Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,756 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement (56975 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Now Shes Back But I Am Confused / My Ex Girlfriend Now Hates Me / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by NiceMen: 10:03am On Jan 16, 2021
lucky4west:
trust me on this bruv i have been tru similar thing...she is with that guy full time... she weighing up her options when a lady tells a man after a little misunderstanding that she has lost feelings for him it speaks volume, the girl has a spare dude elsewhere and besides na days like Christmas day we de know the guy when get the babe...she must do everything within her powers to be with her preferred guy that day...i cant believe u mugu reach like dis
GBAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Collegelove: 10:05am On Jan 16, 2021
Nigerian women? Cheating is in their blood. I dumped one of them late last year.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by nini007(m): 10:06am On Jan 16, 2021
Hold onto the new girl, that guy will soon be done with her. Give the new girl attention but take things slow, be a cool guy to buy little time.

If that girl doesn't come back to her senses in your given time, bros notice to waste ooo.

If she's not dating him, she will definitely come back and that's a fact.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by slumcat(m): 10:06am On Jan 16, 2021
Siberry:

Most of the advice here are from insecure men, please shove their advice up where the su doesn't shine.

My husband lives in Nigeria and I live in the UK, and he's always accusing me of one thing or the other. I'm full time job and schooling full time at thw same, and I don't even have time for myself not talk of cheating on him. I get at 5am, read before I start work and I do lectures during the day as well. After work and lectures, at night I catch up recordd lectures and do assessments. I barely even have time to eat, yet this man accuses me of cheating whenever he calls and I don't pick up. Sure his friends just like many men on thos post will swear to him that I'm cheating. Now whenever he accuses of rubbish like that, I give him silent treatment for many days. My head is already full, and I don't want him stressing me out again with some stupid cheating accusations. Mind you that alll these are based on assumptions

The story here is don't allow these men on here ruin your happiness.

From your write up, it looks like you only engaged her because of the money she puts into the relationship. If this case was reversed, you lot would call the girl a gold digger.

Now ask yourself these geniune questions: Do you really love her or the money she brings in? Do you really miss her or the money she brings in? Do you have proof that she is cheating on you? Let your answers help you make the best decision.

Madam, this is a completely different scenario. The OP clearly stated that on the said day (special date - 25th Dec) that she didn't pick up, she was actually out on a date with the suspect and even took pictures. Kindly remember that she had his ring of engagement at the time also.

Be logical, they most likely fvcked on that day. And they will keep fvcking until the OP has sense, which he currently doesn't.

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by geedot: 10:09am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

There is no discovery. She isn't deleting any chat. Can't you guys just understand the plain language when I said I had her WhatsApp for months.

Is like u reading my WhatsApp the moment it drops. There are other WhatsApp there to read that I can't be talking about.

Truth is, I didn't get any evidence on her phone. The calls too werent convincing.
Truth is, she don't wanna be with guy. Could be an older man. She just needed the money
So you actually think an older man gives your woman money without having sex with her
If she does it while you're dating and even engaged, she'd repeat it once she needs money you can't provide when you are married..

What does a lady that collect money in exchange for sex called? Ashe**!
A word is enough for the wise, no be my mouth them go hear say Pope no be virgin lipsrsealed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Collegelove: 10:10am On Jan 16, 2021
lucky4west:
trust me on this bruv i have been tru similar thing...she is with that guy full time...she weighing up her options when a lady tells a man after a little misunderstanding that she has lost feelings for him it speaks volume, the girl has a spare dude elsewhere and besides na days like Christmas day we de know the guy when get the babe...she must do everything within her powers to be with her preferred guy that day...i cant believe u mugu reach like dis
Preferred guy? LMAO. These girls cheat a lot. It's already in their blood. They are not always contented with one man and that's the problem.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Socialproject: 10:11am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Her chats, sms, messenger all clean.

Someting happened and her WhatsApp was showing on my phone for months grin without her knowing. I didn't see a single chat with the guy.
Not one.
That you are smiling here means you dont need our advise and you know what you want to achieve
The signs are there for you to see.
Don't come here tomorrow crying up and down.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by livinbygrace: 10:14am On Jan 16, 2021
Siberry:

Most of the advice here are from insecure men, please shove their advice up where the su doesn't shine.

