Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael (3268 Views)

Sheikh Yasir Qadhi Insults Christians / Yasir Qadhi Slams Shabir Ally For Lying About Aisha! / Yasir Quadhi: Problems With The Preservation Of The Quran (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by AntiChristian: 10:42am On Apr 20, 2021
sagenaija:

Does Daif Hadiths exist today in islam? Yes.
Why?
Btw, the Koran is a hadith and contains some Daif Daif portions.

Daif Hadith exists to separate the wheat from the chaff. Of what use is authentication of tradition if not to separate truth from falsehood and certainty from doubt?
I laughed literally. Your ignorance is too epic! How is the Qur'an what you claim?

So, do you agree with Allah that there is the need for sacrifice which is why he sacrificed?
Koran 37: 107
"And We ransomed his son with a great sacrifice"
You seem to be running away from answering this question. Are you refusing to admit the truth?

There's no need for human sacrifice as Allah needs no blood. The sacrifice was a test for Abraham if he would obey what was inspired in his dream.
He passed the test and Allah replaced Isma'eel with the ram.

It is neither their meat nor their blood that reaches Allah, but it is piety from you that reaches Him...Qur'an 22:37
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by sagenaija: 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

Daif Hadith exists to separate the wheat from the chaff. Of what use is authentication of tradition if not to separate truth from falsehood and certainty from doubt?
I laughed literally. Your ignorance is too epic! How is the Qur'an what you claim?

There's no need for human sacrifice as Allah needs no blood. The sacrifice was a test for Abraham if he would obey what was inspired in his dream.
He passed the test and Allah replaced Isma'eel with the ram.

It is neither their meat nor their blood that reaches Allah, but it is piety from you that reaches Him...Qur'an 22:37

Al Tabari vol. 2 gave Hadiths on which son Abraham took to the mountain to sacrifice. In a set which had its chain of narrators going back to Mohamed it was Isaac. In another set with chain of narrators equally going back to Mohamed it was Ishmael!

Same book, different narrations and both claiming to go back to Mohamed! That is Islam for you. Like I have said repeatedly, it (Islam) speaks from both sides of the mouth.

1 Like

Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by enilove(m): 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2021
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
Al Tabari vol. 2 gave Hadiths on which son Abraham took to the mountain to sacrifice. In a set which had its chain of narrators going back to Mohamed it was Isaac. In another set with chain of narrators equally going back to Mohamed it was Ishmael!

Same book, different narrations and both claiming to go back to Mohamed! That is Islam for you. Like I have said repeatedly, it (Islam) speaks from both sides of the mouth.

I now understand why the Yoruba people call Muslims '' elenu meji '' . That is the spirit of Islam .
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by AntiChristian: 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2021
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]

That's the beauty of Islamic scholarship. They record all their researches and passed them down unlike yours. And these can be authenticated by checking those chains of narrators you mentioned. This is what is absent for the Bible.

1. Who wrote each of the Books?
2. How can 1. above be verified?
3. How are they passed down?
4.Who authenticated them at each generations?
5. Who are the copyists?
6.What are the credibilities of the copyists and writers?
7.How sound in remembring texts are they?
8.How was the Bible books gathered? compiled?

At-Tabari (may Allah be please with him) did his best to bring those two contrasting views up. And there were many scholars back then who hold each views. The "Prophet Isaac being sacrificed" reports are from the Jewish sources.
But the view that is prevalent and sound in Islam is that it is Ismaeel that was sacrificed.
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by sagenaija: 12:46pm On Apr 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

That's the beauty of Islamic scholarship. They record all their researches and passed them down unlike yours. And these can be authenticated by checking those chains of narrators you mentioned. This is what is absent for the Bible.

5. Who are the copyists?

At-Tabari (may Allah be please with him) did his best to bring those two contrasting views up. And there were many scholars back then who hold each views. The "Prophet Isaac being sacrificed" reports are from the Jewish sources.
But the view that is prevalent and sound in Islam is that it is Ismaeel that was sacrificed.

Only a Moslem mind will think that TWO CONTRASTING NARRATIONS of the same event both listed back to Mohamed are ok.
Only a Moslem mind will see that as 'beauty'.
Is it 'beauty' because both are credible?

So, two people are narrating the same incident, give different persons as the character of the story, and each one claims a chain of narrators that they link back to Mohamed and you clap for both of them as being right?
Only a warped mind would do that. Only a Moslem mind would do that.

A sane mind will immediately recognize that something is wrong somewhere. A sane mind will know that the acceptance of both as 'sahih' leaves room for any Moslem to dance around with any side. In the end that sets up confusion. But what it equally shows is that Islam EVOLVED over time, with each prevalent side which had the upper hand CHOOSING what to accept and codify as 'authentic'. We all know (and I hope you won't dispute this) that the Hadiths and stories about Mohamed came hundreds of years after Mohamed.

Infighting started in Islam immediately after Mohamed was supposed to have died. Each competing side chose what to believe and claim as to what Islam stood for. At the end we have all the confusion you guys are trying very hard to work round.

Unfortunately the historical records are there. They stand in testimony against any attempt to whitewash an already blackened pot.
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by AntiChristian: 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2021
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
Only a Moslem mind will think that TWO CONTRASTING NARRATIONS of the same event both listed back to Mohamed are ok.
Only a Moslem mind will see that as 'beauty'.

So, two people are narrating the same incident, give different persons as the character of the story, and each one claims a chain of narrators that they link back to Mohamed and you clap for both of them as being right?
Only a warped mind would do that.

A sane mind will immediately recognize that something is wrong somewhere. A sane mind will know that the acceptance of both as 'sahih' leaves room for any Moslem to dance around with any side. In the end that sets up confusion. But what it equally shows is that Islam EVOLVED over time, with each prevalent side which had the upper hand CHOOSING what to accept and codify as 'authentic'. We all know (and I hope you won't dispute this) that the Hadiths and stories about Mohamed came hundreds of years after Mohamed.

