Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

I Hate Nigeria With A Passion - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hate Nigeria With A Passion (44748 Views)

Poll: do you hate nigeria?

Yes: 24% (65 votes)
Never: 55% (150 votes)
undecided: 13% (35 votes)
until im unlawfully arrested, Yes: 6% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

I Hate Poverty, Seeing Me In A Private Jet Shouldn’t Be A Big Deal – Okorocha / Why Do I Hate Nigeria So Much? / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by SisiKill1: 10:03pm On Mar 17, 2011
buzugee:

i dont live in cabrini at all ooo.  grin the city is hungry. the city has to eat. the city is in billions of debt. black men are the cash cow of the city. they put as many tickets on you as possible. you think slavery ended in 1865 ?
Then move to the burbs and stop feeding the beast. tongue
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:03pm On Mar 17, 2011
remember him?

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 10:04pm On Mar 17, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Then move to the burbs and stop feeding the beast. tongue
i am in the burbs all the time. but i got bidness in the city. gotta make dat paper  grin no paper in the burbs
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:04pm On Mar 17, 2011
Agege?

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by SisiKill1: 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2011
buzugee:

i am in the burbs all the time. but i got bidness in the city. gotta make dat paper  grin no paper in the burbs
Then it's gotta be something about your face they just don't like. . .Lmao!! cheesy
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2011
hun

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Meddler(f): 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2011
Shut up Tosin. I wasnt arrested coz i had no receipt, they said i was a fraudster after showing them my i.d and even they had the right to go through my call records. Well they mellowed down after i explained my self but you know the f*cked up NIGERIAN police, they charged me with a crime and they havent investigated yet! WTF? They never mentioned receipt Dunce!!

i had a little comic relief from one guy who was in the cell with me, bt what did he do? They charged him with Kidnapping and the girl he kidnapped was found with him in an hotel room. But the girl was just a runs girl he was having sex with.But the silly police taking his statement was inciting him to write that he is a kidnapper, and the funny part was when they were questioning the girl at her statement. The dumb fool officer was asking her " You were kidnapped right"? but the girl was repeatedly saying 'I was not kidnapped oh"

It was even after the came out of the hotel they saw me walking past thwm and and they called their papa head.

Another guy was in the cell too, for what? Just because his belt loosened from his trouser and while he was trying to put it back on, the silly officer was charging him for assualt (like he was getting ready for a fight). It was quite funny sha

LWKMD!!!!! OMG I know it wasn't funny at the time it was happening for holy crap. If I didn't know better I would thought this a joke. Sorry to hear your ordeal.

Thank God that you came out 5 hours leter. My experience in naija at yaba one morninig kept me thinking,   and I had this resolution that Nigeria is  an "hopeless" country. sorry if I sound too negative, but that is the truth! mayb for now. I wait to see the change soon,

I finished my engineering degree in one of the Nigeria useless university without job.  One morning, I was walking along yaba area trying to look for where to fix my glasses along the road. Suddenly, a Bus -  commercial bus - packed very close to where I was standing and a group of guys came out from the Bus and order me to go inside that they are Police office. I refused, untill I was shown their Police ID. I entered the bus, hoping that they will tell me my offence. I was thinking my offence  maybe that I was fixing my pair of glassses with those guys along the road not using a registered Optian, so I planned to tell them that I was unemployed so I can afford the consultant fee of an optomologist or optian. Inshot I teck to Yaba that day,

Alas, that was not my offence. I was told to show my ID, which I did   showing my National ID. Then they collected my wallet, searching for only God knows what! I have alot of Busiiness contact  card inside my wallet. I have only the money I wanted to use to get the glasses fix. The Bus was still moving all this time,  I guess the Driver is not a police officer.

