Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband (57843 Views)

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / Man Did This On Finding Out He's Not The Biological Father Of His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Swinger60(f): 11:03am On Jan 22, 2021
tooth4tooth:

It is not the right thing. I want to challenge all religious fanatics to quote to me the part of the Bible that traditional marriage is not recognized .
Traditionally they are married. I agree with you. Church wedding is white man's culture. To me, the father inlaw is ignorant Sha.

Now talking about Bible, Do you know the Bible said the man can be denied of taking his wife by his father inlaw even after paying dowry?

I just feel the husband should just exercise patience Sha. the family I came from, the day you do your trad wedding, is the day you are going home with your husband. you will be in your husband's house and be planning church wedding.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by rottennaija(m): 11:04am On Jan 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

I know, but the father may have his reasons. Flouting his order may create an unnecessary issue if not adhered to. So it's better to be patient since the wedding is in just two months time.

Why wait again for another 2 months when the bride price has been paid? Why not pay the bride price the week of the wedding? Smh
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:04am On Jan 22, 2021
Minjim:

You don't even speak like a believer.

Church wedding is not Biblical..

Do it only If you can afford it.

Here they come, even God calls come of his children illegitimate children. Do you know that if you're poorly fed spiritually it would reflect in your perspectives and decision

If I ask you know what church do you attend you'll mention that one along the express where God even said if He passes through out of the millions, are won't be able to find ten

Go fix your self in a church that will impact spiritual teaching and growth. When you have deep rooted knowledge you can then debate xtian issues and not that gathering like party you folks go to and call church.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by focus7: 11:05am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Conflicting ideologies. You're confusing yourself

Court wedding follows due protocols

Traditional wedding same dressing to eating to prayers then attires

But when it comes to Christian wedding, you say God was at the traditional wedding.

You'll only confuse valve elements like yourself.

Since God is everywhere, then every one should just pick a woman and proclaim her as wife without approaching any of the three institutions. Yeye

You picked the wrong person to debate with about scriptures. I tell you

Go back and read what I pasted. Traditional and court wedding is enough. Once the parents pray for the couple God sanctions it, it's not until you take it to the pastor or imam.

Since you want Bible debate let's start by telling us where Jesus or any of his disciple conducted a church wedding in Bible.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Drone95(m): 11:05am On Jan 22, 2021
Op, ur friend should calm down, yoruba adage says ; Eniti a n gbe iyawo bo waba kii garun.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:05am On Jan 22, 2021
garicrises:
I humbly beg to differ, our traditional African wedding is valid and recognize even b4 the law, while it is not objectionable to insist on a white wedding it should not be on the basis of invalidating the sanctity or legal standing of traditional marriages, in eggon land, Nasarawa State where I come from after performing some traditional marriage rites you are asked whether you are a taking your wife immediately along or subsequently after white wedding, meaning you can go consummate as you are fully married irrespective of church formalities, and yes Christian prayers are also offered there

Same way the traditional institution has its system if value, rites and principles is the same way for the Christian fate.

Let me ask you, can Islamic rites be done in a church?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by marvin906(m): 11:06am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

You are the bigger fool

Marriage honourable to God and marriage without his honour and approval doesn't cancel the marriage. It's an individual Christian belief and practice

God read for schools. You're resuming soon

Full

Now I can bodly say your utterly stupid..
So traditional marriage is without the honour of God so in God sight they aren't married..
I spit on your stupidity
As Christian am ashamed of someone like you..
Drops mic

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:07am On Jan 22, 2021
focus7:

Go back and read what I pasted. Traditional and court wedding is enough. Once the parents pray for the couple God sanctions it, it's not until you take it to the pastor or imam.

Since you want Bible debate let's start by telling us where Jesus or any of his disciple conducted a church wedding in Bible.

Each institution before the institutional presence. Simple as ABC. Saying God was at traditional and nullifies Christian or church marriage is sick. In that same sense of ideology, they should marry in a cemetery cause God is everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Swinger60(f): 11:08am On Jan 22, 2021
marvin906:

So if I understand correctly my mom and dad that just did traditional marriage and currently have four children marriage is not approved by God.. Your a fool
LOL, you sef. you can make argument without insult nah.

Don't mind the guy Sha. He don't know most churches won't even wed you if you don't have evidence of trad wedding or that you have paid bride price.

is that not enough to show him that Traditional wedding is the main thing?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:08am On Jan 22, 2021
marvin906:

Drops mic

That's why I said you should get back to your books and first graduate first. You can see evidently besides using Korean memes and haul insults you have absolutely nothing to offer in debates and discussions
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by simplesearch: 11:08am On Jan 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

Oh you have no idea.