Infighting started in Islam immediately after Mohamed was supposed to have died. Each competing side chose what to believe and claim as to what Islam stood for. At the end we have all the confusion you guys are trying very hard to work round.

Unfortunately the historical records are there. They stand in testimony against any attempt to whitewash an already blackened pot.

State the two contrasting reports that are "Sahih"?

And infighting didn't errupt after Jesus left? Was it Peter or Paul that Christ will build his church?

The traditions are there but became writting later just like your Bible!

And you still haven't answered the following as regards the Bible:

5. Who are the copyists?
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

Actually, I don't have any business with Yasir. I only do need to state what is right.
Why do you like cherry picking so much?

In the Qu'ran verse above who is the forbearing boy? Or did you skipped that?

Later after the forbearing boy came glad tidings of Ishaq!

This is conflicting to you but clear to us.

bible comfiremed it was Isaac and your Quran is lying it was Ishmael because Mohammed is the seed of ishmeal....

bible that is far older than quran said it was isaac and quran is saying it was Ishmael.
this are the number one error in your Quran, you muslims are claiming Allah is the same God in the Bible... but the Bible stated it was Isaac God asked Abraham to sacrifice and Allah is saying is was Ishmael. this is why I said Allah is not the same God in the Bible....
can you see the different between the two God, Allah is an idol god.....
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by sagenaija: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

State the two contrasting reports that are "Sahih"?

And infighting didn't errupt after Jesus left? Was it Peter or Paul that Christ will build his church?

The traditions are there but became writting later just like your Bible!

And you still haven't answered the following as regards the Bible:

5. Who are the copyists?

The Koran affirms the Bible!
Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqLQTgKqODY
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by sulasa07(m): 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
sagenaija:

You guys can deny even your Allah and your prophet Mohamed just to win an argument. You are trying to distance yourself from Yasir Qadhi. I can see that. You will soon claim that he is not known in Islam.

Suddenly you "don't have any business with Yasir". So, does the fact that he provided Moslem sources not even challenge you to look at them to see the genuineness of his claim?

You are only being DECEITFUL or DISMISSIVE when you say that a matter of which Moslem scholars have divergent views is clear to you.

Now, a renowned Islamic scholar like him brings up portions of Islamic literature to show that MAJORITY of early Islamic scholars agree that it was Isaac that was to be sacrificed. What we expect you to do is be humble enough to look at the EVIDENCE provided and see how strong it is for you to take a position. Instead you seem to be willing to hold on to a preconceived position, with or without evidence for it.

Like I also repeatedly said, Islam speaks from both sides of the mouth. So, if some of your scholars are saying it is Isaac and others are saying that it is Ishmael, doesn't that show how confused the religion is? Is the Koran not supposed to make things plain? Where then is the clarity here?

The thing with you guys is that you have CREATED YOUR OWN PICTURE OF ISLAM and you run with that your creation no matter what.

You are always quick to want to go back to Mohamed. But when the position of earlier Moslems is presented to you on issues, and such position does not fit your narrative you disregard it or question its authenticity. You do this because you are afraid that some of the things you will find out about Islam may shake your faith in the religion. But is it not better to know the truth and go with it than live in falsehood?

If majority of earlier Islamic scholars believed that it was Isaac but later ones claimed it was Ishmael, who should you believe?

Again, between Ishmael and Isaac whose report in the Koran and circumstances of birth shows that he is the child of promise? What does the Koran which you claim to believe say about Ishmael on this matter?

What we see in the Koran is the glad tidings about Isaac, We blessed him and Isaac, etc. Can you show us where Ishmael was referred to in similar terms BY NAME?
Yasir Qadhi is not a Messenger, ALLAH has said in the Qur'an Ismail was to be sacrificed, besides Yasir Qadhi has been making controversial statements since some time now, all Notable Islamic scholars have been distancing themselves from him.
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by sagenaija: 9:29pm On Apr 21, 2021
sulasa07:

Yasir Qadhi is not a Messenger, ALLAH has said in the Qur'an Ismail was to be sacrificed, besides Yasir Qadhi has been making controversial statements since some time now, all Notable Islamic scholars have been distancing themselves from him.
The issue is not Yasir Qadhi.
The issue is that he quoted from Islamic sources.

So, what you should be looking at is not castigating Yasir Qadhi but at whether what he said is from authentic Islamic sources.
I wonder why you guys always think that personal attacks win arguments or debates. I also wonder why Moslems don't like the truth.

Btw, ALLAH never said in the Koran that Ismael was to be sacrificed.
I challenge you to show us where Allah named Ishmael as the one who was to be sacrificed. Perhaps we've left some things out so, show us.
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2021
sulasa07:

Quran is not Bible, Bible said it was Isaac and your idol pagan Allah said it's Ishmael.....

Jahovah said it was Isaac, Allah said it was Ishmael....

the difference is clear.... go on and worship your Allah and let me worship my jahovah in peace...

Allah and Jahovah is not the same....
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
[s]
sulasa07:

[/s]

the time Bible started existing they have never even think of to born Mohammed talk more of Islam to exist, Mohammed is the founder of Islam. your Quran said is Ishmael to fulfill the lies of Mohammed, lol you think we don't know because Mohammed is the seed of ishmeal...

you Muslims should continue......
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by sulasa07(m): 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2021
Asking me to quote something that has been quoted more than 3 times on this page, do you have to open some people's head and input some things into their brain in other for them to understand, I don't blame them though since ALLAH said: They have eyes, they don't see with it, they have ears, still they are deaf, they have a functioning brain and fucking still can't reason with it.
I tire for their case O
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
[s]
sulasa07:
Asking me to quote something that has been quoted more than 3 times on this page, do you have to open some people's head and input some things into their brain in other for them to understand, I don't blame them though since ALLAH said: They have eyes, they don't see with it, they have ears, still they are deaf, they have a functioning brain and fucking still can't reason with it.
I tire for their case O
[/s]

Allah is not Jahovah go and hit your head on the stone, Allah is a pagan moon god, an idol god.....
Jahovah said in the Bible He asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac and you are here telling me Allah said is Ishmael...

who is Allah self?

na that your same Allah told Mohammed to put asunder in Zaid marriage...