My husband lives in Nigeria and I live in the UK, and he's always accusing me of one thing or the other. I'm full time job and schooling full time at thw same, and I don't even have time for myself not talk of cheating on him. I get at 5am, read before I start work and I do lectures during the day as well. After work and lectures, at night I catch up recordd lectures and do assessments. I barely even have time to eat, yet this man accuses me of cheating whenever he calls and I don't pick up. Sure his friends just like many men on thos post will swear to him that I'm cheating. Now whenever he accuses of rubbish like that, I give him silent treatment for many days. My head is already full, and I don't want him stressing me out again with some stupid cheating accusations. Mind you that alll these are based on assumptions

The story here is don't allow these men on here ruin your happiness.

From your write up, it looks like you only engaged her because of the money she puts into the relationship. If this case was reversed, you lot would call the girl a gold digger.

Now ask yourself these geniune questions: Do you really love her or the money she brings in? Do you really miss her or the money she brings in? Do you have proof that she is cheating on you? Let your answers help you make the best decision.

Forget this epistle you put up here,You don’t love your husband as he did,if you truly loves your husband you won’t go a day without hearing from him.We have been there and we know what’s up .Its better you face your career

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Collegelove: 10:14am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

There is no discovery. She isn't deleting any chat. Can't you guys just understand the plain language when I said I had her WhatsApp for months.

Is like u reading my WhatsApp the moment it drops. There are other WhatsApp there to read that I can't be talking about.

Truth is, I didn't get any evidence on her phone. The calls too werent convincing.
Truth is, she don't wanna be with guy. Could be an older man. She just needed the money
It seems like you are a wussy. Keep defending this girl while another man is busy enjoying on bed.

I dropped a chick last year.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by lequama10: 10:17am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
She has insisted nothing serious is going on.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have tried to talk to her so we fix this shit but she said she needs time.

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Sorry for the lengthy thread

deal with your shit before engaging with someone else pls, so you won't need hurt another lady who only is trying to find love. I cant affirm to you if she's cheating or not, but with this kind of attitude the possibility is so high, and whoever have the guts to cheat even after engagement will do far worst things, and trust me you will lose your sanity.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by MeekySmudger(m): 10:17am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

..They might be passing their messages through calls,.. Or maybe things she bought and money she spent is from the guy,have you slept with her before?,Are you good in bed?,if not contact Oga Ilegend sharp sharp,Do you have time for her,or you are a very busy type of human being,When he calls,does she ignore the call or she takes the call elsewhere?.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by NiceMen: 10:22am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Thanks. Your submission has been concrete without throwing tantrums.
I wonder why many can't give advise here without name calling.

I have decided to let her be with her thoughts. I will get myself engage with something else.

If she is ready, she will call me and I will give her my terms and conditions. Call the guy there and end it. If she agree, good, if not I move.

Thanks again brother
Get another girl as back up... That guy won't marry her and that makes you premium at this stage...
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Collegelove: 10:25am On Jan 16, 2021
MeekySmudger:
..They might be passing their messages through calls,.. Or maybe things she bought and money she spent is from the guy,have you slept with her before?,Are you good in bed?,if not contact Oga Ilegend sharp sharp,Do you have time for her,or you are a very busy type of human being,When he calls,does she ignore the call or she takes the call elsewhere?.
How to know if a woman is cheating on you or not is through her phone because before she sleeps with anyone out there, there must be a means of communication. From my understanding, the man in context had spent on her and also slept with her but because this dude seems to be a wussy and so, he couldn't accept the truth.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Confuse

Haven't seen tangible evidence against her and the guy despite hacking her phone and reading all her chats for months.

Just the call that put me off. And the call have continued for months

I am torn between believing her or just calling it off.

You only read her chat for one month. Nor come dey lie here say you read it for months.