In the Bus I meet some other guys. We were all taken to the  Police barrack at somewhere in surulere. At the station,  the police officers are giving all of us our offences.  Guys please my u na follow me hear offences

One guy was told that because his laptop has no receipt, means that he is a Yahoo Boy, another guy among us was told that since he is a student of Unilag, that he should be in school at that time why was he in Yaba, that it either he is a pick pocket or fake money changer,   alot of offencees like that I can really remember again. I was just laughing! Yes there was one guy charge for carry Black sack,  na when I hear this I canot control my laughter again.

Mine was that ,  during the time one of the police was checking my wallet, they found a small  broken rusted blade.  I  cannot even remember how it got there, it  was rusted, shows that it has being there for long.  so I was charge for light weapon carrier, guys at this time I was laughing so loud, I was laughing at the failure of Nigeria system,  You need to see the way the officers were saying it,  You are charge for  CARRING LIGHT WEAPON, each time I ask which weapon?, they would show me the rusted broken blade, i would laugh so loud!

Others paid to gain their fredom, and when they saw that I was just catching fun with them, they have to let me go, but I was just laughing at Nigeria as a  country.

I can't figure out which one is funnier. OP's post or yours. I pray this doesn't happen to me. I carry my laptop to work with no receipts. Shit I have no idea where my receipt is  
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2011
praying for him

Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 10:08pm On Mar 17, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Then it's gotta be something about your face they just don't like. . .Lmao!! cheesy
its the ride. the tint is custom designed. so they think i am some shady guy doing business within the cloak of the tint. needless to say, i have removed the tint from the car and the harrassmeNt has stopped.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by SSaemoenl(m): 10:08pm On Mar 17, 2011
mama-gee:

[size=72pt]You're a joker![/size]

Mama, I cant see what you wrote, , [size=2pt]Maybe you are backing Jonathan. So disappointed.[/size]
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On Mar 17, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Please like that don't ever fess up oo!!!
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2011
loving the pics NEWSCASTER.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOFdd2Ogdjk&feature=related

Shocking video of unethical/immoral behavior in American Police Force, this is wrong
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:20pm On Mar 17, 2011
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:20pm On Mar 17, 2011
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2bEBiZGxyw&feature=related

Arrested for protesting was and global warming.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2011
15 Year Old Girl Punched And Pepper Sprayed By Cop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10VKwULQbb8&feature=related
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2011
Two cops suspended for assaulting a six-year-old girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qys_EfmZdnM&feature=related
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2011
coward police abuse!!!!!!!!!! full grown man beat little girl!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo87WSvP0Cc&feature=related
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:23pm On Mar 17, 2011
cop gives police a bad name, kicks man in the head acts proud of it ,idiot of the week award

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOj8IXj6_3w&feature=related
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2011
Officer Accused Of Kicking Man In Face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD_IXYmH6cQ&feature=fvwrel
Police Brutality: Cop points gun in girls face for being rear ended by his son. Philly July 09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRWxm_oJfx8&feature=related
Man sues after police beating caught on tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd9T8WyrKhQ&feature=related
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Newscaster: 10:25pm On Mar 17, 2011
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by SisiKill1: 10:27pm On Mar 17, 2011
@ Newscaster
I can be kinda slow sometimes so pardon me when I ask. . . What's your point with all the pix and video you are posting?
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by CyberGuru1(m): 10:29pm On Mar 17, 2011
I was arrested and detained on Sunday 13th March, they locked me up on cell till monday morning.
My hearth bleeded because of what happened that day! I saw corruption on the highest level!
Nigeria Police collected bribe and locked me up for nothing sake shocked shocked shocked
How can u detain somebody for a case that you've not investigated?
They were asking silly questions as if they're fools. My Nephew who is still in primary can even ask
more reasonable question than them shocked shocked shocked
What kind of country is this
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by buzugee(m): 10:31pm On Mar 17, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