I no know if Allah na Devil or God...

what I know is that Allah is not the same God with christians, go on and worship your God in peace make una no dey put confusion dey tell people say Allah is the same God with christians...
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by AntiChristian: 9:31pm On Apr 22, 2021
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
The Koran affirms the Bible!
Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqLQTgKqODY

Dodging the questions and sending me to watch video!

When was the Bible compiled that the Qu'ran affirmed it?
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by AntiChristian: 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2021
Againstlies:

bible comfiremed it was Isaac and your Quran is lying it was Ishmael because Mohammed is the seed of ishmeal....

The Bible is the one lying and the Qu'ran is truthful. Abraham sacrificed the first born which is Ishmael.

bible that is far older than quran said it was isaac and quran is saying it was Ishmael.
this are the number one error in your Quran, you muslims are claiming Allah is the same God in the Bible... but the Bible stated it was Isaac God asked Abraham to sacrifice and Allah is saying is was Ishmael. this is why I said Allah is not the same God in the Bible....
can you see the different between the two God, Allah is an idol god.....

The Bible you say is older than the Qu'ran right?

3. How are the books of the bible passed down from generation to generation?
5. Who are the copyists?

And the God I worship is one God that needs no helper/son/partner/wife in his dominion. He is One and has no son. Jesus is His creation and slave just like all of us.

Your God needs a son. He needs him to die for him to for him to be able to save you guys.

Do you think we worship same God?
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by enilove(m): 12:04am On Apr 23, 2021
AntiChristian:

The Bible is the one lying and the Qu'ran is truthful. Abraham sacrificed the first born which is Ishmael.

5. Who are the copyists?

And the God I worship is one God that needs no helper/son/partner/wife in his dominion. He is One and has no son. Jesus is His creation and slave just like all of us.

Your God needs a son. He needs him to die for him to for him to be able to save you guys.

Foolish questions which you need to ask your prophet and Allah because they should have asked these questions before given the Scripture below :

Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala said:

وَلْيَحْكُمْ أَهْلُ الْإِنْجِيلِ بِمَآ أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ فِيهِ  ۚ وَمَنْ لَّمْ يَحْكُمْ بِمَآ أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ فَأُولٰٓئِكَ هُمُ الْفٰسِقُونَ
"And let the People of the Gospel judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the defiantly disobedient."
(QS. Al-Maaida 5: Verse 47)

As a last resort , you can travel to Israel to get your answers .
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 23, 2021
AntiChristian:

lol you are free to lie, because there is nothing truthful that can come out from Islam, your Allah has been a liar from the beginning,
just the way your Allah lied that Muslims will marry 77 virgins in your sex paradise..

AntiChristian:

5. Who are the copyists?

lol stop disturbing yourself, Bible is older than Quran and Allah is not God, Mohammed is a terrorist and a killer, after reading the Quran the next thing that comes to someone head is to become a terrorist and bomb people...

ride on! after killing innocent people you will marry 77 virgins in your sex paradise....

AntiChristian:

lol stop saying the God you worship is one God, say there is no God but Allah.... grin
you claimed the God you worship is one God, the one God called Himself Yahwah, why do you Muslims have to pray with Allah instead of Yahweh because you don't want your lies about Allah to be exposed....
Jahovah is not Allah, Allah is an idol god....

Muslims also claimed that Muslims means submitting to the only true God, yes Jesus submitted to the only true God but you muslims are submitting to Kaaba the black stone in Mecca.

just the way your Allah was praying for Mohammed, who was Allah sending his prayers too?
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by AntiChristian: 9:27am On Apr 23, 2021
Againstlies:

lol you are free to lie, because there is nothing truthful that can come out from Islam, your Allah has been a liar from the beginning,
just the way your Allah lied that Muslims will marry 77 virgins in your sex paradise..

lol stop disturbing yourself, Bible is older than Quran and Allah is not God, Mohammed is a terrorist and a killer, after reading the Quran the next thing that comes to someone head is to become a terrorist and bomb people...
ride on! after killing innocent people you will marry 77 virgins in your sex paradise....
Numbers Chapter 31:17-18
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves

Yahweh commanded Moses to kill everybody but leave virgins. Why? How do they know who is virgin? How old are they? How many were the women children? What later happened to them after destroying their home?
Talking about virgins o!

lol stop saying the God you worship is one God, say there is no God but Allah.... grin
you claimed the God you worship is one God, the one God called Himself Yahwah, why do you Muslims have to pray with Allah instead of Yahweh because you don't want your lies about Allah to be exposed....
Jahovah is not Allah, Allah is an idol god....

Allah says He is one and only! Is there a place Yahweh call himself three in one? And the meaning of the Shahadah is " There is no god worthy of worship except Allah" not the wrong impression you wrote up there. No one is calling Allah Jahovah! Jahovah is three in one. Allah is just one.
Jahovah needs his son to die to save you. Allah has no son and saves without death or blood.

And Allah is never an idol. This is another Christian lie.

Muslims also claimed that Muslims means submitting to the only true God, yes Jesus submitted to the only true God but you Muslims are submitting to Kaaba the black stone in Mecca.
just the way your Allah was praying for Mohammed, who was Allah sending his prayers too?
Nonsense as usual. Think before you type. Abraham, Noah, etc are Muslims as explained in the Qur'an. Did they all submit to Kaaba too?

You are just too ignorant and arrogant.

You still need to answer this question below. I will keep repeating it till you answer them all.

