Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? (40959 Views)

Should A Guy Collect Back Gifts He Bought For His Girlfriend After Break Up? / Have You Ever Cried Over A Failed Relationship? / What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2021
pickatyouu:
Depends on the gift my dear.

I no go leave expensive item for you after break up make u come dey form motivational speaker withy property.

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest
haha
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by sojfarm: 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
It depends on the :

Your personality

Personality of the other person

In the first place, you are above what you give as gift, so you may not want to reduce yourself - level of maturity

Also, consider that the person you consider an enemy today may turn out to be your great helper tomorrow

Do not fight with your two eyes firmly close

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2021
Kriss216:
If we're dating and I bought you things, when the relationship is over, it's expected you return everything.

The gifts are for the "Office of the Girlfriend", the next girlfriend will have the gifts.

cheesy Office of the Girlfriend cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2021
venabili:
Immature souls do. Gifts are gifts. They are unconditional. Me self dey aware say last last, na break up go end matter. So why i go buy you what i cant afford to let go. Thats the attitude of broke ass guys.
relationship is something else....it's like starting school with the mindset of not finishing.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2021
chelseamann:
Jenifa get luck say this mata never begin trend when we broke up, I for collect my phone back from her..make she enjoy am ..Na her luck..lol embarassed embarassed grin grin
hahahaha mad oh
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Riseup4: 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2021
A man, out of love, built a beautiful duplex for his lover. Few weeks later, he found out that she has dumped him for another guy. All human efforts to bring her back on track failed.
Moreover, different strange men started visiting and spending nights with her in the same duplex that was built by her now Ex guy.
IF U WERE IN THE MAN'S SHOE WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
pozehnani:
Lol... It's small children boyfriend and girlfriend relationship such a thing usually happens. An overgrown baby man can also do such and it's very wrong.

This is one of the reasons why I don't allow any man I'm dating to know my crib. Once things go South, na on awol things I dey. You won't even see my break light. Only my current ex was lucky to Know my place because he lived nearby.
smart one.....
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2021
RisenJoe:
As for me, I go collect everything back

How old are you?
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
SweetCunt97:
No i wont. Why should i? A gift is simply a gift regardless.

Why are females not commenting abi dem no dey buy gifts ni
please help me ask oh...only guys dey comment.

seems na guys dey love pass grin
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by myrates: 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
RisenJoe:

can buhari still be using air force one after the expiration of his tenure
grin
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by alizma: 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2021
Made619:
I know sometimes relationships don't go the way we plan them and most people go into relationships for different reasons but in a case where your heart was broken is it right to take back the gifts you once gave out of love?

Have come across stories of guys taking back their gifts, one even collected the television set he bought for his girl after brake up grin

What's your opinion on this pals?
No. Those who take back what they buy for ex-girlfriends or ex-wife are in my own judgement, people with low self-esteem, lack of maturity and understand.

Gift to your partner should be something in appreciation of the moment shared together not in appreciation of things to come. That is why is not advisable to gift something you can't let go.
That is more reason to understand the meaning of gift before venturing into it

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2021
Depends on the gift
If na house or car I go collect am back
She dey craze?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2021
NobleSeed:
Lol why I no go collect am .
This is why is dangerous sometimes to buy expensive gifts for a potential gf.not even a wife .
Watin concern me we brake up local man discover my my 20,000MAH power bank was still with her, I made up with her collected my power bank then brake up with her . I hate nonsense wink
hahaha this one choke grin bad guy
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 12:36pm On Mar 24, 2021
Frales6:
it depends on what he bought for her na. if it's pants, bra, foodstuffs, etc he won't collect it. but if it's land, car, tv, house, very expensive phone etc; ogbeni go collect am back if not another man don inherit both the girl and the things you bought. In fact na this kind thing dey make some men no dey gree buy girl better thing except when he is sure the girl will marry him because anything can happen
so you're in support of men collecting gifts from their gfs after a failed relationship?
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by successtutor(m): 12:37pm On Mar 24, 2021
You can let go if not too expensive, If married, get a lawyer , let her return everything belonging to you in her possession. such as cars or other valuables. She will be glad to settle it out of court.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Babaken(m): 12:38pm On Mar 24, 2021
Don't give what you cannot let go in relationship.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 24, 2021
Immaturity is what it is called. That is if breakup happens during courtship or boyfriend girlfriend level. But a married woman who wants to leave should be ready to drop all what the husband bought for her especially, properties like houses and cars.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Made619(m): 12:38pm On Mar 24, 2021
masterP042:
Even God does it, why won't I? If u say you no be him friend again, he go collect the good things wey him don give u before like protection, health, peace etc.. E never finish o.. He go still send u to hell las las.. So OP, it's not bad collecting your gift back, cos the gifts came with conditions and when the conditions are no longer there, the gift can be taken back. If u cease to become the president, u gats drop the official cars and houses. Tankiu
Sense no go kill you my brothergrin
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by eburuu: 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
Omo they get this girl way be say her pekius sweet die...the girl don day giv me attitud like this in this month of match...i chop her pekius from corona era till now way i cum buy her hot9 play the girl no they gree pick call so tay she block me...omo the girl pekius steel day kill me for my imagination
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by uthlaw: 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