@ Newscaster
I can be kinda slow sometimes so pardon me when I ask. . . What's your point with all the pix and video you are posting?  
THE POINT IS, nigerian police are girl scouts compared to police all over the world. at least with bribe you can get away unscathed. try bribing a redneck cop. he will shove a broomstick up your anussss. ask louima abna http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.afrostyly.com/images/actu/abner_louima_hopital.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.afrostyly.com/english/afro/news/abner_louima.htm&h=410&w=500&sz=37&tbnid=C5xXRmLvhVG6ZM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dabner%2Blouima&zoom=1&q=abner+louima&usg=__Dcz4vS968gw8vRRClntASIJ0pIU=&sa=X&ei=KH2CTc6IKIPrgQe7ioHKCA&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAw

popos busted his rectum and bladder when they forcibly shoved a broomstick up his rectum
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by mrofficial(m): 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2011
Nigerian police can be so annoying. They stop you and ask what you're carrying in a bag, once it's a laptop, they ask for the receipt. If you can't provide them the receipt, they won't let you go. undecided This thing is very common in computer village.

Very soon, we'll have to carry our phones with receipts along.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by oweniwe(m): 10:37pm On Mar 17, 2011
Mehn, poster, you are not alone. I was going to the village from school one morning last year wen policemen attached to obiaruku police station stop d okada, search my bag, found my laptop in and asked 4 the receipt. I told em i didn't hav it. They asked me to pay N5,000 and go but i didn't have d money. Imagine they then handcuffed me AND THE TOTALLY INNOCENT OKADAMAN. I was puzzled. . . eh. . . is it a crime to be wit ur laptop without receipt? They said no. O Gawd. I spent about 5hours at d police station before my uncle came to bail me after parting wit N15,000. I got my laptop back after 3 days. Lucky me. If na another case, the lappy 4 don disappear.

But believe me dear, hating the police won't do you any good. Just forget it and try to make friends wit them so incase you have any issues wit em, they'll settle it 4 you without much hassle. Take my advice o, coz its very valuable.
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Busybody2(f): 10:39pm On Mar 17, 2011
Nigerians would never stop being hypocrites, if one of these pics/videos had been of Nigerian Police assaulting children we would never have heard the end of it, All we hear is stories of how one rude girl was deservedly manhandled by Naval Officers, SMH lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 17, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

@ Newscaster

lol at bold, newscaster craves attention tongue!
Re: I Hate Nigeria With A Passion by SisiKill1: 10:51pm On Mar 17, 2011
buzugee:

THE POINT IS, nigerian police are girl scouts compared to police all over the world. at least with bribe you can get away unscathed. try bribing a redneck cop. he will shove a broomstick up your anussss. ask louima abna http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.afrostyly.com/images/actu/abner_louima_hopital.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.afrostyly.com/english/afro/news/abner_louima.htm&h=410&w=500&sz=37&tbnid=C5xXRmLvhVG6ZM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dabner%2Blouima&zoom=1&q=abner+louima&usg=__Dcz4vS968gw8vRRClntASIJ0pIU=&sa=X&ei=KH2CTc6IKIPrgQe7ioHKCA&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAw

popos busted his rectum and bladder when they forcibly shoved a broomstick up his rectum

From your link

Volpe was sentenced to 30 years in prison. Another officer was convicted for pinning Louima down during the assault, and four others were convicted of lying to authorities.

Louima's subsequent civil suit against the city resulted in a settlement of $8.75 million, the largest police brutality settlement in New York City history.

Other countries have a system in place to take care of people who infringe on the rights of the citizens, Nigeria does not have that. What happens the day the bribe money is not enough? They bash the person's head in and everyone around him will tell him to thank his lucky stars he still alive and to move on with his life.  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

FG Gives FAAN, NAMA, Others 45 Days To Relocate Headquarters To Abuja / U.S. Shouldn’t Rush To Embrace Nigerian Election Results —US Senator Jim Risch / Kemi Olunloyo: I Lectured The IPOB On Facebook Live, IPOB Remains My Servant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.