Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,462 members, 7,836,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here (38838 Views)

Update On Buhari Bakare Flag Off Kaduna / 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2011
Mbulela, please call jarus asap
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by mbulela: 2:37pm On Apr 04, 2011
the MTN number you are trying to call is not reachable at the moment, pls try again later.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
Try again, i have been speaking with him. Should i send the number again? perharps its the network
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by seal777(m): 2:42pm On Apr 04, 2011
Guys,
I heard the BUHARI-BAKARE message ON RADIO this morning, twice within 10 minutes. It was a wonderful masterpiece,no sponsor was named though.

Does anyone has info on wen our rally in lagos wil be, for the first time in my life,i must be at this political rally.

I AM PROUD TO BELONG TO THIS GROUP.

Pls Ignore post that does nt keep strictly to the topic of the thread, we cant be distracted cos we re serious minded people.

BB FOR SURE!!!.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by fstranger3(m): 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2011
The grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naive. History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future. Of course, we know that human beings change. What the claims of personality change or transformation impose on us is a rigorous inspection of the evidence, not wishful speculation or behind-the-scenes assurances. Public offence, crimes against a polity, must be answered in the public space, not in caucuses of bargaining. In Buhari, we have been offered no evidence of the sheerest prospect of change. On the contrary, all evident suggests that this is one individual who remains convinced that this is one ex-ruler that the nation cannot call to order.

Buhari – need one remind anyone - was one of the generals who treated a Commission of Enquiry, the Oputa Panel, with unconcealed disdain. Like Babangida and Abdusalami, he refused to put in appearance even though complaints that were tabled against him involved a career of gross abuses of power and blatant assault on the fundamental human rights of the Nigerian citizenry.

Prominent against these charges was an act that amounted to nothing less than judicial murder, the execution of a citizen under a retroactive decree. Does Decree 20 ring a bell? If not, then, perhaps the names of three youths - Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26) do. To put it quite plainly, one of those three – Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. This was an unconscionable crime, carried out in defiance of the pleas and protests of nearly every sector of the Nigerian and international community – religious, civil rights, political, trade unions etc. Buhari and his sidekick and his partner-in-crime, Tunde Idiagbon persisted in this inhuman act for one reason and one reason only: to place Nigerians on notice that they were now under an iron, inflexible rule, under governance by fear.

So Tai Solarin is already forgotten? Tai who stood at street corners, fearlessly distributing leaflets that took up the gauntlet where the media had dropped it. Tai who was incarcerated by that regime and denied even the medication for his asthmatic condition? Tai did not ask to be sent for treatment overseas; all he asked was his traditional medicine that had proved so effective after years of struggle with asthma!

Nor must we omit the manner of Buhari coming to power and the pattern of his ‘corrective’ rule. Shagari’s NPN had already run out of steam and was near universally detested – except of course by the handful that still benefited from that regime of profligacy and rabid fascism. Responsibility for the national condition lay squarely at the door of the ruling party, obviously, but against whom was Buhari’s coup staged? Judging by the conduct of that regime, it was not against Shagari’s government but against the opposition. The head of government, on whom primary responsibility lay, was Shehu Shagari. Yet that individual was kept in cozy house detention in Ikoyi while his powerless deputy, Alex Ekwueme, was locked up in Kiri-kiri prisons. Such was the Buhari notion of equitable apportionment of guilt and/or responsibility.

And then the cascade of escapes of the wanted, and culpable politicians. Manhunts across the length and breadth of the nation, roadblocks everywhere and borders tight as steel zip locks. Lo and behold, the chairman of the party, Chief Akinloye, strolled out coolly across the border. Richard Akinjide, Legal Protector of the ruling party, slipped out with equal ease. The Rice Minister, Umaru Dikko, who declared that Nigerians were yet to eat from dustbins - escaped through the same airtight dragnet. The clumsy attempt to crate him home was punishment for his ingratitude, since he went berserk when, after waiting in vain, he concluded that the coup had not been staged, after all, for the immediate consolidation of the party of extreme right-wing vultures, but for the military hyenas.

The case of the overbearing Secretary-General of the party, Uba Ahmed, was even more noxious. Uba Ahmed was out of the country at the time. Despite the closure of the Nigerian airspace, he compelled the pilot of his plane to demand special landing permission, since his passenger load included the almighty Uba Ahmed. Of course, he had not known of the change in his status since he was airborne. The delighted airport commandant, realizing that he had a much valued fish swimming willingly into a waiting net, approved the request. Uba Ahmed disembarked into the arms of a military guard and was promptly clamped in detention. Incredibly, he vanished a few days after and reappeared in safety overseas. Those whose memories have become calcified should explore the media coverage of that saga. Buhari was asked to explain the vanished act of this much prized quarry and his response was one of the most arrogant levity. Coming from one who had shot his way into power on the slogan of ‘dis’pline’, it was nothing short of impudent.

