Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? (41518 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Scared Of Marrying Owerri Girls (picture)? / Why Are Guys Scared Of Approaching Soldier Girls? - Airwoman / please people should Be Marrying Ladies From The South West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by ibkonekt(m): 11:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
because women cannot manage power...it corrupts them

4 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by UniqueQueen12(f): 11:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
ClassicMan202:

You sure say you get car so?? grin

Picture or I don't believe it
That's irrelevant.
You either believe it or not,it doesn't make me less. I gain nothing by proving that. grin
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by ibkonekt(m): 11:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
man has ego, when a woman starts to form independent with him then relationship is over

3 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by AntiWailer: 11:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
Marry from your class.

You can't marry a girl that is driving a car and u expect her to think the way u think when u sit inside commercial Bus.

So when the car has issues and the two of you need to go out, u will still claim u cnt afford Uber or Bolt that she should be understanding.

See Bro, Marry from your class to avoid stories that touch. It should not even be up for debates.

When you marry from your class all the nonsense you need to feed your Ego is readily available. Cont come and stress another person's daughter.

It is that simple.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by ClassicMan202(m): 11:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
UniqueQueen12:
That's irrelevant.
You either believe it or not,it doesn't make me less. I gain nothing by proving that. grin

I just want to confirm if you have a car so I'll go buy that ring I've been pricing... And propose to you sharp sharp grin grin
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Okuda(m): 11:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
1Sharon:

By thinking cars symbolise wealth

do you want to go back and read my first post again?
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by UniqueQueen12(f): 11:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
ClassicMan202:

I just want to confirm if you have a car so I'll go buy that ring I've been pricing... And propose to you sharp sharp grin grin
Let me use my car to propose to you instead cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by ClassicMan202(m): 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
UniqueQueen12:
Let me use my car to propose to you instead cheesy

shocked shocked

Hope you'll kneel down sha grin

1 Like

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Morris2967(m): 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
Blueorb:
Lol
Not really true but guys don't like busty girls, that exactly how most girls are especially the one from rich family, they lack respect and humility [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Osinachi80(m): 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
Inside life
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by udorazzi(m): 11:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
J111333:
Na inferiority complex matter back then.
How bros them go enter okada come dey stop babe for steering wheels? E get as e be to them then but we the today broses don reason the matter say woman na woman even if she dey plane cockpit.

She no go bite person, las las she go say no. grin
#TRU you just hit the nail on the head

1 Like

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by UniqueQueen12(f): 11:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
ClassicMan202:

shocked shocked
Hope you'll kneel down sha grin
I will kneel down on top the bunnet cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by ClassicMan202(m): 11:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
UniqueQueen12:
I will kneel down on top the bunnet cheesy

No o... On the floor, with two knees self tongue
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by UniqueQueen12(f): 11:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
ClassicMan202:

No o... On the floor, with two knees self tongue
Clap for yourself. undecided
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 19, 2020
i think it will be wonderful if the time comes when owing a car in nigeria wont be regarded as a big deal
cos its embarasing riding a 1999 camry model or benz in nigeria and ppl will still be regarding u as a bigboy or a biggirl while in other climes using a prado jeep just fresh out of the factory is regarded as a normal thing.

7 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by ClassicMan202(m): 11:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
UniqueQueen12:
Clap for yourself. undecided

grin grin grin grin

You want to propose na
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by unscripted(m): 11:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
U see ur mentality? So na only ladies earning 30k u dey meet?
sister, please leave this guy alone .. he has a brand new brain..
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by unscripted(m): 11:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kryptonvinyl:
Mehn, why will they na be running?
I believe the way u start a relationship as a guy determines the way it flows. If u meet a rich babe amd start acting inferior, maybe cuz you're intimidated or u beg too much, she won't give u that much respect. A matured broke guy will control his relationship with a rich girl.
Anyways what does a 21yr old single me knows
u know 1 or 2 things ,, u made total sense ...
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by unscripted(m): 11:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
UniqueQueen12:
Lol. Okay make I go sell my car undecided
I go buy ooo, abei na give away ?

1 Like

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by uuzba(m): 11:57pm On Jul 19, 2020
marvelck:
Back in the day, single ladies that own cars were usually advised not to flaunt their cars or let guys know they own a car, in order not to chase men away from marrying them.

