Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN (31428 Views)

Peter Obi's Anambra-Central Senatorial Campaign Poster (picture) / Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Uche Ekwunife Affirmed The Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial District (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by dayokanu(m): 6:15pm On Apr 10, 2011
Knight1:

@dk
there's no how pdp is going to get 40 senators. ACN has about 34 and counting as of this moment, cpc,23 and counting.

In only know of the SW and Edo where ACN has swept.

Which other senatorial seats has ACN won?

So how would they make 40 seats
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by fingard02k(m): 6:16pm On Apr 10, 2011
I don't know what to say about this result.I can't say whether its free or not.But all the same.She is my preferred candidate
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Obiagu1(m): 6:17pm On Apr 10, 2011
rdokoye:

How are Igbo people going to benefit from practicing “primitive” tribal politics? Not surprised by CPC’s turnout in the North, the North being the most impoverished region of the country were tribalism seems to be most rife; any platonic minded individual would be able to see the correlation between high levels of tribalism and mass poverty. Unless you think Igbo people should join the ranks of “begging”.

Corrected below

How are Igbo people going to benefit from practicing “primitive” tribal politics? Not surprised by CPC’s turnout in the North, the North being the most impoverished region of the country were tribalism seems to be most rife; any platonic minded individual would be able to see the correlation between high levels of tribalism and mass poverty. Same with ACN's turnout in the SouthWest, the SouthWest being rife with tribalism; any platonic minded individual would equally see the correlation between high levels of tribalism and mass poverty. Unless you think Igbo people should join the ranks of “begging”.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by nwabobo: 6:24pm On Apr 10, 2011
rdokoye:

How are Igbo people going to benefit from practicing “primitive” tribal politics? Not surprised by CPC’s turnout in the North, the North being the most impoverished region of the country were tribalism seems to be most rife; any platonic minded individual would be able to see the correlation between high levels of tribalism and mass poverty. Unless you think Igbo people should join the ranks of “begging”.

We know the tribe that plays tribal politics and it's not mentioned in the quote above. They have never voted for a national party. Baba only rigged them in in 2003/2007.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by sbeezy8: 6:26pm On Apr 10, 2011
^^^ haha lolz

sw dey laugh ohhh
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 6:30pm On Apr 10, 2011
nwabobo:

We know the tribe that plays tribal politics and it's not mentioned in the quote above. They have never voted for a national party. Baba only rigged them in in 2003/2007.

Another daft statement by a myopic poster.

How many National parties have we ever had as a Nation If we all vote for a national party, who is the opposition then The SW has always been the OPPOSITION since independence and rightly so. That is why their region is developed, since independence.
We, as a nation, need another party to keep looters at bay! We all cannot keep our eggs in one basket and that is what the SW does! Go figure!!!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Obiagu1(m): 6:35pm On Apr 10, 2011
jason123:

Another daft statement by a myopic poster.

How many National parties have we ever had as a Nation If we all vote for a national party, who is the opposition then The SW has always been the OPPOSITION since independence and rightly so. That is why their region is developed, since independence.
We, as a nation, need another party to keep looters at bay! We all cannot keep our eggs in one basket and that is what the SW does! Go figure!!!

Don't confuse tribalism with the need to create opposition. SW only vote SW. In the North, they have PDP, ANPP, CPC, in the SE they have PDP, PPA, APGA, in the SS they have PDP, DPP, ACN and in the SW they have ACN   It should be balanced!
By the way, how is the region more developed than others? Thank God for former capital of the federal republic of Nigeria.

Tell that to a dog sad Hypocrisy will kill you all.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by sbeezy8: 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

Don't confuse tribalism with the need to create opposition. SW only vote SW. In the North, they have PDP, ANPP, CPC, in the SE they have PDP, PPA, APGA, in the SS they have PDP, DPP, ACN and in the SW they have ACN It should be balanced!
By the way, how is the region more developed than others? Thank God for former capital of the federal republic of Nigeria.

sw has LB aswell. but how does voting for a nationsal party benefit the SW?

its better to vote for any regional party when the "national" one has failed.

presidential votes in the will be split between GEJ the clown, buhari the old man, and ribadu the clueless.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by dayokanu(m): 6:41pm On Apr 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

Don't confuse tribalism with the need to create opposition. SW only vote SW. In the North, they have PDP, ANPP, CPC, [size=18pt]in the SE they have PDP, PPA, APGA[/size], in the SS they have PDP, DPP, ACN and in the SW they have ACN   It should be balanced!