How old are you?
is not a matter of age, nobody is charity organization!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Splitmind: 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2021
Women will say no because they are the one's benefiting from all the free stuff men give, if you buy something and break up it is your right to take it back.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by rita25(f): 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2021
THERE WAS A GUY I ONCE DATED FROM THE BEGINING I MADE IT CLEAR TO HIM HE WAS JUST A REBOUND TO ME AS I JUST HAD A TERRIBLE HEARTBREAK ..THIS GUY HAD ASKED ME OUT FOR 7YRS SO I KUKU DECIDED TO FREE HIM SMALL...BEFORE I KNOW THE GUY WANTED ME TO MEET HIS MUM(WE SHA GO) STARTED BUYING ME EXPENSIVE WORK CLOTHES I SHA COLLECT THEN THERE WAS THIS DAY MY PHN WAS DOWN HE COULDNT REACH ME DUDE WENT AND BOUGHT A BLACKBERRY FOR ME I STILL COLLECT,UNFORTUNATELY FOR DUDE I STUMBLED ON A CHAT HE WAS HAVING WITH HIS BEST FRIEND ON HOW SWEET THE COOKING AND SEX WAS AND HOW HE WANTS TO WIFE ME AND HAS PLANS TO BURST CONDOM AND IMPREGNATE ME shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked OH BOY I JUST GHOST ZONE DUDE....I COULDNT SLEEP IN MY HOUSE COS DUDE WAS ON PATROL FOR DAYS I WAS A RAT IN HIDING ONE DAY I CONFRONTED DUDE WITH WHAT I SAW HE WAS JUST BEGGING SAYING PLS HE HAS ALREADY TOLD HIS PPLE AM HIS WIFE TO BE AND A DATE FOR DEC(THAT YR) HAD BEEN FIXED.....MOGBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME AREWA BABE MARRY OMO IBO shocked shocked shocked shocked I JUST TOLD HIM OTI TAN I NO DO AGAIN....DUDE BEGGED FOR DAYS I NO GREE NEXT THING HE STARTED DEMANDING FOR PHONE.....OMO I REMOVE MY SIM,BLACK LISTED THE BLACKBERRY,USE PIN SCRATCH THE CAMERA AND SENT IT BACK TO HIM.........NEXT THING I SAW A BIGGER PHONE THAT IT WAS A JOKE.............I NO COLLECT(IT IS STILL PAINING ME WHY I DIDNT)........END OF STORY.....BUT I REGRET SHA

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by myrates: 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2021
pozehnani:
Lol... It's small children boyfriend and girlfriend relationship such a thing usually happens. An overgrown baby man can also do such and it's very wrong.

This is one of the reasons why I don't allow any man I'm dating to know my crib. Once things go South, na on awol things I dey. You won't even see my break light. Only my current ex was lucky to Know my place because he lived nearby.
We know your type. It shows your motive of going into relationship with a guy is always to milk him dry. Set awon ebinna(gold diggers).....

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by uthlaw: 12:44pm On Mar 24, 2021
eburuu:
Omo they get this girl way be say her pekius sweet die...the girl don day giv me attitud like this in this month of match...i chop her pekius from corona era till now way i cum buy her hot9 play the girl no they gree pick call so tay she block me...omo the girl pekius steel day kill me for my imagination
na kayamata she de put for the pussy.... collect ur phone back!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Splitmind: 12:44pm On Mar 24, 2021
SweetCunt97:
No i wont. Why should i? A gift is simply a gift regardless.

Why are females not commenting abi dem no dey buy gifts ni

What woman goes into a relationship with any other mindset aside from what she will benefit financially?

If you've seen show me because me I've not seen.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by when2(f): 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2021
RisenJoe:

can buhari still be using air force one after the expiration of his tenure

Air Force one, is not a gift to Buhari
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Frales6(f): 12:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
Made619:
so you're in support of men collecting gifts from their gfs after a failed relationship?

If I say "yes" will you beat me?? if na you buy car or land give woman and the woman leave you will you leave the gift for her. except say you get better money to spend na...but what about guys that are still struggling to survive and they still managed to buy expensive gift for the girl. if you say the girl gave him sex...yes! but na two of them enjoy am, the guy man no rape am and the guy go don give the girl money some time to buy things for herself. And some girls dey too demanding and they no dey gree go work. so my dear if you see such girl, collect your gift back

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Duplexxx: 12:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
Gift is from the heart when your heart is broken you will now think of collecting back the gift thats looks childish.. I know a lot of friends who do that if she refuses to give pussy please give me back my gift all of them imagine how boboy just neked Dupe at front of my street by collecting every thing Dupe putted on i will never forget that day although" it was long ago
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Kennitrust(m): 12:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
You are a middle class earner and you used your hard earn money to buy something for a girl who maybe pretending to love you and after getting what she was targeting from you, she break up with you to either enjoy your property with another guy or to do so with another guy.

My wise decision is to TAKE BACK WHAT WILL HELP ME FORGET ABOUT YOU FOREVER!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by setobaba: 12:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
Teaser4:
I don do am once sha... I collected the phone I bought for my ex, sold the phone and used the money to buy two correct sneakers (Nike Air Jordan 6 and one Badass Adidas), e don tey Sha... But I'm glad I did.. Cos the phone na new, barely two months wey I buy am with my money.... But I no fit do am again Sha..
So you don’t have those designers in your closet before now and you buying a phone worth that much for her

Ok I caught one

More ??
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Kingcalls: 12:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
Back then things were cheaper...these days no b small money plus hardship... collect it , sell it ,use the money to deal with the depression that she or he put u inside by parting , drinking and travelling...iPhone 12 na 500k
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
uthlaw:
is not a matter of age, nobody is charity organization!

You both reek of immaturity.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Must Have Before You Toast A Nigerian Lady / What's The Difference Between Having Sex And Love-making? / Nigerian Lady In Italy Cries As Her Boyfriend Dumps Her (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.