Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,149 members, 7,860,120 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:04 AM

Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States (12147 Views)

Who Is More Relaxed Here (GMB Or GEJ) In The Meeting With John Kerry / Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? / The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by yarodin: 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2011
Desola:

Why do you lie so? why? I would like to think that you are somewhat educated and have made use of your local library to read up on the war and not the one handed down by a bigoted elder from your community.

The war wasn't between Yorubas and Igbos, it was between Nigeria and Igbo but why you choose to blame it all on the Yorubas beats me. This is the reason why you as a people would never rise in Nigeria because you are very divisive and hateful. You hate Awolowo so much but can't keep away from his land. The fact is that Yorubas are quite fine with you living among them so long you tow the line. We are very hospitable people despite the tribalistic bullshit you people come up with.

You lot can't even prosper in your barren lands, you have to move SW. The stink in Lagos today was brought about by your filth from the east! Still for the sake of peace and in sympathy for your loss in the Biafra war, we accomodate you. If truly the Yoruba states are tribalistic, we would have stiffled you out long ago but the fact that you can continue with your businesses peacefully shows how loving you are.

Personally, i've lived among Igbos, Bendalites (as we called them back then) and interracted with Hausa and never knew that you held such deep seated hatred for us but guess what, the battle is on! I never had problems with the "Bendelites", but somehow something was slightly odd with your kinfolks.

Guess what, you are pushing us and now we are realising that you don't wish us well and don't want us to prosper but guess what? You are not even on the playing field, you are not even an entity. All your ilks pedel against the SW is hatred and guess what, we didn't notice you but not anymore, this nonsense has to stop!

Igbos live everywhere in Nigeria so what is your freaking point? Afterall you yourself live in another country so why can't an Igbo live anywhere inside his own country.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:44pm On Apr 14, 2011
Hmmm. And all this time I thought Orikinla was Igbo based on his comments about Biafra and Igbos from way back. Because of those comments I still think he's Igbo. I don't know how people are getting that he's Ijaw or Yoruba when he hasn't identified as such.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by mbatuku1: 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2011
Desola:

In your wildest dreams! Lets get real here. Who is going to vote for an Igbo president except the Igbos? The North can't stand you and you detest the west, so they reciprocate in kind. The SS would disown you so as not to stand out as th sore thumb (really, they don't like you either). The closest you can get to the presidency is being number 2 and that only has a very tiny chance.

The whole of Nigeria with the exception of yourselves, do not trust you!

You all better stick to selling your spare parts and making mediocre movies, abegi!

grin grin grin

Fustrated bittch
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EzeUche(m): 9:47pm On Apr 14, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Hmmm. And all this time I thought Orikinla was Igbo based on his comments about Biafra and Igbos from way back. Because of those comments I still think he's Igbo. I don't know how people are getting that he's Ijaw or Yoruba when he hasn't identified as such.

He is of the riverine variety. They are very confused about their heritage. No clear distinction.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by yarodin: 9:49pm On Apr 14, 2011
And Desola if I may ask where in Nigeria did you grow up?
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Basseti: 9:52pm On Apr 14, 2011
Desola:

Why do you lie so? why? I would like to think that you are somewhat educated and have made use of your local library to read up on the war and not the one handed down by a bigoted elder from your community.

The war wasn't between Yorubas and Igbos, it was between Nigeria and Igbo but why you choose to blame it all on the Yorubas beats me. This is the reason why you as a people would never rise in Nigeria because you are very divisive and hateful. You hate Awolowo so much but can't keep away from his land. The fact is that Yorubas are quite fine with you living among them so long you tow the line. We are very hospitable people despite the tribalistic bullshit you people come up with.

You lot can't even prosper in your barren lands, you have to move SW. The stink in Lagos today was brought about by your filth from the east! Still for the sake of peace and in sympathy for your loss in the Biafra war, we accomodate you. If truly the Yoruba states are tribalistic, we would have stiffled you out long ago but the fact that you can continue with your businesses peacefully shows how loving you are.

Personally, i've lived among Igbos, Bendalites (as we called them back then) and interracted with Hausa and never knew that you held such deep seated hatred for us but guess what, the battle is on! I never had problems with the "Bendelites", but somehow something was slightly odd with your kinfolks.