5. Who are the copyists?
6.What are the credibility of the copyists and writers?
7.How sound in remembering texts are they?
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by AntiChristian: 9:54am On Apr 23, 2021
enilove:

Foolish questions which you need to ask your prophet and Allah because they should have asked these questions before given the Scripture below :

وَلْيَحْكُمْ أَهْلُ الْإِنْجِيلِ بِمَآ أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ فِيهِ  ۚ وَمَنْ لَّمْ يَحْكُمْ بِمَآ أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ فَأُولٰٓئِكَ هُمُ الْفٰسِقُونَ
"And let the People of the Gospel judge by what Allah has revealed therein. And whoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed - then it is those who are the defiantly disobedient."

As a last resort , you can travel to Israel to get your answers .

To answer these we need you to give us the answers to the following:

1. Who wrote each of the Bible Books?
5. Who are the copyists?
9. Did Jesus start Christianity? Mention where he started it?
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 23, 2021
AntiChristian:

Numbers Chapter 31:17-18
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves

Yahweh commanded Moses to kill everybody but leave virgins. Why? How do they know who is virgin? How old are they? How many were the women children? What later happened to them after destroying their home?
Talking about virgins o!

you only quoted the verse suit your argument,
read from Numbers 31:1-2

the Lord said to Moses [b] avenge the Mid'ianite; afterward you shall be gathered to your people.

what is the meaning of avenge?

AntiChristian:

Allah says He is one and only! Is there a place Yahweh call himself three in one? And the meaning of the Shahadah is " There is no god worthy of worship except Allah" not the wrong impression you wrote up there. No one is calling Allah Jahovah! Jahovah is three in one. Allah is just one.
Jahovah needs his son to die to save you. Allah has no son and saves without death or blood.

the God of Moses called Himself Yahwah not Allah, I didn't see Allah in the Bible, and Yahweh revealed to Moses He will send a Messiah to the people?

what is the meaning of Messiah?

AntiChristian:

And Allah is never an idol. This is another Christian lie.

Allah is an idol God

AntiChristian:

Nonsense as usual. Think before you type. Abraham, Noah, etc are Muslims as explained in the Qur'an. Did they all submit to Kaaba too?

You are just too ignorant and arrogant.

yes they are Muslims because they submitted there self to the only true God called Yahwah, why didn't Abraham, Noah, etc bowl down to Kaaba the black stone to pray, why didn't they mention inshallah when praying?

AntiChristian:

You still need to answer this question below. I will keep repeating it till you answer them all.

5. Who are the copyists?

the idea I have about bible is that the bible schooler are christians and Jews...

not as Quran after reading Quran the next thing that comes up in your head is to join terrorist?
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by enilove(m): 10:30am On Apr 23, 2021
AntiChristian:

To answer these we need you to give us the answers to the following:

5. Who are the copyists?

Go and get the answers from Muhammad and Allah. They must have gotten answers to your questions b4 telling Christians to follow the Bible.
Unless you are calling Muhammad a fool and a liar.

This is also repeated in the same chapter verse verse 68 to acknowledge that the Bible is the truth .

Are you saying that Allah and Muhammad did not know when they revealed this verse of the Quran ?
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by AntiChristian: 10:56am On Apr 23, 2021
Againstlies:

you only quoted the verse suit your argument,
read from Numbers 31:1-2

the Lord said to Moses [b] avenge the Mid'ianite; afterward you shall be gathered to your people.

what is the meaning of avenge?

I thought your God no dey kill? Why will He avenge and not forgive? So what does He need the virgins for?

the God of Moses called Himself Yahwah not Allah, I didn't see Allah in the Bible, and Yahweh revealed to Moses He will send a Messiah to the people?
The Hebrew name was not pronounced and is usually denoted as YHWH not Yahweh. Sending a messiah to the people of Israel or the world? Jesus was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel and they rejected him in Israel till today.

what is the meaning of Messiah?
This is an Epithet of Jesus son of Maryam.

Allah is an idol God
Where is your proof?

yes they are Muslims because they submitted there self to the only true God called Yahwah, why didn't Abraham, Noah, etc bowl down to Kaaba the black stone to pray, why didn't they mention inshallah when praying?

Abraham, Moses, David, Elijah, Elisha, Solomon, Jacob, Isaac, Ishmael, Jesus and others are Muslims cos they submit to the will of Allah. Did they all clap, sing, dance and speak in tongues like you do today? No! they bowed in worship to Allah.

1. Jesus: Going a little farther, he (Jesus) fell with his face to the ground and prayed Matthew 26:39

2. Abram: "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying...," - Old Testament (Genesis 17:3)

3. Abraham:"Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?" - Old Testament (Genesis 17:17)

4. Moses: "And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshiped." - Old Testament (Exodus 34:cool

5. Moses & Aaron:“And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto them.” - Old Testament (Numbers 20:6)

6. Moses & Aaron:"And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?" - Old Testament (Numbers 16:20-22)

7. Ezra and his People: And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground. - Old Testament (Nehemiah 8:6)

8. Joshua: "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)

9. A Prophet: "And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 9:cool

10 Jehoshaphat: "And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD." - Old Testament (2 Chronicles 20:18)

11. A Prophet:"And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?" - Old Testament (Ezekiel 11:13)

the idea I have about bible is that the bible schooler are christians and Jews...
Give us their names and details. Give the answers in full. I can wait. Ask your pastors.

5. Who are the copyists?

not as Quran after reading Quran the next thing that comes up in your head is to join terrorist?

Alhamdulillah! We are not terrorists. If you want to see terrorists go to the thread below:

1. https://www.nairaland.com/5583033/more-terror-lord-jesus

2. https://www.nairaland.com/5581305/after-moses-joshua-continues-terror

3. https://www.nairaland.com/6247685/killed-42-kids-why

4. https://www.nairaland.com/6024067/some-punishments-jehovah
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 23, 2021
AntiChristian:
It is proven from the Qu'ran and Sunnah that it was Isma'eel and not Ishaq that Ibraheem wanted to sacrifice.

Praise be to Allah.

Allaah says of His slave and Close Friend (Khaleel) Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) (interpretation of the meaning):

And he said (after his rescue from the fire): “Verily, I am going to my Lord. He will guide me!”