Tell that to a dog  sad  Hypocrisy will kill you all.

Can you give us the stats of the SE which makes it more balanced than the SW or can we call Bullshit on that assertion as well?

I bet Labour Party has more grounds in SW than APGA in SE.

Accord has more grounds in SW than PPA has in SE.

Compared to the SE, SW is still far more balanced. You can bring out your facts and figures

The only difference is that SE still prefer the PDP
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

Don't confuse tribalism with the need to create opposition. SW only vote SW. In the North, they have PDP, ANPP, CPC, in the SE they have PDP, PPA, APGA, in the SS they have PDP, DPP, ACN and in the SW they have ACN  It should be balanced!

You forgot LP in ondo and lagos east shocked . Na wa ooo! OR PDP before this election Do you think if Fashola and other ACN governor were rubbish, they will not be voted out Think again!

Anyway, We need an opposition, a national party and that is what ACN is trying to do by spreading.

Acn wants to unite the South (including the middle belt), before going to the north but some people have sworn not to see unity in the South and its a lie!!! The political unity of the south WILL happen.
Look at CPC? See the way they are sweeping the north like a tsunami. What about the south Why must we southerners be divided just because of tribalism and the fear to some so stu.pid, it begs believe.

We south and NC must, should and will unite political, if not, then, we have ourselves to blame for what ever happen 2015 after GEJ!!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Obiagu1(m): 6:43pm On Apr 10, 2011
sbeezy8:

sw has LB aswell. but how does voting for a nationsal party benefit the SW?

its better to vote for any regional party when the "national" one has failed.

presidential votes in the will be split between GEJ the clown, buhari the old man, and ribadu the clueless.

I'm still waiting to hear where LP won as if everyone in other parties are clueless, evil and unelectable except those in ACN.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by EzeUche(m): 6:43pm On Apr 10, 2011
ACN must be resisted in the East at all cost. We must beat them at the River Niger. And if we can, push them out of the Igbo areas in Delta state. They must never make inroads into the east.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by dayokanu(m): 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

I'm still waiting to hear where LP won as if everyone in other parties are clueless, evil and unelectable except those in ACN.

You keep peddling your ignorance.

FYI Labour party swept Ondo State, APGA cant sweep any state.

At the moment, Accord won more seats than PPA

SE is still under the apron strings of the PDP a party that desnt even care about them
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by EzeUche(m): 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2011
^^^

Better to be under PDP than under ACN. It is a necessary evil.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

Corrected below

How are Igbo people going to benefit from practicing “primitive” tribal politics? Not surprised by CPC’s turnout in the North, the North being the most impoverished region of the country were tribalism seems to be most rife; any platonic minded individual would be able to see the correlation between high levels of tribalism and mass poverty. Same with ACN's turnout in the SouthWest, the SouthWest being rife with tribalism; any platonic minded individual would equally see the correlation between high levels of tribalism and mass poverty. Unless you think Igbo people should join the ranks of “begging”.

Thank you obiagu1.

I can see in some really strange minds Igbo's are primitive because they did not vote a Yoruba party in there home area. I laugh in Yoruba!
I think if thats a crime Awolowo is already guilty of that, may be we learnt from him and Tinubu.

My advise to you Yoruba Guys: Just know that just because you make a lot of noise on the media. does not mean Igbo's even hear or give a thought to what you say.

@Ifyalways

Ngige is good and great, but he is trying to introduce another tribes ethnic party into Igboland. Not just Igboland but the beating heart of Igboland. That will only happen when APGA has done same twice in the SW.  Have you sat down to consider the political implication of that precedence being established?

If you really think Nigeria has gone beyond ethnic sentiments in politics, then you must be dreaming. That will only happen when every region relies on her own generated resources. As long as resources continue to be competed for at the center, its all man to his folks.  

