Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband (57838 Views)

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / Man Did This On Finding Out He's Not The Biological Father Of His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Enugupikin: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2021
cletz991:
undecided virgin ke
If she's a virgin
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by marvin906(m): 11:15am On Jan 22, 2021
Swinger60:
LOL, you sef. you can make argument without insult nah.

Don't mind the guy Sha. He don't know most churches won't even wed you if you don't have evidence of trad wedding or that you have paid bride price.

is that not enough to show him that Traditional wedding is the main thing?

I know..

Dude has been changing goal post that's what's annoying me
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Akasammyoka: 11:16am On Jan 22, 2021
Is he a muslim or pagan, why not finish the religious rite before taking her home, you don't fear GOD ni
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Swinger60(f): 11:16am On Jan 22, 2021
rottennaija:

@bolded, that was in the case where a man seduced a virgin, slept with her, he has to pay the bride price and marry her. But if the father does not allow her to marry him, he still has to pay the bride price. That was the law... But we are not in the mosaic law. Such reasoning cannot fly in this 2021.
yea, you are right.

All this arguments sef. I think couple should be more concerned on how to hold the marriage together till forever

it doesn't matter whether one weds in church, traditionally or even in court. those weddings doesn't bind couple together, what binds couple together are their determination and resolve to stay forever together.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:16am On Jan 22, 2021
DeRay98:

Bullshit! This is British brainwash of our people that traditional is not the real marriage until after the white wedding.
The only people sanctioned by heaven to give a woman out in marriage is her father or his representation if he's late.
Once her family has received her dowry and given to her husband 's family marriage has officially been contracted and sealed.
The white wedding is the British own traditional marriage that they have deceitfully tagged "marriage in the presence of God" to dignify their culture as holy while African traditional is unholy.
Bullshit! This is the programming that has made us inferior in our own eyes and see white people as superior to us.
Now, we spend so much hard earned money to have trad and white weddings.
Huge waste of money and stupidity.
People can get married traditional and go to church for Pastor to pray or bless them the next day if Sunday or Pastor csn be present at the traditions marriage and bless them there and alls done.
We have been duped misled with false non-church or bible based ceremony.

Na so

In your traditional sense of marriage who is the Kolanut and alcoholic beverages offered to?

Who offers the rites prayer and whom is prayed to?

You'll be alright
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Brotherbaby(m): 11:16am On Jan 22, 2021
Once bride price is settled, she's married to the man and no one can stop the man
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by DeRay98(m): 11:16am On Jan 22, 2021
HonLord:

Let me clear this BIG HOUSE of certain errors we do in the name of Tradition/Church Doctrine/Policy of any kind:

1st: There is no place in the BIBLE where marriage or wedding was conducted in the Synagogue or by any Priest - - - Check and confirm to us here.
2nd: Wedding is not a church affair but a borrowed clip just to make money and mock the Scripture by the White Supremacists.
3rd: The father is not showing any sign of love to the daughter if he is using force to stop the man from taking the wife. If he refuses doing the Church wedding, will the man force him with gun?
4th: Wedding is not an African Culture from inception and it is optional for individuals - Even Churches are not supposed to force members, unless there is another thing the church may wish to tell us, because even Jesus, attended a marriage ceremony in a man's house and not a synagogue.
5th: The Best thing for any family to do is what we call "MARRIAGE BLESSING", which is supposed to be done on Sunday, after the marriage and not to force for wedding. Many church leaders will go to HELL for the issue of wedding. It is not Biblical - search the Bible and show me where any kind of marriage ceremony took place in the Synagogue, as back-up for wedding. Church wedding is a religious fraud.

ABSOLUTELY! "Church wedding" in name of God's presence is false teaching and narratives.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by fashrola(m): 11:16am On Jan 22, 2021
Softboy001:
What are you guys even saying self. The marriage has already been done. Bride price has already been paid and as far as anyone is concern she is already his wife.

White wedding is only the traditional marriage of the white man.

Wetin dey do Africans self. Who do una like this?

