Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,438 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? (42814 Views)

Never Go Into A Relationship Without Being Stable In Life / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by saajus: 1:07am On Dec 16, 2020
Do you trust the poor guy? It is one thing that you love him, it's another thing for him to love you as you love him. Verify this before you go with the poor guy that you love. Also, make sure he's not humble because of poverty. Also, make sure he has a dream. Some people are poor and lazy. Make sure he's making moves to deliver himself from poverty. Like, trying new biz ideas, making connections that could land him a job, or attempting to check out of the country, etc.

I don't know what you guys call a wedding. For me, I can use 50k Naira to do a wedding. I won't feed the public. Go for Court wedding and continue your life. Before the wedding, you guys will need comfortable accommodation and at least a source of income that can take care of you, him and a child.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by RealAlubarika(m): 1:12am On Dec 16, 2020
Organsmuggler:
Rich or poor they still gonna cheat on u, marry the rich/financially stable man cuz it's better to cry in Dubai than your village farm grin

Copy cat
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by EASTERNPOL: 1:14am On Dec 16, 2020
Stop any sexual relationship with the guy and seek the face of God, God in his infinity mercy will speak to you on what to do

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Franklydes(m): 1:14am On Dec 16, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
OP. DO U THINK THE CURRENTLY POOR MAN CANT MAKE IT? AND DO U THINK THE CURRENTLY RICH MAN CANT GO BROKE? If the poor guy CAN take care of family \u and him/ basic needs marry him. MOST GALS HERE NO GET LIFE AND TOO MANY BOY KIDS HERE. ignore s0me idiotic c0mments
Bruv you just murder them, nice one
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:34am On Dec 16, 2020
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Lately, I buy almost everything for him, to support him.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.
I have little money I saved to support my wedding as well, but he have nothing.

Married people in the house please help.
I want to have direction plan for my life coming year.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?
That love will easily turn into irritation when you marry him and things don't get better. Remember your kids, having babies ain't cheap.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:35am On Dec 16, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
OP. DO U THINK THE CURRENTLY POOR MAN CANT MAKE IT? AND DO U THINK THE CURRENTLY RICH MAN CANT GO BROKE? If the poor guy CAN take care of family \u and him/ basic needs marry him. MOST GALS HERE NO GET LIFE AND TOO MANY BOY KIDS HERE. ignore s0me idiotic c0mments
She said he got no shishi
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by calcal: 1:35am On Dec 16, 2020
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?

olodo, you cannot even plan your life without s. media
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:38am On Dec 16, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
The real question is,
Are financially stable men looking for you to marry or to sleep with?
Before you insult me or broke shame me,pleaseknow that I am very very comfortable and as such wouldn't look at a 30year old woman in Nigeria twice for marriage.
The earlier you all understand this the better for you.
Unless you are very lucky but no big man marries women that aren't in their youth no more.
I mean who get that time to dey jump from one fertility clinic to the other or seeing your old skin almost everyday in the name of marrying old woman and worse still upon all my money?
Never!!!Better marry that poor guy and brush him up with your funds,else na 35 year spinster go clear you grin
You say you 30?then you must be the most stupid dumb 30 year old male I've ever had to read his post. Old skin? Fertility clinic? Dumb fvvck
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:43am On Dec 16, 2020
willingheart:
How do I marry him when he has nothing to process the marriage?
Court marriage.... You don't need to impress anyone. No one will give u mark

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:44am On Dec 16, 2020
Mindlog:

If he can't fend for himself, why should marriage that comes with a whole load of responsibilities be in his radar for now? This screenshot from a blog, captures it.
He probably wants to suck her dry.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by emmaodet: 1:52am On Dec 16, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
The real question is,
Are financially stable men looking for you to marry or to sleep with?
Before you insult me or broke shame me,pleaseknow that I am very very comfortable and as such wouldn't look at a 30year old woman in Nigeria twice for marriage.
The earlier you all understand this the better for you.
Unless you are very lucky but no big man marries women that aren't in their youth no more.
I mean who get that time to dey jump from one fertility clinic to the other or seeing your old skin almost everyday in the name of marrying old woman and worse still upon all my money?
Never!!!Better marry that poor guy and brush him up with your funds,else na 35 year spinster go clear you grin

Lol
brotherly, u sef see am.
I still wonder how the average nigerian lady thinks men should settle for farrrrrrrrrrr too less.
So na man suppose marry an old liability or baggage all in the name of yeye Love? tufiakwaaa
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by SissyAda: 2:00am On Dec 16, 2020
CsRockefeller:
This is quite dicey. I don't want to act as if your current bf isn't human but what is he doing with you when he knows he's not capable?

For me, he should be the one to pull out of the relationship and let you be, in other words, he is very selfish.

