Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

I Hate Nigeria With A Passion - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hate Nigeria With A Passion (44747 Views)

Poll: do you hate nigeria?

Yes: 24% (65 votes)
Never: 55% (150 votes)
undecided: 13% (35 votes)
until im unlawfully arrested, Yes: 6% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha / Why Do I Hate Nigeria So Much? / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 9:32pm On Mar 17, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Put that lie on you moms life!

If you telling tall tales that she die a miserable, agonizing death. . . .

Deal?
its on my moms life. this aint no joke bruh. i get harrassed nearly everyday by the chicago police cuz i look young, have my baseball cap backwards sometimes and drive a car with a tint. i have had guns pulled on me, i have had police reach down into my nuts looking for drugs, i have been thrown in police cell for 2 hours, i have had to go to court numerous times over trumped up charges, i have been slammed on my ride. this ain no joke bruh. these CPD are crazy as heck
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by malali: 9:33pm On Mar 17, 2011
@POSTER
I FEEL your PAIN, I ALSO HAD MY CAR IMPOUNDED
IN THAT POLICE STATION BY OJUELEGBA BRIDGE

WHY BECAUSE THE BUMPER IN FRONT WAS NEW
AS I WAS IN A FENDER BENDER EARLIER AND I
BOUGHT A NEW BUMPER, I WAS ASKED TO PROVIDE THE RECEIPT!!!!!!!

WHEN I COULDNT I WAS TOLD I SHOULD PROVE ITS NOT A STOLEN BUMPER shocked
THEY TOWED MY CAR AND DEFLATED ALL THE TIRES ON GETTING TO THE POLICE STATION
I WENT TO THEIR OFFICER IN CHARGE AND HE TOLD ME TO "GO AND SETTLE WITH MY BOYS"

I HAVE 3 LAPTOPS NOW,I CARRY ONE TO WORK EVERYDAY, BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS
I AM IN A COUNTRY WHERE THE LEADER IS A SERVANT OF THE PEOPLE,
SEEING HOW MUCH CORRUPTION TAFA BALOGUN GOT AWAY WITH, I CRY AND HURT WHEN SOME STILL SMILE AT THE MENTION OF PDP

PDP DOESNT CARE ABOUT CORRUPTION,THE ONLY TIME THEY RAISE AN EYEBROW IS IF THE OFFENDER HAS STOLEN MORE THAN THEM,YOU THINK IF BODE GEORGE STOLE ONLY 5MILLION THEY WILL SEND HIM TO JAIL? NO!!, THATS THE ONLY TIME THEY EVER GET ANNOYED WHEN YOU STEAL MORE THAN YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO, WHAT KIND OF GOVERNMENT IS THAT??

VOTE BUHARI 2011
THE MAN THAT STANDS ON THE TRUTH CAN NEVER FALL

WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 9:34pm On Mar 17, 2011
this popo nearly blew my head off 2 years ago because i drove through an alley at night (i was looking for parking).
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 17, 2011
Newscaster:

No wonder police arrested you - please check his Nairaland picture and caption. He wants to sleep with all the women on Nairaland, if he has his ways. Mtchewwww. Look at the website below his username. He is a pervert that shouldnt be taken seriously. How I wish the police tracks your IP and slams you in jail forever, a pervert like you. Between a sex pervert and the Nigerian Police, which one will you send to hell first? A pervert of course because he might be laying predator for your wife or even your under aged kid somewhere.

I'll send you to hell first!, See this not-so smart guy, ow is his caption our concern GET A GRIP OF UR LIFE IST!

Newscaster link=topic=625849.msg7933675#msg7933675 date=1300393168:

Dont worry about how I reason, worry about your own first.

ah ah ah ah, try another joke  tongue
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by mamagee3(f): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2011
Babzilla:

2 those of u who believe things will change in this hole- good luck 2 u. cos the way I c it, u'll have more luck finding a unicorn. cool
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by harakiri(m): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2011
buzugee:

calm your butt down. same thing happens to me in america everyday. cuz a brother is driving a car with tinted windows i get harassed and thrown in police cell for hours on end over trumped up charges. needless to say, i have removed the tint from my car.

