Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship (51627 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / Dr Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Takes The Coronavirus Hand Washing Challenge(VIDEO) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by NaMeAboki: 8:09am On Sep 03, 2020
juman:

I laugh sö much.
Do we have any national secret?

Nigeria is not a real country.
One nigeria is a failure.

You'd be surprised,
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by malele(m): 8:10am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Sad. Another one who has chosen to flee instead of fight.
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.
This is very sad, she will be remembered as a loser
She gave up because she lacks foresight

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greecard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.

Point of correction , she never begged for Visa rather reverse was the case. She is talented every country will offer her citizenship.
Ur country doesn’t deserve people like her, na Buhari Dey deserve

5 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by DexterousOne(m): 8:10am On Sep 03, 2020
Lipscomb:
My position on this woman has always been tough. She is a rogue and born to rule mentality. She admired power than anything.

Her incompetence in some positions she held was another evidence that she is overweight individual. Okonjo iwella has been use by western world to exploit Africa. This woman send Nigeria to recession and till today we are yet to recover from recession.

I have never seen a situation whereby federal government borrow money to pay workers. During her tenure no improvement and she wasn't done anything spectacular.

Like her or hate her
She is one of the best finance ministers Nigeria ever had

Her reforms are what we still work with today
Especially when it comes to budgetary stability

But this coneheaded punk in Aso rock now is putting her legacy and our country in jeopardy

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Burgerlomo: 8:10am On Sep 03, 2020
Welcome on board ma cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by IYANGBALI: 8:11am On Sep 03, 2020
Nigeria 0-1 America

Na the thing wey dey hungry lalasticlala be that
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by youngestgrad(m): 8:11am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:
Another Ivy league educated scholar who could change Nigeria for the better has decided to switch sides.

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greecard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.
Ogbeni Shut up!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Pigmy(m): 8:11am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Until you get to that exalted point.
Abeg, pocket your opinion/ sentiment.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 03, 2020
tysontim:

Taa I know if you get America citizenship you'll grab it with both hands
Don't mind the hyporcrite angry
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by nnamdi640: 8:12am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Hope you read the news before commenting? Asking for citizenship of another country doesn't mean that she condemned her own country.You should know that something lead to another....
Again don't say you and your household because even your household have plans different from yours.You can only speak for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 03, 2020
KingAzari:

Read!
freeborn02:

You didn't read before commenting. It's annoying
Go and check who is the OP of this thread. I read this news 30mins before I brought it to NL. My comment is just about the killings and bad happenings in naija.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by FX(m): 8:12am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Super story

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by toye440: 8:12am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

I sense poverty speaking, the devil is a lier. U spirit of poverty, come out !!! in the name of JESUS. U're free IJN.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by IYANGBALI: 8:12am On Sep 03, 2020
youngestgrad:

Ogbeni Shut up!!
no mind that modafoka

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by IYANGBALI: 8:13am On Sep 03, 2020
youngestgrad:

Ogbeni Shut up!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by einsteine(m): 8:14am On Sep 03, 2020
Nigeria should be like Japan and China and ban dual citizenship. If you choose another nationality, you should lose your Nigerian citizenship

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by DexterousOne(m): 8:14am On Sep 03, 2020
malele:

Point of correction , she never begged for Visa rather reverse was the case. She is talented every country will offer her citizenship.
Ur country doesn’t deserve people like her, na Buhari Dey deserve

That's the absolute truth

I wonder why seasoned professionals like Okonjo, Adesina, Aganga and co even bother with this country

When the country in itself have strong affinity to follow riff raffs like Buhari, Tinubu, OUK, Oshiomole Ganduje and co..... ?

The vast majority of the populace (maybe due to illiteracy, ignorance or just foolishness) cannot relate with professionals and just do not appreciate them

But the no do wells are the ones they prefer

6 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by OyinO: 8:15am On Sep 03, 2020
realstars:
She Has Left The Country For Zombies.

Hell NO! She's a Zombie in a foreign land.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Stay and fight for an already dead country? country everyone is ready to jump on a ship out of? if you want to stay you are wellcomed do that but don't put your households through such hell, let them flee if they could.

Good luck! grin

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by King44(m): 8:18am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

did you read the post at all, she didn't flee besides after 25 years! She is a blind loyalist to Nig

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by RuddyFusion(m): 8:18am On Sep 03, 2020
Dual Citizenship she's now both Nigerian and USA Citizen.....while she may get USA support , China another power broken may not be so inclined to support her candidacy ,...except Nigeria uses its China connect to work that for her....

