Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! (17691 Views)

Tears! Still Thinking About This Pretty Girl Facing Death Penalty In China. Pics / Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected / NIGERIA: When Will The Shedding Of Innocent Blood Stopped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bashr4: 1:41am On Mar 06, 2011
EzeUche_:

Come on now. I know you too well. To give an Igbo man that much credit, you would rather die first. That is why you reserved that character for Awolowo.

Even though Nnamdi Azikiwe deserves it more if you are going to try to use an analogy.

[b]Zikism [/b]is the system of political thought attributed to Nnamdi Azikiwe, one of the founding fathers of modern Nigeria and the first democratically elected President of Nigeria. Azikiwe expanded on this philosophy through his published works such as Renascent Africa (1973) and his autobiography My Odyssey.
Overview

Zikism is characterised by five principles for African liberation:

[b]Spiritual balance
[/b]To show empathy for other peoples views, and recognize their right to hold such views.

[b]Social regeneration
[/b]To expel from one's self national, religious, racial, tribal, political-economic, and ethical prejudice.

[b]Economic determinism
[/b]To realize that being self-sufficient economically is the basis for rescuing the Renascent African.

[b]Mental emancipation
[/b]To be knowledgeable of African history and accomplishments, and to dismiss any kind of complex exhibited by any race or tribe.

[b]Political resurgence
[/b]To regain the sovereignty that Africa has lost to colonialists.

are you kidding me , you expect them to know such things that have to do with igbo? man your giving these guys too much attention.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EzeUche2(m): 1:41am On Mar 06, 2011
Aigbofa:

Zikism as practised where? In your imagination?

Maybe you should read The Zikist Movement - a study of Political Radicalism, 1946-50 by G.O. Olusanya.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by spade: 1:42am On Mar 06, 2011
bk.babe97y:

What a pity!

What a shame!

These are the likes people like Katsumoto, Aigbofa, Fstranger, Sefago, Kobojunkie, Buhari and co are risking their lungs, crying themselves hoarse ova?!?!

Wow!

Don't worry, keep trying. Maybe someday, you'd eventually sum up the much needed courage to pull your head out of your gaping a§§.

bk.babe97y:

So, Cap28 is a diseased horse?

ROFLMAO!!!
So, you finally admit you got massively owned by Caps28? cheesy
Ey, you've just butchered yourself with your own dumb post.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 1:43am On Mar 06, 2011
bashr4:

how does that change the fact that you know nothing about nigeria and its history judging from your analogy and all your post on nairaland. you dont even know who first rebeled against nigerian govt. matching GEJ as Napoleon wetin i no go see for nairaland

Ok, I see what the problemo is. Lemme pretend I'm talking to my 4 yr old cousin. . . . .

In the book was it ONE hen or a[b] GROUP[/b] of hens that rebelled?

Did the Hens feel that the Pigs were taking their resources, using it for their own benefit, live in luxury, while the hens wallowed in Poverty?

To use a word you might understand casue you lot love throwing it around so much: Did the Hens feel "MARGINALIZED"?

Is Isaac Adaka Boro a group?

Is Biafra one man?

Did Isaac Adaka Boro own any oilfields?

Did Biafra get starved, like the Hens, into submission. . . . . ?

You want me to go on?

undecided
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by OAM4J: 1:43am On Mar 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Did anyone read the title on the front page? Ouch!!
Mukina was having her laugh with this one grin grin grin lol
Naughty gyal!

free my girl jor.

Seun changed the topic on the front page, not Muki. I know.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Chyz2: 1:46am On Mar 06, 2011
bashr4:

i think bkbabe needs it , his education is a waste but theres still hope.

The only hope that that re-tard has is if he drinks poison, dies, then comes back as an Igbo man.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 1:47am On Mar 06, 2011
spade:

So, you finally admit you got massively owned by Caps28? cheesy
Ey, you've just butchered yourself with your own dumb post.

Right! 20 cap28s and 500 Ezueches, plus 10,000 other bigoted Ibos of ur choosing could not best me in shiyyt talking.

Now is not the time. . . not in the mood at all.

But u can keep pushing, when the time comes I'll make ur experience here on NL as miserable as can be. Keep it up.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Nobody: 1:47am On Mar 06, 2011
OAM4J:

free my girl jor.

Seun changed the topic on the front page, not Muki. I know.

