Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,218 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! (17693 Views)

Tears! Still Thinking About This Pretty Girl Facing Death Penalty In China. Pics / Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected / NIGERIA: When Will The Shedding Of Innocent Blood Stopped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by cap28: 2:47am On Mar 06, 2011
spade:

Of course not - Why would anyone want to 'best' you in your show of stark illiteracy and stupidity? Keep up with the basement-dwelling, monkeyboy. Unfortunately, nobody's interested.

LMAO!! This just confirms you're a clueless pawn afterall. Let me get something straight - you actually think I'm new here? Little boy, I've been here since 2005, and ran on sooo many IDs cuz I was just so 'terrible' as some would put it. Boost your brain up to speed and check the older pages of the Politics section. I've actually been here before you. Forget say I just dey use this ID which was actually given to me by a friend.
Infact, your friend Ileke-Idi (FL Gators) is even in a better position to tell you who I am, cuz in the Romance section, I actually moonlighted under the handle with the initials of 'AB' and another with just the initial 'O' - and I was banned on a regular basis cuz I gave them so much hell. Haha! So I should be telling you, dumbo! cheesy

hahaha bro you crack me up.

This creature is a product of america's sub underclass, its brain was damaged at birth as a result of its mother's addiction to crack cocaine hence its feeble and failed attempt to engage in intellectual debate.

it can not converse at a civil level without resorting to profanity, which is a symptom of extensive arrested development.

After an encounter with these types of creatures you start to understand why the eugenics programme was introduced in the united  states - long live eugenics and may new and ingenius methods be found to sterilise welfare queens and other burdens on society.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by elrony(m): 3:16am On Mar 06, 2011
nice adaptation,

too much tribalism tho lol,
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 3:26am On Mar 06, 2011
cap28:

hahaha bro you crack me up.

This creature is a product of america's sub underclass, its brain was damaged at birth as a result of its mother's addiction to crack cocaine hence its feeble and failed attempt to engage in intellectual debate.

it can not converse at a civil level without resorting to profanity, which is a symptom of extensive arrested development.

After an encounter with these types of creatures you start to understand why the eugenics programme was introduced in the united  states - long live eugenics and may new and ingenius methods be found to sterilise welfare queens and other burdens on society.

Oh, boy! And the gay Yorkishire sees its brother scrapping and it catches a hard-on! Shoo, homo dog!

Repeating the same lines that got you whipped on prior occasions . Remember that saying about a "x" type of man being the type that'll do the *same thing over and over again but expecting a different result?

What do they call those type of people again?

Yep, thats you! A mad man!
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by spade: 3:45am On Mar 06, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Oh, boy! And the gay Yorkishire sees its brother scrapping and it catches a hard-on! Shoo, homo dog!

Repeating the same lines that got you whipped on prior occasions . Remember that saying about a "x" type of man being the type that'll do the *same thing over and over again but expecting a different result?

What do they call those type of people again?

Yep, thats you! A mad man!

That's it? That's the best wretched junk you're able to muster? Mehn, you're thick! grin
And to think you're the half-decomposed donkeyshit who says he'll make my life miserable. What? With these infantile preschool yaks? You should consider taking dissing lessons from that meat-head Becomrich, cuz even he sounds more intelligent than your worthless stup!d a§§. And that's saying something grin

Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 3:57am On Mar 06, 2011
elrony:

nice adaptation,

too much tribalism tho lol,

Thanks! lol

The "tribalism" comment tho, was it referring to original post  or the scrapping going on now btwn me and the "sheep" up there? If its to the OP I, humbly, ask :" can you (and I ask you with all sincerity) show me ONE,JUST ONE, thing that was, without with being tinged with humor, tribalism. The only wise crack I made was towards Eziachi. Beaf as Squealer? I doubt you could defend that without getting convicted here in Naira Land Court? Your trial wouldnt even last 10mins and the jury will return a verdict without leaving the pew! Whole trial---between start and when a verdict is returned? 10:48secs ---FLAT!!! I'm that confident. So, we agree with that.

