Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting (65393 Views)

Is He Being Selfish Or Self-centered? / "Marry Me Or I Die"— Lady Faints "Repeatedly" On A Busy Road In Lagos (Photos) / Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by TemmyT002(m): 8:17am On Feb 20, 2021
inforesource:
An average Nigerian lady thinks it is your responsibility to use your money to buy things for house for everyone but theirs is theirs.

Also, it is is not a good sign for the relationship.

More than average actually
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by khalids: 8:28am On Feb 20, 2021
Do I really need to take it into consideration or overlook?
I observe my girl friend is very stingy and selfish. I really don't need anything from her, I foot our bills from A - Z, I give her between 1500 to 5k as tfare, meanwhile the actual tfare from my place to hers is just 200 to and fro.

Ok the problem is some weeks ago she was at my place for some days, the 2nd day in the morning I realized my toothpaste has finished, having it in mind that I'm gonna buy another one on my way back later in the day, unfortunately I forgot to buy it despite buying stuff at the supermarket. But God so good as I was blaming myself for forgetting to buy it, she told me she has toothpaste in her bag so we used her toothpaste that morning. I kept forgetting to buy this toothpaste for the next 3 days, I had to cut the tube with knife so I can have something to brush my teeth but my girlfriend was quietly using her toothpaste alone and she will return it into her bag, she saw me tearing the tube but didnt occur to her to surrender her toothpaste until i bought mine the 5th day.

I really didn't count it initially but I have noticed other things and it's taking my mind back to the incidence. My girlfriend has never used her money to buy me a sachet of pure water or cheapest orange or whatever.

Another funny thing is when we are eating, sometimes she accused me of eating from her meat or taking from her drinks when i didn't even touch it. Imagine always trying to lay claim to 3 pieces out of 4.

Do I need to pay attention to some of the little details or overlook all because of love or am I overreacting?

NB : she's presently unemployed but never lack support from her parents and myself.

Oga I have only one word for you @RUN@

And finally check if she passes the rules below
16 Characteristics of Real Love

1. Love means saying goodbye to expectations.
2. Love doesn’t play the victim role or blame others.
3. Love includes letting go.
4. Love doesn’t require you to continue a relationship.
5. Love has no room for jealousy.
6. Love is the absence of fear.
7. Love is not needing, but wanting.
8. Love is an action, not just a feeling.
9. Love is unconditional.
10. Love means putting other people’s needs equal to — or before — your own.
11. Love is the highest vibration emotion that there is.
12. Love requires attention.
13. Love understands and accepts differences.
14. Love varies in how it is expressed and accepted.
15. Love makes you feel good, not bad.
16. Love has empathy.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by JADEK01(m): 8:39am On Feb 20, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
This is what happens when you try to buy a woman's Love.

The mistake you Men make is you don't set Boundaries, You don't even have the Confidence to Express yourself in such a manner that when she Misbehaves, deep down inside her she'll know that you'll never tolerate/accept such behavior.are u from this planet??
God bless u

If You think she'll Change when she gets a job,( I pity you ),

If you also think she'll change when you guys get married ( Then I Pity you More ).
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Tokoz20: 8:43am On Feb 20, 2021
She is stingy and self centered. You can choose to ignore those signs if you wish, but I tell you, you will still see more if eventually you marry her. She can't make sacrifices for you and the day she will make one, it will enter her records and she will keep reminding you about it. I'm speaking from experience.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:49am On Feb 20, 2021
It will end in tears.....Never Marry a stingy woman

1 Like

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Allakent: 8:54am On Feb 20, 2021
She may be stingy and be good at heart. Some are generous and generous with everything. I don't see any issue here, you only have to manage to unstingy her. We are wired and handle things differently.

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by divineappo(m): 8:56am On Feb 20, 2021
Bola146:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin See me laughing seriously here cheesy cheesy cheesy ""..Imagine always trying to lay claim to 3 pieces out of 4 "" " cheesy cheesy cheesy FFO but she can't contribute ordinary #500 toothpaste OMG cheesy

No matter how small the amount is, if your spouse is not stingy, please contribute financially and materially to your relationship!!!! She is stingy! Haba now, she would have not returned the paste to her bag. You can tell her if she will change, maybe she doesn't know it's a bad thing, tell her please cheesy
she is stingy, no doubt

if u tell us other things, then I can tell u if she loves u or not. I can't say with the few u wrote above

so, the big question is, can u spend the rest of your life with a stingy woman?

also, try to ask her to use her money to do something and see her reaction. if she reacts badly, she doesn't love you abeg.

