Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? (113220 Views)

Dear Men, Before You Give A Lady Your Money. / Marrying A Lady Your Friend Slept With In The Past / Church Brother To A Lady: Your Picture Is 'Erotic For A Cool Sister' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 14, 2020
Psoul:

Let me tell you. It's only women that enjoy that kind of help. Men don't like it. A lady can enjoy that kind of offer for 5yrs without. If you carry a guy 3 to 5 days, he'll start dodging you cos of God ego and prestige.

So don't expect a guy making such offer to a fellow guy cos it may not work.

Oga, talk for yourself. I know guys who will jump on this kind of offer with open arms.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Psoul(m): 8:02am On Nov 14, 2020
Humanoid01:
Na so dawan take miss opportunity so o, but you can't really blame her. Well meaning people are difficult to find these days, especially considering the fact that you're a stranger to her. What I don't understand is why someone would flag down a complete stranger to take a ride, considering the dangerous times we live in.

The Lady is not wise at all. You flagged down a stranger. He gave u lift. He promised to be helping u and u started asking him what he wants from u. What a stupid lady. What did she wasn't from the guy before flagging him down?

She asked that question too early. She should've allow the guy to start fulfilling his promise, then along the line ask the guy for all these stress you're going through cos of me, pls what do u want so that I'll know if it's something I can afford.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 14, 2020
Twenty8:

If likes were money ehn, you'd have over 2000 of whatever currency you prefer.
Please use euros. We don't need naira here.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by zuto4u(m): 8:04am On Nov 14, 2020
This question is really deep and factual
DaddyRochie1642:
Oga tell us the truth, ... That your so called Innocent Offer you made to that woman, If it were your Fellow Man, would you have made such an Offer to him grin grin
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by colestephan86: 8:04am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please have you ever been asked "what do you want from me?" by a lady that you just wanted to help with no strings attached?

I was driving home yesterday after work and a lady (average looking) flagged me to stop and i decided to stop and gave her a lift. I asked her where she was going and she mentioned a bustop before mine and i said lucky you... We had a lil chat as i drove her and she seemed really fun, We got to her bustop and i offered to be taking her to work in the morning since she stays close to my place. Then suddenly her face changed and she asked the annoying question "Oga what do you want from me?".. at that point i was dumbfounded and sad at same time. But i had to quickly smile and said "nothing" then i drove off.

For me i find it sad, a lot of people are not used to good people doing good things without wanting anything in return.

How do you feel and react when asked that question?

Please share yours
The transporter , she wanted a lift and you offered to be her driver.
If I was in her shoes will ask you same.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by zuto4u(m): 8:06am On Nov 14, 2020
Lol
2dice01:
grin cheesy

She asked the Perfect Question bro

No sane man will turn himself to an Uber driver every morning to please a lady you just met some minutes ago

Cus if she was a Male
You won't even see his hand when he wave cheesy

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by badonkadonk: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Oga tell us the truth, ... That your so called Innocent Offer you made to that woman, If it were your Fellow Man, would you have made such an Offer to him grin grin

He wouldn't even stop for you, talkless of him even making you that offer..
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Psoul(m): 8:10am On Nov 14, 2020
SILENTandSMART2:
Lol one smart girl above me don spoke my mind ,

If nah man you will you do dat ? grin

Moreover people do what you did alot but i can never do dat,

I cannot entertain a stranger inside my car,

If you ask for a ride i will lie or give you money,

Life is so risky,wink

Yunno see a man with six-pack or potbelly grin

OP issa character,

Stop lying.
Tot don't carry stranger in ur car cos life is full of risks. But when that stranger asks for a lift, you'll stop and give her money instead of carrying her. Oga stop this lie biko.
Meanwhile, your forget that giving a stranger your money carries great risks too. I hate cheap lies. If you want to lie, lie very well naa.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Luckygurl(f): 8:10am On Nov 14, 2020
rasxx:
About the same thing happened to me today.. I was headed to Central business area in Abuja today,I saw a lady that looked familiar, I was looking at her and she was looking at me(she had put on little weight) suddenly I realised she used to be a receptionist at my daughters school, we chatted briefly and I realised she was going same direction as mine. While in the car we got talking and she said she had to quit working in the school for another Job as a marketer with one of the banks but that it wasn't what she expected. I really felt for her as she narrated what she was going through, my mind kept going back and forth as I thought of how to assist. Before she dropped I asked her for her number as my wife's place of work usually ask her for recommendations when there are vacancies. My thought was I would recommend her.
Aunty started acting funny when I asked for number,next thing I heard was Sir how is your wife doing,how is your daughter all because of number o.

