Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,140 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! (35681 Views)

Registration For Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Begins, Register Here / Gulder Ultimate Search 9 / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV) On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by 9ja4eva: 10:30pm On Jul 28, 2007
Make we see am oh
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by lysaa(f): 11:17pm On Jul 28, 2007
didnt have time to go thru the posts, when is this search starting, i mean the GUS4?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Shaunscot(m): 11:39pm On Jul 28, 2007
sprezatura:

this edition will be held in Jos on a very dangerous (hill,rock,mountain,) called shere hills, lots of scorpions, snakes, creatures you have never seen before, and yes, the cold, that sweet biting cold. Yea by the way theres a portion of the hill laced with quick sand not a lot of people know about. So between snakes and scorpion venom and whatever prize money what will you choose. Yea forgot to tell you about monkeys, they have got a knack for beating the hell outa people, there are honey bees as well. Its definitly going to be the best show. So have fun
The best 'real' home video - you mean.
Dont forget its not a 24hr reality show like BB where you can watch their every move.We only get to see what they want us to see.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by spaceworld: 1:12am On Jul 29, 2007
Wish u success, u have to be brave to get something good.
Yala bye
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by akinwunmi(m): 9:13pm On Jul 29, 2007
I just hope its not gonna be boring like da last one ooooooo**********
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by toba1909(m): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2007
I registered but no mail was sent to me,with what i heard you people discussing so far, i've decided not to drink Gulder again, I'll take Guiness Stout from now on. Nigeria Breweries always play politics in their activities, a friend once went for an interview at the breweries but was told the date has been changed but for the guy to later hear say na the 2 ladies wey dem come together the other day dem give job.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by seun001(m): 8:15pm On Jul 31, 2007
chei!!! na wa wa for naija oo!!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by 9ja4eva: 12:42am On Aug 02, 2007
Na everywhere oh
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by niyiadewoy(m): 2:32pm On Aug 03, 2007
Hi Razorr, would u mind giving me the site for glder ultimate search
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by niyiadewoy(m): 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2007
some send me d site of d gulder iv, please
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Abium: 12:07am On Aug 04, 2007
Hello guyz the site has been closed. No more registretion but if u have registered ealier on best of luck
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by 9ja4eva: 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2007
Registration don finish
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by suze(f): 1:08am On Aug 05, 2007
Bob manuel Udokwu is gonna be the host of Gulder Ultimate Search this time around.Guess he'll be o.k for it.the former guy was kinda dry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by 9ja4eva: 3:51am On Aug 05, 2007
R u crios?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by pixie(f): 10:06pm On Aug 05, 2007
yess, bob manuel udokwu and peter fatomilola (he's the old man who will be trying to lead them to the search for the golden age)
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by DisGuy: 1:13am On Aug 06, 2007
Gulder Ultimate Search contestant dies, competition postponed
By Olalekan Adetayo
Published: Monday, 6 Aug 2007

The fourth edition of the popular television reality show, Gulder Ultimate Search, which transmission was initially billed to begin on Thursday, suffered a setback on Saturday with the death of one of the 10 contestants.

A statement by the organiser‘s Corporate Communication Adviser, Mr. Chuma Igwe, on Sunday said the contestant, Mr. Anthony Mudiaga Ogadje, died ”in what appears to have been a drowning accident” in Shere Hills Lake, Jos, Plateau State.

The statement added that all attempts by the medical team, the lifeguards and his colleagues to revive him failed.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200708062464723

take it easy people sad
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by 9ja4eva: 1:22am On Aug 06, 2007
I read am toooo

Maybe na d magoo magoo dem do cause am cos i c no reason y dem no go pick good swimmers knowing the task is hard too.

Sad indeed
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Seun(m): 6:01am On Aug 06, 2007
When I was talking about the possibility of drowning, I never expected it to become a reality. cry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Maleeq(m): 6:40am On Aug 06, 2007
So much for the reality TV show!
So sad.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Macutie(f): 6:45am On Aug 06, 2007
Poor boy! To think he was just trying to make a living. cry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by dearstan(m): 7:41am On Aug 06, 2007
Dis is Sad!!!! All in the name of entertainment.

And the broda was already a graduate from Delsu.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by babonboard(f): 7:59am On Aug 06, 2007
cry cry cry cry cry cry
so so sad
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by rowlandwhy: 8:11am On Aug 06, 2007
this will drastically reduce the number of participants next time

Adieu! Anthony

@Seun,
Is he a Nairaland member?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Razorr(f): 8:13am On Aug 06, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Oh my God!! shocked shocked

