Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,065 members, 7,956,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:11 AM

Unrequited - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unrequited (139483 Views)

Unrequited Love / Unrequited - Beta Draft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 9:03pm On May 12, 2022
jullyrosy:

Let it be today ooo
Tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 7:14am On May 13, 2022
Moura7:

Tomorrow

It's morning o
Re: Unrequited by gstelly: 8:33am On May 13, 2022
jullyrosy:

It's morning o
you no da update your story
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 8:46am On May 13, 2022
gstelly:
you no da update your story

My lappy lost o
I never see money buy another one of
Make una forgive me
I go borrow laptop update
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 4:15pm On May 13, 2022
Jullyrosy!!!!

Kk
'10, 9, 7, 8...', I counted down in my mind as we got nearer to our table.
There's this popular take on dealing with anger by patiently having a countdown in your mind before reacting. A lot of people often refer to this tactic as bullsh** and I'm beginning to see why because I've been trying to do that since I discovered Caleb was the one on MY seat, being friendly with MY girlfriend. Maybe this was the Almighty giving me a golden chance to beat the life out of Caleb. I've always wanted to since Mia told of how he manipulated and abused her emotionally.
This might come off as petty or pathetic even, but people who say they can't fight their fellow man because of a girl have never been in love or experienced love like I have. I know because I used to be one of them.

"Be cool, man", Dave whispered to me as if he read my mind before going ahead to claim his seat.

"Babe", Mia said nervously as she stood up. "You're back".

"Mmhmm", I hummed in reply, looking at Caleb who was taking his sweet time while getting up from my seat.

"Hi, we meet again", he said stretching his hand out for a handshake. Even if I missed the pride in his voice, the arrogant smirk on his face which mu fist was itching to wipe off, greatly made up for it.

I almost snubbed his handshake but no matter how angry I was, I didn't have it in me to be rude-- atleast not yet--so I reluctantly stretched my hand to accept the handshake.

"I'm sorry I couldn't introduce myself earlier, my name is-"

"Trust me, no one cares. Now can excuse me? You're in my way and I'd like to have a nice meal with MY girlfriend without any interruptions", I cut him off, not being able to hold myself any longer. He chuckled to hide his embarrassment amidst the silence that had befallen our table as he buttoned his suit.

"Right", he said and chuckled again. "Nice running into you Mimi", he said to her and looked at me with a smile, before leaving.

"Wow", Gina said as I sat down. "So that happened'.

"What was that?", Mia turned to me, looking pissed off.

"What was what?", I replied back with a question like I didn't know what she was talking about. I was getting even more pissed that she was trying to defend  him.

"You didn't have to be like that. That was a bit over the top", she continued.

"Well, forgive me for being rude to your ex boyfriend who was being a jerk by the way, looking at me like he was better than me but of course, I'm the one that was being rude. I guess wearing a thousand dollar suit or being part of the upper class does offer you some exemptions right?" The words came out of my mouth before I knew it and the hurt look on her face further showed that I had messed up.

"Woah woah", Dave intervened, trying to ease the whole situation. "Let's us all calm down and keep quiet before we say things we can't come back from".

"Wow", Mia said softly, her expression very sad. "Classic K, always playing the victim of classism. Well, newsflash babe, the fact that someone was a jerk to you doesn't in any way make it right for you to do same and it has nothing to do with class", she finished and picked up her bag as if she was leaving. Or was she?

"Cmon Mia, you don't have to go?", Dave pleaded as Mia stood up. "We haven't even had our food yet".

"Dave's right, Mia", Gina chipped in but Mia shook her head.

"You guys, don't worry about me. I'll eat when I get home", she smiled at them and left.

"Mia, wait up, I'm coming with you", G called out to Mia seconds after she left our table.

"Are you being serious right now?", Dave voiced his disappointment at how things were panning but G just ignored him and off she was. I felt really bad for him. I knew he was looking forward to having a nice time with Gina this night and I just blew it for him.

"What part of 'be cool', didn't you understand?", Dave asked, sighing in frustration.

"I don't know what came over me man", I replied. "I'm really sorry I ruined your night with Gina man. I didn't mean for everything to turn out this way bro".

"You should", Dave retorted. Okay, I get it now, he's really pissed.

