Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? (40961 Views)

Should A Guy Collect Back Gifts He Bought For His Girlfriend After Break Up? / Have You Ever Cried Over A Failed Relationship? / What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by ume1000: 12:12am On Mar 25, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Honestly I think it's stupid to take back gift you bought for a partner all because of break up..

It's all clear now that relationship is not based on love or anything close to that.. people just get into relationships because others are doing it..

I mean what's the point buying a gift to a person you know he/she is not worth it.. that's just eye service.. buy gifts you know wouldn't hurt you when you break up.. maybe that's why girls stick to singlet and boxer since we all know relationships are just for sex and nothing more
ogbeni leave grammar if girl was use u shine per say she chop u clean mouth. How u go reason am

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by ume1000: 12:14am On Mar 25, 2021
Numerouno94:
Why give out or purchase wat u can't afford to let go?

Some people do it out of anger. Dnt give out wat u can't afford to let go. Knw this nd have peace of mind.
don't accept what you can not afford

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by ume1000: 12:21am On Mar 25, 2021
pozehnani:
Lol... It's small children boyfriend and girlfriend relationship such a thing usually happens. An overgrown baby man can also do such and it's very wrong.

This is one of the reasons why I don't allow any man I'm dating to know my crib. Once things go South, na on awol things I dey. You won't even see my break light. Only my current ex was lucky to Know my place because he lived nearby.
u dey date man and the mumu no no your place na legend u be be dat o. E be like say u Don dey the business tey
I hear say that side no get meter no worry body go tell u

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by deavicky(m): 12:34am On Mar 25, 2021
I just remember say I bought television, phone and other things for one girl and she is nolonger taking me serious. Let me make plans to go and collect them.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 25, 2021
wany:

Date your social class. undecided
That question, should directly be thrown at you girls. you're broke yet looking for a rich or wealthy guy. date your fellow broke person, he can't buy you gift talkless of collecting it back.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by frozen70(f): 2:21am On Mar 25, 2021
HooJoon:
Makes no sense! It's completely immature

Honestly
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by unmask: 2:39am On Mar 25, 2021
Made619:
I know sometimes relationships don't go the way we plan them and most people go into relationships for different reasons but in a case where your heart was broken is it right to take back the gifts you once gave out of love?

Have come across stories of guys taking back their gifts, one even collected the television set he bought for his girl after brake up grin

What's your opinion on this pals?

Well I wouldn't do it and I won't argue against those who do.....in my opinion, the person who received the gift should be dutiful enough to return the gift.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by khengxlei(m): 3:11am On Mar 25, 2021
Ayo2004:
So Quavo wey be multi millionaire na poor man abi
their wahala tongue
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by bakynes(m): 3:36am On Mar 25, 2021
Many have spoken wisely on this topic, its not immaturity to collect your gifts back from an ex. Like many have illustrated earlier, even God took away Garden of Eden, his provision and protection from Adam and Eve after an end to their relationship. If a Christain backslides, God takes away his Holy spirit from that person. If you get employed in a company and you are given an official Car and Laptop, the day you resign they collect back their belongings because you have ended the rship btw both parties. So its not about immaturity. It also depends on how the relationship ended, if it ended on maybe distance took you guys apart for some years ofcourse the man will not demand for his gifts back. Sometimes it depends on the worth of that gift to the man, if the man is a billionaire and he buys a simple car of 3 million for his girlfriend ofcourse the car is not of too much value to him, he can leave it for the girl but if he buys a Rolls Royce for her i can bet you he will collect it back.

So for those of you saying its immaturity, No it is not, it depends on the circumstance of the break up and how valuable the gifts are to the giver of the gift.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 8:03am On Mar 25, 2021
unmask:
in my opinion, the person who received the gift should be dutiful enough to return the gift.
who will return gift in this present Nigeria we're in bro....in my opinion it doesn't work that way bro it's either you let go or take it back.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 8:09am On Mar 25, 2021
Fr33born:
I was the cause of the breakup or the relationship was going fine initially and I am convinced that you loved me, I will leave the gift for you but if I found out that you never loved me and have been fooling me while I was foolishly in love with you, I will collect all my gifts.
alright bro... many ladies date without any drop of love this days bro

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 8:10am On Mar 25, 2021
Mexzie:
When God broke up with Adam and Eve, did HE leave them to remain in the Garden if Eden?
Did he allow them to continue living as they used to live?
Was there not many consequences of the breakup?

Why then should a man after a break up, leave the good things he gave a girl?

The good things Adam and Eve enjoyed was only for them if the remained in the good relationship with God, same way too, the good things a girl enjoys from a man is only for as long as the good relationship continued..

There fellow men, don't be stupid.
You have a valid point bro...nice analysis
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 8:17am On Mar 25, 2021
milehigh06:
Nope...not at all...did it back in the days and i must say i regret it till today...just makes me feel cheap
cheap in what sense bro make us understand please
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 8:20am On Mar 25, 2021
Exodora:
This reminds of an event in my area.
This particularly guy discovered that his long time girlfriend was getting married so he got annoyed and storm the girl's compound to demand for the return of everything he bought for her .
Only for the girl's father to ask him to sworn that he didn't had any kpekus with his daughter and that his daughter can only return the things he bought for her if only he can return those kpekus back and make that place tight again . Na so the guy cry like a baby go back house . Laugh and shame na finish everybody for that gathering .
wow that's seriously cold bro....the guy shouldn't have gone there when her parents and everyone was around...guys go through sh*t menh
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 8:22am On Mar 25, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Personally i buy gifts for my man that i love
On special occasions or most of the time?
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 8:25am On Mar 25, 2021
Jephyard:
I am.beginning to think most Nigerians women are not responsible. once you leave a relationship please return the gift (holding to the gift at the other person displeasure show how selfish you are. if you value yourself or if you have an iota of self worth you have to return whatever gift you get from your previous relationship wherether the man ask for it or not). Except your ex insist that you can keep them.