“My Lord! Grant me (offspring) from the righteous.”

So We gave him the glad tidings of a forbearing boy.

And, when he (his son) was old enough to walk with him, he said: “O my son! I have seen in a dream that I am slaughtering you (offering you in sacrifice to Allaah). So look what you think!” He said: “O my father! Do that which you are commanded, In shaa’ Allaah (if Allaah wills), you shall find me of As-Saabiroon (the patient).”

Then, when they had both submitted themselves (to the Will of Allaah), and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead (or on the side of his forehead for slaughtering);

We called out to him: “O Ibraaheem!

You have fulfilled the dream!” Verily, thus do We reward the Muhsinoon (good-doers).

Verily, that indeed was a manifest trial.

And We ransomed him with a great sacrifice (i.e. a ram);

And We left for him (a goodly remembrance) among the later generations.

“Salaam (peace) be upon Ibraaheem!”

Thus indeed do We reward the Muhsinoon (good-doers).

Verily, he was one of Our believing slaves.

And We gave him the glad tidings of Ishaaq (Isaac) a Prophet from the righteous.

We blessed him and Ishaaq (Isaac). And of their progeny are (some) that do right, and some that plainly wrong themselves.” [al-Saaffaat 37:99-113)

Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Allaah tells us that when His Close Friend (Khaleel) Ibraaheem migrated from the land of his people, he asked his Lord to grant him a righteous son, so Allaah gave him the glad tidings of a forbearing boy. This was Ismaa’eel (peace be upon him), because he was the first child who was born (to Ibraaheem, peace be upon him). There is no dispute on this point among the followers of the various religions [Jews, Christians and Muslims], that (Ismaa’eel) was the first child born to Ibraaheem.

“And, when he (his son) was old enough to walk with him” means, when he grew up and was able to take care of himself, like his father. Mujaahid said: “And, when he (his son) was old enough to walk with him” means, when he grew up and was able to ride and walk and work like his father did. When this happened, then Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) saw a dream in which he was commanded to sacrifice this son of his. According to a hadeeth narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas and attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “The dreams of the Prophets are Wahy (revelation).” So Allaah was testing His Close Friend by commanding him to sacrifice this beloved son who had come to him in his old age, when he was very old, and after he had been commanded to settle the child and his mother in the desert, in a valley in which there was no noise, no people, no vegetation and no animals. So Ibraaheem obeyed the command of Allaah and left them there, putting his trust in Allaah, and Allaah sent them provision, from an unexpected source. After all that, when Ibraaheem was ordered to sacrifice this son of his, who was his firstborn and his only child, he responded to his Lord and obeyed His command, hastening to do as He willed. So he told his son about it so as to put him at ease and not sacrifice him by force.

“He said: ‘O my son! I have seen in a dream that I am slaughtering you (offering you in sacrifice to Allaah). So look what you think!’” The forbearing boy immediately responded: “He said: ‘O my father! Do that which you are commanded, In shaa’ Allaah (if Allaah wills), you shall find me of As-Saabiroon (the patient).’” This was the best answer he could give, an example of obedience to his father and to the Lord of mankind. Allaah said (interpretation of the meaning):

“Then, when they had both submitted themselves (to the Will of Allaah), and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead (or on the side of his forehead for slaughtering).” It was said that “when they had both submitted themselves” meant when they had both surrendered to the command of Allaah. “and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead” means that he put him face down. It was said that he wanted to slaughter him from behind so that he would not see his face at the time of slaughter. This was the view of Ibn ‘Abbaas, Mujaahid, Sa’eed ibn Jubayr, Qutaadah and al-Dahhaak… “They both submitted themselves” means that Ibraaheem said Bismillaahi’r-Rahmaan ir-Raheem and said Allaahu akbar and the boy said La ilaaha ill-Allaah because he was about to die. Al-Saddi and others said that (Ibraaheem) passed the knife over the boy’s throat but it did not cut him at all. It was said that a sheet of copper was placed between the knife and his throat, and Allaah knows best. Then it was called out from Allaah:

“’O Ibraaheem! You have fulfilled the dream!’” meaning, the purpose has been achieved, you have been tested and your obedience and willingness to do what your Lord commands have been proven. An alternative sacrifice will be provided instead of your son, just as you willingly submitted your body to the flames and you spent your wealth to honour your guests. Hence Allaah said:

“Verily, that indeed was a manifest trial” meaning that it was an obvious test.

“And We ransomed him with a great sacrifice” means, We provided a ransom for his son, an alternative to be sacrificed in his stead. According to the best known opinion of the majority of scholars, this was a fine white horned ram. Al-Thawri narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Uthmaan ibn Khaytham from Sa’eed ibn Jubayr that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: It was a ram that had grazed in Paradise for forty years.

It was also narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the dried ram’s head was still hanging on the downspout of the Ka’bah. This alone is evidence that the one who was to be sacrificed was Ismaa’eel, because he was the one who was settled in Makkah and we have never heard that Ishaaq ever came to Makkah from the time he was little. And Allaah knows best.

See Al-Bidaayah wa’l-Nihaayah by Ibn Katheer, 1/157-158

The one who was to be sacrificed was Ismaa’eel and not Ishaaq, because of the reasons stated above. In his Tafseer (commentary) on these Ayaat, Ibn Katheer also mentioned a number of points which prove that it was Ismaa’eel who was to be sacrificed. These points may be summed up as follows:

Ismaa’eel was the first child of whom glad tidings were given to Ibraaheem. He was older than Ishaaq according to the consensus of the Muslims and the People of the Book (Jews and Christians). According to the scriptures of the People of the Book, it was stated that Allaah commanded Ibraaheem to sacrifice his only son, and in some manuscripts it says that he was to sacrifice his first-born son.

The first son is usually more dear than other children, so the command to sacrifice him is a more exacting test.