Ngige must not become like that one solder who because he wanted and felt passion for Nigeria, initiated a coup without consulting his ethnic leaders. His actions initiated the killing of more than 2 million Igbos not counting those who died in the initial pogroms. Lost us our position and bargaining  power. We must not abuse our individuality in Igbo land, nor can we be expressing love for Nigeria, which other ethnic groups do not have.  

We love Ngige, if he should still love to lead us, he should move to APGA or PDP, there is space for him!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 6:46pm On Apr 10, 2011
EzeUche:

ACN must be resisted in the East at all cost. We must beat them at the River Niger. And if we can, push them out of the Igbo areas in Delta state. They must never make inroads into the east.  

You always make no sense! You were the one that said you see this as North vs South. Now, its ACN vs Igbo abi I pity you.
By the time 2015 comes and the south is not united, we all know who will lose and win, don't we

The north will probably rally round their own, they just need to pick a SS or SW vp and that is it!!! The eastern political irrelevance will be like an open sore.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by dayokanu(m): 6:47pm On Apr 10, 2011
EzeUche:

ACN doesnt care about you, You can stick to your Papa Deceive Pikin. A party whose regards for the SE is at best Deputy Senate president and deposed Party chairman.

I dey laff ooooo
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ektbear: 6:47pm On Apr 10, 2011
Looks like Ngige won't even have to be the one to resist this. Read the Igbo online forums, see what people are saying there  grin

The APGA/Peter Obi rigging machine will not prevail.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by dayokanu(m): 6:49pm On Apr 10, 2011
EzeUche:

^^^

Better to be under PDP than under ACN. It is a necessary evil.

Yoruba under PDP 1999 - 2007 Number 1 Position presidency

SE under PDP 1999-2007 Number 3 Senate presidency

SW under PDP 2007-2011 Number 4 position Speaker

SE under PDP 2007-2011 Number 5 Deputy Senate President
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by EzeUche(m): 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2011
The sins of Awolowo continue to make the Igbo distrust our brethren West of the River Niger. It is as simple as that. God forbid, ACN make inroads into the East. We have not forgotten betrayal done by Awolowo and his comrades. As long as my father and grandfather is living, I shall never vote for any tribal affiliated party from the SW.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2011
@Jason123
There is nothing like South, there may be a North, but there is no South. There is the East and the West, and the civil war ensured that it will remain so for a very very long time.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2011
dayokanu:

ACN doesnt care about you, You can stick to your Papa Deceive Pikin. A party whose regards for the SE is at best Deputy Senate president and deposed Party chairman.

I dey laff ooooo

Dayo, the juicy question is not now. Now is not the time to laugh. 2015 will be the laughing year if we do not unite politically. ACN will probaly win some NC states and Northern states. *giggles* @ APGA!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by EzeUche(m): 6:51pm On Apr 10, 2011
KenGali:

@Jason123
There is nothing like South, there may be a North, but there is no South. There is the East and the West, and the civil war ensured that it will remain so for a very very long time.

Gbam!

You know the truth.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by EzeUche(m): 6:53pm On Apr 10, 2011
jason123:

Dayo, the juicy question is not now. Now is not the time to laugh. 2015 will be the laughing year if we do not unite politically. ACN will probaly win some NC states and Northern states. *giggles* @ APGA!

As long as they stay out of Igbo sphere of influence, then we shall all be ok. You seen what happened with ACN in Akwa Ibom state.

There is a reason why Awolowo is the most hated man in the East. Not only in the East, but even in Delta state as well. Just ask Beaf about his opinion of Awolowo.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Obiagu1(m): 6:53pm On Apr 10, 2011
dayokanu:

You keep peddling your ignorance.

FYI Labour party swept Ondo State, APGA cant sweep any state.