Trust me, whatever police brutality you have experienced in America is nothing compared to Nigeria. You could be out drinking with your guys at 7:30pm and a Police van just shows up and they order everyone into the van. Any attempt to resist or claim your civil rights could have you ending up shot in the leg or even killed on the spot! ! ! Did you say tinted windows? Good grief. That's an everyday thing in 9ja and most people who don't have a tint permit "settle" the police and drive on. A Nigerian Police Officer can stop you on the road, search through your car,luggage,wallet,pockets and everything personal without cause and if you make one feeble attempt to defend your rights, you could end up with an AK-47 bullet through the chest and that's the end of you! Case closed! ! !

Haven't you read or heard of the Apo six? That kinda crap happens day in, day out in Nigeria. The only time it goes public is when someone of influence is involved. Commercial drivers and conductors get shot to death every now and then for N20 (less than 10 cents). Can that happen in America? Abeg, no even try compare jare. Dat your talk no follow.

End of!
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Solomon227(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2011
Another product of PDP 12 years of misrule.,.,.,

[size=24pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by SisiKill1: 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2011
charlie193:

@ Poster
Thank God that you came out 5 hours leter. My experience in naija at yaba one morninig kept me thinking,   and I had this resolution that Nigeria is  an "hopeless" country. sorry if I sound too negative, but that is the truth! mayb for now. I wait to see the change soon,

I finished my engineering degree in one of the Nigeria useless university without job.  One morning, I was walking along yaba area trying to look for where to fix my glasses along the road. Suddenly, a Bus -  commercial bus - packed very close to where I was standing and a group of guys came out from the Bus and order me to go inside that they are Police office. I refused, untill I was shown their Police ID. I entered the bus, hoping that they will tell me my offence. I was thinking my offence  maybe that I was fixing my pair of glassses with those guys along the road not using a registered Optian, so I planned to tell them that I was unemployed so I can afford the consultant fee of an optomologist or optian. Inshot I teck to Yaba that day,

Alas, that was not my offence. I was told to show my ID, which I did   showing my National ID. Then they collected my wallet, searching for only God knows what! I have alot of Busiiness contact  card inside my wallet. I have only the money I wanted to use to get the glasses fix. The Bus was still moving all this time,  I guess the Driver is not a police officer.

In the Bus I meet some other guys. We were all taken to the  Police barrack at somewhere in surulere. At the station,  the police officers are giving all of us our offences.  Guys please my u na follow me hear offences

One guy was told that because his laptop has no receipt, means that he is a Yahoo Boy, another guy among us was told that since he is a student of Unilag, that he should be in school at that time why was he in Yaba, that it either he is a pick pocket or fake money changer,   alot of offencees like that I can really remember again. I was just laughing! Yes there was one guy charge for carry Black sack,  na when I hear this I canot control my laughter again.

Mine was that ,  during the time one of the police was checking my wallet, they found a small  broken rusted blade.  I  cannot even remember how it got there, it  was rusted, shows that it has being there for long.  so I was charge for light weapon carrier, guys at this time I was laughing so loud, I was laughing at the failure of Nigeria system,  You need to see the way the officers were saying it,  You are charge for  CARRING LIGHT WEAPON, each time I ask which weapon?, they would show me the rusted broken blade, i would laugh so loud!

Others paid to gain their fredom, and when they saw that I was just catching fun with them, they have to let me go, but I was just laughing at Nigeria as a  country.
Funniest story ever! Not to mock your pains but mehn, that's hilarious!

One good thing came out of it though. . . at least we know the laser sunglasses Fashola commissioned for the Police Dept, works. I mean how else could they have known you had a rusted blade in your wallet before arresting you? cheesy
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by mamagee3(f): 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2011
Solomon227:

Another product of PDP 12 years of misrule.,.,.,

[size=24pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children
[size=72pt]You're a joker![/size]
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Kobojunkie: 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2011
eros:

Sadly, most people will never do anything about it. Come to think of it, what class of people suffer this kind of assault? The middle and poor class, why you may ask me because they don't have money, car, or the good things of life to afford the best things. The OP was definitely walking along the street and not driving in some expensive tinted Mercedes Benz or the latest Honda Accord or Toyota Camry.