Guess what, you are pushing us and now we are realising that you don't wish us well and don't want us to prosper but guess what? You are not even on the playing field, you are not even an entity. All your ilks pedel against the SW is hatred and guess what, we didn't notice you but not anymore, this nonsense has to stop!

Its apparent that U have been listening to some Glen Beck equivalent in Nigeria.

Slow down before u pop a carotid artery.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 10:04pm On Apr 14, 2011
Igbos live everywhere in Nigeria so what is your freaking point? Afterall you yourself live in another country so why can't an Igbo live anywhere inside his own country.

The mere fact that Lagos and other SW states are part of Nigeria translates to every ethnic group having free movement so that is absolutely fine and of course their rights. However, showing total disdain and ill wishes to your state of host is rather sad and shows their evil intent.

Yoruba ro nu.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 10:06pm On Apr 14, 2011
And Desola if I may ask where in Nigeria did you grow up?

This seems to be a leading question but i'll take the bait.

I lived in Lagos and I am an Indegene of Lagos.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EzeUche(m): 10:10pm On Apr 14, 2011
Desola:

You claim a slum filled city? grin

People who live in Lagos need their heads examined.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 10:19pm On Apr 14, 2011
You claim a slum filled city?

People who live in Lagos need their heads examined.

A slum which boasts of being the seventh fastest capital in the world and the economic powerhouse of the nation? Well, well, that is a slum I am proud to claim any given day!

As per your second comment, well, we are guaranteed of the fact that 3/4 of your family members would be on the list for the head examination going by your purported population in my land. grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by yarodin: 10:22pm On Apr 14, 2011
Desola:

Did you live in 1004?  Just checking to see if you the same Desola. And just to add, just because some Igbos/Yorubas don't like each other does not mean everyone feels the same way. There is a difference between some and all.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 10:22pm On Apr 14, 2011
Lagos has its slums, but it also has its world-class parts. Just because you cannot afford to spend time in the nice parts and can only stay in the slums doesn't mean the city itself is bad

Get your weight up and you too can live in uptown
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Dede1(m): 10:24pm On Apr 14, 2011
Desola:

There is no doubt you are an emotionally disturbed human being. I should add that you are also ill-educated. Please inform the local library where you read the civil war was between Nigeria and Igbo to remove the book from readership. The war was between Nigeria and Biafra. In scheme of things during the war, Yoruba carried fair share of the load. It is not out of context to point toward Yoruba as one of major prosecutors of the Nigeria/Biafra civil war.

Ibadan was the capital of western region of Nigeria and remains the dirtiest regional and state capital till date. I have also visited Abeokuta, Ikeja, Osogbo, Ado Ekiti and Akure there is no sight of cleanness in these capital cities.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by jason123: 10:30pm On Apr 14, 2011
yarodin:

Did you live in 1004?  Just checking to see if you the same Desola. And just to add, just because some Igbos/Yorubas don't like each other does not mean everyone feels the same way. There is a difference between some and all.
Thanks for that.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by jason123: 10:33pm On Apr 14, 2011
@Desola
LOL. . . . grin grin cheesy

I know how you feel. Do not feel insecure around your igbo friends, the ones on NL (the some tribal ones (they know themselves)) are just impossible but the ones outside are cool, kind and loving. DO NOT DEVELOP ANY HATE FOR IGBOS. That is what NL tenders to do in the heart.I repeat, do not hate any one. Igbos are cool, its just NL that some act up.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EzeUche(m): 10:35pm On Apr 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

Lagos has its slums, but it also has its world-class parts. Just because you cannot afford to spend time in the nice parts and can only stay in the slums doesn't mean the city itself is bad

Get your weight up and you too can live in uptown

Whenever I stay in Lagos, I stay over my uncle's house on Victoria Island.

However, who would want to Lagos. Overcrowded and dirty city. There is a reason why they call it a SLUM CITY. I don't know which city is dirtier, New Delhi or Lagos. grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by yarodin: 10:38pm On Apr 14, 2011
jason123:

@Desola

I know how you feel. Do not feel insecure around your igbo friends, the ones on NL (the some tribal ones (they know themselves)) are just impossible but the ones outside are cool, kind and loving. DO NOT DEVELOP ANY HATE FOR IGBOS. That is what NL tenders to do in the heart.I repeat, do not hate any one. Igbos are cool, its just NL that some act up.