Don't mind children on this forum who are bereaved of any useful idea on marriage making bogus assertions everywhere!
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:09am On Jan 22, 2021
marvin906:

So traditional marriage is without the honour of God so in God sight they aren't married..
I spit on your stupidity
As Christian am ashamed of someone like you..
Drops mic

. I feel sorry for your generation. What a shame. Little kids. You will learn
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BadBradley: 11:09am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?

Smh atheists and liberalised would do anything to attack Christian faith

Why it's so hard for them to take in is atheists and liberalised want to attack any concept of God to anything goes.

The sheer hypocrisy is what I find appalling. If they hate Christian marriage, they should leave Christian ladies and families alone simple.

If you won't marry a Christian lady the Christian way, please marry your kinds. Go for the traditional woman and after the traditional rites or even before, you can have your way
this one na holier than the pope.

Which marriage ever took place in the church or synagogue from genesis to revelation.

No pastor has any right or power to pronounce a couple husband and wife.

They should respect the father not the church.

Africans, world's eternal slaves!

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by cletz991(m): 11:10am On Jan 22, 2021
undecided virgin ke
Enugupikin:

He should relax for the two months, if he has waited this far why can't he wait more,
There is this joy of making love to your virgin wife on the wedding night
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:10am On Jan 22, 2021
BadBradley:
this one na holier than the pope.

Which marriage ever took place in the church or synagogue from genesis to revelation.

No pastor has any right or power to pronounce a couple husband and wife.

They should respect the father not the church.

Africans, world's eternal slaves!

Guilt tripping. When it comes to honouring God they call it slavery. Tell me what has your libertian ideology that alienates Christine brought you in life? Humble me with credible answers
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by rottennaija(m): 11:10am On Jan 22, 2021
Swinger60:
Traditionally they are married. I agree with you. Church wedding is white man's culture. To me, the father inlaw is ignorant Sha.

Now talking about Bible, Do you know the Bible said the man can be denied of taking his wife by his father inlaw even after paying dowry?

I just feel the husband should just exercise patience Sha. the family I came from, the day you do your trad wedding, is the day you are going home with your husband. you will be in your husband's house and be planning church wedding.

@bolded, that was in the case where a man seduced a virgin, slept with her, he has to pay the bride price and marry her. But if the father does not allow her to marry him, he still has to pay the bride price. That was the law... But we are not in the mosaic law. Such reasoning cannot fly in this 2021.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by HonLord: 11:10am On Jan 22, 2021
Liposure:
Your guy caused it. Why agree on white wedding in the first place? When by tradition he is married with or without white wedding. He should just chill for those two months afterall he won't die.

Let me clear this BIG HOUSE of certain errors we do in the name of Tradition/Church Doctrine/Policy of any kind:

1st: There is no place in the BIBLE where marriage or wedding was conducted in the Synagogue or by any Priest - - - Check and confirm to us here.
2nd: Wedding is not a church affair but a borrowed clip just to make money and mock the Scripture by the White Supremacists.
3rd: The father is not showing any sign of love to the daughter if he is using force to stop the man from taking the wife. If he refuses doing the Church wedding, will the man force him with gun?
4th: Wedding is not an African Culture from inception and it is optional for individuals - Even Churches are not supposed to force members, unless there is another thing the church may wish to tell us, because even Jesus, attended a marriage ceremony in a man's house and not a synagogue.
5th: The Best thing for any family to do is what we call "MARRIAGE BLESSING", which is supposed to be done on Sunday, after the marriage and not to force for wedding. Many church leaders will go to HELL for the issue of wedding. It is not Biblical - search the Bible and show me where any kind of marriage ceremony took place in the Synagogue, as back-up for wedding. Church wedding is a religious fraud.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Ajayi237: 11:10am On Jan 22, 2021
people wey dn dey squash already
Saao:
The father is helping the groom and the bride to have a clean marriage without sex. Let him hold body small
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Malaymoney(m): 11:10am On Jan 22, 2021
[/quote]The sheer hypocrisy is what I find appalling. If they hate Christian marriage, they should leave Christian ladies and families alone simple.