Goodluck Aunty.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 03, 2020
Ofcourse, why not? that is the only way her life and work would be made easier. who da hell wouldn't? soon she might even run for one political position in America.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by linearity: 8:19am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

How did sh flee?

Many current and past Nigeria Senators, Reps, ministers, etc are US or British citizens as well as Nigeria’s.

It does not stop her from contributing to Nigeria at any level except the President & Vice, this just open up her chances.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by OyinO: 8:19am On Sep 03, 2020
whatmoreng:
Smart move it will boost her chance of winning too.

On a serious note. As a young man, being born a Nigerian is not your fault and not a crime, but if you allow your kids to be born a Nigerian too... Make God forgive you.

Look at this mentality. Is it the territorial space or geographical entity called Nigeria that is bad or the people of Nigeria that are bad? Places you want to flee to, were far worst than Nizooria in time past until their youths demanded change by violent Revolution. Being born in any part of the world is not the problem, but letting yourself mentally subdued to accept defeat.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 03, 2020
This lady is damn so patriotic and knowledgeable she deserves to be our president.

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by oyeb15: 8:20am On Sep 03, 2020
Who cares. This wicked and arrogant woman advised Obasanjo to increase pms to #200 per litre to suit her European masters.

Lot of thanks to Oshiomole led Labour Congress of those days.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by oyeb15: 8:20am On Sep 03, 2020
?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Lipscomb(m): 8:20am On Sep 03, 2020
It's very easy to identify a fool . Budgetary stability? What do you mean by that? Stop using the grammar you don't understand.

And moreover her office was different from budgetary and planning what the hell are you talking about.
DexterousOne:

Like her or hate her
She is one of the best finance ministers Nigeria ever had

Her reforms are what we still work with today
Especially when it comes to budgetary stability

But this coneheaded punk in Aso rock now is putting her legacy and our country in jeopardy
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by toprealman: 8:26am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.
How have you been fighting? By voting for Erica and Kiddwaya on big brother I suppose....
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by DexterousOne(m): 8:27am On Sep 03, 2020
Lipscomb:
It's very easy to identify a fool . Budgetary stability? What do you mean by that? Stop using the grammar you don't understand.

And moreover her office was different from budgetary and planning what the hell are you talking about.

From your comment
I can deduce the following

1) you are still a kid that does not know anything

2) You lack understanding of basic things

And

3) you are (probably) consumed in the web of petty tribalism/ APC Zombieism

I wont bother to go into much details with you
But if you must know

The crude oil benchmark for Nigeria budgeting process that goes to the national assembly was her brain child, and she worked with her stellar team then to work out the framework

And it's for that reason we have had a degree of budgetary stability for almost two decades

Of course you will not know about this

Or the other initiatives put in place by her, which makes her one of the best finance ministers we have had

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by confydoedowaye(m): 8:28am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

It is dual citizenship not switch of citizenship, remember she is in the global political corridor and she needs to maximize her strength to stand a chance, besides, she is over qualify to take up US citizenship by naturalization, she is indeed a pillar and proud African judging by her dress code and her intonation. #NOItotheworld.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 03, 2020
Buhari is the best presido Nigeria ever had.

Sai baba!!! cheesy in few weeks dozens of people have been killed in the north by fulani people.
some nigerians from the north are refugees in neighbouring Africans countries, Nigerians refugees?

And in the south some people in power stole billions of Naira and when qustioned about it one of them pretended to colapse on live broadcast grin till date he is still riding around in expensive Range Rover around town spending his loots.

Ghana are deporting nigerians from left to right.
Ghana? deporting nigerians? shocked

Nigeria will never ever ever ever ever get better not even in 200 years to come.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Takes Up American Citizenship by Anoniemos01: 8:30am On Sep 03, 2020
rentAcock:

Me and my household will never flee or beg the white man for visa, greencard or citizenship. We will continue to fight and do all we can for the betterment of this country.

Mshheew. That's one of the serious issues with you Nigerian lots,, you cannot read to understand. Check up what is meant by dual citizenship, I cannot stress myself further by explaining things unnecessarily this morning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Youths Beat Jasper Ndubuaku, Chairman Imo Recovery Team (Photos) / Buhari’s Wedding Rumours To Sadiya Umar Farou: Worshippers Storm Aso Rock Mosque / Omar Farouq: Teenager Convicted Of Blasphemy In Kano Jets Out Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.