At the moment, Accord won more seats than PPA

SE is still under the apron strings of the PDP a party that desnt even care about them

I'm still waiting to see the result of LP in Ondo State.
FYI, PDP is more like an Igbo party too, Ekwueme founded the party and it lead to massive endorsement of the party in the East and that won't end overnight, that's why APGA is struggling.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by sbeezy8: 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2011
haha

ACN  not even looking at the SE  its more SW SS and NC - thats what really matter

SE would be better under APGA but i forgot APGA is under PDP lol

stand on ur own feet gosh
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by EzeUche(m): 6:55pm On Apr 10, 2011
It is funny that in every forum. The Igbo seem united in preventing ACN from making any inroad into the East. God bless my Igbo brethren who are fighting this threat from the West. I feared that this would happen.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by EzeUche(m): 6:57pm On Apr 10, 2011
Chris Ngige needs to leave ACN. He has a brighter future if joins forces with APGA. Peter Obi and Ngige need to make amends with each other and champion the Eastern cause.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 6:57pm On Apr 10, 2011
KenGali:

@Jason123

Do you even know what happened The civil war was seen by different people differently! It takes two to tango. You invaded the MW and tried to invade the West after bombing Lagos, what do you expect them to do Especially after when Awolowo said the fight was between the North and the East
Not only that, you killed all the leaders of your neighbouring tribes simply because they do not support your Biafra. Also, you disrespected the Ijaws. Azikwe, joined the North against Awolowo, politically speaking.
Yet, you want to make it seem like it is the yoruba's fault NEVER! I hate lies!!!

EzeUche:

The sins of Awolowo continue to make the Igbo distrust our brethren West of the River Niger. It is as simple as that. God forbid, ACN make inroads into the East. We have not forgotten betrayal done by Awolowo and his comrades. As long as my father and grandfather is living, I shall never vote for any tribal affiliated party from the SW.

Your opinion is irrelevant! Do you not see need for use to unite politically I mean, how daft can some of my southern brothers be?
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by AljUche: 6:58pm On Apr 10, 2011
KenGali:

Thank you obiagu1.

I can see in some really strange minds Igbo's are primitive because they did not vote a Yoruba party in there home area. I laugh in Yoruba!
I think if thats a crime Awolowo is already guilty of that, may be we learnt from him and Tinubu.

My advise to you Yoruba Guys: Just know that just because you make a lot of noise on the media. does not mean Igbo's even hear or give a thought to what you say.

@Ifyalways

Ngige is good and great, but he is trying to introduce another tribes ethnic party into Igboland. Not just Igboland but the beating heart of Igboland. That will only happen when APGA has done same twice in the SW.  Have you sat down to consider the political implication of that precedence being established?

If you really think Nigeria has gone beyond ethnic sentiments in politics, then you must be dreaming. That will only happen when every region relies on her own generated resources. As long as resources continue to be competed for at the center, its all man to his folks.  

Ngige must not become like that one solder who because he wanted and felt passion for Nigeria, initiated a coup without consulting his ethnic leaders. His actions initiated the killing of more than 2 million Igbos not counting those who died in the initial pogroms. Lost us our position and bargaining  power. We must not abuse our individuality in Igbo land, nor can we be expressing love for Nigeria, which other ethnic groups do not have.  

We love Ngige, if he should still love to lead us, he should move to APGA or PDP, there is space for him!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

thank you
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin SMH
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by dayokanu(m): 6:58pm On Apr 10, 2011
EzeUche:

Keep looking at Awolowo a man who probably died before you were born while SE continue to play 5th fiddle within the PDP
Obiagu1:

I'm still waiting to see the result of LP in Ondo State.
FYI, PDP is more like an Igbo party too, Ekwueme founded the party and it lead to massive endorsement of the party in the East and that won't end overnight, that's why APGA is struggling.

PDP Igbo party mu he he I dey laff scatter o

An Igbo party where a Yoruba man has been President for a larger part of their history.

An Igbo party Where SE still queue way behind Yorubas?

Yoruba under PDP 1999 - 2007 Number 1 Position presidency

SE under PDP 1999-2007 Number 3 Senate presidency

SW under PDP 2007-2011 Number 4 position Speaker

SE under PDP 2007-2011 Number 5 Deputy Senate President
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ektbear: 6:59pm On Apr 10, 2011
Which Aniocha Progressive Grand Alliance should Chris Ngige join? Why should he join a sickly, weak party? What is in it for him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Top Politicians Woo Senators With $50,000 Each To Impeach Saraki - Daily Indept. / Buhari Passed 8 Bills Into Law. / Sanwo-olu: I’ve Lost Weight In Just One Week As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.