Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened - Family (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened (78522 Views)

Kenyan Man Returns Empty-Handed 42 Years After He Left Home For Greener Pastures / None Of My Fiance's Family Members Likes Me. Please Help / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by SweetCunt97(f): 12:12am On Jan 09, 2021
shantti:

Yes, i went to my girlfrinds house on 31st night so we could go for crossover together, i met her mum and she begged to make sure her daughter was back home before 2am, she was not greedy and demanding like you and the op's mother
MSN wey get no go complain. You men should stop making Lil financial stuff look big. Must you advertise ur frustration?
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by shantti(m): 12:12am On Jan 09, 2021
Xmen149:

hahaha..mother and pikin collaboration doing local Yahoo.

let me go and date her too and carry my own fiance badge,give the mama N100 bread chop her pikin for atleast one month and find my way..lol.. ndi ezuzu

Azin eh, coded prostitution

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Xmen149(m): 12:15am On Jan 09, 2021
shantti:

Gini bu this intending in laws u r talking about, are you daft, the young man brought gift on his first visit,

intending inlaw is someone that said they will marry your daughter then go on having canal knowledge of her after you have known the two of them together and this can go on as long as possible while he brings you gift..

same word as fiance..or onye choro inu nwagi nwanyi
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Sweetcho: 12:15am On Jan 09, 2021
divineappo:
ashawo kobo kobo

your pussy go rotten las las,

sebi u are a lesbian, why can't you marry her and show her u can care for children, bitch
hahahaha lol did i call your name? the LovePeddler whose filthy anus you dropped from your mother is the ashawo bitch with rotten pussy. Its a shame a useless specimen like you didn't drip down her dirty legs when your father was pumping her the night you where conceived ! I bet she rather swallowed the sperm that would have had brains! How you are you shall always remain get away from my mentions and go sniff your mother tongue
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by shantti(m): 12:16am On Jan 09, 2021
Mariangeles:
[s][/s]

Get out of my mention with your nonsense!

How you or anyone think or feel about the Igbos is irrelevant! It doesn't change who we are. A GREAT PEOPLE!

U are hereby banished from the grooming civilization of the ancient igbos, i hereby push u over to the fulanis, remember to buy calabash for making kunu

6 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by foleskay(m): 12:16am On Jan 09, 2021
Mariangeles:
Ndi mpiawa azu na ndi iro ejula ebe a nile! grin

Like MTN, they're everywhere you go!

Ori e daru. O ro pe o le fi ibo bu omo iya mi. Olori pelebe omo a je okuta ma mumi

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by mceze(m): 12:17am On Jan 09, 2021
Mariangeles:

We are Africans. Let us be honest with ourselves.

A man going alone to visit his would-be mother in-law empty handed is a red flag. Something to worry about.
What was the purpose of the visit?
Even as a female, it is still wrong to go visit the mother of the man you're going to marry empty handed.

We have problem in this country and this part of the world. No wonder we are backward.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Xmen149(m): 12:17am On Jan 09, 2021
shantti:

Azin eh, coded prostitution

mothers dey run am steady for some places in the east I rather not name..coded things
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Ashirioluwa: 12:19am On Jan 09, 2021
You are the real problem here not your mom because I believe you should have educate you mom. Now are you telling me your fiancé must come with gift anytime he wants to visit your family? I don't even know why your mom complained about this. I will run if I were the guy because this is a red signal
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by oloshun(m): 12:19am On Jan 09, 2021
[quote author=Mariangeles post=97809394]

A man going alone to visit his would-be mother in-law empty handed is a red flag. Something to worry about.
Even as a female, it is still wrong to go visit the mother of the man you're going to marry empty handeAmericans?

Bro, I understand understand what you are saying. But we might be a little disarray to say "we are africans", this tradition of gesture is not holistic. While our path expect and welcome it, it is an insult to some. We need to see from that guy's perspective. There might be other things around the issue. But at the same time, the mother shouldn't have scolded her daughter. She should have waited for the reoccurence. WhT do you think?

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by shantti(m): 12:22am On Jan 09, 2021
JovialJune:

Egbami ke, who says you people are not great people? Who is arguing about that?

The point most people are saying is, don't say nonsense is your culture, be bold and say it's only your own family abi ancestors or clan, so it will be easy to differentiate the great ones from the yeye ones, do you understand? Stop portraying Igbo's generally as bad, not all are bad, entitled, or hungry.

