Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,164 members, 7,860,176 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:21 AM

Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States (12149 Views)

Who Is More Relaxed Here (GMB Or GEJ) In The Meeting With John Kerry / Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? / The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ezeagu(m): 11:48pm On Apr 14, 2011
Desola:

]

I love Igbos because they are like modern day slaves in Lagos who are allowed to make money. See, we have to build infrastructures and we need you to bring your money to the SW to build our economy. All your talk of being individually rich means jack because when you're done increasing our revenues, we take the praise for it all.

Today, when you look on the internet and search for information on Lagos state, it tells you of it's geographical location which dare is say is Southwest Nigeria, a Yoruba state. It wouldn't say that thanks to the Igbos, the state has become a success story but rather, it mentions Fashola as the man who oversees the affairs of the state. Who takes the cake, ehn?

I am all for Igbos trooping in their thousands o, that's no biggie. Come, work, pay your taxes here and retire in your villages. Leave your children here and let them work here too, it's all dandy. At the end of the day, we come out looking good. While you sweat it out in Alaba we go about our faaji.

We need your manpower just as the White men found a good stock of Negros in Igboland, it's our turn to use you but we are fare because rather than just use you, we let you make money so we play fair. In England today, London is a secular city but guess who still rule the roost? You guessed it!

All your money without power is zilch. You see, money would open doors but power would break steel gates! Abiola was a stinkingly rich man but guess what, he died seeking power because it matters! Obama today isn't half as rich as Gates but guess who wheels and deals. Who can call the whole world to order? It's that man from Kenya who sits in white house!

Get it??

What a nice story. Did you come up with that yourself?
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 14, 2011
@orikinla, why insult others because they do not have d same view as yours and aint they nigerians? Should everyone be brainwashed with the hype of 'ACN - lagos is working' inspite of mega corruption, impositions, double taxation and slavery imposed thru lekki epe express toll e.t.c? Though am from d southwest but that will not compel me to vote ACN cos am a nigerian and i have a right to vote whomsoever i want as president.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by mbatuku1: 11:50pm On Apr 14, 2011
Desola:

]

I love Igbos because they are like modern day slaves in Lagos who are allowed to make money. See, we have to build infrastructures and we need you to bring your money to the SW to build our economy. All your talk of being individually rich means jack because when you're done increasing our revenues, we take the praise for it all.

Today, when you look on the internet and search for information on Lagos state, it tells you of it's geographical location which dare is say is Southwest Nigeria, a Yoruba state. It wouldn't say that thanks to the Igbos, the state has become a success story but rather, it mentions Fashola as the man who oversees the affairs of the state. Who takes the cake, ehn?

I am all for Igbos trooping in their thousands o, that's no biggie. Come, work, pay your taxes here and retire in your villages. Leave your children here and let them work here too, it's all dandy. At the end of the day, we come out looking good. While you sweat it out in Alaba we go about our faaji.

We need your manpower just as the White men found a good stock of Negros in Igboland, it's our turn to use you but we are fare because rather than just use you, we let you make money so we play fair. In England today, London is a secular city but guess who still rule the roost? You guessed it!

All your money without power is zilch. You see, money would open doors but power would break steel gates! Abiola was a stinkingly rich man but guess what, he died seeking power because it matters! Obama today isn't half as rich as Gates but guess who wheels and deals. Who can call the whole world to order? It's that man from Kenya who sits in white house!

Get it??

Igbos are going no where till we send you packing to join your cousins in Ijebuland.

You can jump off a cliff in the meantime grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 11:54pm On Apr 14, 2011
mbauku1:

Which part of Lagos is world class? Quit saying nonsense.

OK, substitute "better than anything else you'll find in naija or West Africa", if you prefer.

mbatuku1:

YOu think that the Igbo living in Lagos came there for tourism?

They were attracted to Lagos because of the Nigeria's industries centrally located there, by virtue of it being Nigeria's capital.

Take away the industries, and see what becomes of it.
That is not the question being asked. It is either a slum, or it is not. If it is a slum. . . then it says a lot about the SE that people would leave it in large #s to move to a slum. Then again, this isn't true alone about Lagos. . . for some reason, Igbos don't seem to enjoy living in this SE zone. I wonder why. . .
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 11:55pm On Apr 14, 2011
We are not insulting them, only we get annoyed when puffed-headed ones like Desola who come from Ijebu, but will be claiming Awori.

Anyway, thats typical of a foul mouthed Ijebu woman!

Hahaha, e don pepper am o!

I have been good though. Look at this thread and see if i've replied those who throw curses my way. I am accostumed to the method Igbos deal with confrontation and rebuttals on this board so I blatantly ignore them.

All I have been stating about the Igbos are the truth and you know it too. I am not apologetic in anyway. I think you people have been allowed to get away with murder on this site. Na only una bet mouth?

You people are kinda stupid sha. Why would you think all Lagosians are Aworis? Is the Oba of Lagos an Awori man?
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 11:56pm On Apr 14, 2011
lol @ someone not knowing that (some) Ijebu are native lagosians
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 11:57pm On Apr 14, 2011
mbatuku1:

We are not insulting them, only we get annoyed when puffed-headed ones like Desola who come from Ijebu, but will be claiming Awori.

