Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? (42803 Views)

Never Go Into A Relationship Without Being Stable In Life / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 15, 2020
teejay167:

what would you do if you are such situation
hmm
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Olafisoyem: 11:04pm On Dec 15, 2020
I have money, I’m married and I can tell you for free that you should marry who you love. I promise you money cannot make you happy or give you health and a happy life. People don’t think it’s true but it’s mostly poor people that will tell you they want to be rich whether they are happy or not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Drsnives(m): 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2020
Organsmuggler:
Rich or poor they still gonna cheat on u, marry the rich/financially stable man cuz it's better to cry in Dubai than your village farm grin

Omoh bad gan
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by cleph(m): 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2020
Number 36:6 This is what the Lord commands concerning the daughters of Zelophehad, ‘Let them marry whom they think best, only they shall marry within the clan of the tribe of their father......do what ever you want with this
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Alezy(m): 11:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Lately, I buy almost everything for him, to support him.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.
I have little money I saved to support my wedding as well, but he have nothing.

Married people in the house please help.
I want to have direction plan for my life coming year.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?
let me tell you the truth, marriage isn't about finance alone o. Marry who you know you love because it will shock you when you have all you want yet you are not happy. This is a life time something. If you like follow these kids on NL and get confused.

Nobody will be with you in your home, irrespective of the wealth involved, your happiness is 95% all you need in a marriage that's why you see many marriages don't last today because the common Nigerian lady now prefers what I will gain than what I really want, so pls don't make a mistake now and jump out within few years. My 2cents.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Alezy(m): 11:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
Olafisoyem:
I have money, I’m married and I can tell you for free that you should marry who you love. I promise you money cannot make you happy or give you health and a happy life. People don’t think it’s true but it’s mostly poor people that will tell you they want to be rich whether they are happy or not
you have sense

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by efficiencie(m): 11:14pm On Dec 15, 2020
@willingheart many of the marriage counsellors offering their mumu advice here are most likely not married. Sister, money does not guarantee you will last 1 week in a marriage ohhh. Someone said it is better for you to cry in Dubai but I pray you don't see what will make you cry in Dubai ohhh. May you not shed the tears that billions of dollars cannot wipe away. Marriage could be a one way ticket to bliss and could be a one way ticket to destruction. Marry who can work, walk and waltz with you through any situation. Marry who matches you. Marry the person that you can face uncertain times with...don't make the mistake of marrying because of socioeconomic considerations only to later get pregnant for your true love later and plunge your rich husband into paternity fraud.

Remember the condition of a man's pocket can change overnight but the condition of a man's heart may remain the same forever...choose wisely and remember that whatever your choice is, you will reap the reward or consequences all by yourself!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by uniqueboi1(m): 11:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
anochuko01:
If he's learned, you could have posted his credentials here so kind hearted persons can reason his matter. That would have been more useful than what you just posted aswear!

If indeed you love him and not looking for an excuse to leave him, then you should use this platform to uplift him. Even if you've gotten someone else, still do this for him.

willingheart

Bless you Sir.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Oweku: 11:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
This is deep...

well my advice goes like this..

1. His is a graduate that is unemployed?
2. Does he a handwork that pays little..
3. If he is the type that is looking for a white collar job please leave him.
4. If he is the serious type hustling but earning little don't leave him.

Please stay with d one who will always put a smile on your face..
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by P1PrinceKT(m): 11:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
Organsmuggler:
Rich or poor they still gonna cheat on u, marry the rich/financially stable man cuz it's better to cry in Dubai than your village farm grin

That's according to your tradition.

that everyone must Cheat.

you're living in a Cheating-Free environment.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Alezy(m): 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2020
CsRockefeller:
This is quite dicey. I don't want to act as if your current bf isn't human but what is he doing with you when he knows he's not capable?

For me, he should be the one to pull out of the relationship and let you be, in other words, he is very selfish.

Money is very important in marriage, very important that by the time you enter you'll realise that love isn't a currency that will pay rent, put food on the table and pay your children's school fees.

Use your tongue to count your teeth, don't be naive. By the way, what's all these rubbish talk with "he's the one I love" bla bla bla......., my sister everyone is capable of loving everyone and anyone don't let your heart deceive you.

For me, I can't even date someone when I earn nothing, and I can't even date/marry someone who isn't working. If you want to be the husband as d woman while your bf becomes the wife as d man it's in your court.

Things can change tomorrow for him but hope isn't a strategy. On the other hand, things can even get worse for him.
this kinda comment is the reason we have a zillion broken homes today all over Nigeria with majority of them seen cheating on their husband's and wives respectively.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 15, 2020
Lucyspa:

Don't mind her. E go soon clear for her eye. She is 30 oo. Let's say the guy makes money at 36 or 37, what makes her think that he will want to marry a woman in her 30's?

