Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN (31429 Views)

Peter Obi's Anambra-Central Senatorial Campaign Poster (picture) / Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Uche Ekwunife Affirmed The Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial District (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ektbear: 4:19pm On Apr 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

It's impossible for Ngige to win in Anaocha, my LGA, when both the governor and Dora are from there.
So your post about thuggery can be anything but truth, probably the ACN guy was there causing trouble.

That is obviously not the issue; no one is claiming he'd win outright there. I am questioning the margin of victory though. It seems suspicious.

1) Why were the results released so late?
2) Is there any connection between the voter intimidation and the lack of votes for the ACN there?
3) Why the tribalist politics by Peter Obi and APGA?
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2011
ifyalways:

@Metalggong,Anambra is my home state.
Please tell me what Peter Obi has done. . .before we start comparing him with anyone!

Spending millions to buy computers(debatable)for schools without roofs?

Spending millions to construct "pit latrines" ?

Please educate me,point out "actual" things that OBI has done.

Dora does NOT even come into question here NOW,She has NOT held any political office for her state so there is no grounds to start rating her statewise.

Because she is in an "Igbo party" and Ngige is in a "yoruba party"!!!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ektbear: 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2011
Jason, dude, chill out. You are being way too dramatic here. Calm down.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Obiagu1(m): 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2011
ekt_bear:

That is obviously not the issue; no one is claiming he'd win outright there. I am questioning the margin of victory though. It seems suspicious.

2) Is there any connection between the voter intimidation and the lack of votes for the ACN there?

. . . and why did ACN sweep the SW? Are there no good men running in other parties if it's not tribal politics?

You guys are just a bunch of hypocrites.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 4:22pm On Apr 10, 2011
ekt_bear:

I wonder too ooo, brother. Before long, that eddiot called Onlytruth will start saying yorubas are tribalist.

Well, I now know who the tribalist are.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ektbear: 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

. . . and why did ACN sweep SW? Are there no good men running in other parties if it's not tribal politics?

The ACN is sweeping the SW, taking names and kicking backside over ALL of Nigeria simply beause they are the best organized, best run, and most strategic party in the nation. That they can go deep into Anambra and kick backside in APGAs backyard, that APGA has to rig and intimate voters to eke out a win should tell you the formidable strength of my party.

Now, if they can do that in APGAs stronghold, what do you think they will do in the SW, a place where the PDP has performed miserably?

I understand, you want to blame another's success on "tribal politics." When a Fashola beats a Dosunmu, no doubt that will also be "tribal politics"  grin

Anyway, we've not seen the end of this story. Ngige will not go down without a fight, as his antecedents have shown. . .
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2011
ekt_bear:

Jason, dude, chill out. You are being way too dramatic here. Calm down.

Dapo, I am really pissed off with the way these people are holding down the political progress of the south right from Zik's time with Bello to now. I want the south to unite. This was the main reason I joined this website or forum. I really want the south to unite!!!! angry sad

Obiagu1:

. . . and why did ACN sweep the SW? Are there no good men running in other parties if it's not tribal politics?

You guys are just a bunch of hypocrites.

Can you tell me a bad ACN governor or representative apart from Tinubu who has to play dirty politics as a necessity
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by roxell120(m): 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2011
if anyone is expected to be in the house,its prof dora akunyili because she is the only only i can see vying for that seat out of patriotism knowing her records.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ektbear: 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2011
On that note, I'm done with this thread for now. There is nothing more to be said until the official results come out. . . hopefully the Agulu Progressives Grand Alliance doesn't win
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Metalgoong(m): 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2011
ifyalways:

@Metalggong,Anambra is my home state.
Please tell me what Peter Obi has done. . .before we start comparing him with anyone!

Spending millions to buy computers(debatable)for schools without roofs?

Spending millions to construct "pit latrines" ?

Please educate me,point out "actual" things that OBI has done.

Dora does NOT even come into question here NOW,She has NOT held any political office for her state so there is no grounds to start rating her statewise.

If you are really from Anambra state, then tell us  the so called achievements of the Okija priest( NGIGE) that qualifies him to be cmpared with one of the best performing governors in Nigeria. I guess his achievement was his kidnappings and revelations of naked oath taking; events that painted the perception of Anambra in  bad light. . . . . .  What do you mean that Dora has not held any political office . . . . I think our arguement ends her.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Obiagu1(m): 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2011
Metalgoong:

If you are really from Anambra state, then tell us the so called achievements of the Okija priest( NGIGE) that qualifies him to be cmpared with one of the best performing governors in Nigeria. I guess his achievement was his kidnappings and revelations of unclothed oath taking; events that painted the perception of Anambra in bad light. . . . . . What do you mean that Dora has not held any political office . . . . I think our arguement ends her.

