Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,843 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo (77972 Views)

Wike Clarifies Peter Obi 'endorsement' / BREAKING: Tinubu's Biggest Confusion About Northern Politics (Photos) / We Are Not Igbo– Dr Ojieh, National President Izu Anioma. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by chrisblack: 4:45pm On Nov 12, 2020
HAccord:

Oga I have previously argued the same way as you have. But look at this way, if a son says his biological father is his father but points to another man as his father because of certain pecuniary benefit, then his biological father has every right to disown that bastard son.

Who sabi Ikwerre? how many exploits have they done to bring pride to the Great Igbo nation apart from cultism and drinking tombo. Name 5 internationally acclaimed Ikwerre person of repute in a field?
They should be begging to identify as Igbos not the other way round. Study them properly, they have nothing to offer the Igbo nation apart from creating confusion everywhere.

Ikwerre are not Igbo, they are the descendants of Iwhuruosa a Bini slave who escaped his captors via the tributaries of River Niger and landed in ancient Igboland. They later would modify the name to 'Iwhuruoha' as the Igbos they met would pronounce the name of their progenitor. Later they would became Ikwerre and I will tell you how.

In Igbo the word Ikwerre means 'I agree', the Igbo gave them that name because when they were looking for land to settle after escape from Bini, anywhere the Igbo gave them to settle, they thank their Igbo hosts by saying 'Ikwerre', a corruption of the phrase the phrase 'Ayi kwere' which means 'We agree/accept'.

That's the true hidden story of how Ndi Ikwerre came to be where they are today. Go and ask any honest old man around Imo/river axis. I'm from that area myself.

Ndi Ikwerre abughi Ndigbo, ha biara-abia. They are not Igbos, they are escapee slaves from ancient Bini kingdom. They are just not keen in making their Bini heritage public because it undermines them as descendants of Bini slaves.

now you agree they are from bini.hmmmm
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by HAccord: 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2020
chrisblack:
now you agree they are from bini.hmmmm

Yes Iwhuruosa the progenitor of the Ikwerres was from Bini. It's the truth they only say in their bedrooms because of the circumstances with which they escaped Bini.

When Wike said 'No I am not Igbo', why didn't he expantiate on his genealogy as a Bini man? There are stuffs he doesn't want the world to know and that's what I am revealing to you now. grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2020
Tangiblehandwork:
What value will wike add to Igbo people,ikwerre and Igbo are not the same thing.ikwerre are just second class Igbo minority wey no even get tangible population.the Lord will deliver wike,as a Yoruba man,na only Igbo I sabi for the whole of eastern region.the other minority are under igbo
God won't let this your ignorance ruin your life for you shocked
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Ojiofor: 5:11pm On Nov 12, 2020
Wike is allowed to be what he claims he is.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by HAccord: 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ndigbo have to start being very assertive in politics with minorities, our carefree biri kam biri attitude is attracting a lot of insults from some of these hopeless minorities lately.

Join the the Fulani and Yorubas in dominating and asserting yourselves politically over minorities. That's how to treat minorities in Nigeria, if you give them an inch, they'll be asking for your father's hectare.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Igboid: 5:17pm On Nov 12, 2020
HAccord:

Yes Iwhuruosa the progenitor of the Ikwerres was from Bini. It's the truth they only say in their bedrooms because of the circumstances with which they escaped Bini.

When Wike said 'No I am not Igbo', why didn't he expantiate on his genealogy as a Bini man? There are stuffs he doesn't want the world to know and that's what I am revealing to you now. grin

I like the sound of Iwhuruosa! The Osa there must be abridged version of Osagie.

So I'm guessing the full name is Iwhuruosagie! grin

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by okpukpu(m): 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2020
Anyiamaka:
This is the man they said pulls all the shots in PDP....I am not impressed. He doesn't sound very intelligent and in 7minutes he said the same thing over 4 times. Is he that poor in knowledge?

Give me Amaechi! The guy is smart n knowledgeable.

He is a tout and a cultist just like his kins. Who is even debating with Wike?

Ikwere is not Igbo and can never be Igbo because no IgboTIC clan can denial their identity no matter the situation.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Numismatic(m): 5:43pm On Nov 12, 2020
HAccord:

Oga I have previously argued the same way as you have. But look at this way, if a son says his biological father is not his real father but points to another man as his father because of certain pecuniary benefits, then his biological father has every right to disown that bastard son.

Who sabi Ikwerre? how many exploits have they done to bring pride to the Great Igbo nation apart from cultism, political killings and drinking tombo. Name 5 internationally acclaimed Ikwerre person of repute in any field?
They should be begging to identify as Igbos not the other way round. Study them properly, they have nothing to offer the Igbo nation apart from creating confusion everywhere.

For public information, Ikwerre are not Igbo, they are the descendants of Iwhuruosa a Bini slave who escaped his captors via the tributaries of River Niger and landed in ancient Igboland. They later would modify the name to 'Iwhuruoha' as the Igbos they met would pronounce the name of their progenitor. Later they would became Ikwerre and I will tell you how.

In Igbo the word Ikwerre means 'I agree/accept', the Igbo gave them that name because when they were looking for land to settle after escape from Bini anywhere the Igbo gave them to settle, they thank their Igbo hosts by saying 'Ikwerre', a corruption of the phrase the phrase 'Ayi kwerre' which means 'We agree/accept'.