Nothing wrong with that ..I just sense that her so-called bf is very greedy.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
koyyes:

Nothing wrong with that ..I just sense that her so-called bf is very greedy.

My dear, i know. But how many successful Nigerian men will like to marry a woman in her 30's
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
misterniyi:

This is a rather selfish statement.

You have completely judged the poor man

I did not have money when I was 35. So imagine someone had judged me then.......without knowing about today.

I also know people who had money at 35 and are now broke as broke.......that one too nko?

LIfe is as it comes. You are broke....keep striving......you are rich.......dupe tie and stop judging someone who is trying to be

Ok ooo
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by melviniyke2002(m): 11:31pm On Dec 15, 2020
Organsmuggler:
if ur man cheats,dats ur own problem but dnt generalize pls.......
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Dec 15, 2020
Lucyspa:

My dear, i know. But how many successful Nigerian men will like to marry a woman in her 30's

There are...we just have pedophiles at a larger percentage who are very particular about numbers.

3 Likes

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by wands: 11:33pm On Dec 15, 2020
CsRockefeller:
This is quite dicey. I don't want to act as if your current bf isn't human but what is he doing with you when he knows he's not capable?

For me, he should be the one to pull out of the relationship and let you be, in other words, he is very selfish.

Money is very important in marriage, very important that by the time you enter you'll realise that love isn't a currency that will pay rent, put food on the table and pay your children's school fees.

Use your tongue to count your teeth, don't be naive. By the way, what's all these rubbish talk with "he's the one I love" bla bla bla......., my sister everyone is capable of loving everyone and anyone don't let your heart deceive you.

For me, I can't even date someone when I earn nothing, and I can't even date/marry someone who isn't working. If you want to be the husband as d woman while your bf becomes the wife as d man it's in your court.

Things can change tomorrow for him but hope isn't a strategy. On the other hand, things can even get worse for him.
You are so on point. That's the main reason we created workingandsingle.com dating platform for working singles interested in serious relationships. Finance is very much important in any relationship. Kudos to your understanding and common sense. BTW, workingandsingle is free but exclusively for working singles to meet their partners
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Verysmart101: 11:37pm On Dec 15, 2020
CsRockefeller:

There is no life gurantee on earth concerning any situation.The finacially stable man of today can be the poorest tomorrow.She should take it in prayers.God is the only guarantee.Marrying someone u dont love is one of the worst things anyone can do on earth.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Verysmart101: 11:48pm On Dec 15, 2020
Ikjosh04:
The key to his prosperity could be unlocked when he get married.

To me, you can marry him, in as much as the man is reasonable and doing everything possible to break his entanglement with poverty.

Btw, no where In the Bible was it written to marry who you love.

The scripture says we should love who we marry.

Love is not feelings or emotions.

Love simply means commitment, passion, pleasure and above all sacrifice!

The distance between dreams and reality is called action and as long as anyone is intentional about their progess in life, the breakthrough will come.

It's also important to note Success in life depends more on who you know than what you know.

Honestly u guys dont read ur bible at all.
Song of Solomon 3:4: I have found the one whom my soul loves.
Read further down and understand better
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Verysmart101: 11:52pm On Dec 15, 2020
frozen70:

This is very daisy

Marrying a man you love is different from marrying a man that loves you

If you love him and you are a willing but he is not making any income, be ready to carry load, I mean family load and don't complain when it's beyond you

It's not a good advice for you to sponsor your own marriage, what about other financial issues that will come up in the family, who will cater for that ?

A man that loves you but have no good income will take because of love and go extra miles to look for what to do just because he loves you and that single act will trigger you to bring out whatever you have to support his little efforts and that doesn't mean that you will sponsor your marriage

Getting married to a financial stable man can not be compared to the two comparisons I stated above

No body wants to move from poor to poorer

Leave the man to go and struggle he has all the time to do that more than the time you have for yourself
Look the mans condition wont remain d same again.All OP needs is to discuss with him on d way forward after d marriage,if he's to learn a basic skill fine,i bet you planning is all he needs.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Verysmart101: 11:55pm On Dec 15, 2020
[quote author=fannybaby post=97077941]The bible already has the answer. Wives honor your husband and husband love your wife....

It is your husband that is suppose to love you. If the financial stable guy loves you, please go for him.