"my" girl? Ogbeni, sho ara e! angry
She's not your girl grin
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by cap28: 1:49am On Mar 06, 2011
SEFAGO:

Actually cap28, I could analyze the works of Marx, Plato, Machiavelli at age 2. Just because you were sucking your thumb at that age does not mean all of us should.

wow im so impressed, how come after all of that you've still ended up serving fries in micky dees, or let me guess in between your breaks do you discuss and analyse plato, machiavelli and marx with your customers?

I bet your colleagues at micky dees get a real kick out of listening to you quoting plato, i can just imagine the looks on the faces of your customers when you reel off all the names of some of THEIR greatest philosophers and writers  - they must think you are a genius.

You know what would really blow them away dude? if you could analyse the works of great african thinkers and writers.
I can assure you that if you could do that their respect for you would know no bounds, try it sometime.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EzeUche2(m): 1:51am On Mar 06, 2011
bk.babe,

People are starting to attack your analysis. We are not attacking you personally. Now as a supposed "intellectual," you have to defend your analysis. That is what we do in the intellectual world.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bashr4: 1:53am On Mar 06, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Ok, I see what the problemo is. Lemme pretend I'm talking to my 4 yr old cousin. . . . .

In the book was it ONE hen or a[b] GROUP[/b] of hens that rebelled?

Did the Hens feel that the Pigs were taking their resources, using it for their own benefit and live in luxure while the hens wallowed in Poverty?

To use a word you might understand casue you lot love throwing it around so much: Did the Hens feel "MARGINALIZED"?

Is Isaac Adaka Boro a group?

Is Biafra one man?

Did Isaac Adaka Boro own any oilfields?

Did Biafra get starved, like the Hens, into submission. . . . . ?

You want me to go on?

undecided

thank God you keep exposing yourself, ignorance and insolence are the best words to describe you. biafra war was not about marginalization cause biafran were occupying all the strategic position , it was simply about hatred nothin more ,igbophobia the same thing you are doing today . the eastern region was far ahead of other regions before the war so what marginilasation are you talking about. how can a region with the least poverty rate and highest literacy rate be marginalised.

the situation in nigeriais too complext for minds like yours  to understand so stick to what you know best thats igbo bashing cus your good at it.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 06, 2011
EzeUche_:

bk.babe,

People are starting to attack your analysis. We are not attacking you personally. Now as a supposed "intellectual," you have to defend your analysis. That is what we do in the intellectual world.

Dem dey call wild animals, snail sef dey show face.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 1:59am On Mar 06, 2011
bashr4:

thank God you keep exposing yourself, ignorance and insolence are the best words to describe you. biafra war was not about marginalization cause biafran were occupying all the strategic position , it was simply about hatred nothin more ,igbophobia the same thing you are doing today . the eastern region was far ahead of other regions before the war so what marginilasation are you talking about. how can a region with the least poverty rate and highest literacy rate be marginalised.

the situation in nigeriais too complext for minds like yours  to understand so stick to what you know best thats igbo bashing cus your good at it.

Oh my God!

Your such a mo>ron!

Nigeria does have serious problems!
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EzeUche2(m): 2:00am On Mar 06, 2011
^^^

Nigeria has been having problems since 1966.

Nzeogwu seen the path Nigeria was following.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bashr4: 2:00am On Mar 06, 2011
Chyz*:

The only hope that that re-tard has is if he drinks poison, dies, then comes back as an Igbo man.

pls dont say that ,you might not like him but he is still a nigerian ,we must carry everybody along if we must compete with the west and asia.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 2:00am On Mar 06, 2011
EzeUche_:

. That is what we do in the intellectual world.

Oh God!

Wow. . . . .
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by OAM4J: 2:01am On Mar 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

"my" girl? Ogbeni, sho ara e! angry
She's not your girl  grin

Actually it's a top secret, so dont tell anyone. lipsrsealed grin

edited.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EzeUche2(m): 2:03am On Mar 06, 2011
bashr4:

pls dont say that ,you might not like him but he is still a nigerian ,we must carry everybody along if we must compete with the west and asia.

Well even the West and Asia has had purges.

Stalin's purges and Mao Zedong's Cultural Revolution.

There will be a need for purges in Nigeria.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bashr4: 2:05am On Mar 06, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Oh my God!

Your such a mo>ron!

