Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts (34037 Views)

How Do I Move On From My Best Friend’s Death / This Girl I'm Dating Forgot My Birthday, Should I Move On ? / How Do I Move On From My Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Monchadam: 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2020
jesmond3945:
is a choice you have not made yet. Yes she was golden but that was in the past. You are stopping the next person from showing you gold. I mean how can hold on to something and would let go thereby stopping the next golden thing hold on to. Finally, if you think she cares about you now, my brother am sorry she doesn't. She is now in the after life were memories are erased and a new experience installed. She has moved on while you have not made that choice to do same.

I'll move on.. thanks
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by eburuu: 1:01pm On Oct 15, 2020
change is constant.....death is a sure odd...if u have this zeal on you next time u wunt post this shit...way foword!!
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by fujirice: 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2020
This is the reason why I let myself go and cried like baby when I got the news of my father’s demise.
Believe me, crying helps to relieve the pain.
Also, just like someone said, try to occupy yourself with other activities, with time you will regain yourself. Time heals all wounds.
Take heart my brother

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by mannasseh(m): 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2020
Zzor:
Eiya,and I was busy fighting you anywhere you pop up,sorry too.Dust yourself and take things in your stride and move on with life.Good to know you've moved on.But stop looking for trouble
na you start d trouble
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2020
mannasseh:

na you start d trouble
cant you avoid trouble if you see any,must you embrace it
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by mozona(m): 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2020
na you kill am
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2020
SHE'S GONE FOR GOOD.GET ANOTHER LADY AND WATCH HOW GRADUALLY SHE JUST BECOME A MEMORY.[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by bejeria101(m): 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2020
I was in this same situation just like you, tried calling her at a period and got no answer.

Her friend got back to me and said she had passed on over the weekend, I broke down in tears, she left behind a 7yearold daughter and parents.

Her number is still in my phone because I want to believe she is alive, but the truth is she is long gone.

Rest in peace Pamela Yeri. cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Michaelota: 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2020
Read inspirational books, the word of God and pray without ceasing. We all die one day.
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by amliftedhigher: 2:18pm On Oct 15, 2020
What killed her?
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Monchadam: 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2020
amliftedhigher:
What killed her?

An unknown illness
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Exmilitant(m): 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2020
jesmond3945:
is a choice you have not made yet. Yes she was golden but that was in the past. You are stopping the next person from showing you gold. I mean how can hold on to something and would let go thereby stopping the next golden thing hold on to. Finally, if you think she cares about you now, my brother am sorry she doesn't. She is now in the after life were memories are erased and a new experience installed. She has moved on while you have not made that choice to do same. You feel like their is a debt to pay but is just in your head.
Best advice so far. I wonder why people still cling to things and all that in this uncertain world! I personally frown at attachment!!
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Monchadam: 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2020
bejeria101:
I was in this same situation just like you, tried calling her at a period and got no answer.

Her friend got back to me and said she had passed on over the weekend, I broke down in tears, she left behind a 7yearold daughter and parents.

Her number is still in my phone because I want to believe she is alive, but the truth is she is long gone.

Rest in peace Pamela Yeri. cry cry cry

My condolences
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Deltatoto: 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2020
okanlanwon44879:
Everything in life is transient. Hence, we should try not to be unnecessarily emotionally attached to anything/anyone. For moving on, no amount of word will teach you that. Life (time) will!
u don talk am finish.d least thg anybody can use to threaten me now is death.e no Dey fear me again.why fear abt smthg that must happen?i lost my elder sis and my dad in one week.we haven’t buried dem.nthg bothers me anymore.
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by SavageBoy: 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2020
hahn:

Chai. Friend zone don hold this one for kidney sad

Are you sensible at allundecided
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Aarenasbaba(m): 2:36pm On Oct 15, 2020
The last paragraph says "she decided to leave the world"

Death is not anybody decision.... He acts at his own will
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Ceeblaq10: 2:38pm On Oct 15, 2020
make we end sars first abeg....
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Godi25(m): 2:38pm On Oct 15, 2020
It is really painful but remember that she always wanted you to be happy so to show that you truly love her, try to be happy to make her happy too. It's difficult but you can do it. If for anything, just try and be happy for her sake.
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by hresso: 2:40pm On Oct 15, 2020
You never get over it.
You forget but then you remember again, and it hurts you.
It gets worse and worse.
You wonder what you could have done, over and over.
Then you relive the days you had together, you relive the day they died.
You want to go back in time.
You want to fix everything.
But you can't.
Then the years go by and you forget again, and it actually becomes bearable.
But you remeber every so often and the fact that it has been so long kills you.
You wan't to cry, but you can't, the tears have dried up inside you and you can't let it out anymore.
You are terrified that you'll forget them.
You hate yourself for forgetting.
You are forever trapped.
But then other things happen.
You get older, you make more friends, you move to other places.
You get married you have kids and well, you learn to be happy.
You still go back into those deep lapses of depression, but you can still be very happy.

You just have to be distracted....

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by ledaman: 2:46pm On Oct 15, 2020
You should start praying a lot now and don't isolate your self often. Go and meet friends.
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by mechanics(m): 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2020
Zzor:
Thats your belief but on the the hand it's a kind of remembrance
hmmmm, nothing like remembrance, that's why we have to be Christlike, because we don't know our last day on earth.
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by boscho(m): 2:55pm On Oct 15, 2020
He should pray for her for what sir ?

