Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! (53604 Views)

I'm Being Offered Free Sèx And I'm Scared / No Sex Before Marriage ( I'm Taking A Break) / He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by dozofavour(m): 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2020
Acekidc4:

There is a Total Joy in getting Married to The Right Woman.......am a Living Testimony

Congratulations to you
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by OwenJesse27(m): 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2020
Penboy:

Why? If I may ask
I always wanted to have a pharmacy ...but am an engineering guy so having a doctor we aid things up ...plus female doc are intelligent too smiley
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by OwenJesse27(m): 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
tarantino1:

Next time ask properly before jumping into conclusions
.u wan beat me cry
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Vaiki(m): 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
Temmylee01:
sure your your generation won't know peace for sure. Ewu!!!!!!!
Stop being immature,let the guy be. He has shown brotherly love already.
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Patented: 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2020
Though shall not let the pressure get to you
SatisfyOG:
This is becoming irritating, for crying out loud.

When I go visiting a family or old neighbours. They'll be asking questions like:

Why are you not married yet?

You are getting old oo!

Time is going, do fast!

And many other words like these...

I mean, will they be there to feed my family when I'm into the marriage? I don't know why Africa is so obsessed with marriage of a thing.

For crying out loud, I'll be just 29.

The numbers of married men disturbing me for financial assistance daily ehn. That's a turn off to get married soon.

Your opinion please.
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by CalabarPikin: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2020
SatisfyOG:

The numbers of married men disturbing me for financial assistance daily ehn. That's a turn off to get married soon.

They is no time in life as sweet and enjoyable compared to being single....I swear down....my married sis will always tell me...bro enjoy ur single hood.... I'll like whaaaa..??
My gf left me to marry cuz of pressure from family and friends....a 23yr old babe at that...no issues...d problem now..she keep calling nd texting me seeking for us to see.....my sister I don't do married women

12 Likes

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by naturefellow(m): 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2020
"they're too old; they should be dead"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by omooba969(m): 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2020
capricornlady:
Same here.. Everyone's asking when i'll get married, but sincerely i wanna get married but it seems there's no love again, all the MEN are taken angry

It is well

Lol cheesy
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Yankee101: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2020
Plan, save, be a king then seek out a queen

6 Likes

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by phr0nesis(m): 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2020
omoadeleye:

Do you mean you have bipolar disorder or what
Bisexual. He is attracted to both male and female
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by damiloladuke: 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2020
OK
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by pocohantas(f): 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2020
SmartPolician:

Huncle, speak for yourself

What financial value has a girl of 24 in today's Nigeria?

You think it's easy to shoulder marital responsibility?

Maybe he isn’t looking for financial value in a wife. People marry for different reasons. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by simplesearch: 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2020
This is not about Africa or black man mentality, it's a universal thing. They must have seen your need for a partner, those are well wishers so don't take offence. And scripturally speaking there is time for everything under the sun; a time to be born and time to die. However, the major hindrance to settling down early in this part of the world boils down to the fact that higher percentage of young men with high hope, dream, expectation have been shattered or grounded by the unbecoming economic reality of our days, thereby emasculating many in that process. The whites are little bedeviled with such struggles as they can afford most of the things we dream about so no basis for comparison with them in this regard. It is also to be noted that early plantings produce early harvests this is also applicable to marriage, @ 36 some white women are already grand mum. In summary, you can delay for all you can and still not get it right, it's not only a factor of time. Just depend on God's wisdom pray and make a choice based on God's expectation for your life. Once this is done don't exercise any fear your marriage will be fine!

6 Likes

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Purplebubble: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2020
AlphaMajestic:

shut ur trap...dummy
what is the meaning of this rubbish? Abi frustration is making u learn how to curse? Better mind yourself
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Odunolumide(m): 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2020
capricornlady:
Same here.. Everyone's asking when i'll get married, but sincerely i wanna get married but it seems there's no love again, all the MEN are taken angry

It is well

All the men are not taken , na money matter.

4 Likes

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Psalmy2cute(m): 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2020
SatisfyOG:

When I go visiting a family or old neighbours. They'll be asking questions like:

You are getting old oo!

Time is going, do fast!

I mean, will they be there to feed my family when I'm into the marriage? I don't know why Africa is so obsessed with marriage of a thing.

Your opinion please.
I like your kind of woman.. angry angry sadly most Nigerian women are ignorant and they think marriage is a way out of their parents poverty and feed fat of their husbands hardwork,... they dont want to work very lazy set of mofo's they think their only responsibility Is cook and bring children into this fucking country

1 Like

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by laidima88(m): 6:27pm On Nov 09, 2020
can we chat ? I can marry u if u don't mind
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2020
Yankee101:
Plan, save, be a king then seek out a queen
true words.

1 Like

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by vickydevoka(m): 6:31pm On Nov 09, 2020
laidima88:
can we chat ?
I can marry u if u don't mind
I think he is a man.
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by SAMBARRY: 6:35pm On Nov 09, 2020
SatisfyOG:

You are getting old oo!

