Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,569,169 members, 5,944,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 October 2020 at 12:34 PM

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (51934 Views)

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Shocking Facts About Jehovah's Witnesses Founder (A Must Read) / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 12:15am On Aug 09
Emusan:

So are other denominations practiced all these 5 points or only JWs?

Whether am a Church goer or not I'll keep it to my chest.

Is THEOCRACY a scriptural terminology?

This is pure lies...

Why do they say they're the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIANS doing the will of Jehovah?

So you know this but you join your organization to condemn everyone who doesn't belong to your organization as enemy of Jehovah.

The Phrase "House of God" here does mean House of Jehovah or another God?

because I don't know why judgement will start from House of God (Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's witnesses) when everyone there are already doing His will.

Or should we say, the HOUSE OF GOD means everybody who is named with the name of Christ which Apostle Paul admonishes them to depart from iniquity.

When, where and how will this judgement take place because you people only talk about Armageddon!

@ the first bolded
I would have loved to provide answers to all your questions but you have already judged me and in deed all Jehovah's witnesses and yet you're accusing us of judging people of other denominations. Now between me and you who started the judging now? Even when i cited a scriptural truth to support the fact that Jesus is the judge,you said this is pure lies. So no matter what i say to you, it will make no sense.

@the second bolded.
The scriptures talked about the house of God and you're here referring to the Kingdom Hall. You seem to be antagonist from the onset. So you'll get no answer from me please.

@ the 3rd bolded
You know absolutely nothing about Jehovah's witnesses. And as Jesus answered Pontius Pilate in John 18:34, i also answer you:

34Jesus replied, Are you saying this of yourself [on your own initiative], or have others told you about Me?

But kindly read 1Thessalonians 5:3;
Revelation 17:1-18. A woman is seen sitting on a beast that has 7 heads and 10 horns. Verse 16 says the beast will hate the woman and will kill her. But b4 now they were friends. Verse 17 says God puts it in the hearts of the beast to do the destruction. So God will not be the one to kill the woman but he will use something else to destroy the woman.
After the wild beast have destroyed the woman(who b4 now were friends), the wild beast and its cronies will begin to lament over the death of this woman. Apparently they never knew what they did. You can see the rest of the story in Revelation 18:1-24.
These events in 1Thessalonians and Revelation 17 and 18 refer to one and the same thing and it will happen b4 Armageddon. The war of Armageddon is recorded in chapter 19.

So Who is this woman and what is the wild beast? Who is Babylon the Great?
You can meet your Pastor/Bishop to explain these things to you because even if i do you will call it "pure lies".
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 12:17am On Aug 09
Emusan:

So are other denominations practiced all these 5 points or only JWs?

Whether am a Church goer or not I'll keep it to my chest.

Is THEOCRACY a scriptural terminology?

This is pure lies...

Why do they say they're the ONLY TRUE CHRISTIANS doing the will of Jehovah?

So you know this but you join your organization to condemn everyone who doesn't belong to your organization as enemy of Jehovah.

The Phrase "House of God" here does mean House of Jehovah or another God?

because I don't know why judgement will start from House of God (Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's witnesses) when everyone there are already doing His will.

Or should we say, the HOUSE OF GOD means everybody who is named with the name of Christ which Apostle Paul admonishes them to depart from iniquity.

When, where and how will this judgement take place because you people only talk about Armageddon!

One of the magazine has the articled titled....... Know your Enemy. Paragraph 7 highlighted many of their enemies.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Emusan(m): 7:38am On Aug 09
I can see how you stylishly boycotted the Armageddon part of my post anyway no problem.

ospido:
@ the first bolded
I would have loved to provide answers to all your questions but you have already judged me and in deed all Jehovah's witnesses and yet you're accusing us of judging people of other denominations. Now between me and you who started the judging now? Even when i cited a scriptural truth to support the fact that Jesus is the judge,you said [b]this is pure lies
. So no matter what i say to you, it will make no sense.

I call it lies because if you people already know that Jesus is the judge you people won't take the position of Jesus and condemned every other denominations and classified them as enemies of Jehovah and say it AUTHORITATIVELY that you're the ONLY TRUE WORSHIPERS OF GOD. Isn't only God who knows who actually worship Him?

@the second bolded.
The scriptures talked about the house of God and you're here referring to the Kingdom Hall. You seem to be antagonist from the onset. So you'll get no answer from me please.

Since scripture talks about the HOUSE OF GOD, do you agree that Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's witnesses is this HOUSE OF GOD that Judgement will begin or the place that the so called CHRISTENDOM gathered?

