Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,488 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting (65380 Views)

Is He Being Selfish Or Self-centered? / "Marry Me Or I Die"— Lady Faints "Repeatedly" On A Busy Road In Lagos (Photos) / Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by PastorFire: 4:20am On Feb 20, 2021
Pegi23:
Op u are mad.nigerian men are stupid and wicked.you keep on forgetting useless bamboon

You said u gave her 1500 every time she come over �no lie u Bleep am�.she is not stingy rather u are stupid for forgetting to buy common 500 toothpaste.broke ass �..

Well I spend 50k on a student nigerian guy on val day thinking I have finally seen one the head is correct but found out he just wanted to milk me dry� typical nigerian blood sucking parasite..

Op you dey mad..mad goat
Madam calm down.. U sef stewpid like Nigerian men. How much do you have that you want to purchase a man?.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by PastorFire: 4:23am On Feb 20, 2021
Olisehinnocent:
Hope she is not Stingy with her punna cheesy If she's not continue digging it harder till you tire. If you tire, pursue her commot from your house.
How do you guys even dey reason dis sex matter sef 4 relationship?. Guy, it is not a favor (yes, even in relationship). It is mutually consented to for the pleasure of both.

1 Like

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by peacenow: 4:44am On Feb 20, 2021
Do I really need to take it into consideration or overlook?
I observe my girl friend is very stingy and selfish. I really don't need anything from her, I foot our bills from A - Z, I give her between 1500 to 5k as tfare, meanwhile the actual tfare from my place to hers is just 200 to and fro.

Ok the problem is some weeks ago she was at my place for some days, the 2nd day in the morning I realized my toothpaste has finished, having it in mind that I'm gonna buy another one on my way back later in the day, unfortunately I forgot to buy it despite buying stuff at the supermarket. But God so good as I was blaming myself for forgetting to buy it, she told me she has toothpaste in her bag so we used her toothpaste that morning. I kept forgetting to buy this toothpaste for the next 3 days, I had to cut the tube with knife so I can have something to brush my teeth but my girlfriend was quietly using her toothpaste alone and she will return it into her bag, she saw me tearing the tube but didnt occur to her to surrender her toothpaste until i bought mine the 5th day.

I really didn't count it initially but I have noticed other things and it's taking my mind back to the incidence. My girlfriend has never used her money to buy me a sachet of pure water or cheapest orange or whatever.

Another funny thing is when we are eating, sometimes she accused me of eating from her meat or taking from her drinks when i didn't even touch it. Imagine always trying to lay claim to 3 pieces out of 4.

Do I need to pay attention to some of the little details or overlook all because of love or am I overreacting?

NB : she's presently unemployed but never lack support from her parents and myself.

My question to you is this, What do you do for a living.
Have you been showing her your bank balance
How many times have you bought something and asked her to pay
Test her too, I see her testing you.

She came with a toothpaste may imply that she may have been raised that way.e.g. individual having his/her personal hygiene stuffs in a home. I was raised that way.
Both of you need to talk.
Have you ever tried to talk to her in this manner below:
1. I see you as being too careful by taking your stuffs as soon we used them. Why dear?
2. Ask her on the scale of one to ten, how much does she trust you and ask her of what she can not trust you with.
3. Ask her things she likes about you and things she does not like about you.
4, Talk about things you and her like and don't like in your relationship and how to fix them to improve your relationship

I have been married for almost 16 years, I met my wife in 1999. We started dating in late 2000 and got married in 2005 we are still together.
Know that you are from two different backgrounds.

I was raised in a face me I face you by a single father and my wife raised by two parents in their home that they built.

Mushin/Ikeja raised couples. We have our differences, I still think and behave in face me and face you style while/when needs arise as my wife thinks life is fair. I was not raised with driver, her family had a family driver.
My wife will never eat wthout meat of fish. Me I will eat without meat or fish. See life. I am blessed, now I live comfortably and can afford a driver if I want, you will get there.

If both of you put God first, it will be easy. God is love and love forgives. Just talk about it.

Let me tell you. You love her and that is why you are here. Talk to her and thank God later.

5 Likes

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Napolito: 5:18am On Feb 20, 2021
Omo u go suffer ooo, just chop her and let her go.

Her type may come from rich home and think ur eyes are on her parents wealth, so she dey show u now say even after marriage no think say you go chop from their money.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by iamme1234(m): 5:30am On Feb 20, 2021
The babe knew the only thing to satisfy you with his sex.She knew sex is your problem
So she uses sex to collect what you have @Op free that babe

I hate girls that can't contribute anything to my life only asking asking asking asking
Useless pussie hoes

1 Like

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by ariesbull: 5:32am On Feb 20, 2021
I observe my girl friend is very stingy and selfish. I really don't need anything from her, I foot our bills from A - Z, I give her between 1500 to 5k as tfare, meanwhile the actual tfare from my place to hers is just 200 to and fro.

