Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,079 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? (40919 Views)

Should A Guy Collect Back Gifts He Bought For His Girlfriend After Break Up? / Have You Ever Cried Over A Failed Relationship? / What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2021
uthlaw:
for collecting the gift I bought with my money....quit alright,I can't give a lady a gift more than#5000 and this will happen only if I'm having sex with the lady,there is nothing in the relationship apart from sex....who de do give away!

Why are you equating gifts with sex? Is a relationship an avenue for tit for tat? It's you men who keep breeding these disgusting entitlement mentality girls are having.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by udemzyudex(m): 1:39pm On Mar 24, 2021
Kriss216:
If we're dating and I bought you things, when the relationship is over, it's expected you return everything.

The gifts are for the "Office of the Girlfriend", the next girlfriend will have the gifts.

E choke
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by rhythyson: 1:42pm On Mar 24, 2021
Kriss216:
If we're dating and I bought you things, when the relationship is over, it's expected you return everything.

The gifts are for the "Office of the Girlfriend", the next girlfriend will have the gifts.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I will see how you will make heaven! you are so funny.....

Office of the Girlfriend indeed
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Gbeng30(m): 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
That's why it's Good not to give your girl friend what you cannot afford, don't go out of your capacity to satisfy any lady so that you don't regret later, and more so don't date golddigger to avoid story that touches
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by 15ssDRIVE(m): 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
Made619:
lol...so I thought too but people do it out anger and disappointment.

Sometimes out ... the way the Madam wan treat you.

If you see the stupid onesssss...... you go appreciate the good ones.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Gmajor(m): 1:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
HooJoon:
Makes no sense! It's completely immature

Not to mention that it is also illegal
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by ednut1(m): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
Anichebe also collected his gwagon from cuppy lol
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by TrebleChamp(m): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Honestly I think it's stupid to take back gift you bought for a partner all because of break up..

It's all clear now that relationship is not based on love or anything close to that.. people just get into relationships because others are doing it..

I mean what's the point buying a gift to a person you know he/she is not worth it.. that's just eye service.. buy gifts you know wouldn't hurt you when you break up.. maybe that's why girls stick to singlet and boxer since we all know relationships are just for sex and nothing more
If you buy her a house and she cheat on you with another dude in that house, what would be your reaction and subsequent action?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by MrCuteAndLoaded: 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
Dont buy gifts for girls in the first place....Always go with a gitl that has assets - free Kpetus with no expense. They exist if u search diligently

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by hedocharles(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2021
"Office of the Girlfriend"

[/quote]

grin grin
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by hedocharles(m): 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2021
RisenJoe:

can buhari still be using air force one after the expiration of his tenure

grin
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by knightphoenix: 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
aremuforlife:
It all depends on how the relationship ended, there are some relationships that end peacefully, while some end bitterly.
For example, of I rented an apartment for a lady and she brings another man into that house, I will send her packing.
Abeg all of una wet say e dey childish to take back the gift, weyin una go do if this kain situation be the case.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by knightphoenix: 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2021
TrebleChamp:
If you buy her a house and she cheat on you with another dude in that house, what would be your reaction and subsequent action?
Help me ask the nigger... Mr maturity.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by uthlaw: 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Why are you equating gifts with sex? Is a relationship an avenue for tit for tat? It's you men who keep breeding these disgusting entitlement mentality girls are having.
that for men who go for relationship...me na ati lo ati de!
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2021
uthlaw:
that for men who go for relationship...me na ati lo ati de!

And what's that suppose to mean?
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by knightphoenix: 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2021
GIANTPLUSHUB:
Yes and No.

Yes for an ungrateful leech who was in the relationship just to leech you of your resources. Collecting your gift back is worth it.

No for someone who you experienced great progress and other pleasant experiences and who was a wonderful partner but the relationship failed due to reasons that are beyond both of you control or ability. It doesn't worth collecting. You leave it for them because they are worth it and to create memories for them.
most brilliant response.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by knightphoenix: 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2021
Alright
Henrymorre:
do whatever you feel is right. If you think taking back anything you bought for her or him is right, then do it, if you think it's wrong, then don't do it. You owe no one no explanation on how your see and understand things. Some people will say it's not matured, that their own reasoning, to you it's matured, so take it. You were not born to satisfy no one. Don't let people's ideas influence yours.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2021
pozehnani:
Lol... It's small children boyfriend and girlfriend relationship such a thing usually happens. An overgrown baby man can also do such and it's very wrong.