Jason it goes both ways ooooooooooooooh, afterall Desola called Igbos ordinary spare part dealers and makers of inferior movies.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EzeUche(m): 10:38pm On Apr 14, 2011
jason123:

@Desola

The same go for the Yoruba tribalist brigade. If you look at my very first post using this moniker, you can see how I found Nairaland. By insults against the Ndigbo.

I plenty of Yoruba friends, especially at my university. But sometimes NL makes me wonder if this is their private views.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EzeUche(m): 10:39pm On Apr 14, 2011
yarodin:

Jason it goes both ways ooooooooooooooh, afterall Desola called Igbos ordinary spare part dealers and makers of inferior movies.

You speak the truth. Desola started with the insults.

How would she like it if we called her one of those Lagos girls that we hear so much about? Everyone knows what I am talking about. A cheap commodity. . .
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 10:40pm On Apr 14, 2011
Desola:

A slum which boasts of being the seventh fastest capital in the world and the economic powerhouse of the nation? Well, well, that is a slum I am proud to claim any given day!

As per your second comment, well, we are guaranteed of the fact that 3/4 of your family members would be on the list for the head examination going by your purported population in my land. grin

gbammmm

i have been thinking why has the yorubas not awake to this hate by the ndigbo

they hate yorubas and yet they go in masses to SW something they can not try in hausaland undecided

shame on my igbo people
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EzeUche(m): 10:41pm On Apr 14, 2011
^^^

Igbos only go to ONE area in the "SW" and that is Lagos. Lagos is no man's land. And soon Yorubas will be outnumbered in their "own" city, by not only Igbos, but Niger Delta minorities and your "own" Northerners.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 10:42pm On Apr 14, 2011
The war was between Nigeria and Biafra
Yet you call me ill-educated o. kiss
Biafra is made up of which ethnic group? Who are the Biafrans? Ki lomi eko? Potatoe, potatogrin

In scheme of things during the war, Yoruba carried fair share of the load

Here is where you educate me. Yoruba or Nigeria? So what part did they play which the Hausas played less?

is not out of context to point to Yoruba as one of major prosecutors of the Nigeria/Biafra civil war
Might not be out of context to you but to me, its balderdash if you can't back your claims up with facts!

Ibadan was the capital of western region of Nigeria and remains the dirtiest regional and state capital till date
It would appear so, since you're comparing it to a barren and sparsely populated state in the East . Remember, your people moved out in droves to our territory and brought their filth with them. You confirmed it by the mere fact of you being there to witness it. grin

I have also visited Abeokuta, Ikeja, Osogbo, Ado Ekiti and Akure there is no sight of cleanness in these capital cities.

Ajala travel all over the world, Take the speck out of your eyes first before you help others. Why are you all running away from building your land? These places are filthy yet your people thrive in them. I laugh in itshekiri o, grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 10:43pm On Apr 14, 2011
EzeUche:

^^^

Igbos only go to ONE area in the "SW" and that is Lagos. Lagos is no man's land. And soon Yorubas will be outnumbers in their "own" city, but not only Igbos, but Niger Delta minorities and your "own" Northerners.

no there are a lot in ondo and osun

moreover we northerners do not tend to dominate anybody, we mind our business and so should the ndigbo

ONCE THIS COWARDS START FIGHTING BACK IT WOULD BE LIKE FILM TRICK grin grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by jason123: 10:46pm On Apr 14, 2011
yarodin:

LOL. I know Bro. I mean, who wouldn't feel insure after spending time on this site But, I believe, these people (including me sometimes tongue) are just 1% of the population. I was developing some hate in real life but mehn, I no get time for that  grin. After an Igbo chick showed me the way shocked , no turning back mehn! grin grin
On a real though, I am really sick and tired of tribalism. I nauseates me. All in all, some people just do it on NL to catch some fun when bored. grin cheesy

EzeUche:

The same go for the Yoruba tribalist brigade. If you look at my very first post using this moniker, you can see how I found Nairaland. By insults against the Ndigbo.

I plenty of Yoruba friends, especially at my university. But sometimes NL makes me wonder if this is their private views.