That's the true hidden story of how Ndi Ikwerre came to be where they are today. Go and ask any honest old man around Imo/river axis. I'm from that area myself, they'll tell you- Ndi Ikwerre abughi Ndigbo, ha biara-abia. They are not Igbos, they are escapee slaves from ancient Bini kingdom.

They are just not keen in making their Bini heritage public because it undermines them as descendants of Bini slaves but prefer to align with Igbo only when it suits them because of the majority status that Ndigbo enjoy.

Another angle. My argument is if indeed the are from Bini there should be residues of their culture or language that points to that.. Either by their names, or traditions or market days. Yet nothing points to that fact.. Do you know about the people of Oguta in Imo State? I think the are from Bini or delta, and the have facts that points to that, even Abariba people in Abia state are from Akwa Ibom or Cross River, and you can easily agree to that based on their mode of dressing, their masquerades etc. There is no how a people can totally lose their identity after migrating to another location. Like I said, it's all about the civil war the ibos lost. Simple.

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Cyberterror: 5:47pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ikwerres are not Igbos.

Only fools believe otherwise.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by nsiba: 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2020
Racoon:
Governor Wike have a right to his ethnic identity but must never forget that hating on the Igbo tribe does not in any way make us less Igbos.Ken Saro-Wiwa & the Ogonis made the same mistake but till today they are regretting it.

We must not agree in all things but there are some things that intersect all of us-oppression & marginalization by a common enemy

Who told you Ogonis made any mistake and are now regretting?
What gives you the audacity to speak for others over what you can never comprehend

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by MOORCHMOORE(m): 5:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
That's the issue with Nigerian....
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Notatribalist(m): 6:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
peacekante:
The Governor was asked by Dele MOMODU if he is igbo and he gave a blunt reply. "I am not" . He later went on to clarify the misunderstanding about his name and also the ikwere people link to igbo.
Watch video

Lalasticlacla
Mynd44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ANmx2mhOU
Wike said he does not know nnadi kanu's name..I am not a fan of KANU but wine lied here.
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by iddonla: 6:12pm On Nov 12, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

There is no US!

Stay in your own lane, your land, your state!

Igbo land is your homeland

who is igbo..arindin..

i am more yoruba than u

5 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by MsAllison(f): 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2020
omenka:
Oga Kanu puppet, shut up. He has said he is NOT Igbo.

Must you give him an identity not due him just to validate your own identity? Don't you have any shame on in you?

Disgusting.
mynd44 lalasticlala seun oam4j
rule 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nobody is forcing Ikwerre people to be Igbos, we have enough igbos.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by lindareep: 6:19pm On Nov 12, 2020
I'm certainly sef not a Nigerian grin
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by HAccord: 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
Igboid:

I like the sound of Iwhuruosa! The Osa there must be abridged version of Osagie.

So I'm guessing the full name is Iwhuruosagie! grin

More like it. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by BREYZ: 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
Davash222:
Nwaike =. Child of strength.

What’s the meaning of Nwike in ikwere language?

Mr. Man, he said he's not igbo so leave him alone, is it by force? His name is Wike not Nwike.
Ode!
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Marcus247(m): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
tartar9:
The land grabbers,the culture/tribe grabbers. They have nothing to be proud of hence they keep grabbing others as theirs.
mumu man
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by longayink: 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
Oya, all to the advantages of crude oil prospectors and owners of Nigeria.

Wetin concern Igbos?
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2020
Coneheadyutes:
Wike, the almighty saviour and god of all yorubs.

He has become god of Yoruba now when he didn't play your kind of music

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Hotzone(m): 6:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
Wike, I love how u reacted during the endsars crisis but u should know that ohaji/egbema LGA in Imo State speaks like u, Oguta LGa in imo state speaks and behave like u, including delta and edo, Yoruba people in return behave like edo so in all, south is south don’t get it twisted. It’s the northerners that some how looks like foreigners(respect)

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by frowland(m): 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2020
[s]
Racoon:
Governor Wike have a right to his ethnic identity but must never forget that hating on the Igbo tribe does not in any way make us less Igbos.Ken Saro-Wiwa & the Ogonis made the same mistake but till today they are regretting it.

We must not agree in all things but there are some things that intersect all of us-oppression & marginalization by a common enemy
[/s]

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Burruchaga71(m): 6:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
Who cares? Am only interested in N100 million bounty on his head. That's all

6 Likes

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by ebenezer202l(f): 6:27pm On Nov 12, 2020
[s]
Ogbuu101:
Who cares .
Congratulations to Onyesom Ezebunwo Wike son of Nlemanya Wike and his own group among the Ikweres.
They're the first group on earth to derive their ethnicity from state creation cos b4 1976 state creation, there was no tribe known as Ikwere.
[/s] ikwerre people need to know the history and Roots of their identity and they're a far different and unrelated people from igbo
Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Congrats321(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2020
Where have they caused trouble like herds men?
Afamed:

That's what they know how to do best. They never stay peacefully with their hosts.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo by Myhusband(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2020
wike shut up there, you must be Igbo be fire by force

we Igbo established Ikwerre land and made it what's it today.

any Ikwerre not identifying with Igbo is doing themselves dangerous things because when director Descend on you people, you will join Igbo by fire by force

I actually don't see different between Fulani and Igbo, the only thing is one is a Muslim extremist while the latter is a Christian extremist. they're both religious intolerant miscreants and land grabbers

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Diezani's New Look / Photos Of Ekweremadu's Wife And Daughter, Sonia In Court Today / Niger Delta Militants Make 5 Demands, Write IOCs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.