Ok the problem is some weeks ago she was at my place for some days, the 2nd day in the morning I realized my toothpaste has finished, having it in mind that I'm gonna buy another one on my way back later in the day, unfortunately I forgot to buy it despite buying stuff at the supermarket. But God so good as I was blaming myself for forgetting to buy it, she told me she has toothpaste in her bag so we used her toothpaste that morning. I kept forgetting to buy this toothpaste for the next 3 days, I had to cut the tube with knife so I can have something to brush my teeth but my girlfriend was quietly using her toothpaste alone and she will return it into her bag, she saw me tearing the tube but didnt occur to her to surrender her toothpaste until i bought mine the 5th day.

I really didn't count it initially but I have noticed other things and it's taking my mind back to the incidence. My girlfriend has never used her money to buy me a sachet of pure water or cheapest orange or whatever.

Another funny thing is when we are eating, sometimes she accused me of eating from her meat or taking from her drinks when i didn't even touch it. Imagine always trying to lay claim to 3 pieces out of 4.

Do I need to pay attention to some of the little details or overlook all because of love or am I overreacting?

NB : she's presently unemployed but never lack support from her parents and myself.

Dump that girl... She would never support you

She is the give me always type

Run for your dear life
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by bladeAnders(m): 5:48am On Feb 20, 2021

no big deal here, it's normal with them, kinda fun with my girl if u undst the game
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Nobody: 6:02am On Feb 20, 2021
Yippeedaniel:
Delete this nonsense
Delete your brain
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Emiliano92: 6:05am On Feb 20, 2021
Bro, call her, sit her down...and talk to her maybe she feels it's a normal thing for her aii....but after talk she refuse, japa for ur life.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by zedman1(m): 6:09am On Feb 20, 2021
Why does my ex come to mind each time I read anything bad about women? Was there no good thing about her?... Just thinking.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Handsomecole(m): 6:12am On Feb 20, 2021
You should take it into consideration; some girls are extremely stingy not wanting to loose anything. Small things like these matter bro...
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by famto4luv2004(m): 6:20am On Feb 20, 2021
Thank God she is still your girl friend, If you love her to that extent, discuss with her and see if she will adjust and if she doesn’t, you too start saving your money for the lady that will eventually spend it,
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by lookingfly: 6:45am On Feb 20, 2021
Is she Igbo? I've come to realize that most Igbo gals I've come across have this attitude. Am not trying to paint the Igbo gals bad ooo.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by hakeem4(m): 6:57am On Feb 20, 2021
She’s wicked!
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by etimocity(m): 7:01am On Feb 20, 2021
your girlfriend are not stingy rather you're stingy. since you're playing with her intelligent let her show you intelligencer. you claims to have forgotten past but you're not forgotten to brush your teeth each day. to a point you has to cut the finishing past in front of her before brushing. and you expect her to be rejoicing and be chanting for you right? if that she has not came with her past na? is like she know the kind of man you are.

2 Likes

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Ingleesh: 7:12am On Feb 20, 2021
You said she's unemployed at the moment na....
Just delete this topic abeg
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by phazotron(m): 7:23am On Feb 20, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
This is what happens when you try to buy a woman's Love.

The mistake you Men make is you don't set Boundaries, You don't even have the Confidence to Express yourself in such a manner that when she Misbehaves, deep down inside her she'll know that you'll never tolerate/accept such behavior.

If You think she'll Change when she gets a job,( I pity you ),

If you also think she'll change when you guys get married ( Then I Pity you More ).

That's Nigerian guys for you...

Always forcing themselves on girls Wey no send them, girls Wey no even reach their level.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by wemmy01(m): 7:26am On Feb 20, 2021
She expect u to be the boss just like an average Nigeria girl, giving is expected from u. Just know when to say no to somethings she said or requested

My advice is sit down, think smarter with your head and make the best decision yourself

1 Like

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 20, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
This is what happens when you try to buy a woman's Love.

The mistake you Men make is you don't set Boundaries, You don't even have the Confidence to Express yourself in such a manner that when she Misbehaves, deep down inside her she'll know that you'll never tolerate/accept such behavior.

If You think she'll Change when she gets a job,( I pity you ),

If you also think she'll change when you guys get married ( Then I Pity you More ).

You don get !! i laugh when men complain whereas we men are the problem ... 70% of naija guys have the orientation money is the only way to get a girl and keep her, the ladies are aware so she comes into the r/ship entitled.
If Op could afford to be giving his babe 2k for TF that cost 200, why would she think he needs support to get a paste grin
most gurls have money in there account more than those guyz wanting to impress ... i just shame for men when i read messages on my babe phone, smh !

2 Likes

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by BRATISLAVA: 7:34am On Feb 20, 2021
Nazgul:
You're seeing the glaring red flags and you're still asking this question, na wa for you o.

Many average and hungry girls have this silly orientation that it's a man's responsibility to cater for them, and that notion has made them so stupid and lazy that to them contributing or assisting their guy who has always been there for them is like taking care of a boy and such is seen as a taboo in their dictionary and should not be heard of.

My advise is for you to let her go for your own good so as to avoid stories that touch the heart in future.

