Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her (70939 Views)

I Would Have Lost My Girl Friend If Followed An Advice I Got Here. / Girlfriend Asked For #100k To Make Her Hair:reaction (pictures) / Retired Nigerian-American Widower Wants To Remarry (Newspaper Advert) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Creeza(m): 10:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:

people's tradition sometimes matters, am just talking about after 30yrs in marriage, already have a child....what next will she be looking for when her child can still give her ground children, people's body and soul are different anyway especially when the man she marry was the only person that has gone down with her and maybe tradition and religion and what people will say
companion sir. Loneliness is bad.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by phemmyfour: 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Guess what her reply was....
Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.
you are immature. The scripture made it clear that a man/woman can re marry if his/her spouse is no more.

Besides, relationship at that age is more about companionship not sex

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Expresswriter: 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2020
cedricksly:

U are really childish... She only gave a harmless suggestion... 5years isn't enough to mourn the dead abi?? Its just in ur mum's nature not to get married again and the decision should be respected, it doesn't mean what she said was out of place.... But would u have called her to thank her if your mum actually agreed when u asked her if she would like to remarry?? Without being told ure behaving like a child even if ure more than 25yrs u still have a child's Mentality by judging an harmless lady over a harmless suggestion....

NOTE: I'm a guy and I don't see anything wrong with what she said. U should readjust ur low Mentality...

God bless you

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by blockgeek69(m): 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2020
Romanoff:
My dad has been dead for 11 years now and I need a man for my mum cause she is going to get lonely. She will be 55 next year, we have started getting married and her youngest child will soon leave her for NYSC.

Loneliness kills. Marriage is till death do any of the parties part.

There is nothing wrong with your girl suggesting your mum remarries, she's obviously more mature than you are.

I hope OP receives sense after reading all this wonderful comments

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by augustab(f): 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2020
Foodqueen:
The truth is sometimes when some girls don't av any reasonable thing to say, they spew rubbish. It's in their DNA.

They don't know that somethings hurt more than sword.

To her, she thinks she was been helpful.

Shut up

9 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by K4daniel: 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2020
The girl was only concern of mummys loneliness, never meant any harm. Please leave the poor girl.

You can imagine love in those days not In this indomie generation. See the mum response.. In those days relationship was well cultured, one man and a woman. No double dating as we have today, leading to so many youths commiting suicide because of break up.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ningen:
Sorry to say, but the dead are dead.
And the world moves on.
It's okay for a 52yr old widow to seek for a man.
It's not all about pleasure but companionship.
Social interaction is key to mental health.
You shouldn't lose trust in your girlfriend.
She said nothing wrong.
In her own way, she cares about your mum.

I agree with your post but not the bolded which is 50-50. She could have said that out of concern for his mom’s wellbeing, or for her self-interest, in a “let the woman find a partner and leave you free for me” kind of way.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by delishpot: 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2020
This is what happens when women date kids.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:26pm On Jul 04, 2020
You reason like a child.You did the lady good by ending it.Nonsense
Mvici:
them no go understand Sha, na me been wear the shoe that day hear wetin she talk, maybe na out of ignorance she take talk amm but seriously from my side which I won't mention..... family members will think u were never loyal throughout those long period....haba! over 30 with a son
No be say hungry dey worry u or ur husband family ain't accommodating.... She might not even be the type cause no one knows tomorrow....it all depends on an individual mindset though.
I broke up with her not even because of that.....that one is a personal matter but the issue of my mum getting another man was really confusing so I wanted to hear more, explore and learn more about marriage which is all about sacrifice.

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by golddare: 10:26pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:
I Lost Confidence In My Girlfriend The Moment She Asked Me To Marry For My Mother.

I had a girlfriend some few months back before the covid 19 outbreak, that was after we went home from school due to the strike and the pandemic, we both are in the same school which is IBB university lapai, in our final.

So at home this faithful day, I put a call through! We both were talking, laughing on phone, so she ask about my mum, I said she was fine and she now ask abt her loneliness because no one at home, I told her but I'm still here with her, she ask what if school resume and what if we should go for our service next year, she now told me to marry another man for my mum.... lol... telling me who knows" that my mum might like the idea if I should table it with her. Gosh! I actually laughed about it then on phone with her but inside me, it wasn't funny at all.

The next day, what she told me was still bordering me, so many things were just running on my mind...so even if by mistake I wife her in future and the Lord decide to take me when we have a grown up child like me, who is planning on becoming a graduate this year and have even spent 30 years in marriage already....she won't even mourn me for long before accepting another man's proposal or bleeping with another man or probably her one time ex.

I decided to ask my mum with play, mum be sincere to me, you and my dad have been married since far back 1986... U both were in marriage for about 30 yrs before he past away few years ago, may his soul rest in peace..this is 5yrs now are you considering on marrying any one or having any kind of body movement or even can stand the presence of another man in your life?

Mum said my dad was the only man she know in her life and that's how it going to remain by God grace, period! and I shouldn't ask her such again with cry/smiles on her face because she has me and I will give her groundchil........

Seriously I don't know why I brought this here but pls tell me, any girl that can ask a 52 Year old woman to re_marry even after she has a child, isn't it clear that she can't stay without having sex to anyone as long as her husband is on a peace keeping mission or even travel abroad?

Thanks everyone.