A woman can never ever love you, and still be stingy towards you. NEVER
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Suresoniaabia(f): 8:58am On Feb 20, 2021
you lied count me out that’s why my fiancé love me more if I have he already know we have
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by 9jaRealist: 9:11am On Feb 20, 2021
I observe my girl friend is very stingy and selfish. I really don't need anything from her, I foot our bills from A - Z, I give her between 1500 to 5k as tfare, meanwhile the actual tfare from my place to hers is just 200 to and fro.

Ok the problem is some weeks ago she was at my place for some days, the 2nd day in the morning I realized my toothpaste has finished, having it in mind that I'm gonna buy another one on my way back later in the day, unfortunately I forgot to buy it despite buying stuff at the supermarket. But God so good as I was blaming myself for forgetting to buy it, she told me she has toothpaste in her bag so we used her toothpaste that morning. I kept forgetting to buy this toothpaste for the next 3 days, I had to cut the tube with knife so I can have something to brush my teeth but my girlfriend was quietly using her toothpaste alone and she will return it into her bag, she saw me tearing the tube but didnt occur to her to surrender her toothpaste until i bought mine the 5th day.

I really didn't count it initially but I have noticed other things and it's taking my mind back to the incidence. My girlfriend has never used her money to buy me a sachet of pure water or cheapest orange or whatever.

Another funny thing is when we are eating, sometimes she accused me of eating from her meat or taking from her drinks when i didn't even touch it. Imagine always trying to lay claim to 3 pieces out of 4.

Do I need to pay attention to some of the little details or overlook all because of love or am I overreacting?

NB : she's presently unemployed but never lack support from her parents and myself.

If ephemeral little things like these are bothering you about her, you shouldn’t be in the relationship in the first instance...
Sadly, many Nigerian men seem so obsessed with the nominal material ‘costs’ of relationships that they miss what really matters.SMH
>
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by nwimo22(m): 9:19am On Feb 20, 2021
I thank God for the type of girls that always come my way. They are just as generous as I am. 80% of Nigerian girls are very very very stingy and selfish.

2 Likes

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by ALISMILE(m): 9:19am On Feb 20, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
But Oga why are you Weeping and gnashing your teeth because of Toothpaste grin grin
It's not about it being 'just toothpaste'.
The fact that the girl lacks the generosity to surrender 'just toothpaste' when it's obvious the dude really forgot to buy one portrays the girl as ultra stingy
I hates them stingy girl

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by ALISMILE(m): 9:20am On Feb 20, 2021
9jaRealist:

If ephemeral little things like these are bothering you about her, you shouldn’t be in the relationship in the first instance...
Sadly, many Nigerian men seem so obsessed with the nominal material ‘costs’ of relationships that they miss what really matters.SMH
>
So oga oya tell us what really matters
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Hassanmaye(m): 9:27am On Feb 20, 2021
simple250:
That babe go wait for u if salt finish for house when she dey cook o cheesy when u come cooking continues .
Lol
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by ngwababe(f): 9:28am On Feb 20, 2021

Please leave this girl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by nwimo22(m): 9:28am On Feb 20, 2021
Bro you so wise for this statement I swear. I once met a girl that we really loved each other but on the other hand I thought she was after my money,I had to act broke do you know this beautiful kind hearted girl sponsored me for almost 2weeks until I told her it was a test. Even sometimes whenever we eat out she always pay. There are some good kind hearted and unselfish girls out there but 80% of them are just self centered
BigYash:
She is using you and when she is done,she will dump your ass where she met it.. My advise is for you to start acting broke,let's see if she will still be your girlfriend in two months from now. You guys need wise up mehn! Stop being a pussy nigga.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Hassanmaye(m): 9:30am On Feb 20, 2021
general111:
Sometimes when i read things like this, i thank God for my fiancee, she is a blessing to my life jawe.
I cant wait to marry her sef..
Op, walk away from that relationship, she believes that a man's money is our money, but a womans money is her money.
She is not a wife material.
Is she a Nigerian Lady how lucky are you, you should thank God o, Nigerian girls are something else
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Teezie(f): 9:35am On Feb 20, 2021