Shall we revisit the tragicomic series of trials that landed several politicians several lifetimes in prison? Recall, if you please, the ‘judicial’ processes undergone by the septuagenarian Chief Adekunle Ajasin. He was arraigned and tried before Buhari’s punitive tribunal but acquitted. Dissatisfied, Buhari ordered his re-trial. Again, the Tribunal could not find this man guilty of a single crime, so once again he was returned for trial, only to be acquitted of all charges of corruption or abuse of office. Was Chief Ajasin thereby released? No! He was ordered detained indefinitely, simply for the crime of winning an election and refusing to knuckle under Shagari’s reign of terror.

The conduct of the Buhari regime after his coup was not merely one of double, triple, multiple standards but a cynical travesty of justice. Audu Ogbeh, currently chairman of the Action Congress was one of the few figures of rectitude within the NPN. Just as he has done in recent times with the PDP, he played the role of an internal critic and reformer, warning, dissenting, and setting an example of probity within his ministry. For that crime he spent months in unjust incarceration. Guilty by association? Well, if that was the motivating yardstick of the administration of the Buhari justice, then it was most selectively applied. The utmost severity of the Buhari-Idiagbon justice was especially reserved either for the opposition in general, or for those within the ruling party who had showed the sheerest sense of responsibility and patriotism.

One is only too aware that some Nigerians love to point to Buhari’s agenda of discipline as the shining jewel in his scrap-iron crown. To inculcate discipline however, one must lead by example, obeying laws set down as guides to public probity. Example speaks louder than declarations, and rulers cannot exempt themselves from the disciplinary strictures imposed on the overall polity, especially on any issue that seeks to establish a policy for public well-being. The story of the thirty something suitcases – it would appear that they were even closer to fifty - found unavoidable mention in my recent memoirs, YOU MUST SET FORTH AT DOWN, written long before Buhari became spoken of as a credible candidate. For the exercise of a changeover of the national currency, the Nigerian borders – air, sea and land – had been shut tight. Nothing was supposed to move in or out, not even cattle egrets.

Yet a prominent camel was allowed through that needle’s eye. Not only did Buhari dispatch his aide-de-camp, Jokolo – later to become an emir - to facilitate the entry of those cases, he ordered the redeployment – as I later discovered - of the Customs Officer who stood firmly against the entry of the contravening baggage. That officer, the incumbent Vice-president is now a rival candidate to Buhari, but has somehow, in the meantime, earned a reputation that totally contradicts his conduct at the time. Wherever the truth lies, it does not redound to the credibility of the dictator of that time, General Buhari whose word was law, but whose allegiances were clearly negotiable.[s][/s]
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by mbulela: 3:02pm On Apr 04, 2011
fstranger3:

The grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naive. History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future. Of course, we know that human beings change. What the claims of personality change or transformation
While your argument might be debateable, this is the wrong place for it.
kindly desist from spamming this thread with irrelevant posts.
the title of the thread is plain enough for understanding.
there are loads of other threads where your argument can be made.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by fstranger3(m): 3:17pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^^ as usual, tryna hide from the truth grin

I dey laugh ooooooo

Sai GEJ
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by seal777(m): 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2011
@mbulela,
How would he understand the topic of the thread wen he refused to go to school so he could feel the impact of PTF.

God bless u for that short and precise orientation u gave 2him.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2011
@mbulela,
simply ignore irelevant posts smiley
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by bappahman: 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2011
hey pls wich station did u hear the jingle in??
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Jarus(m): 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2011
I was at Wazobia FM for the better part of today.

After consulting with a number of people on this thread, it was agreed that Bakare's message should be used, and not the one I composed up there.

But the Cool Fm production guy said there was no way we can remove the song at the background. So what we eventually agreed that the that Bakare's message will be written out, reproduced exactly by Cool FM person, with the addition 'This message is from pastor Tunde bakare and sponsored by Integrity Vanguard, a group of progressive members of Nairaland.com, Nigeria's largest online discussion forum', all to be shrunk to 1 minute.

The jingle will be out by noon tomorrow, I was promised.

I also made payment for 4 slots immediately - 1 regular, 1 premium per day for 2 days.