Next was referring to the Ibos as the "hens whose eggs kept getting taken". You surely cant say my characterization can be described as an example of "tribalism". The pigs lived fat off the eggs of the Hens. The Hens were being underfed. They werent treated right. They revolted. They broke the eggs instead of letting the pigs continue reaping where they did not sow. Owing to the vicious nature of the pigs and how they killed with impunity; the hens felt they were as good as dead. They probably figured death was better than living as slaves and being fed scraps off the proceeds of what belonged to them in the first place! But what did the Pigs do? Did they kill the Hens for sabotaging the egg collection? fUXcks no! If the pigs were anything, they werent silly! Nobody kills the goose that lays the golden egg! So, what did they do? THEY BASICALLY, "BLOCKADED" THE HENS, STARVED THEM INTO SUBMISSION UNTIL THE HENS WERE FORCED TO GIVE UP AND START GIVEN EGGS TO THE PIGS AGAIN! STARVED THEM TILL THEY GOT WHAT THEY GOT! The Hens gave up, but in snippets as the book goes on, u'll see the hens express bitterness. You can tell theyre probably wishing they were stronger and could take on not just the Pigs, but even the rest of the animals cus they probably blamed them for not standing up to the Pigs when they (hens) revolted.

Now, replace the following:

Eggs: Oil

Hens: Ibos

Pigs: Hausa/Yoruba/Rest of Nigeria

Revolt/Blockade/Starvation: Civil War.

You can even go on and pretend the Hens had a Leader named Ojukwu! Dont blame me, I'm usually one with a book when Im reading it. But I'm sure u get it.

Now, apart from those three examples I just refrred to, can you show me ONE HINT OF TRIBALISM IN THE ORIGINAL POST? .

Matter fact, use those 3 examples too. Show me one hint of tribalism, because I honestly fail to see it.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 3:59am On Mar 06, 2011
spade:

That's it? That's the best wretched junk you're able to muster? Mehn, you're thick! grin
And to think you're the half-decomposed donkeyshit who says he'll make my life miserable. What? With these infantile preschool yaks? You should consider taking dissing lessons from that meat-head Becomrich, cuz even he sounds more intelligent than your worthless stup!d a§§. And that's saying something grin

Youre such an impatient lad, arent you.

I told you, BE PATIENT, when I got the time for you, TRUST ME, you'll know. . . . .

Try not to choke on it tho!
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Chyz2: 4:11am On Mar 06, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Thanks! lol

The "tribalism" comment tho, was it referring to original post  or the scrapping going on now btwn me and the "sheep" up there? If its to the OP I, humbly, ask :" can you (and I ask you with all sincerity) show me ONE,JUST ONE, thing that was, without with being tinged with humor, tribalism. The only wise crack I made was towards Eziachi. Beaf as Squealer? I doubt you could defend that without getting convicted here in Naira Land Court? Your trial wouldnt even last 10mins and the jury will return a verdict without leaving the pew! Whole trial---between start and when a verdict is returned? 10:48secs ---FLAT!!! I'm that confident. So, we agree with that.

Next was referring to the Ibos as the "hens whose eggs kept getting taking". You surely cant say my characterization can be described as an example of "tribalism". The pigs lived fat off the eggs of the chickens. The chickens were being underfed. They werent treated right. They revolted. They broke the eggs instead of letting the pigs continue reaping where they did not sow. Owing to the vicious nature of the pigs and how they killed with impunity; the hens felt they were as good as dead. They probably figured death was better than living as slaves and being fed scraps off the proceeds of what belonged to them in the first place! But what did the Pigs do? Did they kill the Hens for sabotaging the egg collection? fUXcks no! If there pigs were anything, they werent silly! Nobody kills the goose that lays the golden egg! So, what did they do? THEY BASICALLY, "BLOCKADED" THE HENS, STARVED THEM INTO SUBMISSION UNTIL THE HENS WERE FORCED TO GIVE UP AND START GIVEN EGGS TO THE PIGS AGAIN! STARVED THEM TILL THEY GOT WHAT THEY GOT! The Hens gave up, but in snippets as the book goes on, u'll see the hens express bitterness. You can tell theyre probably wishing they were stronger and could take on not just the Pigs, but even the rest of the animals cus they probably blamed them for not standing up to the Pigs when they (hens) revolted.

You can even go on and pretend the Hens had a Leader named Ojukwu! Dont blame me, I'm usually one with a book when Im reading it. But I'm sure u get it.

Now, apart from those three examples I just refrred to, can you show me ONE HINT OF TRIBALISM IN THE ORIGINAL POST? .

Matter fact, use those 3 examples too. Show me one hint of tribalism, because I honestly fail to see it.