May his soul rest in peace. So sad. cry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by zubbiedan(m): 8:34am On Aug 06, 2007
This no be no be small F, up, May his gentle soul RIP. cry cry cry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by benit(f): 8:43am On Aug 06, 2007
What?!!! What were the lifeguards doing till he completely drowned or they taught he was playing pranks? It must have been as a result of negligence. I hope his family will take up the case with the organizers. They should be sued and made to pay through their nose. Now a precious life has been sacrificed because of some "peanuts" sad angry cry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by champredd(m): 8:48am On Aug 06, 2007
very sad, I never thought that could happen.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by alleno: 9:11am On Aug 06, 2007
, sometimes, i ask myself why we have to be so st***d, is it because we are called Nigerians.
we all knew from the word GO! that GUS was not a reality TV show, its just a group of talented people with Cameras
Like rugged man said, BAA LYRICS, BAA CONCEPT, wetin you get, nonsense, the whole GUS was just a waste of time,
i was expecting the ladies to cry out at first, because from the settings and the terrains used, its almost impossible for a lady to win, but they kept quite, (i guess they felt, that the money will still be spent on them eventually),
A reality TV show is done in a controlled enviroment, what were the camera men and the others looking at when the guy was gasping for breathe?
The other st***d contestants were propably so mad for the money that the life of a colleague was not so important. They only learn to Decieve themselves and trick each other, startegise to ensure they are not dropped and perform on the outside that they are saints, thats the only thing they have learnt or will learn so far from the whole GUS show.
All medical students will agree that death from drowning occurs most times because people are not around, when last did you hear of someone dronwing in a pool, at least there is a downtime of about 20minutes to carry out mouth to mouth or something, wasn't there any medical expert, life guard or what around, See what we have turned ourselves and our country to again. Another topic to use to finish us internationally. In the US, one life is as important as 500 lives, but here in nigeria, just watch they will sweep this under the carpet, isn't that the reason why robbers don't rob banks using HOSTAGE strategy, because the life(s) are not worth it,
Those guys are just treated like dolls and puppets used to help relax in the evenings, or after office hours,
its just so sad that only one family has to bear all the pain, why can't we just be creative on our own and bring up our own ideas instead of copying other people, REALITY TV my FOOT.
these days, there is nothing interesting thing on TV,, from Imported Soaps to Dry entertainment, i reserve my comments on that till later.
i only hope that the young man who lost his life met his Saviour before going HOME,
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by alleno: 9:21am On Aug 06, 2007
Gulder Ultimate Search contestajavascript:void(0);
Font Facent dies, competition postponed
By Olalekan Adetayo
Published: Monday, 6 Aug 2007

The fourth edition of the popular television reality show, Gulder Ultimate Search, which transmission was initially billed to begin on Thursday, suffered a setback on Saturday with the death of one of the 10 contestants.

A statement by the organiser‘s Corporate Communication Adviser, Mr. Chuma Igwe, on Sunday said the contestant, Mr. Anthony Mudiaga Ogadje, died ”in what appears to have been a drowning accident” in Shere Hills Lake, Jos, Plateau State.

The statement added that all attempts by the medical team, the lifeguards and his colleagues to revive him failed.

The deceased, aged 25, was a graduate of geology from the Delta State University, Abraka.

His family had since been duly informed while efforts were on as at press time to conduct autopsy on his remains in order to ascertain the actual cause of his death.

Meanwhile, the organisers of the search have suspended it until further notice.

The stakes for the search for ”Golden Age” are high.

Beneath the jagged stones of Shere Hills is buried a treasure and the ultimate man or woman who finds it is expected to smile home with N5m cash prize, a new Ford Explorer jeep and N500, 000 wardrobe allowance.

The cold ambience of Shere Hills is said to be a natural home to monkeys, snakes, scorpions and wild mountain goats.

The first edition of the search took place on the Snake Island, Lagos; the second at Obudu Ranch Resort in Cross River State; while the third was held in Edo State.

See the full story up there, !

See what the I***TS wrote again, they were still talking about the Stakes, "for what now!?" what st***d stakes are high, when we know, that you'll keep eliminating them, until only two are left and those are the people who will be allowed to compete "actually", if its a RTV Show, put everyone where the Treasure is and let them search till one finds it, the contestants don't have equal chances,
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by PTBNaija(f): 9:23am On Aug 06, 2007
Very unfortunate, saw the headline on NTA AM Express this morning. Sad that I can only say sorry, but that will will never be enough to ease the pain that his family must be going through. My heart definitely goes out to his family and friends. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by DorisAnn: 9:36am On Aug 06, 2007
sad sad sad sad sad
May his Gentle Soul rest in perfect peace.AMEN
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Beline(f): 9:53am On Aug 06, 2007
but why should someone go for such competition when he knows that he can't swim well or was the money so much that we can't say no to reality. I thank God no amount of money can overtake my sense of reasoning. WHAT I CAN'T DO WELL I CAN'T TRY IT ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS DANGER ATTACHED TO IT, NO MATTER THE AMOUNT OF FURTUNE THAT FOLLOWS IT. My life worth more than what i can see today as long as i will see tomorrow.

Anyway, poor soul you never knew the task will end this way. May you have eternal rest in bosom of the LORD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

Thin Tall Tony Denies His Daughter, Ella, Calls Her His ‘Niece’ / BBNaija: How Ike Reacted After Mercy Hugged Joe / BBNaija: Tunde Ednut Blasts Tacha For Failing To Define "Characteristics"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.