She dey clear her sms steady
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Toluensdollars(m): 10:26am On Jan 16, 2021
My candid advice to u is just let her go. u can't b having this issue of another guy trying to steal a woman u wanna spend d rest of ur life with. The fact is, she's already lost that feelings for u and she's already seeing d other guy who's actually trying to b a good guy to her. she must have told him all of ur deficiencies of which d guy would have taken onboard with him. he will b trying hard to b d good guy with a sinister motive. Shld u end up getting married to her, u may regret that decision for d rest of ur life. Let ur love 4 he sink in, u need more than love to make marriage work, marriage isn't abt love alone, u are going to have to deal with a lot of shit in there and now that she's showing u d person she is, i think it's better u let her go so as to avoid having d same experiences of other men out there. Success
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Millenniumlady(f): 10:27am On Jan 16, 2021
Kaeboy:
Aùntí what are you saying? All you can see is him moving but you didn't see anything about her act. If it were you what will you even do that will mk him come begging? This una jaruma don dey give una unnecessary confidence. Until una try am with who go hook una for throat.
when i try it on you your eyes go clear

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by freesoul12: 10:27am On Jan 16, 2021
I can see that funny op want to reconcile. Mark my word u will regret it if u do. Leave d girl.. We have been in similar situation. People wey love u don advise u say make u leave.. u still wan follow d girl talk. E go soon clear for ur eye.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Have u hacked someone WhatsApp chat b4?

If u haven't, then keep calm bro.
Whenever she is online, I get notified and read everything she is typing

I am yet to see any evidence between her and that guy.

You are a dumb guy. The babe is smarter than you. She knows whatsapp is not safe. Give me her name make i help you ask IFA Oracle whether the guy dey Bleep the girl

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by NiceMen: 10:29am On Jan 16, 2021
Remijuice:
Lol..

There's a time my guy gf was seeing another guy but there's no much evidence.

My guy came to me for solution,, we hacked fb, no way,, WhatsApp, no way...

Then as a sharp guy,,,, I installed one hidden call recorder on her phone. I can't remember the name of the app again.

After one week I came to his house to check our trap. Immediately she went to the bathroom,, I uncovered everything.
We listened hurriedly to the audio from that particular number and other suspicious numbers..

My greatest mistake was not leaving that house before she come out of the bathroom.

Cos when she did, everywhere was gbas gbos! cheesy
Baba, complete this story ooo... abeg... cheesy
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by frozen70(f): 10:33am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

The heart is always in need of its opposite sex, its meant not to be alone

Am glad you didn't see anything to hold against her over that guy in question

If you think you want to go on with another girl while giving her time to cool off, go ahead, even men are not faithful from the beginning of life

She definitely have other admirers but with time she will lay them off after marriage

If you think you have gotten another woman, wait and see what you will discover in her

Don't rush give yourself time

But learn to trust your woman, if you treat a woman well even without spending a kobo, she will not have any reason to cheat

Don't judge her too quickly
You know what.?
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 16, 2021
My brother, there will be struggles in your marriage if you eventually venture into it with her. All the things you are experiencing now will not go away with the ring o but the fear of God and both parties devotedness to making the marriage work.
Another fact is that she doesn't know what she wants yet or simply put, she is not fully ready for the marriage with you or maybe thinks she deserves better.
Another fact is that you have failed to protect her from fresh attractions because man wey just start to dey ask babe out can be persistent and caring which you as the present bobo don do when asking her out but failed to remind her that you did better when you started asking her out.
Another fact is not been able to check her phone is not a welcomed idea. Make depression nor go kee you for marriage when you're suspecting and can't do anything about it.

My brother, the handwriting are there already should you decide to proceed.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by lazeal: 10:41am On Jan 16, 2021
Skepticus:

It's bigger than losing feelings. That girl OP talked about na most likely Coded Street girl wey dey run package on top the OP head.

As she see say OP don engage her (wedding on the way), she use the few months wey she get as single babe, they "sort" her old boyfriend(s) which is giving them "parting sex" before her marriage. All go be clean runs, no social media chat so that the OP no go suspect. I don straff babe like that 3 days to her wedding. Babe just call me say she wan give me "parting gift" before wedding. Deletes call as soon as she made them to clean up "evidence". Na banging all night before she go wed for PH 3 days later. That's why paternity fraud for Nigeria be like water. Na so plenty men take dey train first children wey nor be dia own.

I just dey laugh the OP. Girl dey run "street" parole on am and e nor wan understand. He should be glad that he has a good "subconscious" telling him that something is wrong.
One chic was about to get married recently and was willing to come see me.. she was more determined than ever before to fork me badly...