Watchtower has already made its position known that they're the only TRUE WORSHIPERS OF GOD then if there's a scripture that says "Judgement will begin in the HOUSE OF GOD"; then we can ask, does The True God still have a HOUSE somewhere else other than the Kingdom Hall where people are already doing His will?

Or you didn't agree that JWs are the ONLY TRUE WORSHIPERS OF GOD?

@ the 3rd bolded
You know absolutely nothing about Jehovah's witnesses. And as Jesus answered Pontius Pilate in John 18:34, i also answer you:

34Jesus replied, Are you saying this of yourself [on your own initiative], or have others told you about Me?

But kindly read 1Thessalonians 5:3;
Revelation 17:1-18. A woman is seen sitting on a beast that has 7 heads and 10 horns. Verse 16 says the beast will hate the woman and will kill her. But b4 now they were friends. Verse 17 says God puts it in the hearts of the beast to do the destruction. So God will not be the one to kill the woman but he will use something else to destroy the woman.
After the wild beast have destroyed the woman(who b4 now were friends), the wild beast and its cronies will begin to lament over the death of this woman. Apparently they never knew what they did. You can see the rest of the story in Revelation 18:1-24.
These events in 1Thessalonians and Revelation 17 and 18 refer to one and the same thing and it will happen b4 Armageddon. The war of Armageddon is recorded in chapter 19.

So Who is this woman and what is the wild beast? Who is Babylon the Great?
You can meet your Pastor/Bishop to explain these things to you because even if i do you will call it "pure lies".

Well I might not know absolutely nothing about them but at least many of their members are here making us to know them more.

As you can see one of your brother has already provided and answer.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Owologbo(m): 10:54am On Aug 10
ospido:

Yes i have. But unfortunately something was omitted in this verse you quoted. Study this materials below carefully.

I want you to take note of the difference in the use of the word "God" in John 1:1. God appeared twice in John 1:1. (See screenshot).
The Greek word for the 1st God is this...(θεόν).
(See 1st arrow to your right)

While that for the 2nd God is this... (θεὸς)
(See the 2nd arrow to your left).
They're both different. While the first one is rendered God, the 2nd one is rendered "a god." There is an indefinite article "a" which precedes the second. This indefinite article "a" was omitted in most translations.
See the second screenshot below.

you should read that your screen shot again and tell me the sense in it. hope you know there is a difference between God and god?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 5:53pm On Aug 10
Owologbo:

you should read that your screen shot again and tell me the sense in it. hope you know there is a difference between God and god?

Bros, you should re-read the 2 screenshots, study it thoroughly and RECEIVE SENSE.

Greek 2316 is God/god .
Bros, it's the same.
It is English Bible translators who write Greek 2316 (Theo's ;Theon) as God/god.

Let me ask you Bros..

What is the difference between Greek 1510 and Greek 2316 in Acts 28:6 and John 1:1?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 6:04pm On Aug 10
Emusan:
I can see how you stylishly boycotted the Armageddon part of my post anyway no problem.

I call it lies because if you people already know that Jesus is the judge you people won't take the position of Jesus and condemned every other denominations and classified them as enemies of Jehovah and say it AUTHORITATIVELY that you're the ONLY TRUE WORSHIPERS OF GOD. Isn't only God who knows who actually worship Him?

Since scripture talks about the HOUSE OF GOD, do you agree that Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's witnesses is this HOUSE OF GOD that Judgement will begin or the place that the so called CHRISTENDOM gathered?

Watchtower has already made its position known that they're the only TRUE WORSHIPERS OF GOD then if there's a scripture that says "Judgement will begin in the HOUSE OF GOD"; then we can ask, does The True God still have a HOUSE somewhere else other than the Kingdom Hall where people are already doing His will?

Or you didn't agree that JWs are the ONLY TRUE WORSHIPERS OF GOD?

Well I might not know absolutely nothing about them but at least many of their members are here making us to know them more.

As you can see one of your brother has already provided and answer.

The Pharisees claimed that the Father of Jesus Christ is also their Father, did Jesus approve of their worship?

No dey deceive yourself , have you stopped worshipping your triune deity?

1 Corinthians 3:23, (Acts3:13) the Apostles says Jesus Christ belongs to Jehovah his God Almighty.
Every servant of Jehovah is in Jehovah's House, ("household of faith", Galatians 6:10) so to speak.

Acts9:20 Paul had an encounter with Jesus, yet he never preached that junk you have swallowed hook, line and sinker. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Prophet Kumchacha: I Use 55 Different Sex Styles To Satisfy My Wife In Bed / "How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / Adeboye Retires 20 Senior Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.