I see you went back and edited you nonsense after be let you know how dumb you were,lol. And still you(duffus) still can't grow a brain. Since when did the Nigerian forces not consist of Igbos too? Since when where the people starved only Igbos? The whole Hen and Igbo comparison makes no sense,mt eediot friend. Also, no mention of the Yorubas as a people,where they at nig? grin.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by cap28: 4:14am On Mar 06, 2011
Sefago said:
You have reduced the diverse themes in animal farm into one thesis. That is your underlying and fallacious assumption. Moreover, what drove marxism if not the greed of the Russian Monarchy? To build upon his general criticsm of marxism, Orwell had to sketch characters that represented all the vices that plague human kind, vices of greed, of hatred, of group think (something that is common in all forms of government from democracy all the way to fascism and monarchy). Thats is where the universality of literature comes from and that is why they are termed the humanities because they are reflection of human behavior both the good, the bad and the ugly.

Also its not "thinly disguised"- the only reason it was easy to interpret as a cirticism of marxism was because it was written during that era and because Orwell was very vocal about his opinion of Stalin's Government. If Orwell had lived in the 20th century, his work could easily have been paralleled towards the imperialism and paternalism of first world nations towards developing nations by an astute observer.

Try again. I am seriously disappointed.

Self aggrandisement and narcissim are unattractive traits, however they are usually displayed by people who are genuinely intelligent not delusional wannabes like you, therefore my advice to you is stop pretending to be clever because the only person you are fooling is yourself.

Orwell did not have to "build" upon his criticism of marxism by creating characters that represented all the vices known to man because that was not the objective of this work, Orwell was pre occupied with highlighting the evils of totalitarinism - that was his specfiic message and objective in animal farm.  Your simplistic analogy attempts to gloss over and reduce a complicated story about a failed revolution to some braindead simplistic comparison about basic human frailties.

Orwell had no need  to sketch , create or build on any of his characters because Animal Farm was not a work of fiction it was a factual account of a failed utopia.  As a matter of fact the subject matter of animal farm was regarded as so obvious and so controversial it was banned in eastern europe until 1989.  If the book were merely a general story about universal human frailities why was it seen as such a threat by the eastern bloc govts?

Your last sentence betrays your ignorance because Orwell DID actually live in the 20th century and he dealt with britain's imperialism and paternalism towards its former colony Burma in his book "Shooting Elephants".

Next time try understanding a topic before posting - thanks.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by cap28: 4:28am On Mar 06, 2011
[s]
bk.babe97y:

Thanks! lol

The "tribalism" comment tho, was it referring to original post  or the scrapping going on now btwn me and the "sheep" up there? If its to the OP I, humbly, ask :" can you (and I ask you with all sincerity) show me ONE,JUST ONE, thing that was, without with being tinged with humor, tribalism. The only wise crack I made was towards Eziachi. Beaf as Squealer? I doubt you could defend that without getting convicted here in Naira Land Court? Your trial wouldnt even last 10mins and the jury will return a verdict without leaving the pew! Whole trial---between start and when a verdict is returned? 10:48secs ---FLAT!!! I'm that confident. So, we agree with that.

Next was referring to the Ibos as the "hens whose eggs kept getting taking". You surely cant say my characterization can be described as an example of "tribalism". The pigs lived fat off the eggs of the chickens. The chickens were being underfed. They werent treated right. They revolted. They broke the eggs instead of letting the pigs continue reaping where they did not sow. Owing to the vicious nature of the pigs and how they killed with impunity; the hens felt they were as good as dead. They probably figured death was better than living as slaves and being fed scraps off the proceeds of what belonged to them in the first place! But what did the Pigs do? Did they kill the Hens for sabotaging the egg collection? fUXcks no! If there pigs were anything, they werent silly! Nobody kills the goose that lays the golden egg! So, what did they do? THEY BASICALLY, "BLOCKADED" THE HENS, STARVED THEM INTO SUBMISSION UNTIL THE HENS WERE FORCED TO GIVE UP AND START GIVEN EGGS TO THE PIGS AGAIN! STARVED THEM TILL THEY GOT WHAT THEY GOT! The Hens gave up, but in snippets as the book goes on, u'll see the hens express bitterness. You can tell theyre probably wishing they were stronger and could take on not just the Pigs, but even the rest of the animals cus they probably blamed them for not standing up to the Pigs when they (hens) revolted.