Zzor:
never be too emotional about death,we all would go someday,though I understand it could be hard dealing with the trauma but you've got no options than to continue living and making sure you are happy since that was what she always urged you to do.Never forget praying for her
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by UcheforGod(f): 2:56pm On Oct 15, 2020
Zzor:
never be too emotional about death,we all would go someday,though I understand it could be hard dealing with the trauma but you've got no options than to continue living and making sure you are happy since that was what she always urged you to do.Never forget praying for her
Praying for her as in how? She is dead and buried na. He should pray for himself who is still alive. It is appointed unto men once to die and after that judgement follows.
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2020
UcheforGod:
Praying for her as in how? She is dead and buried na. He should pray for himself who is still alive. It is appointed unto men once to die and after that judgement follows.
we were taught to pray for our beloved ones who are no longer with us on earth,they still need our prayers
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Alexk2(m): 3:05pm On Oct 15, 2020
Monchadam:
Hi.

My friend died around June this year and she was buried quickly. Before that, we were close pals, we weren't dating, but she was my friend, and I loved her, she loved me too. When I went through hard times she was with me. In her absence and in her presence, she sent me messages daily on how I should own the day and make it fruitful, we created memories together.

Even in my anger, she would hold me in silence, I've never experienced that kind of love from anyone, never before.

I honestly would have married her, when the time was right, I'm sure of that. The purest soul I've met.
She shared everything with me, as I did with her. And always wanted to know what went through my mind.

To the problems she couldn't solve, she held me and stayed silent.

I'm still broken till date, I cant move on, I just cant.
I still call her number to see if it would go.

How do I move on guys? It still hurts, that the only person who really loved and cared decided to leave this world.

I need your advice on how to move on. Thank you
It's painful enough to have a loved one die but more painful when you can't bring closure to the way he/she died.
Which one is your case?
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Monchadam: 3:14pm On Oct 15, 2020
Alexk2:

It's painful enough to have a loved one die but more painful when you can't bring closure to the way he/she died.
Which one is your case?

They said she complained of a headache, moments before she died.

No one knew the cause of death
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by AquaSpunky(m): 3:19pm On Oct 15, 2020
Healing prayers & comforting hugs to all the people who have lost someone. May God give youse the serenity to bear the loss embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Alexk2(m): 3:28pm On Oct 15, 2020
Monchadam:

They said she complained of a headache, moments before she died.

No one knew the cause of death
That's it. Stop trying to resolve the misery behind her death but instead hand it all over to God in serious concerted prayer. I mean, "pray" it all to God and leave it there.
That will not take the pain away totally but it'll help you to find peace within knowing fully well that God will hand it all....lastly like someone said, live your life, move on even with the pain cos you don't get to forget such.
#TalkingFromExperience

1 Like

Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by BREYZ: 3:32pm On Oct 15, 2020
Monchadam:
Hi.

My friend died around June this year and she was buried quickly. Before that, we were close pals, we weren't dating, but she was my friend, and I loved her, she loved me too. When I went through hard times she was with me. In her absence and in her presence, she sent me messages daily on how I should own the day and make it fruitful, we created memories together.

Even in my anger, she would hold me in silence, I've never experienced that kind of love from anyone, never before.

I honestly would have married her, when the time was right, I'm sure of that. The purest soul I've met.
She shared everything with me, as I did with her. And always wanted to know what went through my mind.

To the problems she couldn't solve, she held me and stayed silent.

I'm still broken till date, I cant move on, I just cant.
I still call her number to see if it would go.

How do I move on guys? It still hurts, that the only person who really loved and cared decided to leave this world.

I need your advice on how to move on. Thank you

its really going to take much time. Mine left in 2011 and it has been pretty difficult ever since but one way or the other i always remember her and whatever i do everyday, i do it for us. she was a pretty soul & each time she always had something to say to me but when it was time to go, i never gave her enough time to tell me that which she always wanted to tell me.

continue to rest in peace Emma cry cry
Gone but will never be forgotten

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Monchadam: 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2020
BREYZ:

its really going to take much time. Mine left in 2011 and it has been pretty difficult ever since but one way or the other i always remember her and whatever i do everyday, i do it for us. she was a pretty soul & each time she always had something to say to me but when it was time to go, i never gave her enough time to tell me that which she always wanted to tell me.

continue to rest in peace Emma cry cry
Gone but will never be forgotten

My condolences bro
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Monchadam: 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2020
Alexk2:

That's it. Stop trying to resolve the misery behind her death but instead hand it all over to God in serious concerted prayer. I mean, "pray" it all to God and leave it there.
That will not take the pain away totally but it'll help you to find peace within knowing fully well that God will hand it all....lastly like someone said, live your life, move on even with the pain cos you don't get to forget such.
#TalkingFromExperience

Thanks alot
Re: How Do I Move On After My Friend's Death.. Still Hurts by Earnonline7: 3:36pm On Oct 15, 2020
really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Relationship Is About Crashing / How Waist Bead Caused Fight Between My Girlfriend And I / Different Ways Nigerian Girls React And Handle Relationship Break Ups. - Memes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.