It is mentioned that glad tidings of a forbearing boy were given, and that he was the one who was to be sacrificed. Later in the passage it says (interpretation of the meaning): “And We gave him the glad tidings of Ishaaq (Isaac) a Prophet from the righteous.” When the angels brought the glad tidings of Ishaaq to Ibraaheem, they said: “We give you glad tidings of a boy (son) possessing much knowledge and wisdom” [al-Hijr 15:53 – interpretation of the meaning].

Allâh said (interpretation of the meaning): “But We gave her glad tidings of Ishaaq, and after him, of Ya’qoob.” (Hood 11:71) meaning that a child called Ya’qoob would be born during their (Sara and Ishaaq’s) lifetimes, and he would have many descendents… and it does not sound right for Ibraaheem to be commanded to sacrifice him when he was little, because Allaah had promised that he would have many descendents.

Ismaa’eel is described here (in Soorat al-Saffaat) as being “forbearing” because this is very appropriate in this context.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 4/15. And Allaah knows best.

From islamQA.com

All you quoted from your Koran didn't have a single mention of Ishmael. Except if the spelling is somehow obscured or I'm missing something.
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 23, 2021
AntiChristian:

I thought your God no dey kill? Why will He avenge and not forgive? So what does He need the virgins for?

you can't judge God, He do things in His own time, He is God of consuming fire and He is also a merciful God, He destroy and He also bless?

the Moses and Joshua you are claiming that God order to kill, they also blessed people in their time,

in all that God still gave Moses and his prophet to see vision, perform miracles and wonders,

how many wonders have your Mohammed did than to kill, rape, and commit all kind of evil.

how many people have your terrorist brothers blessed, what good have ever comes out from Bokoharams, terrorist, infact as a Muslim in a whole?

now I ask you what are the Bokoharams avenging for?

are you saying the virgins were sent to heaven? grin

for my own understand;
for God to spare the virgins, I think they are righteous...

read Jushua 2

God spared rehab the prostitute in Jericho, God has a reason for everything....

AntiChristian:

The Hebrew name was not pronounced and is usually denoted as YHWH not Yahweh.

even if it's YHWH how does that sounds like Allah

AntiChristian:

This is an Epithet of Jesus son of Maryam.

moses said the messiah shall live forever,
where is mohammad and where is Jesus?
jesus died and resurrected that means Jesus lives,
but quran comfirmed that Mohammed is death and He is rotten in the grave...

AntiChristian:

Where is your proof?

Allah is a pagan god, an idol god.

the prove is the Kaaba, the black stone...
Muslims are idol worshippers....

AntiChristian:

Abraham, Moses, David, Elijah, Elisha, Solomon, Jacob, Isaac, Ishmael, Jesus and others are Muslims cos they submit to the will of Allah. Did they all clap, sing, dance and speak in tongues like you do today? No! they bowed in worship to Allah.

not Allah as point of correction, they summited their selves to Yahwah, the only true God...

Mohammed introduced Allah to his followers...

AntiChristian:

1. Jesus: Going a little farther, he (Jesus) fell with his face to the ground and prayed Matthew 26:39

lol because Jesus face His head on the ground that makes him a Muslim, study proves that Mohammed is the founder of Islam,
how come?
Jesus and others in the Bible are Muslims but they didn't mention Allah in the Bible....

AntiChristian:

Give us their names and details. Give the answers in full. I can wait. Ask your pastors.

5. Who are the copyists?

I have the answers to your questions...

if you can answer this my simple question I will answer your questions,

you Muslims said Allah is God in Arab,

my question is why do Muslims that are not in Arab pray and must mention Allah?

since God is Allah in Arab

why do yoruba or Igbo Muslim pray and must mention Allah in their prayers, God have a name in yoruba, Igbo and other language. then why must a Muslim in other countries pray and mention Allah.

AntiChristian:

Alhamdulillah! We are not terrorists. If you want to see terrorists go to the thread below:

1. https://www.nairaland.com/5583033/more-terror-lord-jesus

keep decieving yourself,

check for yourself the most terrorist people ever lived and you will see they are Muslims, are you ashamed of them,

they are doing what your Quran ask them to do
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by sagenaija: 3:41pm On Apr 23, 2021
AntiChristian:

Dodging the questions and sending me to watch video!

When was the Bible compiled that the Qu'ran affirmed it?
Dodging the answer by not watching the video.
Why do think running away from the truth will help your case?
You cannot judge the Bible with the claims you make about your Koran. Don't you get it? Find out what we claim about the Bible and then ask questions based on that.
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by AntiChristian: 10:42am On Apr 25, 2021
sagenaija:

Dodging the answer by not watching the video.
Why do think running away from the truth will help your case?
You cannot judge the Bible with the claims you make about your Koran. Don't you get it? Find out what we claim about the Bible and then ask questions based on that.

I asked a typed question and not a video question. Type the answers for us to read.
No all can watch video.
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 25, 2021
AntiChristian:

5. Who are the copyists?

I have answers to your questions?

(1)

Who wrote each of the bible books,

Genesis, written by Moses

Exodus, written by Moses

Leviticus, written by Moses

Numbers, written by Moses

Deuteronomy, written by Moses

Joshua, written by Joshua (except the parts relating to his death)

Judges, written by Samuel, Nathan, Gad

Ruth, written by Samuel, Nathan, Gad

1 Samuel, written by Samuel, Nathan, Gad

2 Samuel, written by Samuel, Nathan, Gad

1 Kings, written by Jeremiah

2 Kings, written by Jeremiah

1 Chronicles, written by Ezra

2 Chronicles, written by Ezra

Ezra, written by Ezra

Nehemiah, written by Nehemiah, Ezra

Esther, written by Mordecai: It is probable that the book was compiled after his death based on his personal records

Job, written by Job: Moses may have compiled the book based on Job’s records

Psalms, written by David, and several others including Asaph, Ezra, the sons of Korah, Heman, Ethan, Moses and a host of unnamed authors

Proverbs, written by Solomon: Agur and Lemuel are specifically named as the writers of Proverbs 30 and 31

Ecclesiastes, written by Solomon

Song of Solomon (also known as, Song of Songs or Canticles), written by Solomon: though this is debated

Isaiah, written by Isaiah

Jeremiah, written by Jeremiah

Lamentations, written by Jeremiah

Ezekiel, written by Ezekiel

Daniel, written by Daniel

Minor Prophets
The Minor Prophets are so named because they are shorter not because they are less important.