[/s]

PURE GIBBERISH - Its time for the men in white coats to return you to your secure unit, don't you think?
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 4:28am On Mar 06, 2011
Chyz*:

I see you went back and edited you nonsense after be let you know how dumb you were,lol. And still you(duffus) still can't grow a brain. Since when did the Nigerian forces not consist of Igbos too? Since when where the people starved only Igbos? The whole Hen and Igbo comparison makes no sense,mt eediot friend. Also, no mention of the Yorubas as a people,where they at nig? grin.

Well, ure known to come from a section to whom the truth is like tar on skin; They never touch! So, I dont expect you to tell the truth now.

WTF did I edit?!

Btw, u fuxcktard, are you telling us that a good number of Ibos (10,000 or more---- dont give me a st*upid 2 or 3 names) fought on the side of Nigeria against Biafra? You piece of shiyyt is that what your telling me? So, why call others traitors if youre admitting that your own Ibo tribesmen carried up arms and  fought against the actualization of Biafra?! Theres no worse a traitor than a son who wages war against, and kills, his own father!

Were the Ibos starved during the war? Yes? No? Cus I can pull up YOUR old posts if you want. You guys' deceitfulness is disgusting. You'll turn the truth on its head in a jiffy. To you theres no truth; Just the story u "FEEL" like telling at the moment.

Such a shame. . . . .
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 4:31am On Mar 06, 2011
cap28:

[s][/s]

PURE GIBBERISH - Its time for the men in white coats to return you to your secure unit, don't you think? 

Yes, you right!

Anything, you say boss! I agree. . . . .

Now, can you please go back to chatting with Sefago, You guys seemed to be getting along just fine. Thank u!
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EkoIle1: 4:31am On Mar 06, 2011
@ bk.babe97y

Cut these clowns some slack, you are killing them. lmao
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Chyz2: 4:33am On Mar 06, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Well, ure known to come from a section to whom the truth is like tar on skin; They never touch! So, I dont expect you to tell the truth now.

WTF did I edit?!

Btw, u fuxcktard, are you telling us that a good number of Ibos (10,000 or more---- dont give me a st*upid 2 or 3 names) fought on the side of Nigeria against Biafra? You piece of shiyyt is that what your telling me? So, why call others traitors if youre admitting that your own Ibo tribesmen carried up arms and  fought against the actualization of Biafra?! Theres no worse a traitor than a son who wages war against, and kills, his own father!

Were the Ibos starved during the war? Yes? No? Cus I can pull up YOUR old posts if you want. You guys' deceitfulness is disgusting. You'll turn the truth on its head in a jiffy. To you theres no truth; Just the story u "FEEL" like telling at the moment.

Such a shame. . . . .

You getting mad at a people  who are known not to give a damn about what you think,lol. Did Banjo and other yorubas not fight against their people? What a traitor huh?lol.  Biafran Army and Nigerian Army, totally separate from the civilians,get it? The smell of frustration from a dumb-dumb yoruba due to the impeccable intelligence of an Igbo man is relieving. cool
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Chyz2: 4:35am On Mar 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

@ bk.babe97y

Cut these clowns some slack, you are killing them. lmao

Yea right,lol. I get it now; You run and Bk(your brother) whines. Nice combo.Really sums up the yoruba culture. wink
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by SEFAGO(m): 4:38am On Mar 06, 2011
Your last sentence betrays your ignorance because Orwell DID actually live in the 20th century and he dealt with britain's imperialism and paternalism towards its former colony Burma in his book "Shooting Elephants".

I meant 21st century, I am multitasking mate. Its pretty easy to infer if you read carefully instead of typing without bothering to comprehend what I wrote. I was talking about modern day paternalism or what people refer to as neo-colonialism (Thats why i used first world nations) as opposed to colonialism.

Orwell had no need  to sketch , create or build on any of his characters because Animal Farm was not a work of fiction it was a factual account of a failed utopia.  As a matter of fact the subject matter of animal farm was regarded as so obvious and so controversial it was banned in eastern europe until 1989.  If the book were merely a general story about universal human frailities why was it seen as such a threat by the eastern bloc govts?

I never said otherwise. You have failed to comprehend what I wrote. I said:

Also its not "thinly disguised"- [b]the only reason it was easy to interpret [/b]as a cirticism of marxism was because it was written during that era and because Orwell was very vocal about his opinion of Stalin's Government. If Orwell had lived in the 20th century, his work could easily have been paralleled towards the imperialism and paternalism of first world nations towards developing nations by an astute observer.