Money is very important in marriage, very important that by the time you enter you'll realise that love isn't a currency that will pay rent, put food on the table and pay your children's school fees.

Use your tongue to count your teeth, don't be naive. By the way, what's all these rubbish talk with "he's the one I love" bla bla bla......., my sister everyone is capable of loving everyone and anyone don't let your heart deceive you.

For me, I can't even date someone when I earn nothing, and I can't even date/marry someone who isn't working. If you want to be the husband as d woman while your bf becomes the wife as d man it's in your court.

Things can change tomorrow for him but hope isn't a strategy. On the other hand, things can even get worse for him.

Omooo, am glad this was the first comment and after reading this comment, there was no need to keep on reading others. What an outburst of wisdom. I respect manh. �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Empiree: 2:34am On Dec 16, 2020
Organsmuggler:
Rich or poor they still gonna cheat on u, marry the rich/financially stable man cuz it's better to cry in Dubai than your village farm grin
You are a thug grin cheesy You said it like it is. No pretense cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by ojuu4u(m): 2:37am On Dec 16, 2020
willingheart:
How do I marry him when he has nothing to process the marriage?

If a respected and prominent man of God who might have seen all in marriages, can advice "Christian ladies not to marry jobless (not low incomers o).

Let go the way of Bible, a man who can't provide for his "nuclear family worst than infidels.

Its those who are in marriages that understand what marriage means, it comes with heavy responsibilities and it will be pilling up for sooooo many years to come before dropping.

There is different btw "I don't love him" and I deliberately locked my heart against him, because of handsome lazy guy.
God had created our heart to love who ever we want to love most especially female's hearts

If you already locked ur heart for jobless guy, maybe because of outlooks, it will be practically impossible to love anyone else, not until ur eyes clear after marriage.

From ur post, it is glaring that you are tired of carrying bills already, I imaging what will happen if bills double.

If its only because love issue and not other red flags.

I will advice you to delay marriage and try to open ur heart for him for love to grow.

Some said u should do low key marriage, even if its low, its man that is supposed to foot the bill, because he is the one who wants to marry you.

A jobless man has no business in whatever call marriage biko.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by blissbliss: 3:36am On Dec 16, 2020
The answer lies within you.

Would you resent him tomorrow if after settling with him?
If yes, there’s no point adding to the poor man’s woes.

It’s your call and sadly you have to be selfish about it.
Once you make that final decision, don’t come feeling bad. You must be able to stand with your decision.

Best wishes.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Mrscarter(f): 3:41am On Dec 16, 2020
willingheart:

If you truly love each other don't listen to what anyone else says. I would still marry him and work things out as U go together
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by zedegit: 3:42am On Dec 16, 2020
Ihatebuhariwith:
Ain't married but why can't u give him the money u r saving for the wedding, maybe he could use it for business instead of saving with no profit..
Note: if u love n trust him ni o.

Bad advice. Would you advise your sister like this?

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Mrscarter(f): 3:48am On Dec 16, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

Exactly.
All these ppl here saying money this money that.
Marraige should be about love.
They can hustle together and motivate each other to better their lives.
When will ppl realise money isn't everything.
When U love someone Ur happier in your life n aspire to do better so U can have a nice life together.
I don't understand why everyone wanna be rich undecided
It can't buy the most important things in life. As long as U have a home n a partner who loves you then U should be happy n face life n it's challenges together.
Money changes ppl. Money changes things. Not always for the better

But U know the guy. If he's willing to try his hardest to take care of you then I would choose love but if he the type that is lazy n won't do his best to help with responsibilities in marraige then love won't be enough. But if he is the type to do his best..I'd choose him

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by legacystore: 3:52am On Dec 16, 2020
Verysmart101:

Shut up ur mouth.Who are u to judge her future by saying she will learn d hard way if she marries him?Are u God? Ur a big fool.

Lalasticlala
Seun

Insulting a nairalander
Do the needful
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Mrscarter(f): 4:03am On Dec 16, 2020
nitoriolohun:
This is a proof that we still have good ladies. It's very normal to really think about finance in getting married but I will advise you to take it a step further.

According to you no one cares in his family but you guys understand each other perfectly. If I may ask why is he unemployed? Is he looking for a job or wat ? Why not agree with him to learn a skill he can use to sustain himself for a while pending him getting a job or able to establish real big and cut a big cost on the money you have already saved to finance other logistics.

Where is he staying at the moment ? Is he a zealous type? Has he been talking abt his plans and you know the only thing stoping him is money? You know this guy better, you have been with him and you can tell the kind of person he is.

In this life ehn some guys will rise with the help of their woman ( the story of m k o is a good example) same way countless ladies have risen from the help of a man and it shouldn't be a big deal because we are more privileged than ourselves

And again nothing last for ever , do not make a permanent choice because of a temporary situation because with the right support that guy can rise and if you go for a financially stable man today things might go south.