Hosea, written by Hosea

Joel, written by Joel

Amos, written by Amos

Obadiah, written by Obadiah

Jonah, written by Jonah

Micah, written by Micah

Nahum, written by Nahum

Habakkuk, written by Habakkuk

Zephaniah, written by Zephaniah

Haggai, written by Haggai

Zechariah, written by Zechariah

Malachi, written by Malachi

New Testament
The New Testament is also divided into groups. All of these books were written in the first century AD.

Gospels
Matthew, written by Matthew

Mark, written by John Mark

Luke, written by Luke

John, written by John, the Apostle

Acts, written by Luke

Romans, written by Paul

1 Corinthians, written by Paul

2 Corinthians, written by Paul

Galatians, written by Paul

Ephesians, written by Paul

Philippians, written by Paul

Colossians, written by Paul

1 Thessalonians, written by Paul

2 Thessalonians, written by Paul

1 Timothy, written by Paul

2 Timothy, written by Paul

Titus, written by Paul

Philemon, written by Paul

General Epistles
Hebrews, written by Paul, Luke, Barnabas, Apollos

James, written by James: there are several men named James who could have been the author. Most scholars say this is James the brother of Jesus and Jude (not the Apostle, brother of John).

1 Peter, written by Peter

2 Peter, written by Peter

1 John, written by John, the Apostle

2 John, written by John, the Apostle

3 John, written by John, the Apostle

Jude, written by Jude, the brother of Jesus and James, not the Apostle (Jude 17)

(2)

How can 1. above be verified?

Internal evidence....

(3)

How are the books of bible passed down from generation to generation?

Passing on our Faith begins in the family home as spiritual practices; and adds knowledge through the larger community of faith.

Psalm 145:4 “One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts …”

Passing on our faith one generation to another.

(4)

Who authenticated them at each generation?

The Jews and christians Bible scholar

(5)

Who are the copyist?

The Bible scholar

(6)

What are the credibility of the copyist and writers?

Internal evidence

The new testament

Reliability of present translation

Relative value of ancient manuscripts

Other means of verification

The inspiration of the Bible

(7)

How sound in remembering text are they?

(8.)

How was the Bible books gathered, compiled?

by the Jews and Christian scholar....

(9)

Did Jesus start Christianity? and mention where he start it.

Christianity started after Jesus died, resurrect and abscend to heaven...

@enilove and @sagenaija

this are the answers to the questions...

1 Like

Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by AntiChristian: 11:46am On Apr 25, 2021
Againstlies:

you can't judge God, He do things in His own time, He is God of consuming fire and He is also a merciful God, He destroy and He also bless?

the Moses and Joshua you are claiming that God order to kill, they also blessed people in their time,

in all that God still gave Moses and his prophet to see vision, perform miracles and wonders,

how many wonders have your Mohammed did than to kill, rape, and commit all kind of evil.

how many people have your terrorist brothers blessed, what good have ever comes out from Bokoharams, terrorist, infact as a Muslim in a whole?
Hypocrisy is telling me not to judge your God when you keep judging here. Boko haram is using your God's consuming fire to kill us. Same way your God destroyed everything Job had in your Bible. Na your God send Boko haram!

Your God said he creates calamity in Isaiah 45:7 so I'm certain he sent them.

now I ask you what are the Bokoharams avenging for?
Ask the holy spirit or consult them.

are you saying the virgins were sent to heaven? grin
There were sent for rituals before sex (Deuteronomy 21:10-14)

for my own understand;
for God to spare the virgins, I think they are righteous...
read Jushua 2
God spared rehab the prostitute in Jericho, God has a reason for everything....
Your understanding is shallow.

even if it's YHWH how does that sounds like Allah

A name that wasn't pronounced for long won't such name be forgotten? Anyways! Allah is the name of the God almighty worthy of all worship! Moses worshipped God in his language. Same as Noah and others even Jesus. They and their disciples spoke the language of the messengers sent to them.

moses said the messiah shall live forever,
where is mohammad and where is Jesus?
jesus died and resurrected that means Jesus lives,
but quran comfirmed that Mohammed is death and He is rotten in the grave...
Did Moses say Messiah will die and be buried from Friday and wake up Sunday?
Jesus didn't die at all. He will come to complete his mission as a Muslim. Muhammad has completed his mission on earth hence he died.

Allah is a pagan god, an idol god.
the prove is the Kaaba, the black stone...
Muslims are idol worshippers....

Can you mention any texts that says Muslims are to worship the Kaaba?

Muslims face Jerusalem mosque before. Were they worshipping it too?
Seems your ignorance is astonishing!

not Allah as point of correction, they summited their selves to Yahwah, the only true God...
They worshipped the Lord the creator of all things we call Allah. It is Allah you hypocrites used in the Arabic Bible. But you're telling lies here. Or can we say you are ignorant? Allah is everywhere in the Arabic Bible translated by Christians so stop lying!

Mohammed introduced Allah to his followers...
Yeah! He wrote the Arabic Bible too.

lol because Jesus face His head on the ground that makes him a Muslim, study proves that Mohammed is the founder of Islam,
how come?
Jesus and others in the Bible are Muslims but they didn't mention Allah in the Bible....
Just to show you Jesus was a worshipper too.
Same story. They mentioned Allah in the Arabic Bible. They won't mention it in your English Bible.