Sentiments aside she has done nothing wrong. Nobody knows who will die first, she's just being realistic. I have been agitating that my father in law who has been single for 12years now to remarry and my wife cannot even think the way you are thinking. Lastly, the dead has a lot to deal with beyond this.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Jamespatrick45(m): 10:27pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nothing is wrong doing that,

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by crafteck(m): 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2020
You are wicked

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by NaijadrivaCars: 10:28pm On Jul 04, 2020
You see why it is good to marry a virgin who fears God and loves you?

When your mum said that your dad was the only man she knew, that is something something deep.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by babtoundey(m): 10:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
I don't see anything wrong with the advice. It is an advice, a mere suggestion for that matter. It is left to you to take or ignore.
Your girlfriend is being practical and realistic.

Your uncle, brother, best friend or even dad ( if he has a way of reaching you) could have given you the same advice. I think your reaction suggests you are childish.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by dominique(f): 10:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:
I am a man and it is written that men are polygamous in nature and can marry as many as they like even in the old testament we see great men that marry more than one....but I tell u with the way I love that girl before, eventually had it been we later marry...and we had a son, we even spent 30yrs which I know by then i would be probably 60somthing.... seriously I won't really think much of another woman

Where

14 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nnamdi234: 10:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
My friendont use what your girlfriend said which is not bad as a reason to say you lost confidence in her if you dont like her set her free dont make stupid excuses like this
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by OdefaGirl(f): 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:
I am a man and it is written that men are polygamous in nature and can marry as many as they like even in the old testament we see great men that marry more than one....but I tell u with the way I love that girl before, eventually had it been we later marry...and we had a son, we even spent 30yrs which I know by then i would be probably 60somthing.... seriously I won't really think much of another woman

You won't think much cool.... but a little, maybe grin
See, I see it that you are not yet ready to share your mum's care with another man..... because the only person that is supposed to share it with you is your father, this means that you are being jealous and selfish as well. Loosen up dear, there are times you won't be there for her, no matter how you try. But if she's ok staying without a companion.... it's still fine. I even wonder your tone when you were asking her all that.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Look at what he's still saying

Very painful when someone insist on reasoning ignorantly like a child, very painful, that lady will meet a like minded man that will adore and respect her realistic and logical trait.
The OP nor get sense abeg.

He did that lady a favour by ending things with her

10 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by eleko1: 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.
Ur GF mean well. for u/Ur mama.Truth is BITTER and BITTERNESS EMBITTERED life.Even Pastor Kumuyi remarried after the death of his wife

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:

people's tradition sometimes matters, am just talking about after 30yrs in marriage, already have a child....what next will she be looking for when her child can still give her ground grand[color=#990000][/color] children, people's body and soul are different anyway especially when the man she marry was the only person that has gone down with her and maybe tradition and religion and what people will say

All these "ground" children that I'm seeing up and down biko nu. Op spread the virus grin

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Realmargie(f): 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2020
You are definitely reasoning around only sex....bro wake up

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by IamPlato(m): 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2020
Authoreety:
God bless your mum bro...
She'll live to see her 4th generation and beyond if she so desires...

As for your girl, she has a lot to learn... Don't wife her.
you Are Not Normal

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
Your GF is dating someone she's more mature than, she deserves better gaskiya

10 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by AshipaEk0: 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.

You are a big fool.

a child in a man's body.

dumbass

10 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
nzeobi:
My mum is like your mum but it could be that the girl is joking, don't conclude soon.

Or just making conversation. My partner keeps talking about my mother hooking up with a man (at 70 lipsrsealed) but I know it’s just talk. To watch me get uncomfortable and the like, so they can have a laugh at my expense. So yeah, you may be right.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by ibuchukwuumah(m): 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2020
like seriously, if your girlfriend can ask you to remarry for your mom, that means your relationship will soon crash,
because a reasonable girlfriend can't say such.
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
Baba OP, did your mom ever discussed her loneliness with your bae?
Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Expresswriter: 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ramos16:

He is actually quite immature and his girlfriend deserves more than he can offer, the problem is that he doesn't know how immature he is being

Exactly...

He can't see his ignorance yet!

A lot of people who posted before me have said it again and again:
Marriage isn't only about sex but primarily for companionship.

The guy is still a baby to have that lopsided view of his girlfriend

12 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by globalresource: 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.

If you have lost respect for her. Simply leave her. Another guy who values her will pick her up. When has suggestion becomes a crime. Sometimes we just want someone who will rather pretend

10 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:34pm On Jul 04, 2020
delishpot:
This is what happens when women date kids.

I'm telling you

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by franchasng: 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mvici:

Thanks everyone.
Your girlfriend is one of the modern Nigerian feminists trying to copy American lifestyle, discard her, let her go and marry men of her kind; Hushpuppi or Hushpapa aka Buhari angry

Modern feminists love sex and dick more than anything. They maybe pretending to love their job or career, behind that fake love for career or job, is a wild lady who will break any man's dick in the oza room angry

All that runs through the minds of a modern Nigerian feminist is sex, which big dick to ride, which fine boy to crush on. Which successful guys dick to click next, and how to continue looking like old mama youngie even at 60yrs so that they can keep getting small fvckboys to demolish their shrinked pussy angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her by delishpot: 10:35pm On Jul 04, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

I'm telling you

If this was the Olden days when men can decide what happens with their wives after their deaths ehn... That OP would ask that they burry his wife with him cos he can not stand her being with another man after he dies.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Ladies, You Get To Your Boyfriend's Room And Meet This What Will You Do? / "I Have 20k Followers, They Follow Me Because Of My Big Breast" - Lady Says / Ex-Boyfriend Shares Girlfriend's Nudes On Facebook. Nigerians Blast Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.