Well, I am not entirely sure how this works but I can tell you that I never directly experienced much of what many express here while living in Nigeria. Even my folks and cousins seemed to always hear these stories from others. I think part of this is knowing your right and being willing to fight when they show up. Like the @Poster who I responded to there, it seems they realized he was not budging and so they had no choice but to let him go.

eros:

That apart, how many people have personal Lawyers in Nigeria. As learned as i am, i don't even have one yet, although planning on getting one soon. Then you think of the cost to keep a Lawyer whom we think doesn't serve any purpose to us. The stereotype in Nigeria is that Lawyers are meant for the rich, famous, politicians and criminals. Hence we feel we don't need them.
I didn’t really say anything about having personal lawyers . . . . I don’t know anyone, even here, who has a personal lawyer. I mean you only get one when and if you need one, right?
Stereotypes aside, I do know that a large number of, even poor folks in Nigeria have been to the courts at one time or another.  You take a walk to the local court house one afternoon, and you will be shocked to find the number of people there. That aside, like I suggested, it does not have to be the high priced lawyers here. Even law students can do a good job in this case. Many of these are simple cases of people’s basic rights being violated so I don’t think law school students will do a bad job there.
eros:

Then think again, would you dare fight against the Nigeria Police and be accidentally shot dead   I come from a family that has produced one Commissioner of Police and an Assistant Commissioner of Police, but truth is i still hate the Police like hell. I hate the Police because of what they represent. Only the high ranking officers and the learned ones among can be said to be sane and handle cases the right way. The average police man on the street is like a roaring lion looking for who to devour. I see them as demons and agents of the devil, unleashing threats, death and pain on the people they are suppose to protect. [/color]
Please do not read more meaning than there is, into what I posted. I am not suggesting anyone FIGHT the police men. All that is suggested is that people start to fight against their rights being violated.  The courts are open still, and even some lawyer friends of mine explain that it is not the case that the courts are not open but more the case that people DO NOT step up to do the right thing in many of these situations. . . and that includes taking their case to courts so they do not get slapped around, and manhandled by the same policemen on another occasion.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2011
harakiri:

Trust me, whatever police brutality you have experienced in America is nothing compared to Nigeria. You could be out drinking with your guys at 7:30pm and a Police van just shows up and they order everyone into the van. Any attempt to resist or claim your civil rights could have you ending up shot in the leg or even killed on the spot! ! ! Did you say tinted windows? Good grief. That's an everyday thing in 9ja and most people who don't have a tint permit "settle" the police and drive on. A Nigerian Police Officer can stop you on the road, search through your car,luggage,wallet,pockets and everything personal without cause and if you make one feeble attempt to defend your rights, you could end up with an AK-47 bullet through the chest and that's the end of you! Case closed! ! !

Haven't you read or heard of the Apo six? That kinda crap happens day in, day out in Nigeria. The only time it goes public is when someone of influence is involved. Commercial drivers and conductors get shot to death every now and then for N20 (less than 10 cents). Can that happen in America? Abeg, no even try compare jare. Dat your talk no follow.

End of!
bruv, chicagopolice are known as the deadliest and most corrupt police on the surface of planet earth. what nigerian police do to you guys is childsplay compared to what chicago police do to us. the head of the chicago poilice is recently under indictment for tortuing tonnes of black men in the city. what they do. once they have youi in the police cell. they strip you butt nekkid and attach wire to your scrotum and penis and then pass high voltage electricity through your balls for hours on end while all their cronies laugh at your reaction. this is a serious case going on in chicago right now as we speak. they also beat you up to within an inch of your life, revive you and then beat you till within an inch of your life again and again.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Odunnu: 9:47pm On Mar 17, 2011
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On Mar 17, 2011
buzugee:

its on my moms life. this aint no joke bruh. i get harrassed nearly everyday by the chicago police cuz i look young, have my baseball cap backwards sometimes and drive a car with a tint. i have had guns pulled on me, i have had police reach down into my nuts looking for drugs, i have been thrown in police cell for 2 hours, i have had to go to court numerous times over trumped up charges, i have been slammed on my ride. this ain no joke bruh. these CPD are crazy as heck

