is talking about defense and defence?? seems like you are learning new things today. Glad to be part of your learning experience.
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by JaceBlaze: 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
Lostz:
South Africa, Nigeria, India and Pakistan are in the top 10 countries when it comes to internet fraud. South Africa is actually the country with the least population in the top 10

And have you checked the population of Nigerians in those countries? please do,and you will know why those countries are on the list.
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Olayetan(m): 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2020
Nbote:
Abeg na d govt make d mistake jare... D guy simply cashed out d from d mistake made by d fund administrators.

Exactly, the blaim should be placed on the person that transferred the fund...
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Reckyd123(m): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2020
Just STFU because South Africa is even worse. Can a South African work anywhere without making a "plan"? What happens to the daily cash in transit heist happens almost on daily basis before lockdown? What about Bathobile Mlangeni that works with SBV that walked away with R4million in February. What about the ones in court for the VBS case termed the biggest fraud case in south Africa. What's happening in eskom, Prasa, arms deal, morning etc. Is your police not corrupt? What of the fraud at SARS? What of the daily mugging of people everywhere? What if the daylight killings of your countrymen. What of your women and children that are killed in 100s everyday? Ehat about the taxi killings. Are you forgetting the gang wars everywhere. Whst about the lady that was rape, killed and hanged with her 8 months prehnancy? What of the high rate of satanism here. There's even a church of satan niw in CAPE town. The list is endless.

I know Nigeria is not doing well, but don't come here acting as if South Africa is a heaven. Tell me about a country where many children still die inside pit toilets.

So just STFU as crime is not peculiar to a particular nation.

quote author=TMKsouth post=91189311]

MODIFIED: A lot of u are mentioning me incensed by this statement above. Well, it's the truth so live with it. Not my fault you tarnished your own reputation through global fraud.

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Elvis778(m): 12:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
JaceBlaze:

So you don't have proof.All that was just you wondering?
A Nigerian was arrested after having a little quarrel with his South African girlfriend, he left his place for his girlfriend to avoid more trouble, the police arrested him on the way, beat him mercilessly, took him back to his place and beat him more, he was at the point of death, then they took him to their station where they detained him until his death...now they reported he committed suicide in custody...what do you have to say about that?

also, most Nigerians that have been to South Africa don't think the "criminal thingy" is why you guys hate us, they think it's cuz u feel they came to take what's yours, your jobs, women, etc....and that's the reason u attack all foreigners and not just Nigerians, pretending you are fighting crime (I don't see how u fight crime by looting legit shops and burning legit cars)
someone personally said he heard some hotel workers saying "he is one of the Nigerians that come to take our jobs" not "he is one of the Nigerians that come to sell drugs"...

1 Like

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
JaceBlaze:

And have you checked the population of Nigerians in those countries? please do,and you will know why those countries are on the list.

how many Nigerians are in Pakistan?

South Africa? are they up to 5m? you guys involve in fraud and also cover it up?

South Africans are not only fraudsters but hypocrites.

if this was done by a Nigerian, you will be on Twitter trying to make it trend

2 Likes

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by TMKsouth: 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2020
Reckyd123:
Just STFU because South Africa is even worse. Can a South African work anywhere without making a "plan"? What happens to the daily cash in transit heist happens almost on daily basis before lockdown? What about Bathobile Mlangeni that works with SBV that walked away with R4million in February. What about the ones in court for the VBS case termed the biggest fraud case in south Africa. What's happening in eskom, Prasa, arms deal, morning etc. Is your police not corrupt? What of the fraud at SARS? What of the daily mugging of people everywhere? What if the daylight killings of your countrymen. What of your women and children that are killed in 100s everyday? Ehat about the taxi killings. Are you forgetting the gang wars everywhere. Whst about the lady that was rape, killed and hanged with her 8 months prehnancy? What of the high rate of satanism he[b]re. There's even a church of satan niw in CAPE town. The list is endless.

I know Nigeria is not doing well, but don't come here acting as if South Africa is a heaven. Tell me about a country where many children still die inside pit toilets.
[/b]
So just STFU as crime is not peculiar to a particular nation.

quote author=TMKsouth post=91189311]

I'm the one who posted about the Church of Satan so I'm hiding NOTHING about SA. Here we admit our faults whereas you don't. That's why you are upset by my post. You are global leaders in fraud - FACT - deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by JaceBlaze: 12:51pm On Jun 30, 2020
James4bright:

The last time I checked, a good number of Black South Africans live in slums.

You don't have a say of what goes on in the cities. No Nigerian would want to live in a slum. White South Africans don't even like Black South Africans. Y'all live separately. Lmao.

No one likes black South Africans even other Africans too. Like I said, I won't be living with the blacks in SA, rather just the whites. So I've got no business with you.

Black South Africans account for the large percentage of the middle class not only in South Africa,but we also make the biggest middle class in Africa.

Last time I checked it was the black municipality that runs Johannesburg and do all the maintenance in our smooth tar road highways so your statement is shaky.Btw where I live in have four white households as neighbours and I never thought it was a big deal.Such things only fascinate dark kwerekweres from West Africa grin grin

The same Africans who force themselves on us even when we have proven time a time again that we don't need them? cheesy

Also do you know that the same white South Africans don't like renting their properties to Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by JaceBlaze: 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
lucasalves:

in your dreams bottom feeder

But it read like one.
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by TMKsouth: 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
Dextre:

I have been laughing endlessly here reading comments ...I knew it will only take a few seconds before it turn to south africa vs nigeria. Naija,my people..make una face una own problem leave south africa to theirs. Una like amebo fa

Lol grin.

Someone mentioned me to say my threads are always divisive and that I stole the flames. But even when I post bad news about SA Nigerians still got no chill. Damned if u do, damned if u don't.
Re: Man Defrauds South African Government Of N128M, Spends It On Family, Girlfriend by JaceBlaze: 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
lucasalves:

hahahha the irony of black south African praising the apartheid government.. you can't make this shit up

Praising or proving that they never loved you either? Stop clutching at straws.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Luiza Rozova: Inside Putin’s Daughter’s Gaudy & Gold-Plated Penthouse (Pictures) / Malia Obama Kissing & Smoking With Her Boyfriend, Rory Farquharson In Public / US Military Disabled Scores Of Planes Before Leaving Kabul Airport (Video Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.