Anyway, thats typical of a foul mouthed Ijebu woman!

grin grin grin grin i think now i understand

let me handle here wink
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 11:59pm On Apr 14, 2011
Igbos are going no where till we send you packing to join your cousins in Ijebuland.

You can jump off a cliff in the meantime

You can never go because we are not done with you yet. You will continue to cry tribalism just as the migrants in all western countries cry racism. Go forth and multiply we need your strength for labour.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 12:00am On Apr 15, 2011
Desola:

I have been good though. Look at this thread and see if i've replied those who throw curses my way. I am accostumed to the method Igbos deal with confrontation and rebuttals on this board so I blatantly ignore them.

All I have been stating about the Igbos are the truth and you know it too. I am not apologetic in anyway. I think you people have been allowed to get away with murder on this site. Na only una bet mouth?

You people are kinda silly sha. Why would you think all Lagosians are Aworis? Is the Oba of Lagos an Awori man?

if he is not an awori man what ethnic group is he from then ?  ijebu
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by recoome(m): 12:03am On Apr 15, 2011
Desola:

You people are kinda silly sha. Why would you think all Lagosians are Aworis? Is the Oba of Lagos an Awori man?
hei ! See all these ijebu people, we give them small chance and they want to take over, so oba rilwan akiolu is ijebu? Ijebu people are found towards the outskirts of lagos, it's funny when everyone is claiming lagos, even someone 4rm atakunmosa & ibarapa is claiming lagos!
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 12:07am On Apr 15, 2011
recoome:

hei ! See all these ijebu people, we give them small chance and they want to take over, so oba rilwan akiolu is ijebu? Ijebu people are found towards the outskirts of lagos, it's funny when everyone is claiming lagos, even someone 4rm atakunmosa & ibarapa is claiming lagos!

i thought an awori man said he did not care so long as they are yoruba on the other thread undecided

sorry if i fall you hand undecided
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 12:09am On Apr 15, 2011
Desola:

You can never go because we are not done with you yet. You will continue to cry tribalism just as the migrants in all western countries cry racism. Go forth and multiply we need your strength for labour.

shattap dia, what has yoruba acheived since they held lagos, nothing

if it was igbos lagos will be long above the country today angry

but i still love u sha wink just annoyed
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ezeagu(m): 12:09am On Apr 15, 2011
Desola:

The only thing left to do it seems, is to start imagining stories to make yourself feel better.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by mbatuku1: 12:09am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

lol @ someone not knowing that (some) Ijebu are native lagosians

I know. Only Ikorodu. I used 'Ijebu' derogatorily.

I'm a third generation Lagosian, starting from my grandfather. There's nothing I dont know of the city.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by recoome(m): 12:13am On Apr 15, 2011
@alh uche: if the north were involved, i would not care becos the north must be kicked out but this is a case of ijebu invasion!
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 12:14am On Apr 15, 2011
mbatuku1:

I'm a third generation Lagosian, starting from my grandfather. There's nothing I dont know of the city.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

what part of lagos

i was grow up in obalende in the barracks in ikoyi

where was your father maybe we have meet undecided
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by yarodin: 12:15am On Apr 15, 2011
Why is it that Yoruba people like Desola  that are suppose to put Igbos in their rightful place are living overseas?   Talk is cheap, if you dislike how Igbos are acting up in the royal land of your forefathers move back home and fix it.  Although no complain when Eyimba catch you carry go Aba for ransom tongue
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by jason123: 12:15am On Apr 15, 2011
mbatuku1:

If you are the third generation Lagosian, why do you engage in tribalism with your host?? I mean, I am sure you see yorubas everyday,how do you then engage in this rambling on NL?
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 12:16am On Apr 15, 2011
recoome:

@alh uche: if the north were involved, i would not care becos the north must be kicked out but this is a case of ijebu invasion!

ok so no to ijebu and ekiti

yes to awori and ndigbo/kanuri in lagos

do you agree or disagree
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 12:23am On Apr 15, 2011
shattap dia, what has yoruba acheived since they held lagos, nothing

if it was igbos lagos will be long above the country today 

but i still love u sha  just annoyed

The keyword in your comment is "IF". However, that would not happen in your life time. Igbos would never achieve in Nigeria. If they successfully secede, perhaps but for as long as they remain in the entity, they would always be divided to commence rehabilitation of their land. They are just too greedy a stock to want to work together. We have seen that weakness and are thriving on it. It will not be beneficial for us for them to be in accord.  We have a bounty on their head.

Hehehe, I am scaring myself. grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ezeagu(m): 12:25am On Apr 15, 2011
Desola:

The keyword in your comment is "IF". However, that would not happen in your life time. Igbos would never achieve in Nigeria. If they successfully secede, perhaps but for as long as they remain in the entity, they would always be divided to commence rehabilitation of their land. They are just too greedy a stock to want to work together. We have seen that weakness and are thriving on it. It will not be beneficial for us for them to be in accord.  We have a bounty on their head.