Thank u for educating her, we igbos are not known for the stand she is supporting, she is on her own, we r a people filled with a sense of contentment and rich cultural heritage, we r indeed great people

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by erico2k2(m): 12:23am On Jan 09, 2021
Mariangeles:

Even as a female, it is still wrong to go visit the mother of the man you're going to marry empty handed.
Ok we have heard, let her look for another man better still help her to look for another man!
PS; The guy has the right to test the waters and see the reaction from mum n daughter and they proved him right

5 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by NevetsIbot(m): 12:24am On Jan 09, 2021
TransAtlanticEx:
Are you sure you really wanna do this?
Cos I'm ready when you are.
Feed me and my family( a whole my family ooo) for ages yet your mama dey want kill herself say your fiance no buy bread for am?. cheesy
Why not use that money weh you want use am feed me and my generation buy your mama provisions keep for house na grin grin
And somehow its from this miserly,miserable existence that you wanna feed my family(really rich ) from? undecided
My eldest sister got married in 2004,in 2003 when the man came for introduction,he wore shorts and was empty handed.
You know why?There was nothing he could bring that we don't have and he knew it cheesy
What you could have done sef to even cover your bf is send some money to your thirsty mom and claim your bf sent it,but instead you fought with him over it,maybe because you and your mama don plan as una go share the stipends weh the guy suppose bring,
Yet a bottom feeder like you wants to feed my generation? grin

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!
Of all clap backs I have ever seen....This masterpiece of a thunder clap lash, is the most polished!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by shantti(m): 12:24am On Jan 09, 2021
Xmen149:

mothers dey run am steady for some places in the east I rather not name..coded things

Yes, in the middle east arab nations
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:25am On Jan 09, 2021
SweetCunt97:
MSN wey get no go complain. You men should stop making Lil financial stuff look big. Must you advertise ur frustration?
....Must her mom advertise their poverty level?

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by shantti(m): 12:26am On Jan 09, 2021
Xmen149:

intending inlaw is someone that said they will marry your daughter then go on having canal knowledge of her after you have known the two of them together and this can go on as long as possible while he brings you gift..

same word as fiance..or onye choro inu nwagi nwanyi

This guy u're very mad i swear grin grin grin,
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Emaprince: 12:27am On Jan 09, 2021
Mariangeles:

OK. Fair then.

Where I come from, we're culturally raised to go bearing gifts whenever we visited places like your in-laws or your maternal home.

I remember my grandfather giving us fresh palm wine to give to his in-laws on his behalf(my mother's family).
It is an act of honour, and not of compulsion.
Madam,anybody that gives is doing so because he feels like. Its not compulsory.

I am Igbo too.... And in-laws visits empty handed..and they are well received.

Visiting you alone is something you should appreciate

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Sweetcho: 12:28am On Jan 09, 2021
divineappo:
ashawo kobo kobo

your pussy go rotten las las,

sebi u are a lesbian, why can't you marry her and show her u can care for children, bitch
Today i have time for you we're on lockdown here and i have time and abundance of WiFi.... You where saying about your ugly mother carry on....
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by certifiedboss60: 12:29am On Jan 09, 2021
I need that your boyfriend's contact so I'll tell him to run away from your family...its a trap

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by shantti(m): 12:29am On Jan 09, 2021
SweetCunt97:

Whether rich or poor, all men hates entitlement mentality, allow me to get u gift out of my own volition, dont enforce it on me, men hates been controlled

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by SweetCunt97(f): 12:31am On Jan 09, 2021
JONNYSPUTE:
....Must her mom advertise their poverty level?
Wahala for who wanna marry from a poor entitled family. Wetin concern me

4 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by SweetCunt97(f): 12:33am On Jan 09, 2021
shantti:

Whether rich or poor, all men hates entitlement mentality, allow me to get u gift out of my own volition, dont enforce it on me, men hates been controlled
Allow women to give u the Pucci out of their own volition, or enforce on them.they don't like been controlled

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Maobichek: 12:37am On Jan 09, 2021
Dipwater:
As an igbo man i cant go to my inlaws house without gifts.but it depends if the inlaw lives in the same city or locality with the young man and he wants to breeze in and say hi,there is nothing wronmg with that.nairalanders dont forget that the lady said its not the first time he came visiting ,that he bought gift the first time .the guy is not stingy,maybe he doesnt have .you as the lady made a big mistake by calling him to talk tras/h
.you should have deffended him .your mum is a typical igbo woman .they expect too much from a would be inlaw but you should have protected your guy with solid excuse .dont be surprised when mumsie start to bad mouth and talk down on you in the presence of your younger ones .politics dey every family nne na wisdom you go take dey handle matter .you no try for this one . You behaved like a lil baby .

