Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? (40966 Views)

Should A Guy Collect Back Gifts He Bought For His Girlfriend After Break Up? / Have You Ever Cried Over A Failed Relationship? / What Happens After A Failed Marriage Proposal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Ayo2004: 2:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
khengxlei:
na poverty dey make pesin go collect gift back grin grin
and it's childish too
So Quavo wey be multi millionaire na poor man abi
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by epkereamaka60858: 2:43pm On Mar 24, 2021
Anichebe also collected his gwagon from cuppy lol

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by uthlaw: 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

And what's that suppose to mean?
meaning I don leave relationship matter!
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Fr33born(m): 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
If was the cause of the breakup or the relationship was going fine initially and I am convinced that you loved me, I will leave the gift for you but if I found out that you never loved me and have been fooling me while I was foolishly in love with you, I will collect all my gifts.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Mexzie(m): 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2021
When God broke up with Adam and Eve, did HE leave them to remain in the Garden if Eden?
Did he allow them to continue living as they used to live?
Was there not many consequences of the breakup?

Why then should a man after a break up, leave the good things he gave a girl?

The good things Adam and Eve enjoyed was only for them if the remained in the good relationship with God, same way too, the good things a girl enjoys from a man is only for as long as the good relationship continued..

There fellow men, don't be stupid.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by meliziz12(m): 2:59pm On Mar 24, 2021
I'm taking it back. The idea you will leave everything after relationship to a girl or guy makes them to keep making too many demands in a relationship.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
NobleSeed:
Lol why I no go collect am .
This is why is dangerous sometimes to buy expensive gifts for a potential gf.not even a wife .
Watin concern me we brake up local man discover my my 20,000MAH power bank was still with her, I made up with her collected my power bank then brake up with her . I hate nonsense wink
Correct guy
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by pozehnani(f): 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2021
shilz:
lol none even knew my street.

Lol... Baddest. grin
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by larrypappyy(m): 3:09pm On Mar 24, 2021
Kriss216:
If we're dating and I bought you things, when the relationship is over, it's expected you return everything.

The gifts are for the "Office of the Girlfriend", the next girlfriend will have the gifts.

would you return the pussy you've bleeped
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by pozehnani(f): 3:11pm On Mar 24, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

But you can't be in a defined relationship with someone and they won't know where you live.

Whether defined or undefined, no way! Provided I visit his place, no qualms. If they insist, highest we go to family house but not my crib.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
pozehnani:

Whether defined or undefined, no way! Provided I visit his place, no qualms. If they insist, highest we go to family house but not my crib.

Lol. Interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Kirkman: 3:21pm On Mar 24, 2021
GIANTPLUSHUB:
Yes and No.

Yes for an ungrateful leech who was in the relationship just to leech you of your resources. Collecting your gift back is worth it.

No for someone who you experienced great progress and other pleasant experiences and who was a wonderful partner but the relationship failed due to reasons that are beyond both of you control or ability. It doesn't worth collecting. You leave it for them because they are worth it and to create memories for them.
You are blessed
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Yoighaman(m): 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2021
In the first place, don't buy stuffs you cannot afford to let go.... that way, there would be no need for this kind of question.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Eastcaostboy: 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
Made619:
I know sometimes relationships don't go the way we plan them and most people go into relationships for different reasons but in a case where your heart was broken is it right to take back the gifts you once gave out of love?

Have come across stories of guys taking back their gifts, one even collected the television set he bought for his girl after brake up grin

What's your opinion on this pals? Why would i do that.... I let go everything and move on. Those things will be memories that she would use to brag about you wen she's with folks. Like we the gangsters...we always buy pretty ladies smart things with good KESH to bend them while we keep whipping them until we dump them and move to the next one. We don't take back shit from them....

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by tosaino95(m): 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
Expensive Things === Yes Not Expensive Things === No grin
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Eastcaostboy: 3:42pm On Mar 24, 2021
Made619:
I know sometimes relationships don't go the way we plan them and most people go into relationships for different reasons but in a case where your heart was broken is it right to take back the gifts you once gave out of love?

Have come across stories of guys taking back their gifts, one even collected the television set he bought for his girl after brake up grin

What's your opinion on this pals?

Why would i do that.... I let go everything and move on. Those things will be memories that she would use to brag about you wen she's with folks. Like we the gangsters...we always buy pretty ladies smart things with good KESH to bend them while we keep whipping them until we dump them and move to the next one. We don't take back shit from them....
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by StreetFight: 3:45pm On Mar 24, 2021
aremuforlife:
It all depends on how the relationship ended, there are some relationships that end peacefully, while some end bitterly.
For example, of I rented an apartment for a lady and she brings another man into that house, I will send her packing.