Time is going, do fast!

Your opinion please.
once you feel harassed by the when will you marry question,ask them to give you a job or money to start a buisness, trust me they'll get the message and face front

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by MiaBeer(m): 6:36pm On Nov 09, 2020
SatisfyOG:

You are getting old oo!

Time is going, do fast!

Your opinion please.
You don't have to wait any longer, the moment you start getting those questions. Take those questions seriously and start getting ready to settle down. They are asking legitimate questions and you must provide legitimate answers to their questions. Good Luck sha cheesy
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Emotionss: 6:37pm On Nov 09, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
pocohantas:

Your lifestyles be killing you men. Stop taking tramadol to fûck someone’s future wife in your youth. Stop gulping excess alcohol. Stop driving like mad people- no be bad thing to drive like woman. Exercise and trim your afo beer!

Do all this (and more), you won’t need someone’s daughter to prepare wheat and ugu without oil for you in your 50s.

Ma'am I don't think that is the reason why many married men are dying at a young age.

Marrying a nagging, selfcenterd liability is one,

overworking just to take care of your wife and her extended family members is another. There are many more examples ooo.

Imagine someone telling me one of the condition for her to accept marriage proposal from man is that person Must send her Brother abroad. As in how ?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by humilitypays(m): 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2020
Before you advice or force any young man to go and get married, please make sure you have any of the below to offer to him:

1.) 5 million Naira cash assistance

2.) A job that will pay him at least 250,000 Naira monthly

3.) PR to any of these countries: Canada, Australia, UK, US, Germany, etc

4.) Government appointment that pays him at least 500,000 Naira monthly for at least 4 years

5.) Contract that will earn him an instant 5 million and above

If you cannot offer any young man any of the above things, please don't advice him to get married. Enough is enough of multiplying poverty and hopelessness in Nigeria! angry angry

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by ZooOga: 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2020
SatisfyOG:

You are getting old oo!

Time is going, do fast!

Your opinion please.

you are right brotha, sow dem wild oats until libido calms down. there's too much easy to get toto out here.
since when does a African man have to settle down with one woman and soon get bored and be miserable? see Chairman Ned Nwoko with more wives and concubines than abokis ?

get your money and f**k these open legs, loose wanna be slaybaes until your heart is content. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VLHVU3OPI
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by pocohantas(f): 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2020
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Ma'am I don't think that is the reason why many married men are dying at a young age.

Marrying a nagging, selfcenterd liability is one,

overworking just to take care of your wife and her extended family members is another. There are many more examples ooo.

Imagine someone telling me one of the condition for her to accept marriage proposal from man is that person Must send her Brother abroad. As in how ?

Look around you, let’s start from Nollywood, majority of the actors that have died and the ones that are sick- WETIN KILL THEM? It is either kidney failure, diabetes, liver failure, car accident from drunk driving...etc. These are not what overworking people die from.

In fact, I implore young ladies to be careful these days o. A lot of you have destroyed your internal organs with drugs and alcohol.

Live good lifestyles. It starts in your 20s.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by johnhood(m): 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2020
Let me tell you why marriage is call matrimony.
Material and Money. Simple. If you don't have these don't suffer a woman and the bring children into this to suffer. It is better not born.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by legacystore: 6:46pm On Nov 09, 2020
SatisfyOG:

You are getting old oo!

Time is going, do fast!

Your opinion please.

It's not about age alone

U may have all it takes to get married probably living good so why not plus u are old enough
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by emmanuelpopson(m): 6:46pm On Nov 09, 2020
African mentality at play in here.. And same people wil blame you when you ask them them for help or support in business or job.. Its a fact that marriage favors women more.. This is a global phenomenal.. And I believe n most men now understood this and they are so careful to marrying a liabilities and irresponsible ladies..
I think the women we have in Nigeria shd work on themselves.. They shd not make material things, money and dependent on men a must.. We have so many single guys and ladies but why didn't they wanna marry??
We may have a shortage of young people in some years to come like been happening in Iceland, Finland etc..

4 Likes

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by humilitypays(m): 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2020
Acekidc4:

There is a Total Joy in getting Married to The Right Woman.......am a Living Testimony
Most times, in Nigeria, you cannot find the right woman if you are a broke single man or struggling financially.

It is mostly financially successful and settled young men that find the right woman in Nigeria wink

7 Likes

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Robnectar(m): 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2020
capricornlady:

It is well

u like an ariesjiggah? wink
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by biggestmanhood(m): 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2020
Stay there dey form niggar u don't know u have a spiritual wife,go n marry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sex And Scam: Lagos Sugar Mummies’ ‘Lucrative’ Offers / Couple Had An Accident After Their Proposal; She Married Him In A Wheelchair / White Lady Walks Away After Refusing To Marry Nigerian Man She Met On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.