Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? (40964 Views)

Should A Guy Collect Back Gifts He Bought For His Girlfriend After Break Up? / Have You Ever Cried Over A Failed Relationship? / What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by venabili: 12:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
Immature souls do. Gifts are gifts. They are unconditional. Me self dey aware say last last, na break up go end matter. So why i go buy you what i cant afford to let go. Thats the attitude of broke ass guys.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by zealousayo(m): 12:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
s
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by StylesX: 12:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
Things I gave you because I love you, since I don't love you anymore can't I have those things back? grin

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by advanceDNA: 12:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
We should know by now that taking back the gifts is just a way of getting back at the person..

It’s not really about the gift....or being stingy

How can I buy u a car and another man will be driving it...or worse chopping u inside the car...

I bought u iphone 12, u break up with me next day com dey send nude to another guy with the phone...??..Kò possible ...

Even women that ddnt give men pen!s sometimes cut the pen!s when they find you are cheating or destroy your properties...

10 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by cloud(m): 12:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
Giving out gifts during a relationship is like gambling, Stake only what you can afford to lose.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Omortokemyy(f): 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2021
interesting
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by TempUser: 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2021
Yo
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by chelseamann(m): 12:17pm On Mar 24, 2021
Jenifa get luck say this mata never begin trend when we broke up, I for collect my phone back from her..make she enjoy am ..Na her luck..lol embarassed embarassed grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by blowjob: 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2021
WHY BUYIN ANYTHIN FOR FEMALE, DAT IS GIRLIFRIEND grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by pozehnani(f): 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2021
Lol... It's small children boyfriend and girlfriend relationship such a thing usually happens. An overgrown baby man can also do such and it's very wrong.

This is one of the reasons why I don't allow any man I'm dating to know my crib. Once things go South, na on awol things I dey. You won't even see my break light. Only my current ex was lucky to Know my place because he lived nearby.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by chibnnodi: 12:18pm On Mar 24, 2021
The gifts belongs to the 'office of the girlfriend', it is for the next girlfriend.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by femi4: 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2021
Made619:
I know sometimes relationships don't go the way we plan them and most people go into relationships for different reasons but in a case where your heart was broken is it right to take back the gifts you once gave out of love?

Have come across stories of guys taking back their gifts, one even collected the television set he bought for his girl after brake up grin

What's your opinion on this pals?

If the gift is expensive...why not

I will collect it and give it to another that ll appreciate it
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by SweetCunt97(f): 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2021
No i wont. Why should i? A gift is simply a gift regardless.

Why are females not commenting abi dem no dey buy gifts ni

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by averageguy(m): 12:20pm On Mar 24, 2021
HooJoon:
Makes no sense! It's completely immature

I agree with this. Once you give out a gift, it is no longer your property except it was a conditional gift clearly given in anticipation of something. I know a number of places have laws around conditional gifts to make sure for instance that a lady returns an engagement ring if they ended up not getting married.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by izubext007: 12:20pm On Mar 24, 2021
yes
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Mar 24, 2021
Only immature men do that.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Tunasco4u(m): 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2021
I like your statement die grin grin
Kriss216:
If we're dating and I bought you things, when the relationship is over, it's expected you return everything.

The gifts are for the "Office of the Girlfriend", the next girlfriend will have the gifts.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by NobleSeed(m): 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2021
Lol why I no go collect am .
This is why is dangerous sometimes to buy expensive gifts for a potential gf.not even a wife .
Watin concern me we brake up local man discover my my 20,000MAH power bank was still with her, I made up with her collected my power bank then brake up with her . I hate nonsense wink

14 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Ayo2004: 12:22pm On Mar 24, 2021
O right baje baje...girlfriend na office
If she is sacked or resign,she drops everything of use to the employer!
If u think I am immature,I am very immature
Periodtt!

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2021
Kriss216:
If we're dating and I bought you things, when the relationship is over, it's expected you return everything.

The gifts are for the "Office of the Girlfriend", the next girlfriend will have the gifts.

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Frales6(f): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2021
it depends on what he bought for her na. if it's pants, bra, foodstuffs, etc he won't collect it. but if it's land, car, tv, house, very expensive phone etc; ogbeni go collect am back if not another man don inherit both the girl and the things you bought. In fact na this kind thing dey make some men no dey gree buy girl better thing except when he is sure the girl will marry him because anything can happen

10 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Nweike190(m): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2021
[
cheesy

quote author=Kriss216 post=100165553]If we're dating and I bought you things, when the relationship is over, it's expected you return everything.

[/quote]
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2021
aremuforlife:
It all depends on how the relationship ended, there are some relationships that end peacefully, while some end bitterly.
For example, of I rented an apartment for a lady and she brings another man into that house, I will send her packing.
yea that's true
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:25pm On Mar 24, 2021
HooJoon:
Makes no sense! It's completely immature

No it's not immature, it doesn't have anything to do with maturity, it's his decision, and you gotta respect that
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2021
i926:
A woman eyes is open when in a relationship but men are always stupidly drunk in love.

Women are wise. They give men boxers and singlets...things of no value cuz they know relationships don't last while men foolishly buy expensive gifts in the hope of keeping her & the relationship. Haha

Men, don't invest more than a girl in a relationship. This is what is never taught in schools, mosques or even churches. So that when relationship ends, you leave with less regrets and anger grin
you no lie my brother

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by masterP042(m): 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2021
Even God does it, why won't I? If u say you no be him friend again, he go collect the good things wey him don give u before like protection, health, peace etc.. E never finish o.. He go still send u to hell las las.. So OP, it's not bad collecting your gift back, cos the gifts came with conditions and when the conditions are no longer there, the gift can be taken back. If u cease to become the president, u gats drop the official cars and houses. Tankiu

11 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Biggaboi(m): 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2021
angry
For me, giving gifts is like playing bet9ja. Just like I only bet with Monet I'm prepared to lose so also I only give gifts I'm prepared to lose, whatever happens after.
So this has never, and I know it will never, happen to me.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by pozehnani(f): 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2021
SweetCunt97:
No i wont. Why should i? A gift is simply a gift regardless.

Why are females not commenting abi dem no dey buy gifts ni

Buy gini? I no dey buy gift for man o. They've never given me cause to buy them gifts though. Maybe I'll buy for hubby someday grin.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2021
Teaser4:
I don do am once sha... I collected the phone I bought for my ex, sold the phone and used the money to buy two correct sneakers (Nike Air Jordan 6 and one Badass Adidas), e don tey Sha... But I'm glad I did.. Cos the phone na new, barely two months wey I buy am with my money.... But I no fit do am again Sha..
hahah...you no loose my brother, atleast u use the shoes as consolationgrin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Mandela27: 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2021
Don't invest what u can't forget.
#watchwords
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by gabicon: 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2021
RisenJoe:

can buhari still be using air force one after the expiration of his tenure

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady In Italy Cries As Her Boyfriend Dumps Her (Video, Photos) / My Girlfriend Took An Oath With Her First Boyfriend / Excited Manchester United Couple Do Doggy Pose In Lovely Pre-wedding Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.