Regular is between 12-3 pm while premium is between 5am-12noon and 3pm-11pm.

Cost per slot for regular (1 minute) is 9,408 and premium(1 minute) is 11,712, but there is a policy that 'Political advert attracts 100% surcharge', and that affected our plan, as we planned based on usual charges.

I was able to get 5% discount sha, but that was almost neutralized by 5% VAT.

So I paid 31,500 for jingle production and 4 slots(2 premium, 2 regular) cost 84,270, all totaled N115,770.

We expect the premium aired between 3-11pm Tuesday and Wednesday and regular aired 12-3pm Wednesday and Thursday. I told them that we will prefer 6pm for the premium, but they said they will get back to me tomorrow afternoon for the exact time our schedule will be aired.

We will be making more funds available for them when this expires and try to roll it till, if possible, next week.

I will also open discussion on Wazobia PH too tomorrow, as I learnt that's teh msot popular station in PH.

I also need somebody to recommend to us the most listened to radio station in Ibadan(preferably Yoruba) which we can use.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by ceah(m): 5:35pm On Apr 04, 2011
@Jarus et al , i will see what i can do before friday to support this great cause,
Make sure u post when the jingles will be aired on radio cos people like me dont have time to listen to radio or tv (i am too busy working on my Dreams in life than listening to radio)
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2011
Jarus:

I was at Wazobia FM for the better part of today.

After consulting with a number of people on this thread, it was agreed that Bakare's message should be used, and not the one I composed up there.

But the Cool Fm production guy said there was no way we can remove the song at the background. So what we eventually agreed that the that Bakare's message will be written out, reproduced exactly by Cool FM person, with the addition 'This message is from pastor Tunde bakare and sponsored by Integrity Vanguard, a group of progressive members of Nairaland.com, Nigeria's largest online discussion forum', all to be shrunk to 1 minute.

The jingle will be out by noon tomorrow, I was promised.

I also made payment for 4 slots immediately - 1 regular, 1 premium per day for 2 days.

Regular is between 12-3 pm while premium is between 5am-12noon and 3pm-11pm.

Cost per slot for regular (1 minute) is 9,408 and premium(1 minute) is 11,712, but there is a policy that 'Political advert attracts 100% surcharge', and that affected our plan, as we planned based on usual charges.

I was able to get 5% discount sha, but that was almost neutralized by 5% VAT.

So I paid 31,500 for jingle production and 4 slots(2 premium, 2 regular) cost 84,270, all totaled N115,770.

We expect the premium aired between 3-11pm Tuesday and Wednesday and regular aired 12-3pm Wednesday and Thursday. I told them that we will prefer 6pm for the premium, but they said they will get back to me tomorrow afternoon for the exact time our schedule will be aired.

We will be making more funds available for them when this expires and try to roll it till, if possible, next week.

I will also open discussion on Wazobia PH too tomorrow, as I learnt that's teh msot popular station in PH.

I also need somebody to recommend to us the most listened to radio station in Ibadan(preferably Yoruba) which we can use.

Welldone jare. But why the free advert for Seun? LOL,
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Kilode1: 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2011
Great Job Jarus!

It's unfortunate we can't use Bakare's voice or get him to do a Pidgin Translation.

I almost want to repent my support for the "Nairaland" inclusion. but it's ok We can live with that.

Well Done bro! Well done Y'all.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by ceah(m): 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2011
aisha2:

Welldone jare. But why the free advert for Seun? LOL,

Aisha2, i was also surprise oh! how come seun is not supporting our cause and we are making him rich by advertising that we are from Nairaland, lol!, GEJ gave Seun money, now we are making him richer thru our addy, lol!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 04, 2011
ceah:

Aisha2, i was also surprise oh! how come seun is not supporting our cause and we are making him rich by advertising that we are from Nairaland, lol!, GEJ gave Seun money, now we are making him richer thru our addy, lol!
LOL
Kilode?!:

Great Job Jarus!

It's unfortunate we can't use Bakare's voice or get him to do a Pidgin Translation.

I almost want to repent my support for the "Nairaland" inclusion. but it's ok We can live with that.

Well Done bro! Well done Y'all.

I feel you my brother. God Bless all of you, so sorry i was not able to contribute here, am already financially deep down in the main campaign
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Kilode1: 5:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^You are already doing a marvelous job here my sister. Thank you!
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Jarus(m): 6:20pm On Apr 04, 2011
We are able to meet and pull this advert because of Seun's Nairaland. So we must promote NL too.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Kobojunkie: 6:23pm On Apr 04, 2011
[size=13pt]^^ NO, unless Nairaland donated the money[/size]  . . . DO NOT ADD NAIRALAND to this please!!