Hahaha!! grin grin

This cracked me up. Everyone is now in the defensive. She later dropped the number?
If really you're in a position to help her, just do it. She'll be the one to feel ashamed afterwards when she discovers you did that out of the magnanimity of your heart not because of any ulterior motive.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 14, 2020
I have had guys who did me favours without wanting anything in return. My dad, brothers, and some of my really close male friends from undergraduate, and some close male friends from work.

Unfortunately, every other guy wanted something in return, even married men . If the single ones don't want relationship or dating, the married ones want extra marital affairs. But I always know how to discharge them while still getting their favours grin. I come back home and gist my family about the men, we all laugh, they advice me, and we move!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:13am On Nov 14, 2020
Odidigboigbo:
If he want to be kind, there are a lot of men in his locality that work in the same axis with him that he can be taking to work. Must he be kind to only woman?

Nigerian mentality...

Must this and must that... Well you can as well do the opposite by helping a male...or giving a male a lift...!! ... i cant change what u think.. All that i know is that there are still some sane men out there without dirty minds or having it in their mind to manipulate women....!!

2 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by sylve11: 8:16am On Nov 14, 2020
blinking001:
I don't help women.

HMMM cool
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 14, 2020
ALADD:

Yes...dats the exact respond u needed.....y can't u give her the lift drop her Nd mind your business...I'm sure if it's was a guy dat flagged, u won't stop ooo thinking he will hijack Ur car..

Don't mind them. "Are you going my way" guys
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by SILENTandSMART2: 8:18am On Nov 14, 2020
Psoul:

Stop lying.
Tot don't carry stranger in ur car cos life is full of risks. But when that stranger asks for a lift, you'll stop and give her money instead of carrying her. Oga stop this lie biko.
Meanwhile, your forget that giving a stranger your money carries great risks too. I hate cheap lies. If you want to lie, lie very well naa.

Dis man is so funny grin grin

Nobody pay you for dis,

Who's lieing ,as per say it increases my salary or what ? grin

I said I WILL not I USUALLY give her money , which means it has no happened yet,

You get dat wink
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 14, 2020
AnonymousRebec:
I have had guys who did me favours without wanting anything in return. My dad, brothers, and some of my really close male friends from undergraduate, and some close male friends from work.

Unfortunately, every other guy wanted something in return, even married men . If the single ones don't want relationship or dating, the married ones want extra marital affairs. But I always know how to discharge them while still getting their favours grin. I come back home and gist my family about the men, we all laugh, they advice me, and we move!

That's what a wise lady will do. If I were the girl I wouldn't ask any question I will enjoy the ride while it last the day he starts showing interest I will turn him down and stop joining him in the morning.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by amliftedhigher: 8:22am On Nov 14, 2020
Herculex03:
Na only woman u see
Op how many times u don stop carry your fellow man for road ?
One of the safety tips I received from our CSO as soon I bought a car is never carry someone you don't know, don't carry a stranger on your way to a lonely road, never carry a woman in a lonely part.
MANY has fallen victims

2 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by amliftedhigher: 8:24am On Nov 14, 2020
hectorr:
I think seriiiously before helping any Lady that's not related to me. Complex species.
Very complex

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:

Well said, but at the same time you should know that the female figure poses to be attract a better preferential treatment. So the fact that he offered to give her a continuous lift doesn't necessarily mean it's with an hidden agenda.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by komols856: 8:38am On Nov 14, 2020
debbydams:
sorry..
Offer the same help to your follow guy if you don't want anything from her. There are ally of men going your way from your location
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Nnatuu: 8:40am On Nov 14, 2020
My brother. I feel your pain. It’s possible you made that offer innocently because I feel that same way about helping women especially because I feel somehow I’d get someone I’d gist and share info with every morning while driving to work.

BUT because of the stupid mentality of most women in Nigeria, I tend to respect myself and drive empty vehicle from mainland to island daily even when I know a lot of people need a ride.

For example, one time I stopped at my bustop to pick anyone that needed a lift to the Island, only for two ladies to rush my vehicle and opened the front and back passenger side doors. I told the one at the back that I can only drive with the one in the front because I do not carry people at my backseat as my bag, laptops, work phone and tablet are there and I have heard about incidents of my friends being robbed by innocent looking people that they gave lifts in the back seat.

After I told her that, she shouted aaarh Oga nawaa o, na so you like woman! I was enraged!

Are we animals! Will everything be sex sex sex!!! Stupid backward mentality!