If you won't marry a Christian lady the Christian way, please marry your kinds. Go for the traditional woman and after the traditional rites or even before, you can have your way[/quote]
Oga park well, so before the emergence of christianity people no dey marry...as western people no dey do traditional marriage we also no suppose dey white wedding but wetin I know kwanu...ndi Uka church
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Minjim: 11:12am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Here they come, even God calls come of his children illegitimate children. Do you know that if you're poorly fed spiritually it would reflect in your perspectives and decision

If I ask you know what church do you attend you'll mention that one along the express where God even said if He passes through out of the millions, are won't be able to find ten

Go fix your self in a church that will impact spiritual teaching and growth. When you have deep rooted knowledge you can then debate xtian issues and not that gathering like party you folks go to and call church.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Minjim: 11:12am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Marriage is strictly a family affair not a church affair. Once the parents' approval and conditions are sought and given, you are married .

Do not add or subtract from the Bible.

I don't follow pastors cos they are humans.

Follow the Word

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by marvin906(m): 11:12am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

. I feel sorry for your generation. What a shame. Little kids. You will learn

So says the flying pig

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by DeRay98(m): 11:12am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?

Bullshit! This is British brainwash of our people that traditional is not the real marriage until after the white wedding.
The only people sanctioned by heaven to give a woman out in marriage is her father or his representation if he's late.
Once her family has received her dowry and given to her husband 's family marriage has officially been contracted and sealed.
The white wedding is the British own traditional marriage that they have deceitfully tagged "marriage in the presence of God" to dignify their culture as holy while African traditional is unholy.
Bullshit! This is the programming that has made us inferior in our own eyes and see white people as superior to us.
Now, we spend so much hard earned money to have trad and white weddings.
Huge waste of money and stupidity.
People can get married traditional and go to church for Pastor to pray or bless them the next day if Sunday or Pastor csn be present at the traditions marriage and bless them there and alls done.
We have been duped misled with false non-church or bible based ceremony.

2 Likes

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Teeoffers: 11:12am On Jan 22, 2021
Softboy001:
What are you guys even saying self. The marriage has already been done. Bride price has already been paid and as far as anyone is concern she is already his wife.

White wedding is only the traditional marriage of the white man.

Wetin dey do Africans self. Who do una like this?

The matter tire me ohh.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by marvin906(m): 11:13am On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

That's why I said you should get back to your books and first graduate first. You can see evidently besides using Korean memes and haul insults you have absolutely nothing to offer in debates and discussions

So a fanatic like you have something to offer

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by favour32(m): 11:13am On Jan 22, 2021
Wetin una dey talk so.
The main wedding na the traditional one.
Any other one na make people come chop.
So,make una nor dey over religious.
Traditional wedding nai be the main one.
If you like argue with ya ancestors!
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by romenna: 11:13am On Jan 22, 2021
If ur friend had impregnated dat girl there wud be no need for dis thread
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by vuc1(m): 11:13am On Jan 22, 2021
If he had gone to the church to wed without first paying the bride price would the church wed them? Answer :No. If he succeeded in wedding in the church without paying bride price would the community regard them as married? Answer :No. Is white wedding African culture and tradition? Answer :No. Can a white man accept an African traditional marriage without church or court marriage as a fully legal union?Aswer :No. Did Jesus Christ attend a marriage event at the synagogue or church? Answer: No. Did Jesus Christ fault or condemn any of the wedding he attended held outside the synagogue or church? Answer :No.If the above questions makes sense to the father of the bride then he should've known what is right.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 11:14am On Jan 22, 2021
marvin906:

So a fanatic like you have something to offer

You know your truth kiss
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Enugupikin: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2021
Roadsidetaylaw:

Nd who told u she is a virgin?
I mean if she's a virgin
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by 7sperovs(m): 11:15am On Jan 22, 2021
[/quote][color=#006600][/color][quote author=BusinessCity post=98296919]The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?

Smh atheists and liberalised would do anything to attack Christian faith

Why it's so hard for them to take in is atheists and liberalised want to attack any concept of God to anything goes.

The sheer hypocrisy is what I find appalling. If they hate Christian marriage, they should leave Christian ladies and families alone simple.

If you won't marry a Christian lady the Christian way, please marry your kinds. Go for the traditional woman and after the traditional rites or even before, you can have your way

Your ignorance is priceless..The christian marriage is any traditional marriage without idolatry. Bride price paid, consent and acceptance. What you call church marriage today (the gown and flower girl ceremony) is nothing Christian, its a western traditional marriage. Whether in church or by the beach or in a club.
Where in the bible did jesus or his disciples officiate wedding. He rather attended one with his disciples as guest. That wasn't organised by Christ. So where do this church wedding thing as Christian marriage come from sef...e tire me

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Enugupikin: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2021
Deserea:
How did you know she's a virgin
I mean if she's a virgin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy / Lady Finds Out Her Sister Is Her Mother (Video) / Married Zimbabwean Woman Caught Cheating With 7 Men (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.