I said the fact that he wrote it at that specific time period gave it strong contetx. It was directed towards communism but that does not preclude its message about the fact that certain forms of government elevate the leaders over the followers although they promise equality. Even democracy, in which we expect our leaders to show a bit of accountability

So, I did not claim that it was not a direct attack on Marxism, but that its message can be applied inour time to other forms of government. You must be deluded if you think that the failings of communism was an inherent problem with marxism inasmuch as problem with all forms of government. It follows then that Animal Farm can be used as a parallel to various political situations. Your next action, has already being mentioned then is to point out why such comparisons are infact flawed.

The fact that Awolowo might not have created a political ideology like  is not infact sufficient evidence to discount a parallel. Let me give you an example, I lifted it straight from the internet, and I hope you can follow from it:

Pupils are more like oysters than sausages. The job of teaching is not to stuff them and then seal them up, but to help them open and reveal the riches within. There are pearls in each of us, if only we knew how to cultivate them with ardor and persistence.

Can you see the analogy? Now what you are doing on the otherhand is this: Wait how are pupils like Oysters? They are not shaped like oysters. They dont walk like oysters. They dont smell like oysters. And sausages, how can pupils be likened to sausages? You cannot eat pupils, you cannot fry pupils, you cannot e.t.c

But the pupils are not required to have the exact same properties as an oyster.

Its supposed to be an analogy not a metaphor. You seem to be mixing up the two.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EkoIle1: 4:45am On Mar 06, 2011
Chyz*:

Yea right,lol. I get it now; You run and Bk(your brother) whines. Nice combo.Really sums up the yoruba culture. wink

Ode omo Igbo. abeg face your front, my help is not needed here, he's doing a great job whooping your a/s/s all by himself and me stepping in to smack you go be cruel and unusual punishment.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Chyz2: 4:51am On Mar 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

Ode omo Igbo. abeg face your front, my help is not needed here, he's doing a great job whooping your a/s/s all by himself and me stepping in to smack you go be cruel and unusual punishment.

Its in your culture to run.It's called cowardice. cheesy

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47tlFVBA130[/flash]
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EzeUche2(m): 5:02am On Mar 06, 2011
grin grin grin

Even with a literary debate, an argument is still laced with tribalism. Why do SOME Yoruba posters always have to go along with the crowd? It is a honest question.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 5:19am On Mar 06, 2011
SEFAGO:

I meant 21st century, I am multitasking mate. Its pretty easy to infer if you read carefully instead of typing without bothering to comprehend what I wrote. I was talking about modern day paternalism or what people refer to as neo-colonialism (Thats why i used first world nations) as opposed to colonialism.

I never said otherwise. You have failed to comprehend what I wrote. I said:

I said the fact that he wrote it at that specific time period gave it strong contetx. It was directed towards communism but that does not preclude its message about the fact that certain forms of government elevate the leaders over the followers although they promise equality. Even democracy, in which we expect our leaders to show a bit of accountability

So, I did not claim that it was not a direct attack on Marxism, but that its message can be applied inour time to other forms of government. You must be deluded if you think that the failings of communism was an inherent problem with marxism inasmuch as problem with all forms of government. It follows then that Animal Farm can be used as a parallel to various political situations. Your next action, has already being mentioned then is to point out why such comparisons are infact flawed.

The fact that Awolowo might not have created a political ideology like  is not infact sufficient evidence to discount a parallel. Let me give you an example, I lifted it straight from the internet, and I hope you can follow from it:

Can you see the analogy? Now what you are doing on the otherhand is this: Wait how are pupils like Oysters? They are not shaped like oysters. They dont walk like oysters. They dont smell like oysters. And sausages, how can pupils be likened to sausages? You cannot eat pupils, you cannot fry pupils, you cannot e.t.c

But the pupils are not required to have the exact same properties as an oyster.

Its supposed to be an analogy not a metaphor. You seem to be mixing up the two.

Oh man. After reading your post, its a shame that we're even discussing anything with these dudes. Like, how hard can it be?

Just imagine if the earth had like 1billion people that have the mentality of people like cap28 and his crew. . . . . .