3 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by SHEYITAINMENT(m): 8:41am On Nov 14, 2020
shebi na over sabi wan kuku kill you

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by AnanseK(m): 8:41am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
If am cool with him just like the way i was cool chatting with the lady...Why not?? grin

Difficult to believe that , unless of course
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by chatinent: 8:42am On Nov 14, 2020
Answer her question leave the cock and bull innocence.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Bobage16(m): 8:44am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
Yea I thought so too
hmm.dere can be different solutions to a problem.d girl fit de very happy say she don get rid of d man sef,,she fit still com out d next day,anoda pesin go still carry her widout drama again.she might b catching her own kindof cruise.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by Jodera: 8:44am On Nov 14, 2020
IJEYdiamond:

Nigerian mentality...

Must this and must that... Well you can as well do the opposite by helping a male...or giving a male a lift...!! ... i cant change what u think.. All that i know is that there are still some sane men out there without dirty minds or having it in their mind to manipulate women....!!

Nah... You're a lady. We guys know how we think. A guy can't just see a lady he doesn't know from anywhere and offer to be her personal driver to work daily. It means he wants more. If it's a one-off, I agree he was kindhearted, if perhaps their path crossed again and he brings such offer, then I'll agree.

But offering personal driving of such on a first meeting to a lady a guy don't know from anywhere before? Then there's something more he's looking for
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by fujirice: 8:46am On Nov 14, 2020
Op you try o!
I don’t even stop for any stranger flagging me down. Be you man, woman or child.
This is to avoid stories like this
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by satowind(m): 8:51am On Nov 14, 2020
Kondomatic:
At least she was kind enough to ask you what you want.

In my own case, the lady told her friend that she knew what I want but I am not man enough to ask.

Ndi Uber drivers
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by GreenDee(f): 9:01am On Nov 14, 2020
Nnatuu:
My brother. I feel your pain. It’s possible you made that offer innocently because I feel that same way about helping women especially because I feel somehow I’d get someone I’d gist and share info with every morning while driving to work.

BUT because of the stupid mentality of most women in Nigeria, I tend to respect myself and drive empty vehicle from mainland to island daily even when I know a lot of people need a ride.

For example, one time I stopped at my bustop to pick anyone that needed a lift to the Island, only for two ladies to rush my vehicle and opened the front and back passenger side doors. I told the one at the back that I can only drive with the one in the front because I do not carry people at my backseat as my bag, laptops, work phone and tablet is there and I have heard about incidents of my friends being robbed by innocent looking people that they gave lifts in the back seat.

After I told her that, she shouted aaarh Oga nawaa o, na so you like woman! I was enraged!
Wow.. omo Nairaland dey teach me things oo, Thanks I learnt something from you now.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by SURElee(f): 9:06am On Nov 14, 2020
Oga sir,
The lady wanted a lift which you were there to render with good fate.
Now she didnt see your innocent gesture as innocent because she has been accustomed to guys asking for returns on good deeds for ladies.
Now , my question is why will you just saddle yourself with the responsibility of commuting a working lady to work day without she requesting it? Isn't she earning a salary that has transport allowance? I'm taking my time to ask you these questions because there are people like you out there who will start good deeds and later come up with how they transport friends to and fro and latr complain jow they dont share in fuel or car maintenance expenses.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by ImaIma1(f): 9:13am On Nov 14, 2020
smartxyz:
Hello guys,

Please have you ever been asked "what do you want from me?" by a lady that you just wanted to help with no strings attached?

I was driving home yesterday after work and a lady (average looking) flagged me to stop and i decided to stop and gave her a lift. I asked her where she was going and she mentioned a bustop before mine and i said lucky you... We had a lil chat as i drove her and she seemed really fun, We got to her bustop and i offered to be taking her to work in the morning since she stays close to my place. Then suddenly her face changed and she asked the annoying question "Oga what do you want from me?".. at that point i was dumbfounded and sad at same time. But i had to quickly smile and said "nothing" then i drove off.

For me i find it sad, a lot of people are not used to good people doing good things without wanting anything in return.

How do you feel and react when asked that question?

Please share yours

Some ladies cannot receive goodwill freely because they think there is always an ulterior motive. I think she should have just accepted the offer as a sign of goodwill from you. Then she react when you try to take it further, instead of just jumping into conclusions.
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by omotola90(m): 9:13am On Nov 14, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
this got me
Re: As A Guy, Have You Ever Been Misinterpreted By a Lady Your Trying To Help? by litaninja(m): 9:18am On Nov 14, 2020
Baba wan disguise grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Woman Caught Having Sex While Backing Her Baby. Sparks Online Reactions / What Has Love Made You Do That Annoys You Anytime You Remember? / Lady's Sex Life 'Exposed' In A Congratulatory Message On Her Engagement (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.