BUT her guy caught her while she was till on the road to my place. he called me lol... I just quickly told her to go back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by newdawn2017(f): 10:43am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Her chats, sms, messenger all clean.

Someting happened and her WhatsApp was showing on my phone for months grin without her knowing. I didn't see a single chat with the guy.
Not one.
Then relax ur mind, trust is d bedrock of any human relationship
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by MeekySmudger(m): 10:53am On Jan 16, 2021
Collegelove:
How to know if a woman is cheating on you or not is through her phone because before she sleeps with anyone out there, there must be a means of communication. From my understanding, the man in context had spent on her and also slept with her but because this dude seems to be a wussy and so, he couldn't accept the truth.
..Good points sir,but if a guy spends,care and performs well in bed,why do ladies still cheat?
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Not chat. I can attest to that. I secretly had her WhatsApp on my phone for like a month without her ntoitce.

I saw other chats, but not that of the guy
So you meant she wasn't on WhatsApp then?.. how come?
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by clickwtB(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2021
That guy fills in the gap in some sort of way!
Check it out though its like hes unavailable or married but is deep in her DNA!
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by ogashman(m): 11:05am On Jan 16, 2021
jaytee01:
[/b] Don't try the bolded unless you want to lose her to the other guy!

OK sir
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by shadowmancer(m): 11:06am On Jan 16, 2021
Skepticus:

It's bigger than losing feelings. That girl OP talked about na most likely Coded Street girl wey dey run package on top the OP head.

As she see say OP don engage her (wedding on the way), she use the few months wey she get as single babe, they "sort" her old boyfriend(s) which is giving them "parting sex" before her marriage. All go be clean runs, no social media chat so that the OP no go suspect. I don straff babe like that 3 days to her wedding. Babe just call me say she wan give me "parting gift" before wedding. Deletes call as soon as she made them to clean up "evidence". Na banging all night before she go wed for PH 3 days later. That's why paternity fraud for Nigeria be like water. Na so plenty men take dey train first children wey nor be dia own.

I just dey laugh the OP. Girl dey run "street" parole on am and e nor wan understand. He should be glad that he has a good "subconscious" telling him that something is wrong.
Fear who nor fear woman!

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by FireKing: 11:07am On Jan 16, 2021
Chii59:
Funny enough, more men wail on romance land than women.
Why on earth should a mere misunderstanding lead to a scuffle which damaged her nails.
Children everywhere undecided
please one question WHY WILL SHE DRAG THE PHONE WITH HER HUSBAND TO BE? Simply means there's something to hide if I'm ur man and keep receiving calls from just a friend all the time.... Will you be happy? or mak it worse I password my phone and hide it from you.... Will you trust me?

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 16, 2021
FireKing:
please one question WHY WILL SHE DRAG THE PHONE WITH HER HUSBAND TO BE? Simply means there's something to hide if I'm ur man and keep receiving calls from just a friend all the time.... Will you be happy? or mak it worse I password my phone and hide it from you.... Will you trust me?
They are adults. She does not want to give him the phone, he should refrain. He doesn't trust her. He should break up. No hard thing. But fighting like kids, leaves so much to be desired of the OP's character. Two wrongs never make a right.
If you like, read this one backwards again.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Siberry: 11:09am On Jan 16, 2021
livinbygrace:

Forget this epistle you put up here,You don’t love your husband as he did,if you truly loves your husband you won’t go a day without hearing from him.We have been there and we know what’s up .Its better you face your career

Rubbish. I talk to my husband every fucking day except the days he accuse me of some stupid shit. There is more to life than men and sex. Let love pay the bills naa. Yea when it's time to pay for rent, put food on the table, sort out energy bills, go flash love to them and they will give you receipt.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Siberry: 11:10am On Jan 16, 2021
slumcat:

Madam, this is a completely different scenario. The OP clearly stated that on the said day (special date - 25th Dec) that she didn't pick up, she was actually out on a date with the suspect and even took pictures. Kindly remember that she had his ring of engagement at the time also.

Be logical, they most likely fvcked on that day. And they will keep fvcking until the OP has sense, which he currently doesn't.

Most like? All based on assumptions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

Lady Plans To Present A Borehole To Her Potential Husband(photos) / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / When You Don't Touch Your Girlfriend But Sleep With Other Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.