Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,095 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu (20164 Views)

My Daughter Of 4+ Years Would Not Allow Me And Wife Have Sex At Night / My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? / "I Never Believed I Would Marry An Illiterate" - Abuja Based Lady Reveals. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by lindareep: 11:47am On May 04, 2021
OSU?
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Bar1941(m): 11:47am On May 04, 2021
I thought someone posted a story sometime ago that Osu system had finally been abolished, how come your family is still being adamant? Anyway marry the person if you truly loves him.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by IgweOfNnewi: 11:47am On May 04, 2021
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Kennitrust(m): 11:48am On May 04, 2021
I thought that fashion has been abolish
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Emyogalanya: 11:49am On May 04, 2021
Hammergirl:
Hi, I'm in love with an osu but my family forbids it. How do I convince them to allow me to marry him?
fake person get away with your fake story. Tribalist
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Blaizy9(f): 11:49am On May 04, 2021
Hmmm
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by hustla(m): 11:50am On May 04, 2021
Hammergirl:
Hi, I'm in love with an osu but my family forbids it. How do I convince them to allow me to marry him?

OSU? In 2021?

Una family dey ment
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Nuelito: 11:50am On May 04, 2021
This matter wey dey ground so...e heavy for mouth
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by sojfarm: 11:50am On May 04, 2021
Who is an osu?
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by SavageResponse(m): 11:50am On May 04, 2021
Hammergirl:

Just bear in mind that if you marry an Osu your children will automatically also become Osu and will face the same discrimination when it's time for them to marry also
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by GeneralPula: 11:50am On May 04, 2021
What is Osu?
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Obason22(m): 11:50am On May 04, 2021
Love kill ur head
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Kobicove(m): 11:51am On May 04, 2021
Hammergirl:

They're warning you now but you don't want to listen.

The dog that will get lost will not hear the hunter's whistle!
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by sammirano: 11:51am On May 04, 2021
You can imagine mentality in 2021. igbos can never upgrade

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by chukwuibuipob: 11:51am On May 04, 2021
shocked sad lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by izedissele: 11:52am On May 04, 2021
fake yoorober
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Goodheart012(m): 11:52am On May 04, 2021
I thought y'all agree to stop the discrimination of OSU people. So why this?
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by iammo(m): 11:52am On May 04, 2021
Just imagine, if they discriminate between themselves, how do you expect them to treat others

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Zubydeangelo(m): 11:52am On May 04, 2021
Hammergirl:
Carry belle for am...thank me later
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Seniorwriter(m): 11:53am On May 04, 2021
Hammergirl:

You are also part of the problem @also referring to the person with such word(OSU).....i think you should first work on that.

Deep Quote
Ability to know the problem and go ahead and proactively solve it is a Superpower.

@Seniorwriter
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by hustla(m): 11:53am On May 04, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
You never cross 30years be that. Families of some of us dey pray mek we even carry goat come house say we wan marry am. cheesy

Lwkm cheesy grin

I dey this WhatsApp group

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Heavensent01(m): 11:53am On May 04, 2021
Op wake up, many Igbo ladies are now marrying Yoruba, Niger Delta and even Northerners

if your parents don't want you to marry your fellow tribesman all in the name of mumu OSU then marry outside Igbo land to shock them

I've never see Fulani and Igbo different, the duo practise archaic tradition and share the same thing in commom

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by loadedvibes: 11:54am On May 04, 2021
Ignorance dey worry you.
CanadaOrBust:
Nothing like Osu again in Igbo land. Na only you and your family wahala be that.
This is a good opportunity to take a righteous stand for once in your life

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by MPESA(m): 11:54am On May 04, 2021
CanadaOrBust:
Nothing like Osu again in Igbo land. Na only you and your family wahala be that.
This is a good opportunity to take a righteous stand for once in your life

You are on your own.
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Tomilola360: 11:54am On May 04, 2021
Islam embraces that. I doubt Christianity is against it too.

But what do I know?

lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by MPESA(m): 11:55am On May 04, 2021
post=101368946:
Ignorance dey worry you.

No mind am .

1 Like

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:55am On May 04, 2021
People still referring to some fellow humans as OSU,
In this era and 21st century?!

For those of us that have forever been wondering, what OSU OUTCAST means, here you have it.....

The Osu caste system, which is prevalent in Anambra, Imo and some areas in Ebonyi states, discriminates against families which in the ancient times were dedicated to the local deities because human sacrifice was required to cleanse the land of abominations. The Osu were mostly slaves and other categories of persons considered as “inferior”, as opposed to those who were “freeborn” or “Nwadiala”. As outcasts, they were discriminated against and not accepted by the mainstream of society.

In spite of efforts by clerics, political leaders and social crusaders to consign this system to the dustbin of history it is still being stubbornly observed in many communities. In 1956, the Eastern Nigerian House of Assembly had passed a law abolishing it, but it was not implemented.

There is no reason for this caste system to remain in these modern times. Slavery was abolished long ago, and no human sacrifice is going on anywhere in Nigeria except as a criminal offence linked to some dark cults. The constitution of Nigeria declares every person free and equal before the law. All Nigerians are constitutionally entitled to fundamental human rights, which include the right to freedom from discrimination and the dignity of the human person.

To end the Osu and similar inhuman caste systems wherever they are being practiced in Nigeria requires a combination of cultural reforms, law enforcement and active sensitisation. Serious legal actions need to be taken against any form of discrimination and dehumanisation.

We call on traditional authorities and churches in Igboland to prevail on every community still practising the Osu caste system to abolish it.

SAY NO TO OSU CASTE SYSTEM and let us all live as brothers and sisters in peace.
#EndOsu
Thank you!

We Rise!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Zane2point4(m): 11:55am On May 04, 2021
Pls for the sake of peace and probity, leave that relationship, let things u don't know when they began slide. Even when we know that system ought to have banished long time ago, but then are you ready to suffer subjugation from your family?
Pls leave it.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by Antoeni(m): 11:55am On May 04, 2021
Buy them Pizza, Shawama, Asun, Nwobi Isi-Ewu And 4 Cartons Life Beer and Hero.
Then it’s Settled
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by tit(f): 11:55am On May 04, 2021
Anti-Ibo opportunity thread makes front page by coincidence!!!
Really
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by MPESA(m): 11:56am On May 04, 2021
Zubydeangelo:
Carry belle for am...thank me later

Him go regret am . No bi joke .
Re: How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu by WOCKHARDI(m): 11:56am On May 04, 2021
They say "Love is blind". To me this is one of those instances where love will open even if it's eye, look very well, consider all the cons before going blind again.
If you want to bell the cat, I wish you good luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sexual Abuse And Our Children. Signs To Watch Out For. / Pictures Of Daddies Carrying Their Kids & Working / 10 Things That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Have Ever Used A Public Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.