Imagine . . . that is like saying that if I met my current friends while working at ENRON, then if we were to start a business someday, we need to give credit to ENRON . . . NO  . . . . unless Nairaland stands for what we stand  . . . I don't think that should even be included in there.

What if the BlueLabs dudes decide to assume next that nairaland is probably in support of Buhari, and then chooses to attack it instead? Then what would the owner do to you folks then? There is no need to drag the dude into this, especially since he is not in support of this cause.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Jarus(m): 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2011
Kobo, the message clearly shows that we are just a group of people on Nairaland(Integrity Vanguard, a GROUP of members of Nairaland.com), so nothing says it's Nairaland officially, just a group of people on Nairaland.

Btw, pls check your box asap, I sent a mail to you.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

[size=13pt]^^ NO, unless Nairaland donated the money[/size]  . . . DO NOT ADD NAIRALAND to this please!!

Imagine . . . that is like saying that if I met my current friends while working at ENRON, then if we were to start a business someday, we need to give credit to ENRON . . . NO  . . . . unless Nairaland stands for what we stand  . . . I don't think that should even be included in there.

What if the BlueLabs dudes decide to assume next that nairaland is probably in support of Buhari, and then chooses to attack it instead? Then what would the owner do to you folks then?  There is no need to drag the dude into this, especially since he is not in support of this cause.
You are right before Seun goes on air tomorrow and says Buhari used the name of his website
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Apr 04, 2011
Jarus:

Kobo, the message clearly shows that we are just a group of people on Nairaland(Integrity Vanguard, a GROUP of members of Nairaland.com), so nothing says it's Nairaland officially, just a group of people on Nairaland.

Btw, pls check your box asap, I sent a mail to you.

We are best making up our own name than dragging Nairaland into this. We have already seen how the Bluelabs folks react to the use of their song ( and yes, a third party started it all). If we do the same thing to Nairaland, what is to stop these Bluelabs folks from going after Nairaland in the same way next? Are you sure Seun will be happy with you if he is sued tomorrow for this?
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 04, 2011
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by seanet02: 6:36pm On Apr 04, 2011
Jarus, Mukina and aisha why is it that only Buhari's threads that are making it always to the frontpage even when other threads are getting same views and replies?
Haba this wayo too MUCH 00000000000
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2011
seanet02:

Jarus, Mukina and aisha why is it that only Buhari's threads that are making it always to the frontpage even when other threads are getting same views and replies?
Haba this wayo too MUCH 00000000000

Buhari thread ke? Please send your case to Seun, he controls the front page
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by seanet02: 6:46pm On Apr 04, 2011
aisha2:

Buhari thread ke? Please send your case to Seun, he controls the front page
Honey you too dey gang up against me abi?
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Jarus(m): 6:47pm On Apr 04, 2011
Ok, I'll seek his approval before going on air with this.But I honestly think it's a positive for his forum.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Kobojunkie: 6:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^^ I am not doing this for the forum though . . . I am doing it for Nigeria.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by keemness(m): 6:52pm On Apr 04, 2011
We are able to meet and pull this advert because of Seun's Nairaland. So we must promote NL too,

i agreed with you on this one,
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^^ No . . . There is no must to this 

a) we risk dragging Nairaland down a road it may not want

b) We risk making it seem Nairaland is partisan

c) This may stand in our way should we in the future decide to take this to another level. . . .

d) The moderators already get flack for expressing their political views on nairaland . . . you take this public and the political critics out there might set Nairaland up and we all know that the owner is not even in this with us

I don't see the point in linking us with Nairaland  . . . we are merely a bunch of people who use Nairaland for communication purposes. . . Nairaland is just a form of media to us and that is what it should remain . .
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2011
Jarus:

Ok, I'll seek his approval before going on air with this.But I honestly think it's a positive for his forum.
I know i did not contribute but seeing how dirty the political space is becoming i have to voice my objections oh, hmmm, please leave Nairaland out of this.
Re: Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2011
Am totally with kobo on this one. It is not a wise thing to do. This good effort and alll the money can be easily sabotaged

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (39) (Reply)

"Never Again "- Latest Slogan In The Camp Of Nigerian Army / Remembrance Of Tunde Idiagbon By Kunle Idiagbon / Photos: Dino Melaye Posing With His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.