My first post on NL was to unite the South but apparently, I think its a task too much undecided . Anyway, I wouldn't give up . . .  . By the way, do not feel insecure. The tribalist people are only 1% of the populace. Even in Lagos, there is no animosity between Igbos and Yorubas. Everything is cool. cool
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by yarodin: 10:46pm On Apr 14, 2011
Alj Uche:

no there are a lot in ondo and osun

moreover we northerners do not tend to dominate anybody, we mind our business and so should the ndigbo
ONCE THIS COWARDS START FIGHTING BACK IT WOULD BE LIKE FILM TRICK grin grin

So aboki catchi nama explain what your people are trying to do in Jos?
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EzeUche(m): 10:47pm On Apr 14, 2011
Deleted
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by jason123: 10:49pm On Apr 14, 2011
EzeUche:

^^^

Igbos only go to ONE area in the "SW" and that is Lagos. Lagos is no man's land. And soon Yorubas will be outnumbers in their "own" city, but not only Igbos, but Niger Delta minorities and your "own" Northerners.

You sef! undecided
You fuel this tribal fight like kerosine in fire.
EzeUche:

90% of Igbos in the SW live in Lagos. That is a FACT. The rest of the SW is economically poor for an Igbo man to make money.

Igbos go to areas where there is money to be made. Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Port Harcourt world wide. . .

Mehn haven't you realized Igbos do not give a damn who you are? When Hausa tried to kick us out of Kano, we met them with AK-47s. When South Africans started targeting Africans, it was the Nigerians (Igbos) who met them in the street and sent them running.

We Igbos don't care who you are. If you think you are bad, then let us see.

That is a lie.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 10:51pm On Apr 14, 2011
EzeUche:

Whenever I stay in Lagos, I stay over my uncle's house on Victoria Island.

However, who would want to Lagos. Overcrowded and dirty city. There is a reason why they call it a SLUM CITY. I don't know which city is dirtier, New Delhi or Lagos.  grin
If you stay in your uncle's house in VI, then how are so familiar with the slums? Similarly, how are you familiar with the slums of Delhi?

There is a basic contradiction. . . if you claim it is a slum, then you indict your own SE zone. . . a place so bad that people abandon it in large #s to move to a slum city
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by yarodin: 10:51pm On Apr 14, 2011
Jason I don't have any data, but personally I believe Igbos are concentrated more in Lagos and Ibadan.  Yes, will find them almost anywhere in the SW, but the highest will be Lagos and Ibadan with Lagos having the lead.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 10:52pm On Apr 14, 2011
@Desola
LOL. . . .  

Feel insecure by who? Omo ibos? Abeg don't insult me o. I can ignore their infantile remarks and curses but having you say "insecure" is a slap to my heritage. Yorubas are simply not on par with the Igbos, we are simply the best. I just feel a little riled by their outward ingratitude.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 10:53pm On Apr 14, 2011
yarodin:

So aboki catchi nama explain what your people are trying to do in Jos?

first of all i am not hausa/fulani but as you can see beroms fought back and kill alot of people

moreover the jos was not made of beroms alone about historically hausa people have lived in that place for centuries

EzeUche:

90% of Igbos in the SW live in Lagos. That is a FACT. The rest of the SW is economically poor for an Igbo man to make money.

Igbos go to areas where there is money to be made. Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Port Harcourt world wide. . .

Mehn haven't you realized Igbos do not give a damn who you are? When Hausa tried to kick us out of Kano, we met them with AK-47s. When South Africans started targeting Africans, it was the Nigerians (Igbos) who met them in the street and sent them running.

We Igbos don't care who you are. If you think you are bad, then let us see.

WE DON'T DIE WE MULTIPLY.

ok i agree

but there is not point in anyine dieing or war

just stop insulting them and i think they would stop to wink

when you insult yorubas people from different ethnic group go and research about the war and find that it is igbos at fault

just leave them ok cool
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EzeUche(m): 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2011
Desola:

Feel insecure by who? Omo ibos? Abeg don't insult me o. I can ignore their infantile remarks and curses but having you say "insecure" is a slap to my heritage. Yorubas are simply not on par with the Igbos, we are simply the best. I just feel a little riled by their outward ingratitude.

There is nothing more delighting than a tribalistic Yoruba female. grin

If you feel riled up, then do something about it. Words are just words, but lets see you do something about it. We know how many of your people only talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Eastern Region Series : The COR Movement / FG To Obtain $124.2 Million Loans For Water Projects / How Gov Orji Uzor Kalu And Mother Eunice Uzor Kalu Will Rule Abia Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.