We'd be doomed as a race! We'd be finished, and when aliens land theyd just find the earth inhabited with lush green vegetation and full, robust, well fed animals.

For some weird reason Something scary tells me we've got way more than 1billion people that think just like cap28.

Oh, my . . . . . . .
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bkbabe97y(m): 5:22am On Mar 06, 2011
Chyz*:

You getting mad at a people  who are known not to give a damn about what you think,lol. Did Banjo and other yorubas not fight against their people? What a traitor huh?lol.  Biafran Army and Nigerian Army, totally separate from the civilians,get it? The smell of frustration from a dumb-dumb yoruba due to the impeccable intelligence of an Igbo man is relieving. cool

What has Banjo got to do with anything?

Jesus! Do you have a galfriend? I really hope not!

Know what? I'm off to the club--- something you should try doing some more;Socializing! And with races other than Ibo. . . .

You give me a headache!
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by AljUche: 5:27am On Mar 06, 2011
bk.babe97y:

What has Banjo got to do with anything?

Jesus! Do you have a galfriend? I really hope not!

Know what? I'm off to the club--- something you should try doing some more;Socializing! And with races other than Ibo. . . .

You give me a headache!

yes he has a galfriend according to him a kwara babe how sad that that girl is blind cry cry i hope she does not have fulani blood running through her veins because she has disrespected at heritage angry it is better for her to be pure yoruba
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EkoIle1: 6:07am On Mar 06, 2011
Chyz*:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47tlFVBA130[/flash]
Chyz*:

The only coward on record is Ojukwu and we can forget how ibo people ran like pancies back to iboland everytime  Hausa man whoop their a's's.

Even though den no touch them after June 12, the same ibo cowards ran back to ibo land like little girls, and the grand master of all cowards na Zikwey run comot and stayed away while his country dey burn.

Yoruba people's history exhibits bravery, we are not afraid to fight and give our lives fighting for everybody's right and freedom, our leaders fron Awolowo to soyinka, gani, fela, abiola and his wife,, solarin, ajasin, dele giwa and many more were sent to jail and killed for their acts of bravery. Something ibo people don't know ish about.

And during the civil war when the war was crappy, Yoruba military men took over and whoop your biafran a's's and you end up surrendering to another yoruba man after your weak and incompetent coward and rebel leader took off like a sisy fagg.

Now shut your mouth and go read more about your history of cowardice and incompetency
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by henry101(m): 6:59am On Mar 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

The only coward on record is Ojukwu and we can forget how ibo people ran like pancies back to iboland everytime  Hausa man whoop their a's's.

Even though den no touch them after June 12, the same ibo cowards ran back to ibo land like little girls, and the grand master of all cowards na Zikwey run comot and stayed away while his country dey burn.

Yoruba people's history exhibits bravery, we are not afraid to fight and give our lives fighting for everybody's right and freedom, our leaders fron Awolowo to soyinka, gani, fela, abiola and his wife,, solarin, ajasin, dele giwa and many more were sent to jail and killed for their acts of bravery. Something ibo people don't know ish about.

And during the civil war when the war was crappy, Yoruba military men took over and whoop your biafran a's's and you end up surrendering to another yoruba man after your weak and incompetent coward and rebel leader took off like a sisy fagg.

Now shut your mouth and go read more about your history of cowardice and incompetency

Are you done licking up Tinubu's Ar/se, today or you gonna do some overtime job?
How am I not sure you are not one of his errand boys that distribute drugs for him or maintain his numerous foreign accounts?
Did you forget to mention how Diya and Adisa cried to an ordinary major Mustapha?
How many soldiers were thrown to jail by Abacha and who was the military officer that ran after a coup in Nigeria?
You say your freaking story to suit your lifestyle.
Drug lord errand boy, i am sure you wont get paid if you dont say anything about a section of the country every 10mins.
Go get a life and stop being a resounding broken stale record.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bashr4: 7:28am On Mar 06, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Thanks! lol

total rubbish , oil should go to ijaws secondly who told you only igbos fought the biafran war, what about efik,ibibio, hell even some yorubas like banjo. what the igbos have you can never take from them and its not oil.secondly startvation had nothin to do with end of the civil war. some children starved but the soldiers were ever ready and increasing recruitment.there lots of people still starving today today in nigeria and dying of starvation but the igbos are not amongs them. give it up man what you read in nairaland is not the same as what is happening in nigeria.

