Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement (56902 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Now Shes Back But I Am Confused / My Ex Girlfriend Now Hates Me / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by skyreaper: 11:14am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I read your comments and pick out something.
Let me buttress, she doesn't have much friends and bestie before. The only thing there is that she is young. 22. She feels she still have enough time. She has said something like that.

But I can tell you that she wanted to be with me. She wanted the marriage. We have met with parents. But I guess something change along the line.
Her taste for money. We don't stay in same state.

She ain't getting close to the guy for Bleep or relationship, nah money. I sense the guy is older. Cos even their calls no gel well. No WhatsApp chats
I have heard you, I won't try to convince you, we all have our journey and we sure learn from it, I have learnt mine in a hard way and I wish you won't learn yours in a hard way too. There is no relationship there again, she told you she isn't feeling the same again, thats enough reason for you. Mind you ladies are wise, they play their game smart. If she marries you, you would be miserable, let me say you will make her miserable. Forget meeting the parents, it might even her parent that instigated the other guy is better, Ladies don't just fall off, something or someone must have prompted that. And mind you, friends am talking is not just friend alone, I mean friends in a wide scope, it could be her sisters, telling her sisters everything about you and not having mind of her own. You can let her come back but I assure you it will end in tears, you don't let anyone be with you out of pity, never.

Read "The Book of Pook". Marriage is a life long journey and you don't want to be miserable in it, she could be in marriage with you and see the guy every once in a while and get pregnant for the guy and u may never know. She isn't ready for what u are pushing her to do. Mind you? A 21 year old lady can be ready for forever and 29 year old on the other hand might not be ready, its not about age.

And next time when you are investigating a ladies phone, you don't check for her chats with a guy or someone you see as a threat. Check the chat with someone she trust, like her sister or another female friend, thats where you find her secrets and mind you before doing that, you must brace yourself, you could find what will make you despise her for life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by kalu61(m): 11:19am On Jan 16, 2021
CalliDora1:
If you were my brother, I'll disown you. Like seriously, when will you men ever have sense? You're missing her?? Mis bgbukwa Owen gi ebawan.

A girl whom you want to marry is still keeping contacts with another man to the point of going out with him and you said it's nothing serious. Wait until they poison you and live in your apartment as man and wife.

Wait wait, what makes you think she's the ultimate? Because she bought some kitchen utensils in your house?? SMH...

She doesn't love you. she's just waiting to see if the other guy will propose to her and if doesn't, she'll settle for you as second choice. Use your head. She loves the other guy more and secretly wishes he's forthcoming.

Imagine, she hasn't called you after the little fight. Who do you think has been keeping her busy? Lol...
You can't love a man and not contact him for two whole weeks after a quarrel that was clearly for your sake.
Mis bgbukwa Owen gi ebawan

l don de like you small small oo. Your reasoning de do me polina polina
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by valencia25(m): 11:19am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
She has insisted nothing serious is going on.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have tried to talk to her so we fix this shit but she said she needs time.

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Sorry for the lengthy thread

Don't struggle emotionally to keep a woman o... You can't force anyone to change whoever they're seeing, she's expected to cut ties with any guy.

And for her to be protective, they're KNACKING and it hurts for you to admit it.

You know the truth...

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 16, 2021
kalu61:
Mis bgbukwa Owen gi ebawan