Note: Even in marriages that is legally combined during divorce or separation both shared their property and go their separate ways let alone a girlfriend or boyfriend that has no documents on it.

there is nothing immature about one taking their gift back after breakup, the gift was given to you in trust and once that trust is broken on either side please return the gift. You won't die.

Most Nigerians women need a mental shift to God. Maybe it the one on Nairaland I don't just know. you can't keep gift after a relationship has gone south except your ex insist on you keeping them.

You all have a brain use it
99% of ladies in Nigeria won't return it believe me. entitlement seems to be the virus that have eaten up their brains

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by SweetCunt97(f): 8:29am On Mar 25, 2021
Made619:
On special occasions or most of the time?
Soecial occasions and when i see what i know he'd like or i sense he lacks something i can afford to get him.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 8:31am On Mar 25, 2021
Henrymorre:
I believe the girl is also broke, because if a girl is not broke, then there would be nothing a man can get for her, that she already doesn't have and the man won't even have mind to collect it.. eg, most gifts are cars, houses, phones, laptops etc, which the girls can't afford because they are broke. If a guy met a girl who has 3 cars, I mean clean cars oo, do you think the guy would want to buy her a car again? Nope, or a girl that has iPhone 12 pro for example, do you think the guy will buy her another iPhone 12? Broke girls are to be feared as well.
nice one....cheers
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 8:32am On Mar 25, 2021
SweetCunt97:
Soecial occasions and when i see what i know he'd like or i sense he lacks something i can afford to get him.
wow wow am impressed,he must be the luckiest man on Earth(I pray he knows how lucky he is).
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by SweetCunt97(f): 8:36am On Mar 25, 2021
Made619:
wow wow am impressed,he must be the luckiest man on Earth(I pray he knows how lucky he is).
Same prayer here too
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 25, 2021
Even qavo wey rich he collect him Bentley back me wey I kon rich very well make I no curse myself grin why I no go collect am back ? Even thou I give you 1 American cent coin I swear to gad imma collect that shit back.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 8:38am On Mar 25, 2021
ZINIIBANKS:
Even qavo wey rich he collect him Bentley back me wey I kon rich very well make I no curse myself grin why I no go collect am back ? Even thou I give you 1 American cent coin I swear to gad imma collect that shit back.
lol...you harsh o bro grin
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 25, 2021
pretydiva:
Following
as usual ladies don't have anything to collect back
They're the one receiving grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by summerflame(m): 10:50am On Mar 25, 2021
Made619:
I don't blame guys most times na d women dey cause am...

Walahi.. The guy was enjoying my AC with the gen and ceiling fan join.. Lol

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by summerflame(m): 10:51am On Mar 25, 2021
daniel7328:

No time bros

Walahi
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by summerflame(m): 10:51am On Mar 25, 2021
[quote author=Evolutionlove post=100178678][/quote]

Just imagine
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 11:21am On Mar 25, 2021
summerflame:

Walahi.. The guy was enjoying my AC with the gen and ceiling fan join.. Lol
gringrin Thank God you're over it bro.....May God bless you with someone that deserves you.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by uthlaw: 12:38pm On Mar 25, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Your headache.
our headache......swear say if I toast you,you no go agree!
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2021
uthlaw:
our headache......swear say if I toast you,you no go agree!

If you get wetin I want in a man, I fit consider you. I don't just date "any" man regardless of his status or money he has.

And it isn't my headache, it's yours particularly.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by uthlaw: 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

If you get wetin I want in a man, I fit consider you. I don't just date "any" man regardless of your status or money you have.

no b lie Sha...problem shared na see finished!you are very matured the way you respond!
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by uthlaw: 3:57pm On Mar 25, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

If you get wetin I want in a man, I fit consider you. I don't just date "any" man regardless of his status or money he has.

my headache....so you no go follow me suffer!
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by DedeNkem: 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2021
Only immature id*iots take back their gifts. If you're not ready give away something forever, DON'T give the thing to anyone as a gift!!!!!

But if you make it clear that the gift is for a specific period and for a specific purpose, and you would stop or retrieve the gift if the purpose is exhausted or not met or satisfied.

For instance, if you inform your partner to use a car as long as the relationship lasts. The gift there is to ONLY use the car (as long as the relationship lasts) and not to own it. You are entitled to retrieve your property when the relationship ends.

But when you tell your partner, "Take this car gift from me, honey. it's yours". It means you've forever relinquished your ownership of the car, even if the relationship ends.

But some cunning men may still keep their names on the ownership documents. Which means they could legally claim the car, even if the case goes to Court of law.

So when you receive a big gift like car or land or house, it's always advisable to officially change the ownership documents to your own name. When you do this, Court will back you!!

If the gifter refuses to sign off on the ownership change, then it would mean he or she intends to lay claim to the property anytime or when the relationship ends.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between Having Sex And Love-making? / Nigerian Lady In Italy Cries As Her Boyfriend Dumps Her (Video, Photos) / My Girlfriend Took An Oath With Her First Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.