I figured it would best not to say anything for now until he was calm enough. He didn't say a word and just focused on the live rendition of a guy doing a cover of Jahiem's 'Put That Woman First'. Even the title of the song was berating,  this couldn't get any worse than this.
As the silence enveloped our table, I kept replaying everything that happened and couldn't help but wonder how a night that started out so perfectly just at the entrance of the locker room could have such a disastrous end, just in a matter of minutes.

Just then, our orders arrived but my appetite and I'm sure Dave's too, was long gone. I felt like sending the waiter back with the food, after all it was their delay that caused this whole thing because if they had brought our food on time, I wouldn't have gone looking for them in the first place thereby not giving Caleb the chance to even on my seat.

"Really?", Dave said of all a sudden. "You're going to pin this on the kitchen guys?" He continued, leaving confused as to what he was on about and then it hit me. I actually said that out loud.

"Didn't know I said that out loud", I muttered, folding my arms.

"Yeah right", he scoffed. "You're very selfish, you know that right?" He said and it was my turn to scoff.

"Look man, I know I ruined your night with Gina ok? And I'm sorry about that but that's it bro, I can only apologise. I can't change the past so quit whining already. Jesus!" I retorted angrily, already fed up with his snide remarks.

"Of course", he chucked,  shaking his head sadly. "I'm out of here", he said standing up.
"But before I go, I want you to see something. You just saw Caleb talk to Mia once and you hit the roof with jealousy, now put yourself in Mia's shoes who's had to compromise and watch you work with Nonye day after day", he said and then walked away. I've had three people walk out on me this night, that has to be a record, but what kept tugging at the  back of my mind was the fact that Dave was right about me after all. I am selfish.

6 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 4:16pm On May 13, 2022
One thing hated more than being wrong is having to apologise for being wrong. That was my situation now as I paced back and forth the length of the hall, pondering if I should hit the doorbell button or not. During the drive over here, I had gone over the apology speech I intended to render but for some reason was finding it hard to execute now that I'm actually here. This is just to apologise to Dave and I'm this nervous; how would I be then, when I have to face Mia? High BP? God forbid!

"This is ridiculous", I said and pressed the bell. I can't be fretting like this over my fellow man. If he accepts my apology fine and if he doesn't, fine too.

"Oh...its you", Dave said, opening the door and going  back inside. He didn't even say if I could come in.

"I guess I'll just let myself in then", I said to myself in a whisper. "Hey man, about this night..", I began. "I was being a selfish pr**k and none of you deserved that. I'm truly sorry".

"Nah, it's all good man", Dave replied coolly, a small smile on his face. Okay, this is not what I expected, not by a long shot. I expected him to hold out a little longer.

"Ar-are you sure? We good?", I asked to be certain and he nodded in affirmation.

"Look, we're all human and we're not perfect. I understand why you acted the way you did tonight and what's even better is that you've realized your mistake and to make things right".

"Yeah, about that", I began slowly. "I'd like to make things right with Mia but I'm not so sure she's going to be as forgiving as you", I said and dumped myself on one of the cushions.

"Oh, surely. That's probably the only thing you've been right about this evening", Dave said and laughed when I picked up a cushion pillow to throw at him. I won't lie though, it was a funny joke.

"Seriously bro, at this moment, I'm willing to do just about anything now just to get her to forgive me. Like anything at all", I said, staring into space.

"Anything?", Dave asked.

"Anything man", I replied.

"Hmm...let's see", Dave sighed and began tapping his chin like someone thinking. "What if she asks you to apologise to Caleb, would you be able to do that?", he asked out of the blue.

"W--why w-would you ask that all of a sudden?", I stuttered, shocked at his question. "Mia wouldn't do that", I added.

"Maybe", he shrugged his shoulders. "But if in a million and one chances she does, would you do it?"

"Is your ego much bigger than your love for her?", Dave asked further, feeling like he was some kind of relationship expert. It pissed me off a little that he was always using my relationship issues to  play therapist but then again, I'm the one that's always bringing my relationship issues to him so I don't really blame him. I blame myself for always having relationship issues. Back to his question, would I rather keep my ego and lose Mia in my life? No, I don't think so. She's everything good in my life right now so if it comes to me apologising to Caleb --which I'm hoping it doesn't-- I would.

"Yeah, I would", I replied quietly.

"Wow", Dave voiced in a whisper. "You really got it bad for her, huh?"

"I'm afraid so", I said, heaving a long sigh.