pig=Hausa/Yoruba/Rest of Nigeria indeed
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by bashr4: 7:56am On Mar 06, 2011
Eko Ile:

yes the hausa whop our a.s.s in their land but they come into your land up till today to whop yours and you cant do shit about that , now who is the coward? the other day ijaws whopped your a/s/s in ondo and you all ran to lagos and ibadan in twinkle of an eye .you dont even have the balls to go beyond the SW. nigerians know who the cowards are. as for what happened in the biafran war, the documents are all over the net so arguing with you is a waste of time since you have access to internet you can educate yourself so that you dont sound stupid in public.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by ekubear1: 8:58am On Mar 06, 2011
Anyway, in case there was any doubt before. . . it is pretty clear that bk.babe is an intelligent and well-read dude. Certainly far above average when compared to your typical nairalander.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by EzeUche2(m): 9:31am On Mar 06, 2011
eku_bear:

Anyway, in case there was any doubt before. . . it is pretty clear that bk.babe is an intelligent and well-read dude. Certainly far above average when compared to your typical nairalander.

Because he is talking about Animal Farm? Way to set your standard low. Anyone who hasn't read Animal Farm should be slapped.

I would be more impressed if someone read L'Étranger by Albert Camus and give me a critique of the novel. Even an in-depth analysis of Il Principe by Niccolo Machiavelli would be much appreciated.

Not this dribble of an analysis we have in this thread.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by Katsumoto: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2011
eku_bear:

Without a doubt but unfortunately he is not seen as such due to his usual run-ins with Ndigbo.

Its a shame that some have tried to derail this thread in their usual manner because I think this thread could be very interesting with various adaptations of Bkbabe's analogy. What I expected of some was a complete change of characters. If you disagree with GEJ as Napoleon or as Awo as Old Major, why not come up with another list of characters and state how you reached your conclusion. But as with all things human, those who cannot be creative must criticise at all cost.

With 6.5 billion on the planet, you will not find two people who are completely identical, yet some believe that an adaptation of animal farm or any other work, should involve like for like comparisons with regards to the message, the individuals, and the context. If that is the case, where do you find another USSR, Stalin or Trotsky? Try as you may, you can not compare the USSR with Cuba or China. You will not find 100% similarities between the war of liberation and the Bolshevik revolution.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by anonimi: 11:17am On Mar 06, 2011
While we are debating and identifying our favourites for president and governors of our states, we should not lose focus on the candidates for national and state assembly LEGISLATORS.
Do you know your constituency?
Let us scrutinise, select and mobilise support for our candidates based on their individual integrity rather than blindly following party's choice that may be the wife, kid, in-law, relation of the party godfathers.
We can reduce the legisLOOTERS and increase the legislators who can channel our needs to the executives and make better laws for us all.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by ekubear1: 11:31am On Mar 06, 2011
^---- What the hell is wrong with this goddamn moronic spammer?!?!

Can you quit your sh1t for once, asswipe?

I wish I could reach through the internet and slap you.
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by fstranger3(m): 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2011
^^^
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ISnt it supposed to be a free cyber world? You seem bothered by this guy for real,
Re: George Orwell Must Have Been Thinking About Nigeria When He Wrote Animal Farm! by emmatok(m): 1:20pm On Mar 06, 2011
Katsumoto:

Without a doubt but unfortunately he is not seen as such due to his usual run-ins with Ndigbo.

Its a shame that some have tried to derail this thread in their usual manner because I think this thread could be very interesting with various adaptations of Bkbabe's anology. What I expected of some was a complete change of characters[b]. If you disagreee with GEJ as Napoleon or as Awo as Old Major, why not come up with another list of characters and state how you reached your conclusion. But as with all things human, those who cannot be creative must critise at all cost.
[/b]
With 6.5 billion on the planet, you will not find two people who are completely identical, yet some believe that an adaptation of animal farm or any other work, should involve like for like comparisons with regards to the message, the individuals, and the context. If that is the case, where do you find another USSR, Stalin or Trotsky? Try as you may, you can not compare the USSR with Cuba or China. You will not find 100% similarities between the war of liberation and the Bolshevik revolution.

THANK YOU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

President Buhari’s Christmas Message To Nigerians (must Read) / Reps Summon DSS Boss, Daura, Over Ekiti Assembly Invasion / Senators Clash Over Security Activities At Ports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.