Don't mind her, she should concentrate on her constituency.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jmaine: 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2011
ekt_bear:

On that note, I'm done with this thread for now. There is nothing more to be said until the official results come out. . . hopefully the Agulu Progressives Grand Alliance doesn't win

So you are just realizing that nairaland results except a few confirmed ones are just circus related .
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ifyalways(f): 4:33pm On Apr 10, 2011
@Metalgong,whatever feat we all think/believe that Dora has got for herself was rubbished when she:
Joined Obi who is a failure and HUGE curse to Anambarians.
Deflected from PDP to APGA,with her s.illy excuse forgetting that 6 months ago,she was with the same PDP acting as their mouthpiece.

@Jason,I don't know what u are on abt.ONLY a FOOOOL,in this present day after all the pains we have endured in the hands of the looters-in-power wud vote for any candidate based on tribal or party affiliations.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 4:36pm On Apr 10, 2011
ifyalways:

@Metalgong,whatever feat we all think/believe that Dora has got for herself was rubbished when she:
Joined Obi who is a failure and HUGE curse to Anambarians.
Deflected from PDP to APGA,with her s.illy excuse forgetting that 6 months ago,she was with the same PDP acting as their mouthpiece.

@Jason,I don't know what u are on abt.ONLY a FOOOOL,in this present day after all the pains we have endured in the hands of the looters-in-power wud vote for any candidate based on tribal or party affiliations.

Thank you jare, my sister!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Obiagu1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 10, 2011
I wouldn't wait to tell Ngige screw you if he lost.
I grew up with him in the same neighbourhood, we came from the same area but I hate to see him becoming st.upid everyday.
My folks are tough breeds and we don't fool around.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by chigo4u: 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2011
come, enough of this rattlings. CHRIS NGIGE of ACN has been declared winner already. Have you guys been hiding under the rock or something?Ngige has won and no other results are expected. Madam, sorry, you can test your popularity with local govenment election. Obi will give it to you. Anybody who debates this stuff again needs to get a life and metalgong congrats for having madam win in 'your'  constituency
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ifyalways(f): 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2011
Metalgoong,I've asked twice what are Obis achivements?

Why are u rushing to compare him when you cant even pin point a single thing he has done?

BTWN,I said Dora has NOT held a pol. appointment statewise before now,how could u miss that and twist it,huh?

WHAT HAS OBI DONE?

You all with ur tribal sentiments are plain disgusting!!!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by nwaafo1: 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2011
chigo4u:

come, enough of this rattlings. CHRIS NGIGE of ACN has been declared winner already. Have you guys been hiding under the rock or something?Ngige has won and no other results are expected. Madam, sorry, you can test your popularity with local govenment election. Obi will give it to you. Anybody who debates this stuff again needs to get a life and metalgong congrats for having madam win in 'your' constituency
any proof?
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ifyalways(f): 4:50pm On Apr 10, 2011
LOL@Chigo,forgive me,Im mobile.

I really can't wait to get the confirmation from ma people @ home that the best candidate ie NGIGE has been declared winner.

Tribal candidates and their supporters can quietly try LGA as u said,lol
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Metalgoong(m): 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2011
chigo4u:

come, enough of this rattlings. CHRIS NGIGE of ACN has been declared winner already. Have you guys been hiding under the rock or something?Ngige has won and no other results are expected. Madam, sorry, you can test your popularity with local govenment election. Obi will give it to you. Anybody who debates this stuff again needs to get a life and metalgong congrats for having madam win in 'your'  constituency

Boy dont worry, although Ngige will shamefully be retired by the Amazon of ndigbo, your school tuition is still guaranteed.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Onlytruth(m): 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2011
I have a hunch that this election is not over until we hear from INEC.

I have said it that Peter Obi has a PERSONAL interest in this election, and he and Dora come from the most populous LGA in this zone. So, lets wait.

All these Yoruba folks trying to shout us down have not explained why ONLY ACN is doing well in SW.
You could never convince a smart guy that other parties lack credible candidates.