Pray and let God guide you my sister . Shalom !!!

Yeah help Ur man rise. That's wat love is
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Mrscarter(f): 4:10am On Dec 16, 2020
Klass99:

Please listen to this person, pay attention to everything he has said with emphasis on his 3rd, 5th and last paragraph.

Hope is not a strategy, reminds me of Ethan Hunt's Mission Impossible movie grin

Really?
U would marry a man you don't love n eventually be unhappy?
Whereas if U marry the guy who's broke U don't know he could become better off n U could be very happy n have everything.
I could never marry just to be comfortable.
Even if I had wanted to I couldn't let a man I don't love touch my body or kiss me.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by AngelDo: 5:06am On Dec 16, 2020
See wisdom!!!

CsRockefeller:
This is quite dicey. I don't want to act as if your current bf isn't human but what is he doing with you when he knows he's not capable?

For me, he should be the one to pull out of the relationship and let you be, in other words, he is very selfish.

Money is very important in marriage, very important that by the time you enter you'll realise that love isn't a currency that will pay rent, put food on the table and pay your children's school fees.

Use your tongue to count your teeth, don't be naive. By the way, what's all these rubbish talk with "he's the one I love" bla bla bla......., my sister everyone is capable of loving everyone and anyone don't let your heart deceive you.

For me, I can't even date someone when I earn nothing, and I can't even date/marry someone who isn't working. If you want to be the husband as d woman while your bf becomes the wife as d man it's in your court.

Things can change tomorrow for him but hope isn't a strategy. On the other hand, things can even get worse for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by galantjoe(m): 5:10am On Dec 16, 2020
Love alone cannot sustain marriage but commitment and responsibility do.

Love attracts marriage but cannot keep it beyond some certain extent but responsibility and commitment do.

It is a duty of a husband to love his wife and children while his wife reciprocates the love by being submissive and humble and his children being obedient to his instruction.

My dear. If financially okay guy is asking u for marriage, accept him, no sane person will see road and trek thru bush. Remember your time is ticking late. Don't waste your time. Take decision now
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 5:26am On Dec 16, 2020
Barristter07:

Lol bro ... Your words won't sell, Most people HARDLY think in terms of long term . As much as it's not advisable to marry person who doesn't have something to sustain the Family, It's also not ideal to go into Marriage just because the man can provide. That comfortable Guy can be SACKED, Experience Downturn In business. Etc No wonder most marriages crumble once the man lost his source of income or his business ain't making waves like before. You will hear " my wife attitude has changed just two weeks after sack " , She was never there because she love him for who he is , It was just because he can provide.

Another issue lately is that So many of those marrying who they don't love for money, CHEAT In the Marriage with who they love . So are we suprised at the rate of paternal fraud ? Now watch, in most cases the guy who owns the child doesn't have as much asset or money like the husband, simply because that's who she loves . ... This generation is gone.

Exactly bro. The two bolded points are very correct...
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lambarry1: 5:42am On Dec 16, 2020
This your so called rich guy I can bet he is a salary earner. Probably a banker. Lol because he is wearing shirt ant tie driving to work every day in second hand tokunbo car forming busy and rich for you that's your definition of richness. Nigerian girl with low IQ. Una plenty. Majority of you dont even know what being a woman is. Instead of you to seek the face of God to reveal your partner to you in the journey of life ...you have already arrived at a destination even before starting by prioritizing. Fools! Fools! Foolish ... you dont even know anything about life . Do you even know if any of the 3 of you will live until the said wedding day.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Handsomebb: 5:48am On Dec 16, 2020
MARRY WHO YOU THINK IS BEST FOR YOU....LAS LAS YOU GO DEY ALRIGHT.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Sailorsoldier1: 5:58am On Dec 16, 2020
Organsmuggler:
do u think because he is rich u might as well see d money? He might just lock u up in one dungeon while he spoils his side chicks
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by TinaG(f): 6:06am On Dec 16, 2020
If you love him, pray for his breakthrough, I met my bf when he had nothing but along the line, God blessed him with a great contract that brings in millions weekly and I even got pregnant and he said I should terminate it due to his financial status but I refused and advised him that the future holds something great.Today we have a son and marriage arrangements are on ground.we have in excess too, No one knows tomorrow. Your happiness matters

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Zaggie(m): 6:08am On Dec 16, 2020
Organsmuggler:
Werey grin grin
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by engrMikemd(m): 6:09am On Dec 16, 2020
At10tion:
hahaha! Unmh, are you the jobless 35 year old guy! guy you need to man up grin
See how your fiancee con scatter you for here lolz!

Na wa o!
bro u talk as if anybody chooses to be jobless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married / Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) / She Went To My Phone, Now She Is Threatening A Divorce.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.