If the other guy have some change tomorrow, he won't still give you money to run the house[/quote
U people and ur stupid advice,how did u know if he will change if hes got some change tomorrow?
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Verysmart101: 12:02am On Dec 16, 2020
legacystore:
quote author=willingheart post=97067897]I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

He's 35yrs this yr and I'm 30 already. He wants to get married, but he can't afford it.

Age is not on my side, yet the only man I love and that loves me can't afford to marry me. If we're married, it will be easy for me to share everything with him without my family members putting eyes.

My Aunt called me stu.pid that i should accept a financially stable man instead of being with a man who can not afford to take care of me.

Marrying the one you love or the one that's financially stable. What's your advice and opinion?

So u still don't have sense at 30

Just marry him n learn the hard way now

Since he can't afford to marry u, just get pregnant for him n u will become affordable instantly, just do it for him so u will become very affordable n u marry the love of ur life.
Shut up ur mouth.Who are u to judge her future by saying she will learn d hard way if she marries him?Are u God? Ur a big fool.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Rockyfancino(m): 12:09am On Dec 16, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
OP. DO U THINK THE CURRENTLY POOR MAN CANT MAKE IT? AND DO U THINK THE CURRENTLY RICH MAN CANT GO BROKE? If the poor guy CAN take care of family \u and him/ basic needs marry him. MOST GALS HERE NO GET LIFE AND TOO MANY BOY KIDS HERE. ignore s0me idiotic c0mments
The most reasonable comment I've seen so far. A rich man can become broke at any freaking time and the monster in him can be unleashed due to the frustration also.

Normally, riches shouldn't be a criteria for dating as long as daily bread can enter one's mouth. But these days, everyone is expected to be rich. The world as somehow become so corrupt.

Even in the bible, daily bread should be hoped on from God. One can work madly for 40 years and still be struggling to survive. No one knows how these things work.

I see some people, right from childhood, things just begin to gel for the them, no matter how unserious they are. And I'm still here struggling to get fit so that I can even be able to do that work that a man ought to do

Anyways, sister, you cannot get the answer you seek on this forum. You may pick the financially stable guy and it should be your doom or not. You may also pick the one you love and it should also be your doom or not. All I know is, this life is not merciful and doesn't pity the conditions on people.

Good luck, I really wish you the best.
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by OgidiOlu3(m): 12:13am On Dec 16, 2020
@Op, do you remember Margaret "Molly" Brown from Titanic? This was her story as well. You can Google "The Unsinkable Molly Brown".

True love is really hard to find nowadays so if you have one, keep it. If your bf feels the same about you, both of you can sit and think of new skills to acquire to be employable. Poverty is not a curse, it's a condition and no condition is permanent (if you work towards changing it).

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Lucyspa: 12:31am On Dec 16, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
Wait until money enters his hands, they you will know if he truly loves you. Then you will resort to "after I suffered with him". You have no control over how someone feels about you. You can only go with what s/he tells you. You may be his only hope and he has to remain loyal for now. Let's see how love can pay rent and school fees.

You are wasting your life with a 35 years financially unstable man. If he were to be 25...then may be.

/

True. By next year he will be in his late 30's and he is looking for job with an OND!!!
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by SHOCK7(m): 12:33am On Dec 16, 2020
Organsmuggler:
Hello wink
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by 3ljay: 12:39am On Dec 16, 2020
willingheart:
I'm truly in love with this guy. We are happy together, We understand each other perfectly. With him I'm � myself, No pretence. Same with him. He's everything I want in a man, but the problem is that: he doesn't have money. He keeps trying, but things are not working. no job and he's from a family where everyone are on their own facing their challenges, no support.

How far can he go to be financially independent? can he wash cars? can he wash clothes for people? I mean is he ready to put aside whatever ego he has and get his hands dirty with legit hard work? I'm married 7yrs and I know what it means to be broke..as in have nothing. But I got out of poverty for life because I took responsibility for my life and fought madly against being broke!

1 Like

Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by SURElee(f): 12:47am On Dec 16, 2020
love without money na frustration. you go tell me whether you go monetize thag love to oay school fees n house rent. abi you fo exchange love for food stuff for market? Your eyes go soon neat o!
Re: Marrying Financially Stable One Or The One You Love? by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 16, 2020
My sister, don't be deceived, chekwa ya eche, check am well OK.
Love is not enough in marriage. Broke people especially guys can pose as great lovers but let them make small money they show the beast in them. I don't mean, you should leave the guy but think about it, pray seriously about it. Let God lead you and not men. There is a way that seems right unto a man but the end is destruction.

Don't go into marriage based on assumption when you possibly have a God that knows the future and is willing to lead those who subscribed to His dealings.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

I've Been Combing My Conscience,was I Wrong? I Need Someone To Help Analyse This / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married / Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.