I also said somewhere that Ngige (if he wins) will get to the national assembly to find out that he will not be given any leadership post, afterall he is from SE. Then states with majority ACN (SW states of course) will grab all the juicy posts, leaving Ngige with an empty bag. At that point, his victory will become our defeat, his gain then becomes our loss . cry

That is why this election goes far beyond personal achievements and personalities. You have to be able to represent your zone very well at the national assembly. I don' t see how Ngige can effectively do that in ACN. He will suffer from the same disease of negligence by those in PDP.

Someone should please launch a MASSIVE political education in Igboland. We appear the worst political illiterates!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Metalgoong(m): 5:04pm On Apr 10, 2011
heheheheheheh . . . .  By next month, the Okija Priest will be pursuing two different cases at the tribunal . What a shamless serial loser !!! sad sad
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Obiagu1(m): 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2011
Metalgoong:

heheheheheheh . . . . By next month, the Okija Priest will be pursuing two different cases at the tribunal . What a shamless serial loser !!! sad sad

He has never won any election before and hopefully will not win this one.
He's a disgrace to my neighbourhood and my constituency; a top politician that wants to bring ACN to my hometown. angry
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by seanet02: 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2011
Metalgong is back and worse off.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Oghamilton(m): 5:34pm On Apr 10, 2011
How many election results have been released by inec in Anambra?
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On Apr 10, 2011
With ACN sweeping all SW states thats like 20 senators already (6 SW states plus Edo)

CPC also putting up a good show in the North

Any addition would be a blessing.

It might end up being like ACN 25 Senators, CPC-30 senators, ANPP- 10, PDP- 40, APGA- 6

That still looks like a balanced House to me
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by rdokoye: 5:51pm On Apr 10, 2011
ifyalways:

Metalgoong,I've asked twice what are Obis achivements?

Why are u rushing to compare him when you cant even pin point a single thing he has done?

BTWN,I said Dora has NOT held a pol. appointment statewise before now,how could u miss that and twist it,huh?

WHAT HAS OBI DONE?

You all with your tribal sentiments are plain disgusting!!!

Here's is a synopsis of what Obi has done: http://issuu.com/henleymedia/docs/invest-in-anambra-state
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Knight1(m): 5:52pm On Apr 10, 2011
@dk
there's no how pdp is going to get 40 senators. ACN has about 34 and counting as of this moment, cpc,23 and counting.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by rdokoye: 5:55pm On Apr 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

I have a hunch that this election is not over until we hear from INEC.

I have said it that Peter Obi has a PERSONAL interest in this election, and he and Dora come from the most populous LGA in this zone. So, lets wait.

All these Yoruba folks trying to shout us down have not explained why ONLY ACN is doing well in SW.
You could never convince a smart guy that other parties lack credible candidates.

I also said somewhere that Ngige (if he wins) will get to the national assembly to find out that he will not be given any leadership post, afterall he is from SE. Then states with majority ACN (SW states of course) will grab all the juicy posts, leaving Ngige with an empty bag. At that point, his victory will become our defeat, his gain then becomes our loss . cry

That is why this election goes far beyond personal achievements and personalities. You have to be able to represent your zone very well at the national assembly. I don' t see how Ngige can effectively do that in ACN. He will suffer from the same disease of negligence by those in PDP.

Someone should please launch a MASSIVE political education in Igboland. We appear the worst political illiterates!

How are Igbo people going to benefit from practicing “primitive” tribal politics? Not surprised by CPC’s turnout in the North, the North being the most impoverished region of the country were tribalism seems to be most rife; any platonic minded individual would be able to see the correlation between high levels of tribalism and mass poverty. Unless you think Igbo people should join the ranks of “begging”.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by presido1: 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2011
@Ify,

Is Arochukwu in Amambra State? Thought its Ebonyi or Abia.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by rdokoye: 6:11pm On Apr 10, 2011
presido1:

@Ify,

Is Arochukwu in Amambra State? Thought its Ebonyi or Abia.

No, in Abia State
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 6:12pm On Apr 10, 2011
rdokoye:

How are Igbo people going to benefit from practicing “primitive” tribal politics? Not surprised by CPC’s turnout in the North, the North being the most impoverished region of the country were tribalism seems to be most rife; any platonic minded individual would be able to see the correlation between high levels of tribalism and mass poverty. Unless you think Igbo people should join the ranks of “begging”.

Thank you for educating that bloody tribalist!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Buhari Passed 8 Bills Into Law. / Sanwo-olu: I’ve Lost Weight In Just One Week As Governor / Supreme Court To Hear Ihedioha’s Fresh Application February 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.