I just tire.......
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:16am On Jan 22, 2021
Akasammyoka:
Is he a muslim or pagan, why not finish the religious rite before taking her home, you don't fear GOD ni

Tell them o. Loud am
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by marvin906(m): 11:17am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

You know your truth kiss

So says the fanatic. Keep changing goal post

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Mayeldah(m): 11:17am On Jan 22, 2021
Since they planned to do Church marriage, the groom should relax, two months is nothing.

If they had not planned church marriage in addition to the traditional marrige already concluded, the father had no right to hold back his daughter.

The Church isn't against traditional marriage, if that's all you want to do, then have your trad on a saturday and the following morning on sunday have your pastor/priest pay for the couple during church service that's all.

We like to complicate things for ourselves here in Africa.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by favour32(m): 11:17am On Jan 22, 2021
DeRay98:

Bullshit! This is British brainwash of our people that traditional is not the real marriage until after the white wedding.
The only people sanctioned by heaven to give a woman out in marriage is her father or his representation if he's late.
Once her family has received her dowry and given to her husband 's family marriage has officially been contracted and sealed.
The white wedding is the British own traditional marriage that they have deceitfully tagged "marriage in the presence of God" to dignify their culture as holy while African traditional is unholy.
Bullshit! This is the programming that has made us inferior in our own eyes and see white people as superior to us.
Now, we spend so much hard earned money to have trad and white weddings.
Huge waste of money and stupidity.
People can get married traditional and go to church for Pastor to pray or bless them the next day if Sunday or Pastor csn be present at the traditions marriage and bless them there and alls done.
We have been duped misled with false non-church or bible based ceremony.
100% correct!
Many are ignorant.
God help them to have orientation that they are not inferior to the white man.
Traditional wedding is the main deal.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:18am On Jan 22, 2021
Brotherbaby:
Once bride price is settled, she's married to the man and no one can stop the man

In that case after Joseph betrothed Mary, she should have stated with him from that very moment.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Bryan88(m): 11:18am On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:

How do you mean please?

He has collected dowry, the rest should be between the couple
GBAM!!!
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:18am On Jan 22, 2021
Minjim:

Marriage is a family affair not an institution affair. Once the parents' approval and conditions are sought and given, you are married .

Do not add or subtract from the Bible.

I don't follow pastors cos they are humans.

Follow the Word

Lmao

Now you're confused completely. Sorry o

Please allow me recommend you change your church to one that has mentors and pastors that will teach you aright.

That one you're attending has led to your being poorly fed spiritually.

Sorry for your condition
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by jaxxy(m): 11:18am On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:
Good day cuties and gentlemen of NL

Lemme just go straight to the point

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

So guys, is he right to say that?
What is your opinion?

Yes very right. Infact over right. U want to eat food wey never done abi? U don’t eat food that is still on the fire. Wait!!!
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Swinger60(f): 11:19am On Jan 22, 2021
marvin906:

I know..

Dude has been changing goal post that's what's annoying me
Your parents did only trad wedding and stayed together till now. That's all that matters.

There are couples who did church wedding and within one month, marriage collapsed.

I do tell my husband that what is binding us together is not even the church wedding certificate or even the bride price he paid.

It is our determination to stay and hold on to each other till forever.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Somzee(f): 11:20am On Jan 22, 2021
I thought traditional wedding is the most important of them?
Once a father has given out his daughter in marriage and blessed the couple, marriage has started.

This brings me to my question is white wedding compulsory?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by rajiedreez: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Let it reach God for approval first. Thank you
the people seated at the traditional wedding are demons abi devils incarnate?

When did church wedding started in history?

The father could collect dowry which is a sign consent and marriage as far as any law is concerned. No dey deceive yourself, they are married already and have right to each other

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Minjim: 11:21am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Lmao

Now you're confused completely. Sorry o

Please allow me to recommend you change your church to one that has mentors and pastors that will teach you aright.

That one you're attending has led to your being poorly fed spiritually.

Sorry for your condition

You irredeemable.
Your pastor has completely brainwashed you.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Steveagro: 11:21am On Jan 22, 2021
If your friend doesn't believe in church marriage then he should have only organized the traditional marriage and taken his bride but since he agreed to church marriage let him wait it's that simple
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:21am On Jan 22, 2021
rajiedreez:
the people seated at the traditional wedding are demons abi devils incarnate?