Nigeria does have serious problems!

yes but your trying soo hard to make tribalism is the biggest of them all.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Chyz2: 2:06am On Mar 06, 2011
bashr4:

I don't represent Nigeria, I represent Igboland. I am for African unity but definitely not the unification of nigeria as a country.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by spade: 2:07am On Mar 06, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Right! 20 cap28s and 500 Ezueches, plus 10,000 other bigoted Ibos of your choosing could not best me in[b] shiyyt talking.[/b]

Of course not - Why would anyone want to 'best' you in your show of stark illiteracy and stupidity? Keep up with the basement-dwelling, monkeyboy. Unfortunately, nobody's interested.

Now is not the time. . . not in the mood at all.

But u can keep pushing, when the time comes I'll make your experience here on NL as miserable as can be. Keep it up.

LMAO!! This just confirms you're a clueless pawn afterall. Let me get something straight - you actually think I'm new here? Little boy, I've been here since 2005, and ran on sooo many IDs cuz I was just so 'terrible' as some would put it. Boost your brain up to speed and check the older pages of the Politics section. I've actually been here before you. Forget say I just dey use this ID which was actually given to me by a friend.
Infact, your friend Ileke-Idi (FL Gators) is even in a better position to tell you who I am, cuz in the Romance section, I actually moonlighted under the handle with the initials of 'AB' and another with just the initial 'O' - and I was banned on a regular basis cuz I gave them so much hell. Haha! So I should be telling you, dumbo! cheesy
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bashr4: 2:10am On Mar 06, 2011
Chyz*:

I don't represent Nigeria, I represent Igboland. I am for African unity but definitely not the unification of nigeria as a country.

that will be difficult , we have to start with one nigeria first even with all the tribal and religious conflicts ,there no other way
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by AljUche: 2:10am On Mar 06, 2011
bashr4:

well said brother you the true son of your father

@other posters

no matter the amount of tribalism we show to ourselves here on nairaland, we are still nigerians and even if me as a kanuri man meets and igbo or yoruba man out side, i would still treat him like my own regradless of his ethnicity

the same can be said to some igbo and yorubas

we are one, together we stand, divided we fall

remember that
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by AljUche: 2:12am On Mar 06, 2011
if enugu falls today, it will affact everyone in 9ja

if oyo is in flames, everyone will feel it

if borno is in chaos, people in 9ja will be sad

we are one no matter what

if lagos, port harcount, abuja fall today, everyone will suffer the effect
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bashr4: 2:14am On Mar 06, 2011
Alj Uche:

well said brother you the true son of your father

@other posters

no matter the amount of tribalism we show to ourselves here on nairaland, we are still nigerians and even if me as a kanuri man meets and igbo or yoruba man out side, i would still treat him like my own regradless of his ethnicity

the same can be said to some igbo and yorubas

we are one, together we stand, divided we fall

remember that

yeah but they should stop picking on igbo people , i came to nairaland to share knowledge but ended up an igbo warrior cus i just couldnt take it. if i tell you what i do for a living you would not believe i would stoop this low to fight with internet warriors .
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Chyz2: 2:16am On Mar 06, 2011
bashr4:

that will be difficult , we have to start with one nigeria first even with all the tribal and religious conflicts ,there no other way

I disagree completely. When we have mutual respect, we have peace. You cannot foster peace in a country where everybody is fighting over that one peace of meat. If we separated we can trade amongst each other peacefully. We would have to respect each other so that we can continue receiving what we need from each other. We can be under our own laws and ways of government, so on and so forth. That is how unity is built, corruption is repealed, and Africa prospers.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 2:16am On Mar 06, 2011
spade:

Of course not - Why would anyone want to 'best' you in your show of stark illiteracy and stupidity? Keep up with the basement-dwelling, monkeyboy. Unfortunately, nobody's interested.

LMAO!! This just confirms you're a clueless pawn afterall. Let me get something straight - you actually think I'm new here? Little boy, I've been here since 2005, and ran on sooo many IDs cuz I was just so 'terrible' as some would put it. Boost your brain up to speed and check the older pages of the Politics section. I've actually been here before you. Forget say I just dey use this ID which was actually given to me by a friend.
Infact, your friend Ileke-Idi (FL Gators) is even in a better position to tell you who I am, cuz in the Romance section, I actually moonlighted under the handle with the initials of 'AB' and another with just the initial 'O' - and I was banned on a regular basis cuz I gave them so much hell. Haha! So I should be telling you, dumbo! cheesy

Oh, no need to regale me with tales of ur antics Mr.Billy Badaszz!

Just be patient. When the time comes I'll serve it to u by the bucketful. . . . I dictate battles on my own terms.