Yet the Igbo have the most amount of working cities. Port Harcourt doesn't exist again. more fairy tales. . . . . .
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by mbatuku1: 12:27am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

OK, substitute "better than anything else you'll find in naija or West Africa", if you prefer.

That is not the question being asked. It is either a slum, or it is not. If it is a slum. . . then it says a lot about the SE that people would leave it in large #s to move to a slum. Then again, this isn't true alone about Lagos. . . for some reason, Igbos don't seem to enjoy living in this SE zone. I wonder why. . .

Two things are at stake here. Lagos might be a commercial nerve, and still be a slum. While the SE may not be a commercial nerve and not a slum.

The last time I checked the meaning of 'slum', the words 'overcrowded' and 'dirty' was part of it.

The SE is not overcrowded. So it can not be a slum.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 12:27am On Apr 15, 2011
recoome:

You have more in common with the ijebu man than others, do you not? I don't see what the big deal is. Seems a bit shortsighted to throw away natural allies so quickly.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by CrudeOil2(m): 12:27am On Apr 15, 2011
Mr poster
Your mentality is too small and negative. Reason before talk/post about sensitive issues next time.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 12:30am On Apr 15, 2011
mbatuku1:

Two things are at stake here. Lagos might be a commercial nerve, and still be a slum. While the SE may not be a commercial nerve and not a slum.

The last time I checked the meaning of 'slum', the words 'overcrowded' and 'dirty' was part of it.

The SE is not overcrowded. So it can not be a slum.
I'm not calling the SE a slum. Furthest east I've been in PH; never been to Imo and the rest.

My point is. . . slum or no, people from all over Nigeria, heck, West Africa seem to be voting with their feet and moving to Lagos. And they've been doing this for 80+ years now. So it cannot be that bad a city (at least compared to the alternatives), slum or no. Otherwise, presumably people would move out elsewhere. 1 million+ population growth per year should tell you it is quite superior to the alternatives.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 12:31am On Apr 15, 2011
Desola:

you should be ashame of yourself

a pretty girl like you engaging in tribalism  undecided what are this yoruba girls turning into this days

well when can we meet so you can play with amu wink
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 12:31am On Apr 15, 2011
Why is it that Yoruba people like Desola  that are suppose to put Igbos in their rightful place are living overseas?   Talk is cheap, if you dislike how Igbos are acting up in the royal land of your forefathers move back home and fix it.  Although no complain when Eyimba catch you carry go Aba for ransom

Where is their rightful place? Right now, the whole of SW Nigeria is happy to accomodate them but they need to understand who the master is, that's all i'm asking. Don't overstep your boundry and just be content that we are fair master and don't agitate us.

Its all about tactics, darling. We use soft power not hard power. You have to be smart to use them and not make them know it. Let them feel relaxed basking in their mirage of taking over Lagos. As long as they continue to pay taxes and bring those containers through Apapa, we're cool. We don't mind them so long as we can use them which gives us the ability to globe trott. You get me?
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ezeagu(m): 12:31am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

How many Igbo people are there in Lagos? 5 million? The Federal government counted 25 million people in the 5 Igbo states, and even then they gave Aba a population of 500,000 which is rubbish so there's even more, so where does the notion of people not enjoying the south east come from? Slum? If south eastern Nigeria is a slum, the rest of Nigeria is for rubbish.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by mbatuku1: 12:33am On Apr 15, 2011
Alj Uche:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

what part of lagos

i was grow up in obalende in the barracks in ikoyi

where was your father maybe we have meet undecided
jason123:

If you are the third generation Lagosian, why do you engage in tribalism with your host?? I mean, I am sure you see yorubas everyday,how do you then engage in this rambling on NL?

My wife is Yoruba. Jason, I have no choice. Just defensive mode.

I dont meet retarded ones like here on NL.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ezeagu(m): 12:34am On Apr 15, 2011
Desola:

Where is their rightful place? Right now, the whole of SW Nigeria is happy to accomodate them but they need to understand who the master is, that's all i'm asking. Don't overstep your boundry and just be content that we are fair master and don't agitate us.

Its all about tactics, darling. We use soft power not hard power. You have to be smart to use them and not make them know it. Let them feel relaxed basking in their mirage of taking over Lagos. As long as they continue to pay taxes and bring those containers through Apapa, we're cool. We don't mind them so long as we can use them which gives us the ability to globe trott. You get me?

Don't fall too far into your internet fantasy, you may not be able to get yourself back. Soft power, look at doti colonial power. grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 12:34am On Apr 15, 2011
Desola:

such venom

where are you in UK i am coming to london tonight angry

we need to meet angry
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by jason123: 12:34am On Apr 15, 2011
mbatuku1:

My wife is Yoruba. Jason, I have no choice. Just defensive mode.

I dont meet not-so-smart ones like here on NL.
Your wife is yoruba  shocked shocked shocked and you engage in this?? grin
Well, its understandable . . . .  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Forbes Magazine Exposes Prof Ayittey's Hypocrisy After Mocking Jonathan / Yahaya Bello Dances With Children During Kogi Christmas Party (Video) / Budget 2017 : China May Withhold $29.9b Loans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.