Japa
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Hassanmaye(m): 9:35am On Feb 20, 2021
hmhameed:
While I was down and financially cripple for three months. My wife covered all the bills for me for the whole months which was 80k expenses. Which I later refund her back. If your wife or your gf is not supportive financial when it's necessary. Please dump her just to safe yourself from future crisis and embarrassment
God another lucky man, chai I guess she's not Nigerian girl
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by BigYash: 9:46am On Feb 20, 2021
nwimo22:
Bro you so wise for this statement I swear. I once met a girl that we really loved each other but on the other hand I thought she was after my money,I had to act broke do you know this beautiful kind hearted girl sponsored me for almost 2weeks until I told her it was a test. Even sometimes whenever we eat out she always pay. There are some good kind hearted and unselfish girls out there but 80% of them are just self centered
Yes o. I learnt this secret in 2017. No matter how a girl pretends,them no fit dodge this bullet,if she is the self centered type. You must be able to know if she is a good one or like every other hoe out there. Gudmrn bro

1 Like

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Stedygrowth: 9:46am On Feb 20, 2021
what you're seeing is exactly what it is. Stop imagining that she would change Learn to see things as they are, not as you wish to see them.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by tightpussy156: 9:50am On Feb 20, 2021
@op dump.the stingy fool.she is self centered, pride,stingy.if you marry this type of girl i sorry will be ur name.this one go.wait for you when salt an maggi finish till you come back you.give her money to buy salt cooking continues.this kind girls are liabilities big liabilities.99% of girls are like this.they can never spend their money.they keep theirs an spend the mans own.A woman that doesnt give solution to problem is a big liability who quote me wrong should hug transformer.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Chyma231(m): 9:50am On Feb 20, 2021
She is a fucking gold digger !!!!!!
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by idahme(m): 9:50am On Feb 20, 2021
Respect55:
A girl once visited me. I bought big-sized juice that we would use to eat. I prepared something nice upon her coming. During the meal, I want to serve myself a glass after she took hers but she refused asking if she wasn't the one I bought it for. I thought she was joking but I was wrong. I said okay, let me see how she will finish it.

This girl put the remaining juice inside her handbag while leaving.

It was her last time. I didn't pick her calls again after seeing her off and I didn't call too. Sent her a message that it was over.

Chineke napu ekwensu ike.

imagine if the drink was hers and not yours, if she can exhibit such stupidity with your drink what will she exhibit if she indeed got the drink herself. U did well to obliterate all ties between both of u.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:59am On Feb 20, 2021
Then no dey tell person, jara jara eeeee
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by general111(m): 10:06am On Feb 20, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Is she a Nigerian Lady how lucky are you, you should thank God o, Nigerian girls are something else
she is a nigerian bro..
I know i am lucky which is why i try to pamper her always

1 Like

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by tonyson010(m): 10:10am On Feb 20, 2021
Too bad.

Leave her.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by CSTRR: 10:20am On Feb 20, 2021
I can't marry a stingy lady.
She is useless .
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by lakefist(m): 10:28am On Feb 20, 2021

Pay attention. She would give you problem is you marry her.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Neoteny(m): 10:30am On Feb 20, 2021
She's stingy but she's staying with you for about a week giving you pussy for free?
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Easyluv2live(m): 10:40am On Feb 20, 2021
[quote author=EzegeNdiigbo post=99205606]Fake story
By Nobody

How can a bot be forging story like this and y'all are already commenting

SH!T

Fake or real it's happening that SH!T is real bro that kind of my life story up there but dat SH!T is for another day...
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by ezenwaez(m): 10:42am On Feb 20, 2021

If not for reproduction purposes I really do not think ladies are relevant
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by wildikeman(m): 10:51am On Feb 20, 2021
That's a typical Nigerian woman na

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Rocks Open Chest Outfit To Palazio Nightlife, Lagos Nightclub / Man Proposes To His Bedridden Girlfriend (Photos) / These Wedding Pictures Are Trending Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.