Be prepared to borrow more I.D's from friends. Dont forget to request from family too.

I'll still be using this one while I run you thru 20. Like I said tho, keep it up!

p.s:btw, wtf is "Keep up with the basement-dwelling"?!! Roflamo!
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Nobody: 2:20am On Mar 06, 2011
Chyz*:

I disagree completely. When we have mutual respect, we have peace. You cannot foster peace in a country where everybody is fighting over that one peace of meat. If we separated we can trade amongst each other peacefully. We would have to respect each other so that we can continue receiving what we need from each other. We can be under our own laws and ways of government, so on and so forth. That is how unity is built, corruption is repealed, and Africa prospers.

your right my dear each region should govern itself then trade with other regions even if you dont have oil and all those natural rubbish i dont believe determines the success of a nation,humanshave other intelectual capabilities but they will never realise that is they depend on oil or diamond and keep fighting themselves. but we are traped for now so till such happens its better to carry everyone along.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by AljUche: 2:23am On Mar 06, 2011
bashr4:

yeah but they should stop picking on igbo people , i came to nairaland to share knowledge but ended up an igbo warrior cus i just couldnt take it. if i tell you what i do for a living you would not believe i would stoop this low to fight with internet warriors .

brother same here

but if you think of it, this people including me before probably have good igbo friends and family.all this internet talk is just to get people angry

like now would i met my igbo neighbour and call him nyamiria,.,.,, ,.,. certainly not he has been kind to me as well

or would i met my yoruba friend in lagos and call him bayarabe or call him a thug because he is yoruba,., certainly now

if you go to the real world in nigeria, everyone respect and love each other escepacially the igbos and yorubas in lagos

i teel you brother you can not find the difference in them with the way they relate to each other

igbos call yoruba ofemma nu and they both laugh

yoruba call igbos omo igbo and they both laugh and get on doing there thing

that is the extent of the love between both groups

i can not say the same in other yoruba or igbo states

come to abuja or kaduna same can be said

please never take nairaland seroiuse wink smiley smiley
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by spade: 2:34am On Mar 06, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Oh, no need to regale me with tales of your antics Mr.Billy Badaszz!

Just be patient. When the time comes I'll serve it to u by the bucketful. . . . I dictate battles on my own terms.

Be prepared to borrow more I.D's from friends. Dont forget to request from family too.

I'll still be using this one while I run you thru 20. Like I said tho, keep it up!

p.s:btw, wtf is "Keep up with the basement-dwelling"?!! Roflamo!

LMAO. Just the way I love it! The boy still doesn't get it. Anyways, like I already said, first ask her about me. I'm sure she's already got the idea. It would do you a whole lotta good, so as to prevent you from sounding so totally clueless, like you are right now.
Oh, and on your question about basement-dwelling? Maybe you should consider performing that reading exercise you earlier suggested for me. It could come in pretty handy in aiding your poor comprehension skills.

Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by jason123: 2:44am On Mar 06, 2011
DRlulu:

your right my dear each region should govern itself then trade with other regions even if you dont have oil and all those natural rubbish i dont believe determines the success of a nation,humanshave other intelectual capabilities but they will never realise that is they depend on oil or diamond and keep fighting themselves. but we are traped for now so till such happens its better to carry everyone along.

Ever since the "coups" removed regional government system, there will be only one outcome which is what we see today.
I quite agree that it is tribalism that is pulling us back but it will be the same tribalism that will not allow us to revert to regional system, why? . . . . BTW, I am a believer of "if you want to do something, do it well".
Because, why will a Northerner what to just rule and control the resources of the north when he can have the WHOLE of Nigeria's resources at his disposal. Why will the "SS" want to join the Old East when they have ijaws to govern them? Why will the MW want to join the yorubas when they can govern themselves. Are we going to have over 250 regions? The way Nigeria has been structured is for NEO-COLONISATION. How are the igbos United? Who are the reference igbo clans How do we measure their "igboness"? What about the Ikewerris?
The same can be said for the Yorubas. Remember that they had civil wars before the british came. What about the North (hausa fulani) against the Kanuris, and "NCentral). The Kanuris wanted to secede in the 50's. What about JOS?

Can you see? The only way is for SNC as some of my igbo brothers have been saying and I agree with them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Hahaha! See What A Colonial Oyibo Writer Said About ''Eboes'' (Igbo) / No Blogger Got N240m From #dasukigate - Blogger Omojuwa / Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.