l don de like you small small oo. Your reasoning de do me polina polina

Lol.. Polina kor Angelina nii.. grin

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by kalu61(m): 11:25am On Jan 16, 2021
Ops has been told everything, l wish you all the best in your decision.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 16, 2021
Op don't allow these inexperienced small boys here to deceive you.Go and ask for her forgiveness, take that guy's number and tell him you are not comfortable with his rship with your babe... he will back off.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by milky3(f): 11:35am On Jan 16, 2021
why are guys here so bittered and mean? some of u can't be a good judge.... @Op you actually know what u want without anybody's opinion. give her time (maximum a month) and if she doesn't see a need to come back for u definitely she's no longer interested.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Collegelove: 11:55am On Jan 16, 2021
MeekySmudger:
..Good points sir,but if a guy spends,care and performs well in bed,why do ladies still cheat?
There are ladies out there who can never be contented with one man.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by ofiko123(m): 11:58am On Jan 16, 2021
Thread softly..
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by skj1377(m): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2021
Chairman if you marry the lady you said preferred to spend Christmas day with another man instead of you then your marriage will not last. Your marriage will be like 1 to 3 years max. Besides, why is she buying things into the house? Dont you have means.
Let me tell you part of the problems you will have in the marriage .1) this story your telling us will still be in your mind and you will not forgive her. 2) the pressure of marriage may make you dislike her as you will see all her fault every day besides point 1 I raised will only accelerate the process of disliking her. 3) she will not change. Before the marriage your not her priority she preferred other men to you after the marriage in other ways she will still display same characteristics. Finally if you eventually meet a lady that likes you and puts you first you will want to get rid of your wife immediately due to the fact that your wife's best behaviour can't match the treatment of a lady that likes you naturally no matter how hard your wife tries. Marriage is not dating so better run now since you will still run latter.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by MeekySmudger(m): 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2021
Collegelove:
There are ladies out there who can never be contented with one man.
..Yeah,they are cursed,and sometimes we can't blame those with high sex drives.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by PrinzJaay: 12:00pm On Jan 16, 2021
InfernoNig:
In summary. She's cheating. Just be careful.
Wow! This comment is absolutely right, it’s really surprising we guys experience almost same thing in our relationship. My fiancée did exactly same thing, and took offense when I acted insecure in some situations about this particular guy and called me woman beater, that she has lost feelings for me and needed to get her mental health back. Las las, to cut the whole story short, I discovered she was cheating with that particular guy buhhhhsss.....so brother, your woman is cheating on you, the more you give her space right now the more you’ll completely lose her. So go and have a proper conversation with her and see if you both are still willing to move on now or she best has to be on same space with you...besides she said YES to you, that means she’s ready to share her privacy and no secrets with you. So coming up with this acts is not part of it anymore, yes! She actually no longer has feelings for you because she’s building feelings for the other too and obviously they’re getting intimate. Act now bro, or you’ll end up with DNA wahala in future. Women are the real scuuumss!!!
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by PrinzJaay: 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Wow! it’s really surprising we guys experience almost same thing in our relationship. My fiancée did exactly same thing, and took offense when I acted insecure in some situations about this particular guy and called me woman beater, that she has lost feelings for me and needed to get her mental health back. Las las, to cut the whole story short, I discovered she was cheating with that particular guy buhhhhsss.....so brother, your woman is cheating on you, the more you give her space right now the more you’ll completely lose her. So go and have a proper conversation with her and see if you both are still willing to move on now or she best has to be on same space with you...besides she said YES to you, that means she’s ready to share her privacy and no secrets with you. So coming up with this acts is not part of it anymore, yes! She actually no longer has feelings for you because she’s building feelings for the other too and obviously they’re getting intimate. Act now bro, or you’ll end up with DNA wahala in future. Women are the real scuuumss!!!
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Collegelove: 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2021
PrinzJaay:

Wow! This comment is absolutely right, it’s really surprising we guys experience almost same thing in our relationship. My fiancée did exactly same thing, and took offense when I acted insecure in some situations about this particular guy and called me woman beater, that she has lost feelings for me and needed to get her mental health back. Las las, to cut the whole story short, I discovered she was cheating with that particular guy buhhhhsss.....so brother, your woman is cheating on you, the more you give her space right now the more you’ll completely lose her. So go and have a proper conversation with her and see if you both are still willing to move on now or she best has to be on same space with you...besides she said YES to you, that means she’s ready to share her privacy and no secrets with you. So coming up with this acts is not part of it anymore, yes! She actually no longer has feelings for you because she’s building feelings for the other too and obviously they’re getting intimate. Act now bro, or you’ll end up with DNA wahala in future. Women are the real scuuumss!!!
Nigeria does not have good girls anymore. Good girls are just very few. One out of 100.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by desmond827(m): 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2021
bro i really wanna advice u ..u see all what happen to u happen to me also
bro i wont lye for u there is something going wrong
i also scanned my girl what app on my phone and i see all the chat infact the guy hv sex him once but ..immediately i noticed
i locked my heart and i showed her all what she did ....she was shocked ..i laught..i told despite your promises so you cheated ..well its fine
but i told her have it at the back of your mind that we cant married if you u will accept no problem
she accepted and and i forgive her and we are having fun and i hv v careful of myself not to turn to pregnant?
..lock your hearth and keep silent ..dating a cheating partner is like throwing your happiness and digging grave for your self
..shes deleting message as my girl too do ..onces shes online i login straight on what app web and shes deleting immediately
bro dont fall for her again ..leave her for the new guy ..dont disturb her and always take 2 bottle of trophy everyday life goes on
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by victons(m): 12:17pm On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

She's cheating

Don't be a SIMP, move on.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by victons(m): 12:20pm On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish
So you don't know these ladies delete their chats

Guy, flee or be heartbroken.
She'll try coming back after the break-up and you seem to really be in love. Please don't give her the chance to use you. Tearsss.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Sixfeetbelle: 12:21pm On Jan 16, 2021
Happy2020:
Some women are awful bitches. How can you play with a persons heart like that and sleep at night?

Why not just leave the guy and go on with your life? Let him find someone that’s loyal and committed to him.

What’s hard about that?

Leave him to find someone that's loyal and committed to him, as if he himself will be committed and loyal to that new person.

Mtchewww. Op and his fiancee deserve each other.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by shadowmancer(m): 12:23pm On Jan 16, 2021
CalliDora1:
If you were my brother, I'll disown you. Like seriously, when will you men ever have sense? You're missing her?? Mis bgbukwa Owen gi ebawan.

A girl whom you want to marry is still keeping contacts with another man to the point of going out with him and you said it's nothing serious. Wait until they poison you and live in your apartment as man and wife.