She doesn't love you. Love is sacrificial, anyone you're with that clames to love you and can't inconvenience him/herself just to make you feel comfortable is just in that relationship for personal/selfish gains.

He said she's unemployed, but her family take care of her. How does that make her average and hungry? Or it never occurred to you that rich men have daughters they provide all their needs for, too? She never forced him to give her money, but he decided he's going to be paying her for a week of sex and sympathizing with her unemployment status.

How you concluded that she's average and hungry is interesting, or an indicator that you don't read because you're already biased against girls.

1 Like

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Ben404040: 7:36am On Feb 20, 2021
Dz one here has never bought pure water for me b4 for the past years. Have told her severely but the stinginess will not allow her.
Have already taken my decision though.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by kense88: 7:41am On Feb 20, 2021

they will tell you it doesn't matter, but it does actually matter. I would stop giving her gifts if i were you
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Mozegee: 7:42am On Feb 20, 2021
I have been married for 8 years and I have a little experience on marriage issues. Any woman who is so stingy to the extent of hiding a common toothpaste is not good for marriage. Kindly find a way to leave her before it is too late. I thank God she is showing you her real colour.what of if u guys marry tommorow and things goes the other way and she is the bread winner of the family. Don't u think you will die before ur time. Brother kindly have a rethink,there are many good ladies out there who are ready to help or at least contribute to their relationship.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by BRATISLAVA: 7:44am On Feb 20, 2021
Stillrealhomee:
THIS IS AN UPDATE

She's not from a poor background, not so rich either but not lacking.

We're both of marriageable age and I am considering marrying her but I haven't spilled the question yet. She's actually waiting for that.

The reason I am giving her the tfare is just to support her in my own little way, doesn't mean I'm paying her for sex.

I think my mistake is not discussing my observations with her but i sarcastically yab her about the meat.

When it comes to calling a spade a spade, I don't lack in that aspect, I am just keeping quiet so I can really know her true nature. I really don't dig a relationship where I have to change my partner to my taste, if she doesn't fit she doesn't fit, if I can't cope with her imperfections then it's just wise to move on and stop complaining.

Having a toothpaste in her bag? Hmmm...

Thank you all for your suggestions.

If you need to explain that she isn't poor, when you first stated it in your original post, it tells you that most of the people commenting cannot read and taking their advice will result in mistakes.

These are poor men and men lashed by poverty, all they see is money, even when it's not the issue.

As some have said, simply ask her why she appears to be stingy. She simply looks like a person who likes her space, maybe introverted and not brought up sharing things. Tell her you like to share some things, and explain your own upbringing.

Everything isn't about stingy girls, because some girls are the ones giving that money you're giving her to their guys on a daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Mozegee: 7:45am On Feb 20, 2021
Take ur decision fast
Ben404040:
Dz one here has never bought pure water for me b4 for the past years. Have told her severely but the stinginess will not allow her.
Have already taken my decision though.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by ndidibabe(f): 7:47am On Feb 20, 2021

I am trying hard to understand the situation. Your GF carries toothpaste around? This is a sign that she doesn't sleep in one place.
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by trudpo: 7:54am On Feb 20, 2021
Give her another chance. Let her know it is bad then test her again and again before taking the decision. Some people need someone to tell them.
Bola146:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin See me laughing seriously here cheesy cheesy cheesy ""..Imagine always trying to lay claim to 3 pieces out of 4 "" " cheesy cheesy cheesy FFO but she can't contribute ordinary #500 toothpaste OMG cheesy

No matter how small the amount is, if your spouse is not stingy, please contribute financially and materially to your relationship!!!! She is stingy! Haba now, she would have not returned the paste to her bag. You can tell her if she will change, maybe she doesn't know it's a bad thing, tell her please cheesy
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by Xpol: 8:12am On Feb 20, 2021
If a woman truly loves you she can give you her school fees, she can give you anything. If a woman trust you she can be giving you all her monthly salary and you’ll be giving her pocket money from it but when she’s acting otherwise just know that she doesn’t truly love you. One thing I don’t like in women is they keep record of everything they’re doing for you and any mistake from you they’ll start mentioning...
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by ambssp: 8:13am On Feb 20, 2021
My brother break the relationship even don't break it , just end it.. because a lady must be able to sacrifice and hospitality
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by abimic(m): 8:14am On Feb 20, 2021
Pmedia7787:
If your girl is never a solution to a situation in your live..then forget her

If the person you are planning to marry isn't helpful in anyway and you found yourself always trying to make both of you better in all wise...you are suffering...

If you find yourself complaining about real genuine stuff such as mistake from the person consistently... Just forget it and move on
Odogwu.....
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by TemmyT002(m): 8:17am On Feb 20, 2021

Is she from Ekiti?
Kikikikikiki
Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by basadenet: 8:17am On Feb 20, 2021
it has shown that the lady is very stingy, selfish and. very dangerous to live it. have a rethink before you enter one chance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Khaliah, American Lady In Search Of Nigerian Man Who Is The Father Of Her Son / Nigerian Lady Shoots Her Shot At A Fine Man With Special Offer / Man Proposes To His Bedridden Girlfriend (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.