i felt bad immediately i Saw your wordssad...typical Igbo woman), you have only describe your mum and few other woman that you know but not all the woman in your village. My comment here is as a result of what í know about mama (my mother). Once again, not all mothers will be offended If their WOULD-BE SON-IN-LAW who has visited before with a gift visit again without a gift. thank you.
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by david290(m): 12:39am On Jan 09, 2021
Another new low. Nothing is done out of freewill and without expectations in this part of the world. I mean we now have to literally bribe our hosts with gifts on every single visitation yet somehow some people on here think this is the way to go Interesting times to be alive.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Mariangeles(f): 12:41am On Jan 09, 2021
shantti:

U are hereby banished from the grooming civilization of the ancient igbos, i hereby push u over to the fulanis, remember to buy calabash for making kunu

Taaa gbafuo! Gini ka I ma? Ji k'owu ede?

shantti:

Thank u for educating her, we igbos are not known for the stand she is supporting, she is on her own, we r a people filled with a sense of contentment and rich cultural heritage, we r indeed great people

Onye ihere lara n'anya. Ga juo ese otu eshi e meta ihe nu na ilu nwaanyi, gi choputacha, I bia mu na gi a kpaa ya bu okwu.

I na suru'm bekee!

Gi choro I sa'm okwu a, saa'm n'Igbo. M'oburu na ighaghi emeli ya, I chefue okwu!
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Xmen149(m): 12:42am On Jan 09, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Allow women to give u the Pucci out of their own volition, or enforce on them.they don't like been controlled

let me ask you small question no offence.

If you are are mother,.Will you be comfortable receiving your your daughters boyfriend to the house.

Will you be comfortable also expecting him to bring gifts when he comes.

Will you expect him being introduced to you and ur husband as the final state of their friendship and traditional marriage activities to follow or jus be seeing him around the house bringing you gifts after the introduction.

Just questions..am talking of your own daughter
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by shantti(m): 12:43am On Jan 09, 2021
SweetCunt97:

Madam, do u know u are senseless, What brought pussy to this issue, wow, so you cant offer a guy anything apart from sex, sex that is everywhere, I used to quarrel with guys that says that the only thing women have to offer in this life is sex, now ive seen their reason. For the record sex is a mutual agreement, anything outside that is rape.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by galantjoe(m): 12:44am On Jan 09, 2021
Visiting in law to-be should be accompanied with drink or gift.
However where he had not done that, you shouldn't have called him to complain about it. Instead you should find a way to remedy the situation either by insisting that he revisit when u re around by then you will sip in the idea of bring gifts.

Calling him had made you and your mom hungry people.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by pek(m): 12:45am On Jan 09, 2021
Seems gift has a new meaning. Wish that young man never has anything to do with you again. What effrontery! To scold him and then hang up on him for not giving your mum a gift. I am sure the bottle of malt she offered him is what is paining her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by oluspicy: 12:45am On Jan 09, 2021
During the last Christmas, during my visit...she returned my cash gift but prayed for me.

Life is like a talking drum.
Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Mariangeles(f): 12:47am On Jan 09, 2021
foleskay:

Ori e daru. O ro pe o le fi ibo bu omo iya mi. Olori pelebe omo a je okuta ma mumi

Omo iya e oshi wo? O da bi pe ori e ti yi...koda ori e gangan lo daru!

Ara e o ya! O ti lo oti. Lo sun na. To ba ji, boya ori e ma pe.

O di aaro. smiley

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Visited My Mother Empty-Handed & Now Our Relationship Is Threatened by Ingredient88(m): 12:49am On Jan 09, 2021
fineboynl:
he is just a boyfriend and not in-law yet Mr.man
is fiance and a boyfriend are they the same thing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (45) (Reply)

Mother Walks Her Daughter Down The Aisle: Vivienne Ikechi Ajoku Explains Why / Zimbabwean Woman Having Sex With Sister’s Husband Exposed By His Girlfriend / Lady Cheats On Her Husband After Opening A Boutique For Her, Husband Beats Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.