Wait wait, what makes you think she's the ultimate? Because she bought some kitchen utensils in your house?? SMH...

She doesn't love you. she's just waiting to see if the other guy will propose to her and if doesn't, she'll settle for you as second choice. Use your head. She loves the other guy more and secretly wishes he's forthcoming.

Imagine, she hasn't called you after the little fight. Who do you think has been keeping her busy? Lol...
You can't love a man and not contact him for two whole weeks after a quarrel that was clearly for your sake.
Ogun no go kill you. You spoke sense here.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Prosperousman(m): 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2021
a broken engagement is better than a broken marriage
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by showafrica(m): 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

Thats simple na, you cant force a woman to love you. She still dey hoe stage... The other guy don use prickkk scatter her brain... Just leave her alone for now. Cancel the engagement bro, its not working though e go pain you small but leave girls wey never dey stable emotionally.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Afromentalist: 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2021
slumcat:
List of red flags ignored by the OP.

-You had to hack her whatsapp. This shows that you've had some reasons to suspect her.

-She doesn't pick the guy's calls in your presence and vice versa.

-No trace of chats between her and the suspect. Strictly calls. This alone is highly suspicious.

-She says he is only a friend but goes out on secret dates (even important dates like 25th Dec.) and takes pictures with him.

-She dragged her phone with you to the point of damaging her nails.

-Out of the blue she calls you a woman beater, says she lost her emotions for you and she suddenly needs some time to get her mental health together.

-2 weeks has passed and she hasn't reached out. When you try to fix things she says she needs more time Lol.

For any wise person, any 2 of the above stated red flags would be enough to make one take a break and put on their thinking cap. Worse still, this is someone that has your fvcking ring!.

The truth is that some people are naturally foolish so it is impossible to install wisdom in them. Even if the so called fiancee calls him and told him she was cheating, he would say she was drunk.

You called your so called fiancee on 25th December and she couldn't pick. You later found out that she went out on a date with him. What do you think they were doing when you called? grin. Are you still a child? You no get sense?.

Don't you know that fvcking a lady when her main guy is calling is a huge turn on for guys? Worse still she couldn't pick your calls. Meaning the d!ck is very big so she will likely moan out loud lol grin grin.
See you fulfilling the fantasy of your fellow men grin grin.

Ahahahahaha grin.

You just nailed it right on the head. Best comment sofar.

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by infidelity(m): 12:46pm On Jan 16, 2021
You are in love.That's her Boy friend that spent for her.She knows the guy can not marry her that's why She pin you down by accepting your engagement.From your write-up,She invested heavily in your new apartment.She will continue to react anytime you are trying to know more about her secret affairs. She is not trust worthy.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SexytorresE(f): 12:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
OriOko88:

So Thats how you been hiding your phone and deleting chats with your side guys abi undecided
I'm innocent pls undecided
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SexytorresE(f): 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2021
extol1:

for gorgeous lady like you not to have none. please na I am available and single
single one side cheesy grin
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by YorubaPrince: 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Confuse

Haven't seen tangible evidence against her and the guy despite hacking her phone and reading all her chats for months.

Just the call that put me off. And the call have continued for months

I am torn between believing her or just calling it off.

Baba, you dey MADDD! angry The Olosho dey use you dey catch cruise, you dey there dey try defend her nonsense... angry
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by maak400: 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Not chat. I can attest to that. I secretly had her WhatsApp on my phone for like a month without her ntoitce.

I saw other chats, but not that of the guy
How did you get her WhatsApp on your phone? Help a brother here.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by YorubaPrince: 1:14pm On Jan 16, 2021
extol1:

for gorgeous lady like you not to have none. please na I am available and single

You dey craze ni? Chewing gum dey ur eyes ni? Dis one wey straight like mathematical set ruler... angry
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by extol1(m): 1:18pm On Jan 16, 2021
YorubaPrince:

You dey craze ni? Chewing gum dey ur eyes ni? Dis one wey straight like mathematical set ruler... angry
baba, no vex. beauty they say is in the eye of the beholder. na her type I like
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by extol1(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2021
SexytorresE:
single one side cheesy grin
stop confusing me, which one is "single one side." come out boldly
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by extol1(m): 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2021
openmine:

BRO is the TRUE definition of LOVE not directly associated with VALUE and RESPECT?
Just asking sha!
what I means is that a time will in the marriage when love will siege as a result of disagreement or the shape of the woman during pregnancy that the man couldn't withstand. it will take value and respect not to misbehave outside by cheating on your spouse
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by chumzyprech: 1:28pm On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

Guy the only advice I will Give you now is Run when you still have both of your legs installed let me tell you.. mine too the two of them don’t chat on WhatsApp self. Now just a friend they now Dating fucking , doing everything together I hope they get married. This life get woman to only being when meet devil one on one for garden of eden what they discussed is left for then

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Natural Ways To Make Your Butt Bigger / Sugar Mummies Online Direct Contact (phone Numbers) Without Agents - See Them / Man Proposes To Girlfriend On KLM Flight With The Help Of The Pilot (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.