Without allowing her pick a pin.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Eastcaostboy: 3:45pm On Mar 24, 2021
chibnnodi:
The gifts belongs to the 'office of the girlfriend', it is for the next girlfriend.
Why would i do that.... I let go everything and move on. Those things will be memories that she would use to brag about you wen she's with folks. Like we the gangsters...we always buy pretty ladies smart things with good KESH to bend them while we keep whipping them until we dump them and move to the next one. We don't take back shit from them....
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2021
Every man to his own, anger and heartbreak is what many cannot control. Don't judge what you don't know and understand.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Itzurboi(m): 3:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
Relationship...
my opinion tho...
Any gift(s) given in a relationship within a period of 1 year or less should be retrieved because that's the warranty period to get back what your heart is not pleased with anymore....
If e pass, my dear... take your Bear, and move on..
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
bigpicture001:

Den why do gals suddenly hate their immediate ex partners and even wish them death...one of my guy's ex - had him gang beaten for not letting go....shey u no go vex in..?

Somebody no given u sex for 4years say sh b virgin,u free stay true to love..sh dump u den immediately turn charity for the next guy..just two weeks later...shey e no go vex u ni..?
For not allowing him to free himself or what
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:55pm On Mar 24, 2021
[quote author=Dpaulie post=100170326][/quote]
Stupid man he is a begger let him no go huzle no be him mates they carry load in the market??
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Hassanmaye(m): 3:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
Ayo2004:

Original gee...when I broke up with Nkechi and light spoil for my area,I go colet my power bank and original charger back

When I see men lamenting on how women they bought expensive cars and houses cheated on them,I wonder how stupid a person can be..I personally can never pay a woman's school fees,rent a house for her,buy a house for her,buy an expensive car or anything of such.Anyone that thinks I am very stingy should go and collect from her generous father.I don't plan on getting married so there is no wife exception.All those only applies to my mother and sisters
Periodtt
*Drink my hennesy in peace*
Why don't you want to get married we go give you our IMO girls to marry abeg
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2021
uthlaw:
meaning I don leave relationship matter!

Your headache.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Itzurboi(m): 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Why are you equating gifts with sex? Is a relationship an avenue for tit for tat? It's you men who keep breeding these disgusting entitlement mentality girls are having.
deviating from the topic, are you September born?
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
Nope...not at all...did it back in the days and i must say i regret it till today...just makes me feel cheap
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Exodora: 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2021
This reminds of an event in my area.
This particularly guy discovered that his long time girlfriend was getting married so he got annoyed and storm the girl's compound to demand for the return of everything he bought for her .
Only for the girl's father to ask him to sworn that he didn't had any kpekus with his daughter and that his daughter can only return the things he bought for her if only he can return those kpekus back and make that place tight again . Na so the guy cry like a baby go back house . Laugh and shame na finish everybody for that gathering .
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by SweetCunt97(f): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2021
Splitmind:

What woman goes into a relationship with any other mindset aside from what she will benefit financially?

If you've seen show me because me I've not seen.
Personally i buy gifts for my man that i love
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by SweetCunt97(f): 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2021
Exodora:
This reminds of an event in my area.
This particularly guy discovered that his long time girlfriend was getting married so he got annoyed and storm the girl's compound to demand for the return of everything he bought for her .
Only for the girl's father to ask him to sworn that he didn't had any kpekus with his daughter and that his daughter can only return the things he bought for her if only he can return those kpekus back and make that place tight again . Na so the guy cry like a baby go back house . Laugh and shame na finish everybody for that gathering .
Very funny
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by decrownprince(m): 5:12pm On Mar 24, 2021
Kriss216:
If we're dating and I bought you things, when the relationship is over, it's expected you return everything.

The gifts are for the "Office of the Girlfriend", the next girlfriend will have the gifts.

Correct. You have say it all.
Re: Is It Right To Take Back Gifts After A Failed Relationship? by Jephyard(m): 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
I am.beginning to think most Nigerians women are not responsible. once you leave a relationship please return the gift (holding to the gift at the other person displeasure show how selfish you are. if you value yourself or if you have an iota of self worth you have to return whatever gift you get from your previous relationship wherether the man ask for it or not). Except your ex insist that you can keep them.

Note: Even in marriages that is legally combined during divorce or separation both shared their property and go their separate ways let alone a girlfriend or boyfriend that has no documents on it.

there is nothing immature about one taking their gift back after breakup, the gift was given to you in trust and once that trust is broken on either side please return the gift. You won't die.

Most Nigerians women need a mental shift to God. Maybe it the one on Nairaland I don't just know. you can't keep gift after a relationship has gone south except your ex insist on you keeping them.

You all have a brain use it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Took An Oath With Her First Boyfriend / Excited Manchester United Couple Do Doggy Pose In Lovely Pre-wedding Photo / She Is Pregnant For Another Guy But In Love With Me.. Please Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.