I have the answers to your questions...

if you can answer this my simple question I will answer your questions,

you Muslims said Allah is God in Arab,

my question is why do Muslims that are not in Arab pray and must mention Allah?

since God is Allah in Arab

why do yoruba or Igbo Muslim pray and must mention Allah in their prayers, God have a name in yoruba, Igbo and other language. then why must a Muslim in other countries pray and mention Allah.

keep decieving yourself,

check for yourself the most terrorist people ever lived and you will see they are Muslims, are you ashamed of them,

they are doing what your Quran ask them to do

We mention Allah so as to differentiate him from all other gods you worship. Allah has no partner, no son, no helper, no wife, etc.

He is One not three in one, the Lord that has no son and didn't father anyone.

The language of the last Prophet of Islam is Arabic which is one of the Semitic languages from shem son of Noah. So we all worship our Lord same way everywhere in the world in one tongue. I can walk in to any mosque anywhere in the world and pray my Salah in a similar way.

Boko haram was sent by your Lord since he says he brings calamity in Isaiah 45:7 just like the fire of God punished Job.
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by AntiChristian: 11:55am On Apr 25, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

All you quoted from your Koran didn't have a single mention of Ishmael. Except if the spelling is somehow obscured or I'm missing something.

Of course. You're missing something.
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by AntiChristian: 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2021
Againstlies:

I have answers to your questions?

(1)

Who wrote each of the bible books,

Genesis, written by Moses

Exodus, written by Moses

Leviticus, written by Moses

Numbers, written by Moses

Deuteronomy, written by Moses

Joshua, written by Joshua (except the parts relating to his death)

Judges, written by Samuel, Nathan, Gad

Ruth, written by Samuel, Nathan, Gad

1 Samuel, written by Samuel, Nathan, Gad

2 Samuel, written by Samuel, Nathan, Gad

1 Kings, written by Jeremiah

2 Kings, written by Jeremiah

1 Chronicles, written by Ezra

2 Chronicles, written by Ezra

Ezra, written by Ezra

Nehemiah, written by Nehemiah, Ezra

Esther, written by Mordecai: It is probable that the book was compiled after his death based on his personal records

Job, written by Job: Moses may have compiled the book based on Job’s records

Psalms, written by David, and several others including Asaph, Ezra, the sons of Korah, Heman, Ethan, Moses and a host of unnamed authors

Proverbs, written by Solomon: Agur and Lemuel are specifically named as the writers of Proverbs 30 and 31

Ecclesiastes, written by Solomon

Song of Solomon (also known as, Song of Songs or Canticles), written by Solomon: though this is debated

Isaiah, written by Isaiah

Jeremiah, written by Jeremiah

Lamentations, written by Jeremiah

Ezekiel, written by Ezekiel

Daniel, written by Daniel

Minor Prophets
The Minor Prophets are so named because they are shorter not because they are less important.

Hosea, written by Hosea

Joel, written by Joel

Amos, written by Amos

Obadiah, written by Obadiah

Jonah, written by Jonah

Micah, written by Micah

Nahum, written by Nahum

Habakkuk, written by Habakkuk

Zephaniah, written by Zephaniah

Haggai, written by Haggai

Zechariah, written by Zechariah

Malachi, written by Malachi

New Testament
The New Testament is also divided into groups. All of these books were written in the first century AD.

Gospels
Matthew, written by Matthew

Mark, written by John Mark

Luke, written by Luke

John, written by John, the Apostle

Acts, written by Luke

Romans, written by Paul

1 Corinthians, written by Paul

2 Corinthians, written by Paul

Galatians, written by Paul

Ephesians, written by Paul

Philippians, written by Paul

Colossians, written by Paul

1 Thessalonians, written by Paul

2 Thessalonians, written by Paul

1 Timothy, written by Paul

2 Timothy, written by Paul

Titus, written by Paul

Philemon, written by Paul

General Epistles
Hebrews, written by Paul, Luke, Barnabas, Apollos

James, written by James: there are several men named James who could have been the author. Most scholars say this is James the brother of Jesus and Jude (not the Apostle, brother of John).

1 Peter, written by Peter

2 Peter, written by Peter

1 John, written by John, the Apostle

2 John, written by John, the Apostle

3 John, written by John, the Apostle

Jude, written by Jude, the brother of Jesus and James, not the Apostle (Jude 17)

(2)

How can 1. above be verified?

Internal evidence....

(3)

How are the books of bible passed down from generation to generation?

Passing on our Faith begins in the family home as spiritual practices; and adds knowledge through the larger community of faith.

Psalm 145:4 “One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts …”

Passing on our faith one generation to another.

(4)

Who authenticated them at each generation?

The Jews and christians Bible scholar

(5)

Who are the copyist?

The Bible scholar

(6)

What are the credibility of the copyist and writers?

Internal evidence

The new testament

Reliability of present translation

Relative value of ancient manuscripts

Other means of verification

(7)

How sound in remembering text are they?

(8.)

How was the Bible books gathered, compiled?

by the Jews and Christian scholar....

@enilove and @sagenaija

this are the answers to the questions...

Honest answers grin Enilove , sagenaija, antiislam do you agree with this before I start breaking them piece by piece?
Re: Yasir Qadhi: Who Did God Ask Abraham To Sacrifice? Isaac Not Ishmael by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
AntiChristian:

Honest answers grin Enilove , sagenaija, antiislam do you agree with this before I start breaking them piece by piece?

answer my question why a Muslim must pray with the name Allah?
I see an argument that Allah is God in Arab, then why must a non Arab Muslim pray with the name Allah?
a Muslim will pray in English and put Allah, a Muslim will pray in Spanish and put Allah, a Muslim will pray in yoruba and put Allah, a Muslim will pray in Igbo and put Allah, a Muslim will pray with any language and put Allah.
my question is why?
since Muslims claimed they are serving the same God with christians why must they use the Arab name Allah to pray in Muslim and abandoned the name God gave himself Yahwah/Jahovah..
every countries has the name of God in their language but Muslims insist to use Arab God name,
that mean Allah is only an Arab God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reasons Why Edo Bear Yoruba Names / Pastor Tb Joshua's Church Being Investigated By Uk Health Officials / Must Tithe Be Paid In Church???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 219
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.