This is one of the reasons why I don't allow any man I'm dating to know my crib. Once things go South, na on awol things I dey. You won't even see my break light. Only my current ex was lucky to Know my place because he lived nearby.

But you can't be in a defined relationship with someone and they won't know where you live.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2021
SweetCunt97:
No i wont. Why should i? A gift is simply a gift regardless.

Why are females not commenting abi dem no dey buy gifts ni

I'm howling!!! cheesy grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by harmony75: 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2021
That's immaturity why?!
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by zudozz: 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2021
I no go even go comeback.. Na there and then I go collect everything.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by shilz(f): 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
pozehnani:
Lol... It's small children boyfriend and girlfriend relationship such a thing usually happens. An overgrown baby man can also do such and it's very wrong.

This is one of the reasons why I don't allow any man I'm dating to know my crib. Once things go South, na on awol things I dey. You won't even see my break light. Only my current ex was lucky to Know my place because he lived nearby.
lol none even knew my street.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2021
GIANTPLUSHUB:
Yes and No.

Yes for an ungrateful leech who was in the relationship just to leech you of your resources. Collecting your gift back is worth it.

No for someone who you experienced great progress and other pleasant experiences and who was a wonderful partner but the relationship failed due to reasons that are beyond both of you control or ability. It doesn't worth collecting. You leave it for them because they are worth it and to create memories for them.

You've got Wisdom.......
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Positiveme2020: 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2021
Ayo2004:
O right baje baje...girlfriend na office
If she is sacked or resign,she drops everything of use to the employer!
If u think I am immature,I am very immature
Periodtt!

I like your statement.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2021
shilz:
lol none even knew my street.
See them Oloshos operating on Ghost Mode......

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by hadrisleo(m): 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2021
HooJoon:
Makes no sense! It's completely immature
you can't break my heart and be driving my lambo

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by hadrisleo(m): 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Honestly I think it's stupid to take back gift you bought for a partner all because of break up..

It's all clear now that relationship is not based on love or anything close to that.. people just get into relationships because others are doing it..

I mean what's the point buying a gift to a person you know he/she is not worth it.. that's just eye service.. buy gifts you know wouldn't hurt you when you break up.. maybe that's why girls stick to singlet and boxer since we all know relationships are just for sex and nothing more
if you like leave stupid and call it crazy. you can't break my heart and be driving my lambo. thank you
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Oshokalo: 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2021
it depend on how or the reason u breakup with her
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Badowski: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2021
it depends on who is breaking up with who?
if the Babe the one breaking up with you guy collect ya things so that she wont turn it into a business with all other men but if na yu guy break up with her and not the babe abeg load sense na yu not fit collet as d babe no say she wan leave yu.
period!!!!
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Nickymichy(m): 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2021
What is gift?.... anything given without expecting something in return.....no matter the gift I can't take it back....
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Ayo2004: 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2021
setobaba:
This my take
I can never and ever purchase, acquire or lease anything I can’t afford to let go to any so called girl friend no matter how mad you are, I won’t but I surprises my gf at some point to prove I ain’t broke just, just letting you know your shit is ain’t responsibility.....

Mind you don’t mistake this op question for assistance, I can render monetary assistance to my gf but not buying gifts I can’t let go.

I use three smart expensive phones at the moment, my two months old gf is still struggling with her low battery phone.
Who cares Your wahala not mine
Original gee...when I broke up with Nkechi and light spoil for my area,I go colet my power bank and original charger back

When I see men lamenting on how women they bought expensive cars and houses cheated on them,I wonder how stupid a person can be..I personally can never pay a woman's school fees,rent a house for her,buy a house for her,buy an expensive car or anything of such.Anyone that thinks I am very stingy should go and collect from her generous father.I don't plan on getting married so there is no wife exception.All those only applies to my mother and sisters
Periodtt
*Drink my hennesy in peace*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Buys His 2go Girlfriend A Benz On Her Birthday / Not All 30yrs Old Ladies Were Approached By Serious Men In Their 20's / American Lady Reveals Why She Loves Dating Nigerian Men Over Her Countrymen(vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.