When did church wedding started I'm history?
The father could collect dowry which is a sign consent and marriage as far as any law is concerned. No dey deceive yourself, they are married already and have right to each other

. They should have gone to the church instead na

Let me ask you, can Islamic rites be done in a church? Afterall we all serve the same God

You'll be alright.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:22am On Jan 22, 2021
Minjim:

You irredeemable.
You pastor has completely brainwashed you.

. Smiles. You will look back to my last counsel. Continue going to your ayeye and say it's church you're attending. When the time comes, you'll remember someone told you what you were attending was just a social gathering not a church

Spiritually malnourished believers. Tueh
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by marvin906(m): 11:23am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

In that case after Joseph betrothed Mary, she should have stated with him from that very moment.

Are you OK when did betrothed mean marriage or you don't know English again
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by simplesearch: 11:23am On Jan 22, 2021
dancewith:
We have 3 types of marriages recognised in Nogeria

1. Traditional

2. Court

3. Church

Each is a valid form of marriage. What the church seeks to achieve is simply a blessing of the union. They cannot claim this wasnt already done at the traditional level or that God wasnt at the traditional marriage

The insistence that until the white wedding a marriage cannot be consummated is baseless and just a culture, rather than validity

I believe the young man can't claim to be ignorant of what's at stake, so why the surprise or unnecessary noise?
Biblically no church should join two people in a holy wedlock who are already living together prior or where the wife is already pregnant. So the man is doing them a favor by not letting one night enjoyment spoil their day of glory. There is no wedding ceremony that's as glorious as that of the church, the young man will thank God somebody helped him to tame his hormone after the d-day.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Seyzcham91(m): 11:24am On Jan 22, 2021
for your mind! how you take know say the bride never dey carry her pussy go give the groom wey before the parent even got involved at all grin undecided
Saao:
The father is helping the groom and the bride to have a clean marriage without sex. Let him hold body small
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by King44(m): 11:24am On Jan 22, 2021
Saao:
The father is helping the groom and the bride to have a clean marriage without sex. Let him hold body small
Who tell you say dem never they knack from time....

May we have to explain to her father cos I don't understand.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by slimshady1000: 11:25am On Jan 22, 2021
My dear you can only take a man out of slavery but you can't take slavery out of a man!!!

Softboy001:
What are you guys even saying self. The marriage has already been done. Bride price has already been paid and as far as anyone is concern she is already his wife.

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Minjim: 11:25am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

. Smiles. You will look back to my last counsel. Continue going to your ayeye and say it's church you're attending. When the time comes, you'll remember someone told you what you were attending was just a social gathering not a church

Spiritually malnourished believers. Tueh

No wahala!

Your insulting comments really shows the type.
of believer you are

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Hugoboi(m): 11:26am On Jan 22, 2021
What the father in law is doing is illegal and unlawful. Nigerian law DOES NOT recognize any such thing as "church wedding". The only recognized marriages under the law in Nigeria are the Customary marriage (otherwise known as traditional marriage) and Statutory marriage (other wise known as the registry marriage or marriage under the Marriage Act)

Church wedding is regarded as mere marriage "celebration" and has no legal backing in law or fact.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by King44(m): 11:26am On Jan 22, 2021
Enugupikin:

He should relax for the two months, if he has waited this far why can't he wait more,
There is this joy of making love to your virgin wife on the wedding night
Joy and wahala mixed together.... Ha!!!
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by tegaofficial10(m): 11:26am On Jan 22, 2021
Softboy001:

I tire oooo, even the Christian faith states clearly, that once the bride price is paid and accepted by the girls family, then she becomes his wife, there was no white wedding in the bible, they both can just simply go to their pastor to bless the union.
African man and colonisation... now i see why the westerners think us inferior... SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy / Lady Finds Out Her Sister Is Her Mother (Video) / Married Zimbabwean Woman Caught Cheating With 7 Men (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.