"What's the time now?", Dave asked.

"Huh....fifteen past 9", I answered after checking on my phone. "Why?"

"I think I have an idea on how you can get Mia to forgive you", he said smiling. "And don't worry, it doesn't involve you apologising to that pr**k, Caleb".......TBC

9 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Mobecs(f): 6:44pm On May 13, 2022
Moura7:

I'm good....sorry for the no show. Working on it, would upload when I'm done.

More grease bro

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 7:21pm On May 13, 2022
Amazing work moura7

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 7:25pm On May 13, 2022
Thanks man
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 8:11pm On May 13, 2022
Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 9:32am On May 14, 2022
Thanks for the update but this suspense is too much.
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 1:23pm On May 14, 2022
What do you guys think? Personally, the episode wasn't it for me. I didn't really feel anything and na jully pressure cause am lol.

2 Likes

Re: Unrequited by Abdulreheem(m): 2:03pm On May 14, 2022
the episode is not that long but its not ur falt, thanks op. and make it more lengthy like usual in the next update.because this story is so sweet that u don't want it to finish sharply
Re: Unrequited by hotswagg12: 5:50pm On May 14, 2022
Moura7:
What do you guys think? Personally, the episode wasn't it for me. I didn't really feel anything and na jully pressure cause am lol.
There is nothing wrong with the update, though it kind of portray K in a bad light but its normal especially when an ex is trying to disturb your fun with your babe. Anyway try and right about other characters that way you won't run out of idea. It must not always be about k and mia. Though they are the main characters.
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 11:59am On May 15, 2022
Moura7:

Lol....
There's nothing wrong with d update...
D suspense is killing oooo

1 Like

Re: Unrequited by abovenani(m): 1:33pm On May 15, 2022
Efun wa nikon si
Re: Unrequited by MhiztaRange(m): 1:41pm On May 15, 2022
Moura7:
me I see nothing wrong with the update, just that Dave and K are getting along so well. So, I'll just wait for you to spill the beans on their status
Re: Unrequited by Johnny234(m): 7:16pm On May 15, 2022
I've finally caught up with u guys, Moura7 keep it going more update, more grease to ur elbow, more ink to ur pen.
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 4:40pm On May 16, 2022
Moura7 my guy...
How are u?
Re: Unrequited by Demonicus: 8:14am On May 17, 2022
wow this guy is good,

Weldone Op.
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 12:29pm On May 17, 2022
jullyrosy:
Moura7 my guy...
How are u?

Lol....I go run from you, this girl.
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 4:18pm On May 17, 2022
Moura7:

Hahahahahha, no run o
Ur story too sweet and moreover I was just greeting...Lol
Drop small thing na
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 4:18pm On May 17, 2022
Moura7:

U still get my number? Chat me up for whatsaap
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 12:53pm On May 19, 2022
New, longer and hopefully more interesting update this weekend....God Bless Us all.

3 Likes

Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 3:15pm On May 19, 2022
Moura7:
New, longer and hopefully more interesting update this weekend....God Bless Us all.

Friday abi��
Re: Unrequited by Moura7(m): 6:14pm On May 19, 2022
jullyrosy:

Friday abi��
Weekend ma
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 6:50pm On May 19, 2022
Moura7:

Weekend ma

Ok sir
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 3:34pm On May 22, 2022
Moura7 if I don't disturb u to post, I don't think anyone here will....seems they're always waiting for me to ask for update..(after which they will ask if I've updated mine)
Take ur time dear, if u wan post in 2months time...post office
...Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unrequited by SwantaL: 4:08pm On May 22, 2022
jullyrosy:
Moura7 if I don't disturb u to post, I don't think anyone here will....seems they're always waiting for me to ask for update..(after which they will ask if I've updated mine)
Take ur time dear, if u wan post in 2months time...post office
...Lol
Re: Unrequited by doctorexcel: 4:52pm On May 22, 2022
Moura7:
Bros we dey hia dey wait you o
Re: Unrequited by jullyrosy(f): 8:05pm On May 22, 2022
doctorexcel:

Bros we dey hia dey wait you o

Energy. ..Make una disturb am..Lol
Re: Unrequited by Timiprince(m): 9:26pm On May 22, 2022
Moura this is very bad if you don’t update today, we won’t take your words anymore

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (31) (Reply)

In Memory Only (Romance) / I See Things Others Do Not See... / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.