You know what my sister said when she read this, she said you probably are some druggie or criminal, as she is also young, a tom boy to the core, lives in the very same Chicago YOU CLAIM but she has never heard from her African American friends the crap you have above. ROFLMAO!!!
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 9:47pm On Mar 17, 2011
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/briefs/articles/90040788?Chicago%20cop%20in%20torture%20case%20begins%20prison%20term%3B%20victim%20released
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You know what my sister said when she read this, she said you probably are some druggie or criminal, as she is also young and lives in the very same Chicago YOU CLAIM but she has never heard from her African American friends the crap you have above. ROFLMAO!!!
your sister is a woman. case closed. young black men are under siege in chicago
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Kobojunkie: 9:49pm On Mar 17, 2011
^^^ Rubbish . . . . now you need her to be a WOMAN . . , ROFLMAO!!
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 9:50pm On Mar 17, 2011
peep this chicago cop savagely beat this woman up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjQOwevteAE
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by SisiKill1: 9:51pm On Mar 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

You know what my sister said when she read this, she said you probably are some druggie or criminal, as she is also young and lives in the very same Chicago YOU CLAIM but she has never heard from her African American friends the crap you have above. ROFLMAO!!!
LMFAO! Was about to say the same thing.

He prolly lives in Cabrini Green or the South Side cheesy cheesy

Just joking oh!
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 9:54pm On Mar 17, 2011
hun?

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 17, 2011
[size=18pt]LOL@ LOVE KING AND I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR YOU! [/size]
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 9:56pm On Mar 17, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Just joking oh!
i dont live in cabrini at all ooo.  grin the city is hungry. the city has to eat. the city is in billions of debt. black men are the cash cow of the city. they put as many tickets on you as possible. you think slavery ended in 1865 ?
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Mar 17, 2011
harakiri:

[b]The only serious lawyers in Nigeria are either those that are into property litigation or those defending the interests of thieving politicians. [/b]Most times, it's best to swallow your pride and move on. Nigerian lawyers would rather make a simple case appear complex by complicating things in court and keep deliberately keep the case pending till thy kingdom come. This is because they know that so long as the case remains unresolved, you will always drop money. The difference between Nigerian lawyers and Nigerian Police is that only one of them is armed. They are all the same thing. I am talking from several bitter experiences!

There are thousands of unemployed and small lawyers out there who could be helped in the right direction if people would go to them or something. We need more activist lawyers and the best way to catch them is before they have been turned by the corrupt and greedy.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 9:56pm On Mar 17, 2011
hun?

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 9:57pm On Mar 17, 2011
hun?

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2011
angels?

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Just joking oh!

I doubt that too because I have been in the southside for some months now and most of the policemen down there are black. And those who live in the area, rarely speak of the nonsense this one dey here dey spew. I think this is someone with a complex trying to seem like he knows what he is talking after selectively reading news of the few cases either online or on tv.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2011
Newscaster:

angels?
NOT
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 9:59pm On Mar 17, 2011
paradise?

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 10:00pm On Mar 17, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I doubt that too because I have been in the southside for some months now and most of the policemen down there are black. And those who live in the area, rarely speak of the nonsense this one dey here dey spew. I think this is someone with a complex trying to seem like he knows what he is talking after selectively reading news of the few cases either online or on tv.

I AINT TAKING YOUR BAIT TODAY. i know what i have seen. it happens everywhere, skokie, evanston, i have been a victim of it. case closed.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:00pm On Mar 17, 2011
Angels?

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2011
nice

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:02pm On Mar 17, 2011
fine boy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Obasanjo Commissions Seriake Dickson Foundation Office In Bayelsa (Photos) / FG Gives FAAN, NAMA, Others 45 Days To Relocate Headquarters To Abuja / SSS Finds Incriminating Evidence Against Dasuki

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69