Unmarried ladies that own cars then were tagged all sort of names. But a lot has changed since then. Most guys even prefer going after ladies that own cars and houses these days. And e get why �
My sister was doing a simple job and managed to buy one small Toyota.
At that time, her fiance (Now husband), was roaming the street looking for work with 3rd Class degree.
Guy no dey even near our house. Sister was just quiet and prayerful about everything.
Later, the guy threw away all his degree and used SSCE to join Helicopter pilot (Caverten). God save am. They took him. Small money enter him hand, he ran to buy V-Boot 2nd hand Benz.
Immediately he bought that one, he now proposed marriage. Na that time we come dey see him face for our house.
He's still a pilot anyway and has bought 2 other cars. As for my sister she too has bought 2 other cars.
They dashed and sold off the old ones. So they both each have 1 car now

9 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by uuzba(m): 12:05am On Jul 20, 2020
Kryptonvinyl:
Mehn, why will they na be running?
I believe the way u start a relationship as a guy determines the way it flows. If u meet a rich babe amd start acting inferior, maybe cuz you're intimidated or u beg too much, she won't give u that much respect. A matured broke guy will control his relationship with a rich girl.
Anyways what does a 21yr old single me knows know
Just maintain a mature mindset and God will see you through.
It is quite intimidating for your babe to have car and you don't. That is really a time to be very close to God, prayerful, honest and hardworking.

My brother in-law finished with 3rd class. So no hope for him. He later used SSCE certificate to join pilot work. Guy man is flying plane now, driving jeep etc.... Na God save am.

1 Like

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 20, 2020
This topic of discussion is really one I won't miss. I am a graduate and I came from a very humble background. I have set standards. It must not be a car but that lady that have prestige and control over her wealth is what I want. I don't care if I am washing her panties everyday. Guys will attack me but let me say this: you are scared of marrying high placed ladies cos u want to be the head and be respected in all areas. Most of you can't even keep a chicken but u want to be respected and feared! Take my advice, marry a rich lady and remain honored. Even if you are washing her clothes, out there no one will know. Ur family will know that u are up there. Right now, a lady in my home town who works with CBN about 5 years ago when I was still undergraduate picked my mate and married. Today they are still happy together! Guys nowadays just want to eat the ones that have money and run away which is not fair.I can't be poor and still marry a poor woman... cry

1 Like

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by AfroKnight: 12:05am On Jul 20, 2020
angry

You admit that it was in the PAST yet you are bringing this up. Why? You just want to drag men.
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Yankee101: 12:17am On Jul 20, 2020
Men used to cover 100% of home expenses and didn't mind. Infact men will marry a degree holder, place her on a salary, at home.

Igbo men were very good at this. Hausa men still do it till tomorrow. AYou'll get a car, jewelry, holiday etc etc in my house. But you'll cook good food, be hygienic (when men say a woman is dirty it's not only the environment, pvssy needs to be clean too) have our kids and train them. Once in a while we'll bring the business accounts for you to go through. As the kids grow older she can pick less stressful jobs like lecturing etc

Men today are.....efulefu. Sorry

2 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Sarang(f): 12:32am On Jul 20, 2020
Inferiority complex
Egotism
Mumuism
Poverty lovers

Etc
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by sugah: 12:34am On Jul 20, 2020
ENG0701:
I had a female friend that was doing well financially working with a top bank but refused to buy a car so that it wont drive away suitors. I never understood it and I still don't understand it. A guy that won't approach a lady because she has a car has self esteem issues and I'm sure as a lady that is the kind of guy you don't want approaching you.
Exactly my sentiments!!
In my case I even got myself an SUV to further weed off riff raffs and men of low self esteem. grin
That’s why most of them fall into wrong hands, too desperate for marriage they fail to live their lives...forgetting that you can’t find happiness in another human if you aren’t happy yourself.

10 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by pocohantas(f): 12:50am On Jul 20, 2020
sugah:

Exactly my sentiments!!
In my case I even got myself an SUV to further weed off riff raffs and men of low self esteem. grin
That’s why most of them fall into wrong hands, too desperate for marriage they fail to live their lives...forgetting that you can’t find happiness in another human if you aren’t happy yourself.

Thank you my sister. My car is a sedan, but I swapped with my mum’s SUV, since she prefers a sedan. I had people approach me, with or without cars. The stares in traffic on my way home from work were even embarrassing. Driving was just easier for me- a necessity, it wasn’t a status symbol. I took a break from driving for health reasons and now I just want someone’s son to drive me, while I press my phone and massage his laps. grin

12 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Pickieox(m): 12:53am On Jul 20, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:
With marriage, many will have to struggle till they realize that it's nothing real but an imagined social order.

Please, come down to my level, I don't understand this, maybe you should expantiate...
Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 20, 2020
majamajic:
Then men want to be on top , not want be suppressed
But now , I have a friend in lekki his wife pays him salary , he stays at home making sure things are in order , wash her car when she back from work , take and bring the kids back from school . Though he is into system , but they are enjoying their marriage
Then , it's very rare . But now it's common
is this a joke?

2 Likes

Re: Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? by majamajic(m): 1:10am On Jul 20, 2020
yettymuse:
is this a joke?

No , alot of them . Infact in the evening , there's this bar they all normally come , that's when the wives back from work and take over
U need someone ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Beautiful Pre-wedding Pictures Of 2 Lawyers / Single Lady Prays For Husband In 2018 (Photos) / Gambian "Baddie" Bride Passes Her Virginity Test. Gets Cash Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.